• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheLastGuy |OT| Because we're too lazy to make a new one

dejay

Banned
Is this the official(ish) thread? I tried searching, but as usual the words you'd use to search for 90% of games are "too short or too common".

Anyway, I'm downloading now after going through the demo once (taking sooooo long). I bit because I read it had my home city (Sydney) in it.

duckroll

dejay said:
Is this the official(ish) thread? I tried searching, but as usual the words you'd use to search for 90% of games are "too short or too common".

Anyway, I'm downloading now after going through the demo once (taking sooooo long). I bit because I read it had my home city (Sydney) in it.

Unless someone else wants to make an official thread, this is all we have at the moment.

Very simple concept, very simple controls but very addictive game !
I just love this game.
This is what all PSN games should be like !

PSN starts to deliver very good games. Some are even a lot better than most of PS3 games.

I don't really know if I want to be spoiled but I hesitate to search for all the locations available in the game...
Maybe I should just play so I could have the surprise. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The La Brea, LA level is a bitch. But awesome nonetheless.
There are invisible enemies you can spot via thermal view.

Lain

Only played the first level so far, but had my fun trying to get all the V.I.P.s.
I love when at the menu the voice says The Last Guy... weird but feels cool.

Hinomura

I'd really love a map editor which allows google map/earth coordinates! And once there's a map editor, what about a share option?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I got to level 7 last night. Fantastic game. it was nice to see that parts of the background are even animated (smoke from chimneys, ferris wheel)

There are levels that really make you think and plan your route so that you can make it in given time.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Marconelly said:
I got to level 7 last night. Fantastic game. it was nice to see that parts of the background are even animated (smoke from chimneys, ferris wheel)

Even the foliage on some trees is animated!

duckroll

I'm currently on 3-1 (Stockholm) and it's a pretty tricky stage. I've ran out of time twice now with a line of like 1200-1300. Just can't seem to get enough people fast enough, argh.

sarcoa

duckroll said:
I'm currently on 3-1 (Stockholm) and it's a pretty tricky stage. I've ran out of time twice now with a line of like 1200-1300. Just can't seem to get enough people fast enough, argh.
I just got there too. I'm stuck because I can't figure out how to get people "out" of the buildings, they always go to the center and I can't seem to find a way in.

duckroll

sarcoa said:
I just got there too. I'm stuck because I can't figure out how to get people "out" of the buildings, they always go to the center and I can't seem to find a way in.

You need to keep expanding your line with the few people that sometimes pour out of some of the buildings. When you have a long enough line (there are more houses at the bottom of the map, it helps a lot), you then circle the entire buildings to rescue the people inside. I know how to do it, but I just can't get 1500 people before the time runs out. :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
duckroll said:
You need to keep expanding your line with the few people that sometimes pour out of some of the buildings. When you have a long enough line (there are more houses at the bottom of the map, it helps a lot), you then circle the entire buildings to rescue the people inside. I know how to do it, but I just can't get 1500 people before the time runs out. :/

Use the teleporter located within a building complex near the bottom/center to get back up quickly and circle-clean those early buildings starting from the smallest ones. I managed to get 1500 with 15 secs remaining.

I did it without venturing to the very bottom (past the Scatterwhatever monsters).

sarcoa

TTP said:
Use the teleporter located within a building complex near the bottom/center to get back up quickly and circle-clean those early buildings starting from the smallest ones. I managed to get 1500 with 15 secs remaining.

I did it without venturing to the very bottom (past the Scatterwhatever monsters).
Thanks guys, I did this^ and it worked perfectly.

bycha

Where all the other reviews? Wtf -- no reviews after the release of the game?

Actually i didn't like the demo and it's too short, i love the style though. Need more reviews, I don't believe IGN.

sarcoa

bycha said:
Where all the other reviews? Wtf -- no reviews after the release of the game?

Actually i didn't like the demo and it's too short, i love the style though. Need more reviews, I don't believe IGN.
You're welcomed to read my review, though I'd prefer anyone to actually read the text instead of just looking at the score.

http://digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/35/1277.html

fwiw if you didn't care for the demo, the full game might not be your cup of tea.

Kittonwy

Banned
dejay said:

They haz a goat.
Indifferent2.gif

Are these guyz really from the himalayaz?

I just bought teh last guy.

dejay

Banned
Revolutionary said:
Can someone give me a name to rename the thread, then?

I'm running low on wittyness at the moment (tired). lol

The Last Guy - the official conga line of hysterical ant people.

Or something else.

dejay

Banned
Wollan said:
It must have keywords Himalaya and Goat in there somehow.

If you're talking goats on a mountain top, surely a reference to The Sound of Music is in order.

(edit) Actually, that's a goatherd. Sorry, carry on.

btkadams

The Last Guy - Official Thread of Google Earth and Conga Lines

Or just straight up:

The Last Guy official thread of Google Earth

btkadams said:
The Last Guy - Official Thread of Google Earth and Conga Lines

Or just straight up:

The Last Guy official thread of Google Earth
I like.
Turns out a mod/admin needs to edit it though.... either that or it's super delayed.
lol

jax (old)

Banned
This game is a freaking hoot to play and get into. I have to say, PSN rocking it out. When I read earlier impressions... that stuff about google earth.. .I was like meh. This is different, this is innovative thinking creating this title.

Its extremely addictive to me. I keep trying for a better score.

*btw great review sarcoa - I think if you enjoyed the demo, its an easy buy.

ChryZ

I love this game.

The idea of having a Japanese team to do a game, but to give it the persona of an Indian dev team that is stuck in the 80s gameplay-wise, that get the outsourching job of making a HD arcade game on the next gen platform: the 80s vector gui, the crappy voice overs done by one Indian dude who is changing his voice to dub monsters and refugees, but all in HD with highly detailed maps, etc ... so quirky, so full of win, so fucking brilliant :lol

jax (old)

Banned
ChryZ said:
I love this game.

The idea of having a Japanese team to do a game, but to give it the persona of an Indian dev team that is stuck in the 80s gameplay-wise, that get the outsourching job of making a HD arcade game on the next gen platform: the 80s vector gui, the crappy voice overs done by one Indian dude who is changing his voice to dub monsters and refugees, but all in HD with highly detailed maps, etc ... so quirky, so full of win, so fucking brilliant :lol

haha. I mean, really, I wonder how they brain stormed this up. I'm loving the quirk DLC titles. PJE/TLC + braid. quirk y

itxaka

Defeatist
I got the game yesterday. Full-of-win

Totally old school. Simple and easy, go here, take guys, save them. Advanced technics for advanced users. Great music (maybe one more track or two would be welcome).

ChryZ

Jax said:
haha. I mean, really, I wonder how they brain stormed this up. I'm loving the quirk DLC titles. PJE/TLC + braid. quirk y
I haven't been to Japan for while, but it seems they legalized LSD of there. They put a bunch of people in a room filled with white boards, goats, dry-erase makers, drop some acid, then they check the white boards a few hours later ... and go (O_O)

duckroll

Man, I did Stockholm again, and when the timer ran out I got to the Escape Zone with..... 1493 people and 4 VIPs.

T_T

Souplak

duckroll said:
Man, I did Stockholm again, and when the timer ran out I got to the Escape Zone with..... 1493 people and 4 VIPs.

T_T

Try going to the lower right corner. There is two buildings with about 400 people each, with them clearing the map should be "easy".

duckroll

Souplak said:
Try going to the lower right corner. There is two buildings with about 400 people each, with them clearing the map should be "easy".

That totally worked, thanks a bunch. Now I'm #25 on the rankings for Stockholm! :D

I cleared a ton of stages and made it to 4-2 today. Man, it's pretty hard! Can't wait to see what the final stage has to offer. I changed the title of the thread to TheLastGuy too, so now it should be searchable.

dejay

Banned
Stockholm was heaps fun, marching 1000+ people around those city blocks to release yet more little dudes. I got stock on LA last night and haven't been back since - finishing off Bionic Commando took precedence.

Top Bottom