• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief |OT| Hide your valuables, Garrett is back in town

Tizoc

What's the Point of No Return in this game? Want to make note of it so that I can finish up all side quests before progressing.

Moff

What's the Point of No Return in this game? Want to make note of it so that I can finish up all side quests before progressing.

the start of mission 7, the game tells you that if you start it
but you can do all the side quets after you finished the game, and repeat all the other missions, too. after you beat the game. so there is no real point of no return.

Tizoc

Thanks. Well I'll want to do the side quests to make the final stages easier by having enough gold for resources and what have you =P

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like this game had a lack of an identity through course of most of its development and lacked a certain confidence of its structure from start to finish, and you can clearly see that in the games narrative and structure. I was quite surprised when going through the credits how generally small the teams main was in each department and I feel as this was developed in a rushed state with a two year maximum after the last “reboot” on whatever last prototype of this game was, and the team as it is on this version did their utmost best to try and nail the best as they can.

There’s definitely some good things going for it such as some solid stealth mechanics and great atmosphere and art direction but I feel that this game, in many ways, is a very flawed gem and if given more time or another sequel after reflecting back on the feedback from the fans/customers/press reaction they could make a very solid stealth game from beginning to end.

But as a thief game in general I feel like it’s a big mix of different feelings. I didn’t feel much to this Garrett and he come across as a very dull uninteresting character that kept my interest or care in comparison to Stephen Russells’ work. It’s nothing against the new voice actor, who plays him, but his “character” and motivations didn’t resonate with me and I would have to say that it will be down to how terrible the story was and how it was all over the place. Hell, I sure didn’t get what the “Daniel Day Lewis Thief General” character was all about. It just felt random to me in a bad way. Hardly felt like Thief at all but more like trying to take too many things from Dishonoured (which amusingly was heavily inspired by Thief!). Also the sound design is a complete disaster. I’ve spent about twenty hours on the game and even after finishing I can’t remember a single damn thing about the music or ambiance outside the odd moment of typical AI swearing. Not good.

A lot of side quests and a few of the main chapters however was great and felt like they can be up there with some of the previous thief levels but I am not going to pretend there was a lot of linearity and jank over course of the journey that put some sour in my experience which is a shame given there is some spirit and heart inside the game that I felt they manage to nail right but it is behind a lot of things that still needed time and feedback.

I am sure this game wasn't too overly expensive to make and hopefully the game sells enough for them to give it another attempt and look back on what heavily needs fixing because I feel like they deserve another shot given more time and fix what is broken and keep what is there.

6/10 for me if people care about scores (and usually I am quite generous on a genre I adore). This is coming from a stealth fan.

They attempted human transmutation...

12998014094_bef2b0982e_o.jpg

12998015224_f54751f4b7_o.jpg

imperium

Would you guys say that this game is worth $59.99?

That's a tough question because it's a fairly polarizing game. I paid full price and I'm enjoying it for the most part.. The core mechanics are solid IMO and it's certainly a long game. But there are enough annoyances, bugs & poor design choices that you patience will get tested.

Unless you've watched a few twitch stream and really like what you see I wouldn't recommend paying full prIce. Besides, the game has been out long enough that discounts should start popping up.

thenexus6

Waiting for PS+ after hearing people speak about the game. Wouldn't be so bad but when you stack up SP only, it not being the greatest game anyway, and being expensive at £50/$60 its sounds like a hard sell.

CrimsonN0

How is this game compared to Dishonoured?

I liked Dishonoured okay, but not really enough to ever want to replay it.
It was also the GOTY Edition and only $11.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Dishonored (when played stealthily) is a poor man's Thief; Thi4f is a poor man's Dishonored.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

If you didn't like Dishonored, you're not gonna find much joy in this game, it's basically a watered down version of Dishonored, it's not akin to the original Thief games.

I think the key is that Thief (4) tries to be a Thief game... dark alleys, avoiding guards, focused on pure ghost stealth, walking in the shadows always, turning off lights, stealing stuff, the bow, etc. It's all there, and while a pretty decent game, it isn't as good as the previous ones, Thief 1/2 cast a long shadow (har har).

Dishonored is better considered, but just because it doesn't try to be as much an Thief game. You are an assassin, you have some options for playing a more violent path, you have a good number of supernatural abilities to advance or to kill instead of just waiting in the shadows, etc. The setting is interesting and novel, the story isn't great but it's decent in its simplicity, while Thief plot tries to be more and in the end it's more awful for it. In the other hand Thief is a bit longer.

Quality wise, I don't think there is really a big difference between the two games.

d9b

Banned
I'm reasonably enjoying this, but my god the loading is insane. It is unbelievable how much loading there is.
Same here. Playing on master with everything turned off and really enjoying this game.
Also agree about loading... how's this even possible in 2014 on brand new hardware...

Bittercup

Very mixed game. For the first missions I was quite happy, that the game isn't as bad as the developers made the impression. Some strange decisions and changes and inconsistent quality but still a solid game.
But they really need to fix the AI bugs that cause after loading a save file scripts to not work including guard patrol routes so guards are just standing in their position often creating situations that are impossible to sneak by and the only solution is to load an earlier save where the scripts are still running or haven't started yet. Last night I played the second last mission and had this happen 5 times in ~40min. Really lowered the enjoyment I had quite a bit. Fortunately on the missions before it only happened occasionally.

If you didn't like Dishonored, you're not gonna find much joy in this game, it's basically a watered down version of Dishonored, it's not akin to the original Thief games.

I disagree, I like Thief better than I did Dishonored. Dishonored stealth system is just not fun, easier just to go around killing everybody.

This is only true though if you're going to play it stealthy to the end. If you liked the combat and magic mechanics of Dishonored, you're going to be very disappointed in Thief.

Agree that there are lot of bugs in the game. The most infuriating ones are the constant banter of the guards on the street.
I swear, I had to go out of my way to knockout every stupid guard on the hub just to not hear about Polly Adler again.

sobaka770

Banned
Dishonored is the Call of Duty of stealth games, plain and simple. Before I go any further, I want to say that I've finished Dishonored and I liked it quite a bit, it's fluid, has a nice art style and lasts long enough to fill fulfilling without feeling like a chore towards the end.

That being said, Dishonored is not a good stealth game. The Blink mechanic, while genius from gameplay accessiblity perspective, ruins the stealth part quite a bit. Dishonored's character doesn't feel physical in this world because he can teleport around like a sci-fi alien. Moreover, Dishonored rarely punishes you for getting caught. Usually you can get into places with guns blazing and slaughter your way to the final target.

Dishonored puts stealth as a "good" version of the character, because otherwise there'd be little justification for even trying to go unnoticed apart from the random achievement.

While people praise the different paths you can choose to tackle a level in Dishonored, I didn't feel that the game was overly open. Usually there are the same 2-3 optimal paths to go to, and most of the differences are because of the use of Blink (which becomes overpowered with the first upgrade).

Thief was always a hardcore experience. If you play this game on easy difficulty and fight with guards, then you're doing it wrong. This is not the fantasy of being a thief, but rather that of a bandit. You're not supposed to even kill anyone, because you're not a murderer per se (see the game title).

Just as CoD Dishonored is not a difficult game. It's pulp fiction for masses and it gets solid reviews because it has broad appeal. It doesn't alienate stealth fans too much but invites a large audience into the mix because it's so easy to shake off the need for being a ghost. Thief doesn't do that. It doesn't have the broad appeal, because it derives from a core fantasy of being a Thief not open-world do-what-you-want nonsense.

And while I agree that Thief lacks on the technical level, with frequent loading and stuttering on my PS4, which is unacceptable from such a high-profile release, as a stealth game, Thief offers so much more and I cannot help but love it for its uncompormising take on the genre. Playing with all the visual aids and focus turned off on Master difficulty really makes this game shine (picking locks by controller vibration is pretty intense, especially for hard ones). Dishonored for all its strengths doesn't make me feel as an assassin.

Dishonored is the Call of Duty of stealth games, plain and simple. Before I go any further, I want to say that I've finished Dishonored and I liked it quite a bit, it's fluid, has a nice art style and lasts long enough to fill fulfilling without feeling like a chore towards the end.

That being said, Dishonored is not a good stealth game. The Blink mechanic, while genius from gameplay accessiblity perspective, ruins the stealth part quite a bit. Dishonored's character doesn't feel physical in this world because he can teleport around like a sci-fi alien. Moreover, Dishonored rarely punishes you for getting caught. Usually you can get into places with guns blazing and slaughter your way to the final target.

Dishonored puts stealth as a "good" version of the character, because otherwise there'd be little justification for even trying to go unnoticed apart from the random achievement.

While people praise the different paths you can choose to tackle a level in Dishonored, I didn't feel that the game was overly open. Usually there are the same 2-3 optimal paths to go to, and most of the differences are because of the use of Blink (which becomes overpowered with the first upgrade).

Thief was always a hardcore experience. If you play this game on easy difficulty and fight with guards, then you're doing it wrong. This is not the fantasy of being a thief, but rather that of a bandit. You're not supposed to even kill anyone, because you're not a murderer per se (see the game title).

Just as CoD Dishonored is not a difficult game. It's pulp fiction for masses and it gets solid reviews because it has broad appeal. It doesn't alienate stealth fans too much but invites a large audience into the mix because it's so easy to shake off the need for being a ghost. Thief doesn't do that. It doesn't have the broad appeal, because it derives from a core fantasy of being a Thief not open-world do-what-you-want nonsense.

And while I agree that Thief lacks on the technical level, with frequent loading and stuttering on my PS4, which is unacceptable from such a high-profile release, as a stealth game, Thief offers so much more and I cannot help but love it for its uncompormising take on the genre. Playing with all the visual aids and focus turned off on Master difficulty really makes this game shine (picking locks by controller vibration is pretty intense, especially for hard ones). Dishonored for all its strengths doesn't make me feel as an assassin.

Thank you for articulating my exact thoughts

AHA-Lambda

I'll keep this brief as I'm on.a mobile right now but I finished this game last night and I understand why it got the scores it did, and it's a shame cos it started well.

I found the biggest problem was just that the game was so unengaging and average really. I felt no inclination to explore or do side quests, the actual thievery was just for collecting gold to buy stuff which you don't really need cos the game is so easy. So in, my experience of a thief game the actual thievery was largely irrelevant.

the more modern aspects such as the uncharted style platforming and escape sequences weren't bad enough to ruin anything as they aren't present enough I felt to detract. Although I do praise that this game has kept true to ignoring a focus on combat, I hardly ever got into combat. nevertheless stealth is very easy and if you do get caught it's pretty simple to run away in the direction of your target anyway.

I played on default settings and difficulty, but it was for the most part so simple due to a combination of largely linear level design, AI that was dumb as a doorstop and the frankly overpowered swoop move. This is 2014 and the stealth of this game reminded me of the relative simplicity of mgs1, where you were largely fine as long as you stayed out of people's direct line of sight.

also the story was guff, the general character in particular was awful, sound mixing atrocious (can't remember the last time I played a game with audio editing this bad) and a damp squib of an ending.

disclaimer: I've only played thief 3 before, and really enjoyed it, planning on playing thief 1 and 2 soon.

Donos

Dishonored is the Call of Duty of stealth games, plain and simple. Before I go any further, I want to say that I've finished Dishonored and I liked it quite a bit, it's fluid, has a nice art style and lasts long enough to fill fulfilling without feeling like a chore towards the end....

Very good post. Thanks.

Sh1ner

So I just finished it, My thoughts

• The story was a massive turd of incomprehensible garbage. That's enough said on that.
  • The mechanics themselves are all mostly sound, focus is pretty much useless apart from scoping out the contents of a room. All the upgrades and add-ons aren't worth the effort based on how quickly the focus power is used up when activated.
  • Guards are all dumb as a post but for the most part it worked in an old school Thief kinda way, only issue I really had was the fact that one alerted guard telepathically alerts all other guards instantly, really annoying, I wish there was an audio cue before nearby guards would react so you had a chance to take them out before they alerted others.
  • Too much fluff, ditch all the set pieces moments, Chapter 6 was great and was a perfect Thief mission up until
    The whole building catches on fire
    Nothing was more satisfying in the old games then quietly sneaking away after completing a mission. I didn't buy this game to play a fast paced action set piece.
  • The asscreed free climbing sections are so unnecessary and seemed shoehorned into the overall design. Unlike the rest of the game there is no choice involved for the player, it's just a matter of following the level designers path. boring. Fuck it off.
  • Apart from a few times, mainly later in the game, the missions are far too linear, I know Deus Ex was another team but surely they could have learnt from their work?
  • I was really disappointed to see the lack of Hammerites, Mechanists, Pagans or Keepers. The series has some of the most original and interesting universes and to completely ignore all that world building character seems like a massively wasted opportunity and a slap in the face to fans.

It's such a shame because underneath it all this has such potential, the core engine and mechanics are all there, there's a few moments of Thief greatness scattered throughout and when it does work, it's fantastic. Eidos or even the modding community could take that core now and do great things. Fuck it Eidos, just use what you have now and remake 1,2 and 3, then profit.

I'll also add that it feels like half the game is missing, the city itself is great but feels empty and segmented by load screens. The squeezing through crates seemed like a contrived mechanism to segment the world, I would guess to fit in memory on lower end SKUs (PS3/360) There's also not a whole lot to do in the city, the few moments you do get good side missions would have been great it they were more numerous. I'd take a city 1/5 and 5 times as dense gameplay wise any day over what it is. Whole parts of the story seem missing, like entire missions were excised.

I am a few chapters in and I am feeling this already. I bought the game at £15 but I just don't have a good reason to continue playing the game. I am playing at 1080p on 90 FOV but for some reason I am struggling with nauseousness whilst playing. As a thief I am supposed to keep close to walls and such but Garret moving super close to everything to physically interact is really making me feel crappy. I wouldn't have minded a first/third person toggle.

I also just did the first climbing bit and I was really put off, I am playing on custom difficulty and turned focus off and the hint system but its still annoying to play when I have to go through so many linear routes and mini games like climbing. The opening to that level really put me off as you got to traverse an area to get through the door. There are no other paths around the door. Level is not very thief inspired.

Moff

Same here. Playing on master with everything turned off and really enjoying this game.
Also agree about loading... how's this even possible in 2014 on brand new hardware...

do you have a SSD harddrive?
I really cant complain, loading times were always about 5 seconds

I have to completely disagree, mostly because dishonored is not a stealth game and doest not try to be. I dont know why you think it is.
do you think deus ex is a stealth game, too?

I can find things to like in Thief, and I quit Dishonored after 6 hours and never went back. So I don't think the former is a watered-down version of the latter. For all its flaws, I like and respect it more.

Metal B

I have to completely disagree, mostly because dishonored is not a stealth game and doest not try to be. I dont know why you think it is.
do you think deus ex is a stealth game, too?
Properly because everybody and anything describes it as an stealth action-adventure, since your main objective is to not track any attention to you. What do you think it is?

SJRB

Gold Member
I think Dishonored is a stealth game if you want it to be. It hands you the tools for death and destruction, but also for stealth. Blink, posession, bending time are all tools to get through an area unnoticed.

In fact, I exclusively play ghost-style when playing Dishonored: no alerts, no kills. It's a very rewarding stealth game for me because the game is at its best when you try to remain undetected. I find absolutely no joy in killing random guards or just laying waste to a level. The game presents you the choice to be a supernatural killing machine, but also hands all the options in terms of level design to silently infiltrate an area.

To be fair, I don't see many resemblances between Dishonored and Thief aside from a few minor things like snatching up loot here and there.

sertopico

Very mixed game. For the first missions I was quite happy, that the game isn't as bad as the developers made the impression. Some strange decisions and changes and inconsistent quality but still a solid game.
But they really need to fix the AI bugs that cause after loading a save file scripts to not work including guard patrol routes so guards are just standing in their position often creating situations that are impossible to sneak by and the only solution is to load an earlier save where the scripts are still running or haven't started yet. Last night I played the second last mission and had this happen 5 times in ~40min. Really lowered the enjoyment I had quite a bit. Fortunately on the missions before it only happened occasionally.

Absolutely, it's even more frustrating if you can't kill or knockout anybody. IA is really messed up, in my opinion the quicksaves trigger this bug.

I finished a few days ago on the PS4.

Okayish experience.
Loading screens became tiresome after chapter 2 and really took me out of the game.
I liked chapter 5 the most as it had the Cradle thing going for it.

Is the Bank Heist any good?

misho8723

Banned

I think Thief is more CoD of stealth games, than Dishonored (although i see Dishonored more of a Deus Ex game than a Thief like game) .. in Dishonored you could ghost all throughout the game.. but in Thief there are more than enough points in the story, where you are forced to be spotted, and you must run like an idiot from enemies.. like wtf? i'm trying to be stealthy as much as possible, and the game just says NO! - you are going to be spotted and now run trugh this horrible linear scripted sequence, because this horrible script says so.. NO! - this has nothing to do in a stealth game, especially in a Thief game.. and i was enjoiyng playing stealthy in Dishonored, even though most abilitiest and tools are useful for direct action playthrough, but it was still a joy sneak in to a building and get out unnoticed.. but no in the new Thief.. and the audio is all over the place.. like seriously, Thief games are grounded on the fantastic audio features, and the first game come out in 1998.. and a game from 2014 is so much worse on this, that's just
inexcusable.. and one more thing, when i look back at Dishonored, i remember so much from it - many great places, many great missions, but when i look back at this Thief, i only remember those horrible scripted and linear missions or the audio bugs.. don't get me wrong, the game is still good, well slightly above average, but it has way to much problems in design and gameplay from beginning to end (and that horrible script), and all of them make this game a game which i'm not going to play again.. back to the first three games

Moff

Properly because everybody and anything describes it as an stealth action-adventure, since your main objective is to not track any attention to you. What do you think it is?

its a mix like deus ex
the attraction of dishonored is exactly that its not (only) a stealth game, but that you always have different possibilites to act.

as a standalone stealth game, it would completely fail and not work (while deus ex might even work as a complete stealth game), but in dishonored you are supposed to mix your competely overpowered abilities with whatever playstyle you choose for each situation. its not supposed to be played exclusively as stealth. its hilarioud fun and honestly one of the best new franchises of the last generation. I dont see why you would compare it to thief honestly.

personally, I was even afraid they would allow different play styles in new thief, because of dishonoreds success, and I am very very glad they kept it stealth only. not because I prefer one or another but because I valuue the strenghts of each and thief is supposed to be like this.
still, dishonored is not supposed to be thief.

Public Service Announcement: Dishonored is not intended to be a hardcore stealth game. It's an immersive sim whose multiple gameplay systems affords the player freedom to approach its levels in a number of different ways that can lead to emergent behavior. The point of the game is player expression, not punishing difficulty: the game empowers your character precisely so you can act as a predator, surveying the level and choosing the approach most entertaining to you, rather than being forced to play a segment over and over again because you were detected and unable to proceed.

It's this element of freedom that has drawn comparisons to the original Thief games and Deus Ex; that Dishonored has stealth mechanics is beside the point because it's just one tool in a suite of player options. What's unfortunate and really bothers me is when players who really like hardcore stealth hear "Dishonored is like Thief" and then ding the game for falling short in an area it never tried to excel in.

What's interesting to me is that both Dishonored and the new Thief both feel true to the old Thief games, but are very different from one another. Of course superficially, they're both about infiltrating a series of levels. But the former adapted the elements of player freedom while eschewing the challenge of player disempowerment, while the latter did the reverse. And I think there's a lot of value in both--Dishonored was my 2012 GOTY, and I'm 30 hours into new Thief having only just finished Chapter 4--but I think we need better language for comparing games than "x is like y"; otherwise, we have players disappointed in games that were never supposed to provide what they were looking for. Glib CoD comparisons in particular don't serve anyone.

Moff

you know I gotta admit, I played dishonored as a stealthgame, too, the first run (because I love stealth games) but its obvious that this is not where the game shines. its really a genre mix like deus ex, the difference to deus ex being that you dont really have to unlock/upgrade abilities to be able to use different playstyles. this dislodges game play mechanics and makes the game very easy, which is why some may consider it "broken". especially with the ridicoulus strong blink ability. I dont consider it broken though, I think it works exactly as its supposed to, and its incredibly fun to do whatever you want however you want in the levels, you feel like a complete ovepowered badass avenger.
and its really not like you can just run through the levels, you are not invincible, you need to know what you do.

comparing it to COD is very short sighted, in my opinion. I dont like these games at all, they are very simple and linear, which is something I cant say for dishonored.

molnizzle

I'm usually not one to mess with difficulty settings, but this game was a miserable experience out of the box so I decided to see if I could "fix" it.

I started a new game on custom using the "Thief" difficulty as my baseline. I turned on the flowing mods:

- No focus
- Specialty arrows only
- Stealth takedowns only

I also turned off the directional movement indicator, lockpicking helper display and in-game waypoints. I left on the shiny twinkles on lootable items because I'm not a glutton for punishment, I just wanted to make the game more fun.

And boy, did I! Wow. The game is MUCH more fun like this.

Seriously, those settings should have been the "normal" difficulty in this game. It doesn't make the game harder, just a hell of a lot more fun. Full-on stealth exploration. The jumping/free-running mechanic is still wonky, but it's easier to overlook when you have to play the game in such a deliberate manner.

What's the difference between "Thief" and "Master" difficulty? I've only cleared the the first mission on my new save so it's not too late to start over. I'm not trying to make the game more frustrating and annoying, just more stealthily fun. Should I start over one last time?

Sectus

I think Thief is more CoD of stealth games, than Dishonored (although i see Dishonored more of a Deus Ex game than a Thief like game) .. in Dishonored you could ghost all throughout the game.. but in Thief there are more than enough points in the story, where you are forced to be spotted, and you must run like an idiot from enemies.. like wtf? i'm trying to be stealthy as much as possible, and the game just says NO! - you are going to be spotted and now run trugh this horrible linear scripted sequence, because this horrible script says so.. NO! - this has nothing to do in a stealth game, especially in a Thief game.. and i was enjoiyng playing stealthy in Dishonored, even though most abilitiest and tools are useful for direct action playthrough, but it was still a joy sneak in to a building and get out unnoticed.. but no in the new Thief.. and the audio is all over the place.. like seriously, Thief games are grounded on the fantastic audio features, and the first game come out in 1998.. and a game from 2014 is so much worse on this, that's just
inexcusable.. and one more thing, when i look back at Dishonored, i remember so much from it - many great places, many great missions, but when i look back at this Thief, i only remember those horrible scripted and linear missions or the audio bugs.. don't get me wrong, the game is still good, well slightly above average, but it has way to much problems in design and gameplay from beginning to end (and that horrible script), and all of them make this game a game which i'm not going to play again.. back to the first three games

I agree those linear action sequences are easily the weakest parts of the game and shouldn't be there. But to be fair, that happens how many times in the game? Twice?

I think Thief is more CoD of stealth games, than Dishonored (although i see Dishonored more of a Deus Ex game than a Thief like game) .. in Dishonored you could ghost all throughout the game.. but in Thief there are more than enough points in the story, where you are forced to be spotted, and you must run like an idiot from enemies.. like wtf? i'm trying to be stealthy as much as possible, and the game just says NO! - you are going to be spotted and now run trugh this horrible linear scripted sequence, because this horrible script says so.. NO! ...

Let's not exaggerate. There are two or three moments in the whole game there a linear scripted moment that you describe. They are... I don't know, 30 secs each? In a 15-20 hours game, so the linear scripted chases are around 0.1% of the entire game. Do the math. Yep, 0.1%, more or less.

Are we going to judge the type of game that is looking at a specific 0.1% of time played, or the other 99.9% of time??

misho8723

Banned
Let's not exaggerate. There are two or three moments in the whole game there a linear scripted moment that you describe. They are... I don't know, 30 secs each? In a 15-20 hours game, so the linear scripted chases are around 0.1% of the entire game. Do the math. Yep, 0.1%, more or less.

Are we going to judge the type of game that is looking at a specific 0.1% of time played, or the other 99.9% of time??

Ok, but there are many more problems with the new Thief.. jumping, ok i can get used to it.. rope arrows that can be only used in specific places? screw this bs.. i see so many times a place where, if it would be in the older games, i could have been able to use a rope arrow, but no in this new one.. the first games were about making my own paths to objectives - this new one is about figuring out the paths that the developers have prepared for me.. its just bad design in my book when i see a place where i can use rope arrow and there is another similar place where i could use my rope arrow, but can't because the developers have forbade me.. the story comes very often into my way, which is the more painfull because the story is completely awful.. the city is, well, how to put it - it doesn't have any character.. almost no memorable buildings and navigating in it is a pain in the ass.. too many loading screens, like, really many.. the AI is inconsistent at best.. the audio bugs are annyoing and overall the audio in this game is a big disappointment.. and my biggest problem with this game, no ONE momerable mission in the entire game.. when i look back at Dishonored, i can point out so many great moments from that game, although it too didn't had any good story, but it was never so pushed to the player and it had some interesting characters.. Dishonored was in my book a good 8 out of 10.. Thief is at best a 6.. i'm enjoying many games which are mediocre, so i don't have that many problems with playing Thief, but it could have been so much better.. DEHR showed how to make a great new entry in a older great PC series, but Thief fails in too many aspects to be in the same league as HR

Goddamnit..

For the last couple of days I've been stuck on Chapter 5 and just can't bring myself to play it. It's just too stressful.

Didn't notice the Night Warden the first time and he gave me a heart attack when out of the blue I took damage. Is the whole mission filled with jump scares?

Caode

PLATINUM!

Well I'm finally done with this, think I'll be trading it towards Infamous and Ground Zeroes next week.... it was a long grind of a platinum, especially for finders keepers, terrible trophy.

It wasn't overly tough at all just time consuming, although there was one really frustrating part in particular on custom master, when you
encounter the Thief-Taker General at the end of Chapter 7
. That was borderline infuriating to get through, such a tedious part when you're playing in that mode.

Anung

Un Rama
PLATINUM!

Well I'm finally done with this, think I'll be trading it towards Infamous and Ground Zeroes next week.... it was a long grind of a platinum, especially for finders keepers, terrible trophy.

It wasn't overly tough at all just time consuming, although there was one really frustrating part in particular on custom master, when you
encounter the Thief-Taker General at the end of Chapter 7
. That was borderline infuriating to get through, such a tedious part when you're playing in that mode.

Finders Keepers is the only one I have left and its driving me insane.

Anung

Un Rama
It's just a nightmarish bastard of a grind, poorly implemented system too, nothing whatsoever to keep track of what hidden areas you've already found.

You can pay £1.99 to get the Thief companion app that lets you know how many of the 73 secrets have been found. Bugger that though. Its more the OCD of nearly getting that 100% that is killing me. I've spent hours wandering around the main hub never mind the main missions. Might just give up. Was hoping maybe an online guide would surface.

You can pay £1.99 to get the Thief companion app that lets you know how many of the 73 secrets have been found. Bugger that though. Its more the OCD of nearly getting that 100% that is killing me. I've spent hours wandering around the main hub never mind the main missions. Might just give up. Was hoping maybe an online guide would surface.

Can't speak to its completeness as I'm still far from finishing the game, but this video claims to cover all the secret areas.

Top Bottom