• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The worst movies you’ve ever seen…or will about to see.

The Matrix Resurrections is up there for me. I knew it wasn't going to redefine cinematic action like the first Matrix did in 1999, but the choreography and filming was on-par with a cheap CW show.

Tv Show Television GIF by CW Kung Fu

Shooting Keanu Reeves GIF by The Matrix

Worst movie I've seen this year is that Purge movie that's the first Purge ever and it takes place in some New York Hood. It COULD'VE been decent if it was actually handled by black people but it was complete garbage. The second I saw Desiigner in the movie I knew it was a wrap.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Probably the sequel to 30 Days of Night. I forget the actual title. It's not worth googling.

Apparently they tried to vaguely follow the story from the followup comics. But it was just awful. I felt bad for every young actor involved, who were clearly just in it for the guild badge and paycheck but seemed to be talented in their own right.

Man what a terrible movie that was.

Doom85

I know, I'm just a big fan of the actor. And yeah I agree with you on everything about that movie

Awesome story ideas they set up, and then bafflingly don’t use:

-the new Morpheus having elements of Smith in him. Could have had a cool Jekyll/Hyde thing going on. Instead, it’s resolved pretty much as soon as it’s brought up
-the idea that the first three movies are Thomas’ delusion. Sure, we knew they wouldn’t ultimately do that as it would render those films pointless, but they could have kept the ambiguity going for longer than the five minutes it felt like they did
-a new war starting but some of the machines siding with the humans. Only discussed as backstory and not shown in the film.
-another guy is apparently Smith reborn. He more or less peaces out before the final act.
-Trinity learning to fly. Could have tied into the Architect’s explanation in Reloaded about the cycle of Ones, and maybe we discover how Trinity’s new body allowed her to be the next One, but Neo is also alive again and is also still The One, and maybe there being two at once will lead to the cycle being completely disrupted and something unexpected for the heroes and villains, you know something crazy. Instead….she just flies and they don’t elaborate on it much.

Still, while I don’t like the film, I still dislike it less than Revolutions which is pretty up there among my most disappointing trilogy conclusions.

Gone Fishin'

I was a kid and we all had signed permission slips to see a PG-13 movie and all the kids wanted Austin Powers but a friend and I were stuck at this turd with zero redeeming qualities because of dumb hag chaparones.

Uhtred

I thought Freddy Got Fingerd was genus level of comedy! This entire scene was some next level shit way beyond whats in this clip. The whole scene is amazing

Last edited:

GreenAlien

Open Water (2003)
Worst dvd I have ever paid for. Nothing happens for the full runtime and then it's over. Even boobs can't save this film.

diffusionx

Gold Member
There is a Netflix movie called Boss Level that is one of the worst I've ever seen. It's a time loop action movie with 50-something Frank Grillo looking ridiculous with his roided up body and hair implants. Just horrible.

Salz01

Fast and Furious 9. I started watching that last night, and I honestly expected to see Willie E Coyote in it….

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Awesome story ideas they set up, and then bafflingly don’t use:

-the new Morpheus having elements of Smith in him. Could have had a cool Jekyll/Hyde thing going on. Instead, it’s resolved pretty much as soon as it’s brought up
-the idea that the first three movies are Thomas’ delusion. Sure, we knew they wouldn’t ultimately do that as it would render those films pointless, but they could have kept the ambiguity going for longer than the five minutes it felt like they did
-a new war starting but some of the machines siding with the humans. Only discussed as backstory and not shown in the film.
-another guy is apparently Smith reborn. He more or less peaces out before the final act.
-Trinity learning to fly. Could have tied into the Architect’s explanation in Reloaded about the cycle of Ones, and maybe we discover how Trinity’s new body allowed her to be the next One, but Neo is also alive again and is also still The One, and maybe there being two at once will lead to the cycle being completely disrupted and something unexpected for the heroes and villains, you know something crazy. Instead….she just flies and they don’t elaborate on it much.

Still, while I don’t like the film, I still dislike it less than Revolutions which is pretty up there among my most disappointing trilogy conclusions.

I enjoyed Revolutions but I also believe in the fan theory that Neo isnt the one, it is Agent Smith. Revolutions does have issues but I enjoyed it

As for Resurrection other than the obvious agenda pushing, the action was badly shot and for some reason had all these closeups. It was weird and I felt that concept for this film could have been done better. The only good thing about the movie was Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, he's a fantastic actor and a great choice as a replacement for Morpheus. I think that Marvel Studios should have recast T'Challa and put him in the role. It's unfortunate, he's been in a lot of bad movies but his performances has always been fantastic. Or better yet put him in the lead role as Kang when it comes to a recast. I heard the director didnt want to direct the film but Warner Bros just gave her cash for her to continue the story and you can tell she didn't care at all for the film she was making

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Probably this one. I watched it (and the 4 sequels) with my wife. It was torture. Here is the plot. A rich English bad boy with serious trust issues falls in love with a naive American girl. They have a toxic relationship with lots of fucking and arguments. That's basically the plot of all films.

Terrible acting, shit dialogue and a paper thin plot with practically zero action. I'd rather let a rabid dog chew on my nuts than watch this series again.

After_2019_film.png

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Probably this one. I watched it (and the 4 sequels) with my wife. It was torture. Here is the plot. A rich English bad boy with serious trust issues falls in love with a naive American girl. They have a toxic relationship with lots of fucking and arguments. That's basically the plot of all films.

Terrible acting, shit dialogue and a paper thin plot with practically zero action. I'd rather let a rabid dog chew on my nuts than watch this series again.

After_2019_film.png

Than why did you watch it? 👀 👀

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Doom85

I heard the director didnt want to direct the film but Warner Bros just gave her cash for her to continue the story and you can tell she didn't care at all for the film she was making [/ISPOILER]

I actually heard she was using the film to help her deal with the grief of losing both her parents recently. She said getting to see Neo and Trinity again was very therapeutic for her. So if that’s the case, I’m glad the film exists at least for that. After all, if a fan doesn’t like a film sequel or what have you, they can just pretend it didn’t happen in their head canon. Using the power of:

imagination GIF

Top Bottom