• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theme Parks & Roller Coasters |OT| The Happiest Place on GAF

aparisi2274

Not really a theme park, but Action Park in NJ just finished building a 1000ft long water slide in their park...

https://twitter.com/actionpark_nj/status/616718347363704833

18944653823_3c720046c3_b.jpg

I-Im not sure if this is the right thread or not for this, but I'm trying to figure out some more information on Disney's MagicBand things.

If I order one online, can i get it customized with my name on it? Or is that only for if you're staying at the parks and whatnot?

The bands are really neat and I want one for my next trip to Didney Wurld whenever that will be.

aparisi2274

I-Im not sure if this is the right thread or not for this, but I'm trying to figure out some more information on Disney's MagicBand things.

If I order one online, can i get it customized with my name on it? Or is that only for if you're staying at the parks and whatnot?

The bands are really neat and I want one for my next trip to Didney Wurld whenever that will be.

I believe that you get one if you book through Disney and plan to stay on property at one of their hotels, because the band acts as your room key, your park tickets, your FP+, and if you link a CC, your CC as well.

If you are just getting a ticket, I believe you just get a normal ticket.

Personalized bands are only available with a resort stay. You don't necessarily need to book a package, just a room. If you have your own tickets you can link them to the bands you'd get. For what it's worth, the personalization is under the band so you won't be able to see it while wearing it.

Personalized bands are only available with a resort stay. You don't necessarily need to book a package, just a room. If you have your own tickets you can link them to the bands you'd get. For what it's worth, the personalization is under the band so you won't be able to see it while wearing it.

Disney are really missing a trick by not selling the bands to people with normal tickets... I would 100% drop some extra cash to buy a magic band outright and link my ticket to it! :p

Disney are really missing a trick by not selling the bands to people with normal tickets... I would 100% drop some extra cash to buy a magic band outright and link my ticket to it! :p
You can buy the standard colors through Disney's online store and link them to your account. The special edition ones show up on eBay. You need a resort stay if you want it personalized, though.

http://m.disneystore.com/disney/sto...r_page:20&Nu=pProductID&N=1024701&q=Magicband

zeemumu

Anyone else notice that they've started advertising Jurassic Park at Universal Studios again? I guess due to Jurassic World, but that should be one of those rides that shouldn't need advertising. It's one of the staples of the park. That's like advertising Space Mountain for Disneyland.

aparisi2274

Im still baffled of how this park is still open lol
I remember some friends and me some years ago were reading all the news and watching all the videos from action park and laughing our asses off.

After Action Park closed it was renamed to Mountain Creek, had impeccable safety records and was still owned by the family who ran AP. A few years back they added the AP name again so it was called Action Park at Mountain Creek. It was a great marketing ploy, because who doesn't want to relive their youth at a place that was synonymous with danger... :)

After Action Park closed it was renamed to Mountain Creek, had impeccable safety records and was still owned by the family who ran AP. A few years back they added the AP name again so it was called Action Park at Mountain Creek. It was a great marketing ploy, because who doesn't want to relive their youth at a place that was synonymous with danger... :)

All the urban legends, real or not, attached to action park, are really attractive as a marketing ploy, becuase im sure lots of people are now interested to see the crazy park they watched in some youtube videos. So its pretty genius what they did, even if the name is supposed to have negative connotations.

Goldrusher

New artwork and details of Shanghai Disneyland:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-lands-to-include-new-attractions-live-shows/

Just a few minutes ago in China, Disney chairman and CEO, Bob Iger unveiled new, exciting details on Shanghai Disney Resort, the area’s first Disney destination, and the six themed lands planned for the Shanghai Disneyland theme park.

6aIXomI.jpg

Shanghai Disney Resort will be a world-class family entertainment destination that blends the magic of Disney and the cultural spirit and beauty of China. And during a special event that included Disney COO Tom Staggs and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek, Bob Iger shared a peek at what the Resort will look like with the unveiling of a spectacular scale model showcasing its two hotels, Disneytown – its international shopping, dining and entertainment district, Wishing Star Park’s beautiful gardens and six themed lands of mainland China’s first Disney theme park – Shanghai Disneyland.

“We are building something truly special here in Shanghai that not only showcases the best of Disney’s storytelling but also celebrates and incorporates China’s incredibly rich heritage to create a one-of-a-kind destination that will delight and entertain the people of China for generations to come,” said Iger speaking to media during today’s presentation at the Shanghai Expo Centre. “We are taking everything we’ve learned from our six decades of exceeding expectations – along with our relentless innovation and famous creativity to create a truly magical place that is both authentically Disney and distinctly Chinese.”

At Shanghai Disneyland, Disney stories will come to life at the tallest, largest and most interactive castle at any Disney theme park. The themed lands will offer something for everyone with live stage productions, world premieres and thrilling attractions ­­– many never seen before – that will appeal to guests of all generations. Guests also will be able to experience Disney characters in each land, including Mickey and his pals on Mickey Avenue and in Gardens of Imagination.

dSt6Px3.jpg

In Tomorrowland, one of the six themed lands, guests will be able to experience the TRON Lightcycle Power Run, a new coaster-style attraction where riders board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles for one of the most thrilling adventures at any Disney park.

dyAIMwu.jpg

AexGXiP.gif

(video)

Fantasyland will be the largest land and home to the majestic Enchanted Storybook Castle that we’ve already featured here on the Blog. In this fairy-tale paradise, guests will float through familiar Disney stories on Voyage to the Crystal Grotto, hitch a rollicking ride on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and take flight over the skies of London on Peter Pan’s Flight. They may also explore the Hundred Acre Wood with Winnie the Pooh or follow Alice through a dazzling Wonderland maze.

Treasure Cove – will be the first pirate-themed land in a Disney park. As guests explore this pirate world, they will enter Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of Sunken Treasure, an attraction that transforms a boat ride into a thrilling journey with cutting-edge innovations in robotics, animation, set design and multimedia. Adventurous spirits will be tempted to board a pirate ship, paddle through the scenic cove on Explorer Canoes and dine at Barbossa’s Bounty.

Adventure Isle will immerse guests in a newly discovered lost world, filled with hidden treasures and a chance to explore its mysteries. The mighty Roaring Mountain will tower over guests and beckon them on their journey. Guests can blaze their own trails at Camp Discovery, travel around the world on Soaring over the Horizon, or embark on the thrilling rafting adventure Roaring Rapids, straight through the heart of Adventure Isle. There they discover the underworld realm of a mysterious, fearsome creature.

zn0OdL8.jpg

LVDI2y8.jpg

Tomorrowland will not only include the TRON Lightcycle Power Run but also offer the chance for guests to go to infinity and beyond on Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue, a new space ranger adventure, or break the bonds of gravity on Jet Packs. The land will feature a massive, color-shifting canopy near the TRON Lightcycle Power Run.

PpVqcbE.jpg

Mickey Avenue will be the first main entry at a Disney park inspired by the colorful personalities of Mickey Mouse and his pals. In the neighborhoods of this welcoming, whimsical avenue, guests will share a hug and get a photo with some all-time favorite Disney characters. Avenue M Arcade, one of the many shops along the avenue, will feature the largest selection of gifts and collectibles inside the theme park.

Cq97sn2.jpg

Gardens of Imagination will celebrate the wonders of nature and the joy of imagination, as guests leave everyday life behind to enjoy the seven whimsical gardens. Guests will take a spin on the Fantasia Carousel, soar on the back of Dumbo the Flying Elephant and enjoy the area’s iconic Disney entertainment, including Castle stage shows and “Ignite the Dream, a Nighttime Spectacular of Magic and Light.” From several places in this land, guests will enjoy “Mickey’s Storybook Express,” an exciting parade with its own musical soundtrack and colorful performers on the longest parade route in a Disney park.

xu1nTBQ.jpg

I dont really know what to think about this park, even if I like some ideas, it feels like it was designed by comitee and has no soul.

Also lol at the entrance station, looks like a shitty version of the one at Disneyland mixed with the arches and columns of one of the first mods done for RCT3 that were super versatile and were used a ton.

I wish California's Tomorrowland looked like Shanghai's proposed Tomorrowland. To me, it's the one part of Disneyland that doesn't feel exotic, nostalgic, or fantastic when you're just walking around.

zeemumu

I wish California's Tomorrowland looked like Shanghai's proposed Tomorrowland. To me, it's the one part of Disneyland that doesn't feel exotic, nostalgic, or fantastic when you're just walking around.

Probably because a lot of the stuff in there is ironically obsolete compared to the rest of the park. There's a random track that no longer gets use and a theater that only seems to be used for showing movie previews these days. The outside of Innoventions is still showing its age and there could be more going on on the upper queue of Space Mountain.

zeemumu

2spooky4me

I don't how people deal with this stuff, like I'm jumpy as fuck. HHN would probably give me a heart attack.

I like going with jumpy people. It's hilarious. The Halloweenified events are my favorite times of the year. Knott's and HHN are my go-to's. I don't get scared but all the people waiting to scare me keep me on my toes, and it's kind of an adrenaline feeling.

Nelo Ice

Banned
2spooky4me

I don't how people deal with this stuff, like I'm jumpy as fuck. HHN would probably give me a heart attack.
I though I was jumpy too then I did every almost every house by myself and they weren't scary at all. I was the person who would actually go closer since I wanted to get a good look at the actors make up lol.

zeemumu

Right so today's the official 60th birthday of Disneyland. According to my Twitter feed there are somewhere between 300-1000 people there right now, and it's 5AM. I had planned to go after work because the other option is to brave traffic, which will take me somewhere over an hour to get through to go home and Disneyland is closer to my work than my house is, but now I'm not so sure. I guess I could hang around for a bit but getting on any rides is out of the question.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Right so today's the official 60th birthday of Disneyland. According to my Twitter feed there are somewhere between 300-1000 people there right now, and it's 5AM. I had planned to go after work because the other option is to brave traffic, which will take me somewhere over an hour to get through to go home and Disneyland is closer to my work than my house is, but now I'm not so sure. I guess I could hang around for a bit but getting on any rides is out of the question.

I still wish I lived in Cypress for this. But going today would have been cool for the festivities and all the free stuff they're giving out.
DjaljXZ.jpg

Besides that the crowds would make me think I've made a huge mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEDPvvRnsvc

On a sidenote my friend arrived last night and it didn't occur to him it was the actual day of the 60th until I brought it up and he's the biggest Disney fan I know. He didn't think it was going to be that bad....lol.

zeemumu

Damn guess I'll eat crow then haha. Was expecting madness with it being the 60th celebration and the actual bday itself.

So was I. Pass me some of that crow.

Also, when did they animate the doors in the temple of the forbidden eye? The Mara room has had its new animation fir some time but the door rotation in the chamber of destiny has been off for some time. This time we got the chamber of earthly riches and the carving on too of the archway started raining gold before the door opened.

ito007

I made another visit to Cedar Point today and dragster is just as awesome as ever. Also, the new Maverick restraints definitely help the experience. My sides still get a little hurt but I'm no longer trying to fend for my head's safety. Still an incredible ride regardless of restraints and aches, however.

Lastly, I still don't get the Gatekeeper hate. I rode it again today and enjoyed it even more than I usually do. I wonder if it's one of those rides you gotta be in a "mindset" for.

Xun

I still find it somewhat strange there's no railroad in Shanghai Disneyland.

It's nice that they're changing it up, but that entrance looks to be begging for a train. :p

incredible

Almost didn't get on Spidey lol. Luckily Transformers going on the fritz earlier in the day gave me an express pass that I was able to use. Crowds were super light from about 11am-1pm but heated up after that. Spidey and Hulk both sitting at 60+ minutes with single rider either closed or out the door for both around 3pm. Said screw it for Hulk (metal detectors lol) and did Spidey instead.

If anyone here works or goes to Universal Orlando often...have you noticed unusually low waits for Gringotts? Was really low all day...like 10 minutes posted around 11am with an empty singles line. Didn't see it hit over 30 minutes all day when Spidey, Hulk, Transformers, FJ, and even the Simpsons were all over 50 minutes at one point or another. Not that I'm complaining, but it's surprising considering it's an E-ticket-ass E-ticket and the new hotness.

incredible

Almost didn't get on Spidey lol. Luckily Transformers going on the fritz earlier in the day gave me an express pass that I was able to use. Crowds were super light from about 11am-1pm but heated up after that. Spidey and Hulk both sitting at 60+ minutes with single rider either closed or out the door for both around 3pm. Said screw it for Hulk (metal detectors lol) and did Spidey instead.

If anyone here works or goes to Universal Orlando often...have you noticed unusually low waits for Gringotts? Was really low all day...like 10 minutes posted around 11am with an empty singles line. Didn't see it hit over 30 minutes all day when Spidey, Hulk, Transformers, FJ, and even the Simpsons were all over 50 minutes at one point or another. Not that I'm complaining, but it's surprising considering it's an E-ticket-ass E-ticket and the new hotness.

Wait. A metal detector to get onto a single ride?

Wait. A metal detector to get onto a single ride?

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Universal uses metal detectors for the Hulk, Dragon Challenge, and Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket roller coasters. Probably some lawyer kneejerk reaction to a guest getting struck with something. It started in April this year.

zeemumu

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Universal uses metal detectors for the Hulk, Dragon Challenge, and Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket roller coasters. Probably some lawyer kneejerk reaction to a guest getting struck with something. It started in April this year.

Hollywood breaks out the metal detectors for HHN, as do most other parks because you really don't want your scareactor stabbing someone. As far as I know, Magic Mountain is the only park that has them year-round.

Hollywood breaks out the metal detectors for HHN, as do most other parks because you really don't want your scareactor stabbing someone. As far as I know, Magic Mountain is the only park that has them year-round.

At the entrance of the rides? Universal only requires a simple bag check to enter the resort. The metal detectors are only required to get on those three rides. The metal detectors are located inside the queues for each.

zeemumu

At the entrance of the rides? Universal only requires a simple bag check to enter the resort. The metal detectors are only required to get on those three rides. The metal detectors are located inside the queues for each.

Oh, no, I meant at the entrances. They do it because they really don't want someone bringing a knife or a gun into the attraction and getting scared by a monster and shooting/stabbing someone as a result. Six Flags Magic Mountain does it year-round because the area that it's in is fairly violent.

Crimson Peak announced for HHN Hollywood.

What are some decent and cheap hotels around Hershey Park?

Preferably with breakfast included.

Google is just handing me a giant list and I don't want to sit and keep plugging in my dates (August 14-16) on every single website, it'd take hours.

What are some decent and cheap hotels around Hershey Park?

Preferably with breakfast included.

Google is just handing me a giant list and I don't want to sit and keep plugging in my dates (August 14-16) on every single website, it'd take hours.

try the days inn in hershey. 350 W Chocolate Ave, Hershey, PA 17033. not sure how cheap it is, but it has a free breakfast and is actually within walking distance of the park (if you know where you are going).

Top Bottom