• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THOR: God of Thunder |OT| of 2D Sprite-Based Dual-Screened Superiority

Zim

Decided to post in this thread since there isn't one for the console versions...

Just picked up the PS3 version at Target. $49.99 + $10 instant rebate = $39.99 :)

fernoca

The browser game is cool, wouldn't mind paying for it on Live/(lol)PSN. :p

Is 10% Super Mario Bros. (coin collecting) + 90% Mega Man (explode in bubbles if you fall into spikes/die, boss intros, visual styles).

LtvQw.png

6XcBs.png

9Opml.png

EJhgS.png

RobbieNick

I'm on the fourth world now and yea....it IS getting real monotonous now. I guess it can't be helped. Fight some ogres, walk a few feet, fight some more, repeat. It gets boring after awhile.

Luckily, the bosses are worth the wait. They tend to take up both screens!! In fact, when they appear, Thor actually gets even smaller than he already is. It's almost overkill.

Zim said:
Decided to post in this thread since there isn't one for the console versions...

Just picked up the PS3 version at Target. $49.99 + $10 instant rebate = $39.99 :)

I heard HD versions were the worst. It goes DS>Wii>360/PS3.

Sagitario

RobbieNick said:
I'm on the fourth world now and yea....it IS getting real monotonous now. I guess it can't be helped. Fight some ogres, walk a few feet, fight some more, repeat. It gets boring after awhile.

Luckily, the bosses are worth the wait. They tend to take up both screens!! In fact, when they appear, Thor actually gets even smaller than he already is. It's almost overkill.

I heard HD versions were the worst. It goes DS>Wii>360/PS3.

Is the Wii version good?

Ledsen

KevinCow said:
What the fuck is this shit.

Also somebody who has this game should make some videos.

An amazing comic book series based on Nordic mythology. Actual Thor > pansy Marvel-Thor. Sorry for the OT though, WayForward game looks awesome as always!

woodypop said:
Just picked this up for $7.50 on clearance at Target. Figure it's gotta be worth playing for that much.
Its a steal at that price. I paid 50 Aus for the game. I really enjoyed it, the sprite work and music was amazing. But the combat did get alittle repetitive at times and I found it to be a little on the short side at less the 5 hours for me to finish. Boss battles where amazing though. Sucks they couldn't of given it alittle more time to cook add some more meat to the main adventure and mix things up alittle bit more.

Picked this up at Five Below for $5 over the weekend. Well worth it if you can get it at that price. I don't know how uniform their inventory is across the country though.

A little repetetive, but the combat feels great. The bosses are awesome. Spritework and animation is really good as well.

This would make a good eShop title.

Top Bottom