• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TheLastGuy |OT| Because we're too lazy to make a new one

Tenbatsu

duckroll said:
It's up on JP and Asian PSN stores! Woooohooooo! The Asian price follows the US pricing! 13.99 Singapore dollars on the Singapore store! Take that 2000yen JP scam! BOUGHT! :D
$14 singapore dollars...nice!

duckroll

I really don't know how IGN can give a game like this a 9.0 with a straight face. It's a fun little game, but I'm glad it's 10 bucks everywhere outside Japan, because it really isn't that great. If you've played the demo or the JP Premium, just expect 15 stages of that, with some minor twists. There really isn't much more to the game and everything in terms of features just feels totally barebones. I'm having fun, but IGN is setting a really low standard for downloadable titles with that ridiculous score. :p

jax (old)

Banned
duckroll said:
I really don't know how IGN can give a game like this a 9.0 with a straight face. It's a fun little game, but I'm glad it's 10 bucks everywhere outside Japan, because it really isn't that great. If you've played the demo or the JP Premium, just expect 15 stages of that, with some minor twists. There really isn't much more to the game and everything in terms of features just feels totally barebones. I'm having fun, but IGN is setting a really low standard for downloadable titles with that ridiculous score. :p

:( that sucks!

ChryZ

I'm going to abuse the weak dollar for a nice instant discount. Can't wait, the demo was fun and a nice basic arcade-like game is most welcome.

I thought I would like it but the demo didn't impress me. I don't like the graphics, they make maneuvering too hard. They must have realized it because they did that thing where you can see exactly where you can and cannot walk, that's just like admitting they made a mistake and didn't fix it because they thought using google earth was just too neat. But yeah, I tried the level a few times and the gameplay wasn't that fun to me. It was like, "okay I get it, don't need to play this anymore."

But still, I'm glad sony is going in nutty directions because so many of these PSN games are quality.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
They must have realized it because they did that thing where you can see exactly where you can and cannot walk, that's just like admitting they made a mistake and didn't fix it because they thought using google earth was just too neat.
I thought exactly the same thing! I can see why they thought using photos would be cool, but it just doesn't work for the gameplay.

Uh, that's surely intentional, the same way you can't see where the people are. It's a gameplay mechanic, making you switch back and forth between the two views with drawbacks to each. I like it.

robochimp

Rapping Granny said:
I know...how did we ever play Pixel Junk Monsters or any other game without trophies?

If there are games available with trophies and without, you can't blame people for spending their money on games that they perceive as giving them more value.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
robochimp said:
If there are games available with trophies and without, you can't blame people for spending their money on games that they perceive as giving them more value.
I can blame them for putting so much value into something that is ultimately worthless.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
duckroll said:
IGN doesn't know how to rate PSN games it seems. They've given some really good ones abysmal scores and some crap ones high scores.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I really don't know how IGN can give a game like this a 9.0 with a straight face. It's a fun little game, but I'm glad it's 10 bucks everywhere outside Japan, because it really isn't that great.

i danced around it nicely, but yeah, it's an interesting one off diversion but that score is way too high (IMO of course)

2800300941_90f082ef2b.jpg

See that red building in the bottom right? My bar is in there, so I might just be one of those dudes running out...

distrbnce

Banned
WasabiKing said:
2800300941_90f082ef2b.jpg

See that red building in the bottom right? My bar is in there, so I might just be one of those dudes running out...

ha! that's awesome. what city is that?

your bar like the one you own, or the one you frequent?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
duckroll said:

I'm finding a lot of diversity in the first 4 stages of the actual game compared to the demo. And Ive yet to encounter the new enemies. I loved the "sneaking" level in Washington.

distrbnce said:
ha! that's awesome. what city is that?

your bar like the one you own, or the one you frequent?
San Francisco, I act like I own it, but I am a "super-regular" as quoted by one of the owners

This game just went from my "WTF did this come from?" list to my "I'm trying the demo as soon as I get home from work" list :lol

Kinan

btw, the game is fully translated to Russian, and I suppose to like 20 another languages too. Good work SCEJ.

AndyD

aka andydumi
GuessWho said:
just tried the demo...not my type. I would of liked if you can zoom in closer.

You know there's several zoom levels right? The closest one is a little too close for gameplay i think.

Baha

Revolutionary said:
You can buy the full game straight from the demo, apparently.

I'm kind of wary to try it out, though.

All that does is link you to the PSN store, just about every demo with a buy the full game option does that. It's how I bought Bionic Commando :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Bought it right away. Cool game, I like how levels seem to be more or less planned out and not just survivors added in random spots. Also nice how they always add something new with every level (at least as far as I've played, about 7 levels or so) to keep it fresh. And some of the descriptions for the VIP people are hilarious. :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I thought the demo was ok, but the full game is much, much better. I agree with TTP...that sneaking mission was awesome.

If you're even remotely interested based on the demo, get this game. It's really fun.

Marble Blast Ultra was definitely $10 when it came out. And worth twice that. This game is worth $10. How many $5 PSN games have there been really?

jax (old)

Banned
BobJustBob said:
Marble Blast Ultra was definitely $10 when it came out. And worth twice that. This game is worth $10. How many $5 PSN games have there been really?

There were a whole series that went on sale during summer - about 5 titles if I recall right - 1 of them were sexcellent - PJM. Pain is great value at $5.

Pain would be a great value at $50. But I mean the original price, not a sale or discount. People are complaining about $10 like it hasn't been the standard PSN price point from the start.

duckroll said:

No mention of the oscar worthy story? You fail.

Top Bottom