• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

cackhyena said:
Oh, so only food places do that. I was wondering why I would restock another store fully and nothing happened. Just chalked it up to being a random thing. Good to know. I upgraded a lot early on not knowing much about the game and the food store was one of them. Maybe I should tear it down and build a new one to keep at level one.
It is random throughout all store types, not just food.

But the constant restocking means you get the chance for bonuses more often from food places.

cackhyena said:
Oh, so only food places do that. I was wondering why I would restock another store fully and nothing happened. Just chalked it up to being a random thing. Good to know. I upgraded a lot early on not knowing much about the game and the food store was one of them. Maybe I should tear it down and build a new one to keep at level one.
It's not just food places. Fully stocked seems to be "have all three items stocked above X%". I can't figure out what X is at this point...

BeeDog

AlphaTwo00 said:
It's not just food places. Fully stocked seems to be "have all three items stocked above X%". I can't figure out what X is at this point...

I'm pretty sure there's no real formula to it; I've restocked floors where one or two items are almost sold out, yet I still got a buck for it. At least I'm sure I've experienced that.

Every time you fully stock a floor you get either a bonus of a few coins, or 1 Bux. The chance of getting 1 Bux is 16.6% regardless of stock levels, etc, it's random.

cackhyena

Well that's good to know. Guess I'll still demolish that food place. I need more bucks to get a faster elevator at this point. Had to reboot my ipod a couple days ago and lost an elevator upgrade and five levels in the process. Sucks.

Chopper

I finally updated today, after filling all my floors with dream jobbers, and reaching 1900 bucks. The first thing I did was get the last elevator. It's fucking awesome! Makes it worthwhile again at 101 floors! I also unlocked all the costumes, and went on to upgrade my weak floors.

That's when I noticed a very annoying glitch. If you have, say, two items in stock and selling, only the third out of stock, item will be upgraded! This means I now have a Comedy Club that takes 35 minutes to restock LOLs and 38 to restock LMAOs. I don't think I can correct the whackness without wasting more bucks or rebuilding the affected floor. I wouldn't mind, but I did it to more than one. Ugh. I knew this upgrading system was messy.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chopper said:
I finally updated today, after filling all my floors with dream jobbers, and reaching 1900 bucks. The first thing I did was get the last elevator. It's fucking awesome! Makes it worthwhile again at 101 floors! I also unlocked all the costumes, and went on to upgrade my weak floors.

That's when I noticed a very annoying glitch. If you have, say, two items in stock and selling, only the third out of stock, item will be upgraded! This means I now have a Comedy Club that takes 35 minutes to restock LOLs and 38 to restock LMAOs. I don't think I can correct the whackness without wasting more bucks or rebuilding the affected floor. I wouldn't mind, but I did it to more than one. Ugh. I knew this upgrading system was messy.

Whaaatt? I didn't know about this. Dammit. So when's the best time to upgrade, when everything is out of stock?

I've already invested a lot in upgrading too...

Chopper

Wario64 said:
Whaaatt? I didn't know about this. Dammit. So when's the best time to upgrade, when everything is out of stock?

I've already invested a lot in upgrading too...
SHIT! IGNORE ME! I'M AN IDIOT!

Sorry man. My mind was so blown by the upgrade that I completely failed to acknowledge the increase in time. The above is correct, but it's how it should be. The fact that the increases in stock are not really proportional across products is what confused me. Sorry. Carry on.

Chopper said:
You LOLs and LMAOs have both been upgraded six levels, what's the problem?

EDIT: Haha, yeah, there is no problem =P

ToyBroker

Banned
LOVE this game. Such a nice time waster to just check up on every now and then--best iOS game I've played thus far.

add me: finalb0ss

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chopper said:
SHIT! IGNORE ME! I'M AN IDIOT!

Sorry man. My mind was so blown by the upgrade that I completely failed to acknowledge the increase in time. The above is correct, but it's how it should be. The fact that the increases in stock are not really proportional across products is what confused me. Sorry. Carry on.

So nothing to worry about? Okay

BTW gonna hit floor 100 today, yayyyyyyy

Jasoco

Banned
I'm only on floor 89 with 159 Bitizens. But I'm getting close to having enough for the elevator. Up to 478 Bux. Only 21 more to go!!!

Replicant

lnveV.png

So this guy wants to work in retail, specifically Furniture Store. But he's not even good at it and he's lousy in everything else.

Get the fuck out of my building!

SickBoy

Replicant said:
So this guy wants to work in retail, specifically Furniture Store. But he's not even good at it and he's lousy in everything else.

Get the fuck out of my building!

Think that's bad? I had a guy who was 0 0 0 0 3. Couldn't believe it. I still kept him around until his dream job restocked (I think it was architect office) so I could harvest the tower bux before turfing his ass.

"We've decided to start presenting our blueprints in crayon..."

SickBoy said:
Think that's bad? I had a guy who was 0 0 0 0 3. Couldn't believe it. I still kept him around until his dream job restocked (I think it was architect office) so I could harvest the tower bux before turfing his ass.

"But sir, that's a picture of a dog standing next to a tree."

"JUST BUILD IT GOD DAMN YOU."

I find myself strangely addicted to this game, it's not the type of app that I'm normally playing. That being said, I have a few questions.

1) I have 23 floors right now, is it worth it to save up for the 75 bux elevator?

2) I'm currently trying to get as many people in dream jobs as possible, with 26/35 residents in their dream jobs. Should I concentrate on dream jobs or try to have as many floors with 3 workers to maximize coins?

3) If I place someone in a dream job, does it matter what their skill level is? I have several people in their dream jobs with 5-7 skill levels, would it be better to have someone with a higher skill level just to reduce restock time?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Meier

I seem to have the worst luck with recreation jobs. So many non dream jobbers..got a racquetball court at floor 86 and just straight up demolished it right away since I don't have anyone who wants that job.

Save for elevators always. You don't really need to spend in anything else, in the game.

3 people in shops. All shops with 3 people, because you have to exploit the third item (give 3 coins) over anything else. Don't wait to have 3 dream jobs to fill the shop.

Skill level only give you a small discount in restock (up to 9%). Dream job give x2 in restock number without increasing the restock cost, so is like a 50% descount. So, always dream job over non-dream job.

Jasoco

Banned
Noreturn said:
Awesome new apartment for the next update

tikiapartment.png
Makes me wish theyd make the scenery animated. It's so static. They could do so much with those pixels. Like all the TVs and the arcade games and washing machines tumbling.

Thanks for the reply Hige. I'm going to try and follow your regiment.

The new elevator is so rad. I love how they made it stop on a dime. I surprise myself sometimes by how accurately I land it on floors.

Meier

I hope they bring in a LOT of new costumes.. probably half of them are kind of useless and there's a real lack of options for most food places unless you want to keep using just the "Apron." :(

I mean, seriously, what the fuck has happened???

2vxg6dt.png

I've already deleted TT, installed it again, rebooted, I don't know what else to do to fix this!

yamo

SickBoy said:

I've had at least three or four of these guys already.

IMG_0053-1.png

IMG_0052.png

cackhyena

Yeah, I've got the same thing. I deleted a food level and rebuilt. I didn't notice that at some point, the name reverted back to Sky Burger and it was an ice cream joint. I had a guy who's dream job was Sky Burger and his happiness stayed the same when I put him there. I was going nuts for a little while till I noticed the name screw up. What's going on?

Meier

So right after I destroy my racquetball and build a new recreation place I get a real estate agent..use some bux to build the residential quicker. Naturally I get *3* people with it as a dream job..lol.

Okay, so I have a bit of an odd question:

I have Tiny Tower on both my iPhone and iPad. However, I've only ever played it on my iPhone. I've also never upgraded, since I want to continue getting 3 bucks per dream job until I have all of the (original) stores.

With that said, what would happen if I were to open my iPad version? Would it recognize my GameCenter account and load the latest save or no? If so, what would happen if I played both versions within 4 hours of each other, and did stuff differently?

Most importantly, what would happen if I upgraded to a newer version on my iPad, played it, and then returned playing to the older version on my iPhone?

I need answers!!!

Sarcasm

I just got this for iPad. So far residential, food Asian, and retail setting up. Only spent one bus and have three people working at food with one item stocking (I think). Is that the right way for food? Or only one worker?

Also any tips? Do I have to leave the app running but minimized or can I turn off the iPad?

Lately this game has been screwing me over. Sometimes when a new resident moves in I see they have a certain dream job, so I go to whatever job that is and evict one of my workers if their stats aren't as good. After I evict the crappy worker, though, I'll check the resident that moved in and their dream job changes. What the fuck? I can honestly say this has happened to me 10+ times. It usually happens when I'm moving really quickly with the UI.

Has this happened to anyone on here? It's extremely annoying.

FerranMG

I'm currently sitting at around 105 floors, and been building floors for each category evenly.
I'm pretty pissed that I still haven't got the Mapple Store, so I just decided I'm gonna build the 4 remaining purple stores I have left. Hopefully I can get the damn Mapple Store by the end of the week. :p

I've also decided to upgrade more floors. Yesterday I had them all so the minimum stocking time was 15 minutes, which was nice during the holidays and so, because I got a lot of bux due to full stocking bonus. But as I've started to work again, 15 minutes is way to little, and I kept finding closed or non-productive stores, so I just spent like 150 bux upgrading floors.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
All of my stores are upgraded so the level 1 item takes 1 hour to restock at the minimum. There are three exceptions to this, three food stores in which the minimum stock time is 1 or 2 mins. Did this for the restock bonus on those three food stores. Also, every residential floor only has 4 people in it. Everyone is in their dream job, and almost all the stores are filled. Only one is not completely filled. In terms of achievements, I'm only missing 6, including the get 100 floors one. I'm at 94.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
u1Fnb.jpg

Random but there's this J. Garcia bitizen (the J is for Janet, I think) who is a girl but whenever I see her I picture Jorge Garcia, lol. The hair is similar and it doesn't help that she's currently working at the Fortune Teller store which works as a light Lost reference.

Jasoco

Banned
Sarcasm said:
I just got this for iPad. So far residential, food Asian, and retail setting up. Only spent one bus and have three people working at food with one item stocking (I think). Is that the right way for food? Or only one worker?

Also any tips? Do I have to leave the app running but minimized or can I turn off the iPad?
You can turn off, shut down, throw the iPad in the river or keep it running. It doesn't matter. It simply pre-calculates what time a process is going to finish for notifications and calculates the time between leaving the app and when you come back for other stuff. It's all pre-calculation. There is no background processing. It's all clock based. It says "Right now you have 100 items in this shop. The game is selling at 800 sales per second. So this item will sell out at this time. This one will sell out at this time. Etc..." and notifies you, or removes the item stock based on how long you are away.

xbhaskarx

What's the deal with the GAFer who has like 42 million coins and over 5 million bux? Is there some sort of glitch?

Edit: and yet he doesn't even have the best elevator!

Fuu

lfdHk.png

Feels good to see the Newman brothers fulfilling their pizza dreams together.

Also, lol:

tXsil.png

She better get used to it.

Fuu

Sorry for the DP but hmm, my tower seems to be stuck on 21 floors on Game Center which was my status yesterday (also showing 21 floors on the friends page in the in-game menu). I have 23 floors now but it's cleary syncing somehow because on my GC profile it shows that I played it today. Already tried rebooting the game, etc. Am I screwed or is this normal and it will eventually sync properly?

edit: and obviously, it decides to update not long after I post about it here. lol.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
According to Twitter, the next update has been stuck in processing on the App Store for 3 days. So it should be coming soon

Chopper

Wario64 said:
According to Twitter, the next update has been stuck in processing on the App Store for 3 days. So it should be coming soon
Any idea what's in store?

Just built my 115th floor. My 113th was finally a Private Eye! Got no-one in it at the moment... :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Been working on upgrading all of my stores to have a minimum 500(x2 if applicable) stock for the lowest item. Since I've got the infini-lift, I don't really need the bux from restocks, and meanwhile having higher stock minimizes the number of times I need to pop back during the run of a day.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chopper said:
Any idea what's in store?

Just built my 115th floor. My 113th was finally a Private Eye! Got no-one in it at the moment... :(
New costumes, residentials and a new business

Top Bottom