• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Duncan announces birth of baby girl, Quill, named after Marvel character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://www.ksat.com/sports/nba/spur...amed-after-marvel-character-san-antonio-spurs

In a podcast Monday, former Spurs player Tim Duncan opened up about his life since retirement, including his new role as father to a newborn.

In the ‘Road Trippin’’ podcast, Duncan spoke with Richard Jefferson, Channing Frye and host Allie Clifton.

A big topic was the birth of his daughter, Quill.

“She is here,” Duncan said, when asked about preparing for his new role. “She was born about a week ago.”

Duncan said his daughter’s name, Quill, was a combination of two things he and his girlfriend appreciate.

He said Quill is a character in "Guardians of the Galaxy" but also Vanessa enjoys writing so the name also harked a quill pen.

But I would be wrong if i named my kid Solo

Bronx-Man

Banned
tiYwvhH.gif

I love Tim Duncan. Why couldn't the ping pong balls bounce Boston's way all those years ago :(

He and Reggie Miller are my all-time favorite non-Celtics. Love the way the guy played on the court and the way he handles himself off the court.

So my last name is Jones and I live in Indiana and my wife is pregnant. She said that she liked the name "Henry" as a name, and I wanted to keep it a secret, but I'm a good husband and said, "I'm all right with that, but I'm going to be calling him Indy if that is the case, because Indiana Jones's real name is Henry." That made her think twice about it.

But now, I've got her actually considering Indiana as a name for our child if it is a son lol.

Tell me I'm wrong to name my son after one of the most bad ass characters in all of film.

So my last name is Jones and I live in Indiana and my wife is pregnant. She said that she liked the name "Henry" as a name, and I wanted to keep it a secret, but I'm a good husband and said, "I'm all right with that, but I'm going to be calling him Indy if that is the case, because Indiana Jones's real name is Henry." That made her think twice about it.

But now, I've got her actually considering Indiana as a name for our child if it is a son lol.

Tell me I'm wrong to name my son after one of the most bad ass characters in all of film.

I like the nickname better than the actual name.

Dhx

Henry was better. Indiana is too on the nose. It takes it from cool to try hard. Just my personal opinion.

That and you'd be naming the kid after the dog.

That podcast is pretty great. If you get a chance, listen to it.

They talk about how Duncan, Andrei Kirilenko, and Frye were in a WoW guild together. Lots of funny moments in that particular episode.

Romez

Surprised everyone is okay with this so far.

There was a thread a while ago about someone wanting to name their son after a video game character (I think?) and everyone lost their mind on how stupid that is.

There was a thread a while ago about someone wanting to name their son after a video game character (I think?) and everyone lost their mind on how stupid that is.
Big difference between naming your daughter Quill and naming your son Gerault.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Breckin

see5harp

Channing Frye saying his WOW character's name was dookie drawers and them both saying AK's game went downhill because of WOW was hilarious.

When youre rich your child is allowed to have a "stupid" name

Who wouldn't want to name their child after everyone's favorite x-men character Quill?

latest

That podcast is pretty great. If you get a chance, listen to it.

They talk about how Duncan, Andrei Kirilenko, and Frye were in a WoW guild together. Lots of funny moments in that particular episode.

The Pop stories were AMAZING.

"What are you even doin' here, Tim? Your dumb ass is why we even HAVE these film meetings!"

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha Tim Duncan is awesome! That's so nerdy you can't help but love the man (even though I don't know the character). It doesn't hurt that he was a fantastically great player, too. Hope he's enjoying his retirement from basketball, he has earned a good nice rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom