• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

jorgejjvr

Also guys, how do you eject up high? When I do in doom state, I just walk out. I have only ever ejected high when I have auto eject

Donos

Also guys, how do you eject up high? When I do in doom state, I just walk out. I have only ever ejected high when I have auto eject

on PS4 it's 3 times square (doomed). If on another platform, use the key/button 3 times, which you would use for embarking a titan.

Why would you just eject normaly when your titan is going to scorch the surrounding.

hadar

Messed around with the sensitivity options (went from normal to high with fine aim setting) and HORY SHEET!

I can look around to check for walls faster, I can actually jump from wall to wall to wall instead of stopping short, I'm the goddamn Silver Surfer with guns!

On the other hand, since I'm really not used to this (played destiny on 4 sensitivity, that's low), I can't aim for crap.. but oh well

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
CAR is a weapon you do actually hold down with. The only time you want to tap is at range, i rather use the word "burst" though. You want to hold it down , let it go, hold it down... like that.

Yeah, agreed. I said that earlier in the thread.

ADS is viable on CAR in certain situations like at range, or to rebalance your aim like i mentioned before. It's not a hipfire weapon only on console.

I can't say I've ever needed it, is all. What can I tells ya?

At mid range I tend to spray at long range I don't shoot at them (unless I have no other option). The TTK is too slow and if they're using Hemlock, G2, R201 etc. they'll just kill you. Better to avoid those engagements and focus on placing yourself into positions where your weapon is at its most effective.

Agree with the bolded (said the same earlier in the thread too).

SwolBro

Banned
Have to say that on some of my kills with Hemlock, i even think "hax" myself (PS4). Still not touched the Devotion but i'm not sure if it would overtake Hemlock in the "OP" department for me. Addicted to the burst...

I still play/die more often against Devotion users than Hemlock though.

What happens after the kill/xp counter on the weapon reaches 999? (probably adds a digit)

Low Profile worth it over Hover? I go for Rodeo a lot (with the grapple) but the Hover+Hemlock got me a lot off kills already.

Hemlok is by far the most OP weapon in the game but it's harder to use than the Devotion for the general population. That's why i think you see more Devotions.

Hover is useful to throw people off, i've seen some people use it really well but overall low profile is the best. I would say to use hover if you really can't shoot well in the air.

breadtruck

NE would be non practical if you could destroy the Titan during the wind up.

Why cant it be changed so a minor attacks against it aren't enough, but a significant attack by you or you and a teammate will save you from it?

You can be stopped in the middle of every other attack in my experience, why not be able to shutdown the Nuclear ejection before it reaches critical?

GG's to the guys I played with earlier. I was a bit nervous playing with you guys. I see all these cool highlights that some of you guys post up and feel like I'm just total ass compared to everybody else since I rarely have these cool experiences. I'm still average at best but I'm glad I could just get over that idea and just have fun with a bunch of people who are there for the same reason.

Rayme

Messed around with the sensitivity options (went from normal to high with fine aim setting) and HORY SHEET!

I can look around to check for walls faster, I can actually jump from wall to wall to wall instead of stopping short, I'm the goddamn Silver Surfer with guns!

On the other hand, since I'm really not used to this (played destiny on 4 sensitivity, that's low), I can't aim for crap.. but oh well

Hah, that's great. =)

As for fine aiming: try turning off the deadzone for a tiny boost to aim control.

Greddleok

Why cant it be changed so a minor attacks against it aren't enough, but a significant attack by you or you and a teammate will save you from it?

You can be stopped in the middle of every other attack in my experience, why not be able to shutdown the Nuclear ejection before it reaches critical?

Why does it need to?

There are so many ways to counter nuclear ejection, it doesn't need another one.

Donos

Don't use hover after ejection since, like you said, you easily get picked up by titans and pilots. Use it more in hectic situations where i jump from a building while fighting.

Also after the pilot Regen "low profile" is locked away till lvl 40 or 225 credits. Didn't have that but I'm close again to unlocking it with creds. Will also be my last pilot Regen as i don't see any further use for it except show of some little "G4" logo.

And wtf you can grapple pilots... didn't know that till someone "come hereeee"d me from a building.

Do i only miss it by a bit everytime or aren't bounty titans not killable by titanfall?

Greddleok

Fair enough, I just don't like the idea of ever being still.

I don't even remember what I used before low profile. That slot feels particularly pointless to me.

Donos

Would probably never use it on PC since people aim better/faster and i agree that the slot is not really full of good options. Fast Regen seems pointless since the normal Regen is already pretty fast.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe a rodeo that completes before the detonation could? That'd be cool. Big risk too.

hoyalawya

Have you also tried changing the Field of View setting?

Arrrammis

Don't use hover after ejection since, like you said, you easily get picked up by titans and pilots. Use it more in hectic situations where i jump from a building while fighting.

Also after the pilot Regen "low profile" is locked away till lvl 40 or 225 credits. Didn't have that but I'm close again to unlocking it with creds. Will also be my last pilot Regen as i don't see any further use for it except show of some little "G4" logo.

And wtf you can grapple pilots... didn't know that till someone "come hereeee"d me from a building.

Do i only miss it by a bit everytime or aren't bounty titans not killable by titanfall?

As it turns out, dropping a titan on an enemy does a set amount of damage, it's not an instant kill. I've noticed that on most bounty titans, it can take out ~80% of their health. Still a huge amount of damage and more than enough to kill player titans, but not a guaranteed one-shot kill.

SwolBro

Banned
So basically the same as DVa's ult lol.

Was it like this for Titanfall 1 as well? I never dealt with nuke ejection much in the first game much since it wasn't viable in CTF or LTS.

Since it is viable here with someone like Ronin there's a lot of people running it. Knowing this helps.

Donos

As it turns out, dropping a titan on an enemy does a set amount of damage, it's not an instant kill. I've noticed that on most bounty titans, it can take out ~80% of their health. Still a huge amount of damage and more than enough to kill player titans, but not a guaranteed one-shot kill.

all this time and i did not know about this

Myth Buster
https://youtu.be/ww8BhmDRUR8?t=1m2s

all you have to do to avoid a nuke as a pilot is get out of site. hide behind a box, a pillar, anything and you won't die no matter how close you are. ha.

Woah, good info. Although it seems that the Bounty Titans have a bit more HP than player Titans.

Discobird

Was it like this for Titanfall 1 as well? I never dealt with nuke ejection much in the first game much since it wasn't viable in CTF or LTS.

Since it is viable here with someone like Ronin there's a lot of people running it. Knowing this helps.

I thought that was common knowledge, lol. And yeah, it was like that in TF1 too, though if you played mostly LTS and CTF I can imagine you rarely saw it

Same with a Titan right? Just harder to get out of LOS.

Yep

Denzel

: Not true, it always kills 100%, even Bounty Titans. However, if it barely hits (think dome shield range) it will do a certain amount of damage. You can take advantage of this to self-damage so you can be doomed ready to Nuke.

Mikey Jr.

Just got the platinum today. The gauntlet was one of the first trophies I did before even bothering going for the rest. I thought to myself, If I can't get this fucking trophy, then whats the point of going for the rest? Waste of time.

But anyways, happy I got a plat for this game. Well deserved. Excellent game.

Maybe I missed it, but has Respawn said anything regarding balancing the meta as it relates to their new update?

I'd be pretty unimpressed if they prioritized a throw-away mode nobody asked for or wanted over tweaking broken weapons that have near unanimous scorn from their shrinking player base....

Maybe I missed it, but has Respawn said anything regarding balancing the meta as it relates to their new update?

I'd be pretty unimpressed if they prioritized a throw-away mode nobody asked for or wanted over tweaking broken weapons that have near unanimous scorn from their shrinking player base....

Server side update coming Soon™

More info on that Soon™

you'd think

anyway, just for curiosity's sake, what are the broken weapons?

Discobird

The FNN update doesn't mention it, but Respawn devs have confirmed there will be balance changes in the next patch. No details have been posted that I'm aware of.

you'd think

I can only speak to PC, but on PC the weapon balance is actually pretty good IMO. The Devotion sticks out like a sore thumb and needs a long range TTK nerf, but besides that it's more a matter of a few weapons being too weak than too strong. The Hemlok/G2 aren't oppressive at all on PC in my experience, they take a lot of skill to use well and you'll still lose most of the time to an equally skilled pilot using an SMG/shotgun/other AR at close range. You see a pretty good variety of weapons on PC.

deoee

Man I wish some of the "other" weapons werent as hard to use.

For example - The Coldwar is a cool conecpt and cool looking gun but so... not worth it :D

Greddleok

Decided to change things up today. Played a bunch of Bounty Hunt. Shit, the base level of players in BH is so much lower than that of attrition. I was MVP 16/19 games. The 3 I wasn't I came in really late. I still managed top 3 in those too.

The average score is about 600. Fucking 600. How can you be THAT bad at shooting bots?

I've also got the hang of the CAR. Definitely like it the most. I still have times when I just can't hit someone, but eh. That's the same for every weapon.

SwolBro

Banned
you'd think

its' all over this thread but i'll post it again since i hate them so much and well, fuck it:

On Console. The OP stuff
  • Tone
  • Hemlok
  • Devotion
  • G2a (the range)
  • Sentry-turret
  • A-Wall (because there's a bug making it indestructible right now)

Arrrammis

Hopping on PS4, anyone interested can join up!

its' all over this thread but i'll post it again since i hate them so much and well, fuck it:

On Console. The OP stuff
  • Tone
  • Hemlok
  • Devotion
  • G2a (the range)
  • Sentry-turret
  • A-Wall (because there's a bug making it indestructible right now)

Agreed on all of these except the G2. It's pretty bad compared to every other gun at close range, and its range is really the only redeeming factor for it. Even at close range it's a 4-shot body shot kill, meaning that the Devotion has a lower time to kill that the G2 at long range.

SwolBro

Banned
Agreed on all of these except the G2. It's pretty bad compared to every other gun at close range, and its range is really the only redeeming factor for it. Even at close range it's a 4-shot body shot kill, meaning that the Devotion has a lower time to kill that the G2 at long range.

I can agree with that but in the hands of a good player it can be a really big pain in the fucking ass in CTF. On backwater? forget it. It's the most OP gun you can use on that map. On eden all people do is sit at the end of the rail on either side and pick people off. Same goes for maps like Angel city where a player can just rooftop camp while picking people off across map with ease.

Your average player won't be effective with it though and that's why i don't expect them changing anything with it.

I don't think I've seen this posted here

trmhL4x.png

Speculation
Live Fire would be "DLC2" so the next Prime Titans would be after the upcoming patch.

Top Bottom