• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Chopper

Cool. I look forward to the update.

I would love to know how many bitizens I've gone through. Sometimes I can sit for hours ploughing through bucks to move in new bitizens. I rape them for their bucks, and throw them out like nothing. This game is brutal. :/

I hate this game for turning me into a brutal slum lord.

"I DON'T CARE THAT YOU JUST MOVED IN, YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK IN MY BUSINESSES, GET OUT!"

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Lord_Nergal said:
I hate this game for turning me into a brutal slum lord.

"I DON'T CARE THAT YOU JUST MOVED IN, YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK IN MY BUSINESSES, GET OUT!"
Even better when you have the full row of high level dream jobbers in a store and there comes the poor guy with the same dream job but low skill. "Come here, have the job of your dreams for 1 second. *ka-ching* lol bye, get out of my building."

Meier

Wario64 said:
New costumes, residentials and a new business
New costumes will be nice. 50% of them are useless.. need a lot of variety for food businesses and the option to change the color of the outfits would be nice too.

I got my 499 buck elevator.. trippy using it. Up to 99 floors.. almost there!

Will download in a couple of hours if there are no bugs in it :lol

I can't access the Tiny Tower thread on Something Awful now, it was a good barometer of "is the update safe"

FerranMG

eznark said:
85 floors. I just want this to be fucking over........!

I know the feeling. I'm around 110, and I think there's something like 135 floors (before the update that's about to hit).
I can't build floors faster than 1 per day, so that means I'll still have to play at least 25 days before hitting the cap. :p

If you are not having fun anymore, you might just quit now. :/

Taking ages to load and it's a bit temperamental at the moment, but HERE'S MY TOWER!

One point for every business from a movie/game/tv show that you can identify. One bonus point for every business you can help me fill in if it's still set to the default name.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's New in Version 1.4

- New floors!
- New costumes!
- Share your tower on the web from the main menu!
- Added separate settings for sounds and music.
- Fixed bug causing a crash when viewing certain neighbors.
- Fixed a bug where Realtor VIP move-ins had the same dream job.
- Fixed a bug causing floors to paint themselves.
- Fixed a bug preventing shoes from changing color in dress up.
- Increased allowed length of custom floor names.

cant believe there's a thread for this. just got the update. I also can't believe someone up there collected 1500bucks to get an elevator. :O

*grabbed update. working fine.

that is insane that you can go to that website and see someone else tiny tower.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toythatkills said:
The gold elevator? What kind of run down operation are you running, here? =P

I don't touch the elevator and use my bucks on store upgrades. Upgrading the elevator is a complete waste of bux

cackhyena

Wario64 said:
I don't touch the elevator and use my bucks on store upgrades. Upgrading the elevator is a complete waste of bux
I don't think you'd be saying that once you used the fastest one. Shit seems ten times more tolerable now and I'm only at 40 something levels. Well worth it to me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
cackhyena said:
I don't think you'd be saying that once you used the fastest one. Shit seems ten times more tolerable now and I'm only at 40 something levels. Well worth it to me.

But why would I waste time playing the elevator game at 100+ floors? It's pretty much useless. I have all my floors upgraded with 3rd level stock take at least 2 hours and 30 minutes to restock. Whatever that quantity level is.

499/3*75 = 12475 additional stock quantities I can pump across all floors.

12475*3 + 12475*2 + 12475*1 = $74,850 additional revenue I can get without having to needlessly check into my tower

Stantron

There needs to be an option to sort by bitizens that are employed to a floor but not currently stocking anything.
Also, an ability to horizontally scroll the alert icons. I usually don't bother with food floors, so the bottom of my screen is always orange "!" icons. Or maybe just make it so that new alerts show up on the left side.

cackhyena

Wario64 said:
But why would I waste time playing the elevator game at 100+ floors? It's pretty much useless. I have all my floors upgraded with 3rd level stock take at least 2 hours and 30 minutes to restock. Whatever that quantity level is.

12475*3 + 12475*2 + 12475*1 = $74,850 additional revenue I can get without having to needlessly check into my tower
Jesus, dude. I couldn't get that intricate myself or I'd lose all interest. I suppose if you are looking at it that way, then sure.

For me it was becoming unbearably slow at around 40 levels and I said f it and saved up.

Jasoco

Banned
Can't update until I get 160,000 more coins to buy a new residential floor and hurry its construction so I can use the waiting Realty VIP on it.

Jasoco said:
Can't update until I get 160,000 more coins to buy a new residential floor and hurry its construction so I can use the waiting Realty VIP on it.
You're going to spend like 50 Bux to speed construction of a floor to save five Bux filling it? =/

Jasoco

Banned
toythatkills said:
You're going to spend like 50 Bux to speed construction of a floor to save five Bux filling it? =/
Yes. Sure. Why waste a perfectly good VIP?? lol

Actually, I didn't know an update was coming. How dare you point out flaws in my logic?

Wario64 said:

thank you so much. maybe I shouldn't worry about the elevator!

:p

Meier

I'm glad the share feature exports your shop names since you can't see them when visiting a friend's tower. I'm guessing it basically just uploads a png or something...assuming it isn't dynamically updated.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Wario64 said:

There's more than one way to play the game. You let the game play itself. I use the elevator when I have time (watching TV or doing something else). Every one of my residential floors has 4 people in it, so whenever I deliver someone there, I get 2 space bucks from a dream job. I also see plenty of VIP's, which can lead to 90,000,000+ instant gold (I upgrade the floor once every time I get a big spender) or potentially 10 space bucks if I get the residential VIP. I use the extra space bucks I earn to restock floors too.

Chopper

Eggo said:
There's more than one way to play the game. You let the game play itself. I use the elevator when I have time (watching TV or doing something else). Every one of my residential floors has 4 people in it, so whenever I deliver someone there, I get 2 space bucks from a dream job. I also see plenty of VIP's, which can lead to 90,000,000+ instant gold (I upgrade the floor once every time I get a big spender) or potentially 10 space bucks if I get the residential VIP. I use the extra space bucks I earn to restock floors too.
Woah. Which floor have you upgraded? To what level?!

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Chopper said:
Woah. Which floor have you upgraded? To what level?!
Lol, oops, I got carried away with the zeros there... Should be 90k+. I reserve the Private Eye for the big spender, but the dr's office works as well. I don't restock the floor. It's constantly waiting for the big spender, then I restock lev 3 and rush it when he arrives. Currently it's only level 4. Level 3 stock is 15,225 x 2 = 30,450 x 3 = 91,350. Only started upgrading it recently, since I couldn't decide what to do with all my extra space bucks. Once all my stores had a minimum restock time of 1 hour, I wasn't sure how to proceed.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just updated and whoa, way more costumes than I expected.

I'm at the gold elevator right now and, even though the next one does feel like a big waste at that price, I don't think I'll stop upgrading it simply because I'll probably never stop using it while I'm still checking on my tower. It's the perfect mindless choice for when I'm in a quick waiting line, watching TV, etc. It allows me to keep clicking on something and scratching that itch at moments where I can't fully concentrate on something meatier, and it's still rewarding enough (coins, VIPs, bux tipping, someone moving in with a dream job for a business you have).

There's no real challenge in this so it's pretty much "more than one way to play" like Eggo said. If I stopped messing with the elevator I feel it would kill a good part of what makes this zen garden personally work for me as a nice distraction.

OT: I introduced TT to a friend, she liked it but almost instantly started cheating by advancing the clock. I told her it's more gratifying to let the game roll normally and check once in a while but she didn't seem to care. I don't think she'll be playing for too long, lol.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Found a bug with the new update. When you change a floor name, future residents will have a dream job of the old name, not the new one. Minor annoyance.

Hige

toythatkills said:
Will download in a couple of hours if there are no bugs in it :lol

I can't access the Tiny Tower thread on Something Awful now, it was a good barometer of "is the update safe"
I was about to download the update but I stopped myself once I remembered how buggy all of the major updates have been! I miss the SA thread. :(

I'm at 133 floors. I'm getting kind of bored with it, but I'm close to the end so why stop now?

Meier said:
I'm glad the share feature exports your shop names since you can't see them when visiting a friend's tower.
I can see custom names in my friends' towers.

hirokazu

Hige said:
I was about to download the update but I stopped myself once I remembered how buggy all of the major updates have been! I miss the SA thread. :(

I'm at 133 floors. I'm getting kind of bored with it, but I'm close to the end so why stop now?

I can see custom names in my friends' towers.
You know they're just going to add more stuff when you approach the end and it'll never stop...

Hige

Rushed construction on a retail store I built after the update and got one of the new floors.

Grocery Store
Cereal (45m)
Tabloid (1h, 40m)
Produce (5h)

hirokazu said:
You know they're just going to add more stuff when you approach the end and it'll never stop...
Last update that added new floors was just under 2 months ago. I doubt they'll add more floors in the ~2 weeks it'll take me to reach the end of 1.4.

xbhaskarx said:
I'm at 89... is there a maximum number of floors or does this continue forever?
Max number of floors is now
. I'm guessing you can keep building empty floors after that, but you'll have nothing to put in them.

FerranMG

xbhaskarx said:
I'm at 89... is there a maximum number of floors or does this continue forever?

With this update, I think there's 18 floors of each type (ie, 18*5 = 90 shopping floors).
You'd need 54 residential floors to fill each shop, so that'd make a total of 144 floors.

edit: well, 145 if you take into account the lobby, which is floor 1. :p

Jasoco

Banned
FerranMG said:
With this update, I think there's 18 floors of each type (ie, 18*5 = 90 shopping floors).
You'd need 54 residential floors to fill each shop, so that'd make a total of 144 floors.

edit: well, 145 if you take into account the lobby, which is floor 1. :p
144 not counting the Mezzanine.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I think this is the first iOS game I have gotten all the achievements in.
4Lrz9td

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I had 2 dream jobbers into Karaoke last night. Bah, damn patch update.

Eggo said:
I think this is the first iOS game I have gotten all the achievements in.
4Lrz9td

Every achievement and you still only have 100 floors? Interesting.

Anyone stuck with unlaunchable game now? I've seen a few instance of it.

Also, no more iTunes music while the game is on?

Weird to get these bugs over and over again.

Top Bottom