• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheLastGuy |OT| Because we're too lazy to make a new one

9.0 Presentation
The first time you play, a voice over TV color bars tells you about the downfall of society. The mission screen has all the vital info for you to see at a glance. You can jump into levels.
7.5 Graphics
This is a simple game, but the city maps look great, and the way the crowd goes from following to freaking out is nice. The zombies and the last guy aren't the most detailed, but they look good.
8.5 Sound
There is only a handful of tracks in the game, but they never get old. The in-game song is catchy; the 8-bit effects are fun; and even when I died for the tenth time, the death music cracked me up.
9.0 Gameplay
Getting people from Point A to Point B is a simple concept, but The Last Guy uses level layouts, zombies, and strategy to make it something much, much more.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
I've beaten the game, and I can't wait to download it on Thursday and go after every VIP, every secret level, the leaderboards, and all 9,999,999,999 survivors I can have.

Outstanding
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/905/905778p1.html
Video review: http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14265437/the-last-guy/videos/thelastguy_vidreview_082608.html

Wow. The first PSN title to hit the 9.0 mark on IGN (not that it matters much).
Nice!

$9.99, available on PSN now!!

eznark

Banned
Wario64 said:
but is there trophies

no trophies no buy

doesn't sound like it (would have been included in the hunt list no?)

I've beaten the game, and I can't wait to download it on Thursday and go after every VIP, every secret level, the leaderboards, and all 9,999,999,999 survivors I can have.

I'm totally buying this, but again I wish there was trophies. Bionic Commando really pissed me off. ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS LOCK THE SAVE FILE!

Tiktaalik

Wow that's a pretty high score. I thought it might bomb because the gameplay looked a bit shallow from the videos. Guess it's worth a second look.

Trophies are pointless.

Overrated. For a while I honestly thought IGN's love for this game was more sarcasm than anything else. I played it and thought it was about as much fun as Pixeljunk Racers, which I also did not enjoy as well.

It is cool to look at for about 3 minutes, but I just could not find anything fun about it. Oh well, I hope others enjoy it.

GeoramA

Wow, unexpected score. I'm spending too much on PSN lately, but it's gonna be hard to pass this up.

:lol @ the video review.

Danielsan

Wowa, I thought the demo was pretty cool but this is unexpected. :D
Also, fuck trophies and fuck achievements for that matter.

eznark

Banned
Roxas said:
ugh. it begins

I don't know, it seems like the type of high score game that could be greatly enhanced with trophies. I don't think I'd enjoy Eden as much without that extra set of goals.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Surprised at the score.
Will buy!

I do agree that the presentation is stylish as heck.
And the promo videos are incredible.

Dante

Roxas said:
ugh. it begins

Nooooooo trophy, No buy!

ReggaeSidebar1.jpg

andycapps

Hmm, I'll have to download the demo and check it out. On first look it seemed unique but not much there. With this score I can't pass it by though.

LAMBO

The demo was pretty good, i'm not in a rush but i will buy the game in the future. And the $9.99 price is perfect, I'm very happy that most PSN games seem to be showing up at that price (i can't understand people saying that is a steep price). Trophies, who cares, i don't even bother getting ones that i know i can easily get.

Xater

Revolutionary said:
Wow. The first PSN title to hit the 9.0 mark on IGN (not that it matters much).
Nice!

Uh Bionic Commando Rearmed got a 9.4.

The score baffles me after the demo. I thought it was really shallow and to be honest uninteresting.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I thought it was great based on the demo. It seems shallow at first, but getting high scores requires some risky and elaborate tactics.

Top Bottom