• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Just when I thought using Stim to air strafe after an eject to get away would bring me to safety, I get goosed, with the killcam showing I froze in mid-air shortly after the eject.

Getting massive lag spikes and or consistently bad connection has to be the biggest kick in the face for almost every single online game in existence, with only 1 or 2 exceptions.

LTTP

I just learned Pilot health is 100 compared to 200 from the original. I never bothered to think about anything other than the weapons for the lower TTK.

Another whhhhhyyy

edit: may not be that simple

HelloMeow

LTTP

I just learned Pilot health is 100 compared to 200 from the original. I never bothered to think about anything other than the weapons for the lower TTK.

Another whhhhhyyy

I think the weapon damage has been halved as well. But the TTK is lower regardless.

SwolBro

Banned
LTTP

Another whhhhhyyy

whatever it is it fucking sucks. Just add in all these:
  1. Pilot health halved
  2. Pilot regen slowed
  3. Weapons that are stronger from farther range
  4. Aiming that is easier (on console)
  5. Glowing player outlines
  6. Less strafing ability
  7. Terrible 3 lane maps
One, or two of these changes would have been enough to make the game a bit more accessible without killing what made the first different than COD but nope they go and do allllllllllll this.

whyyyyyyyyy indeed.

Did they ever cross play this game?

Sure the keyboard vs controller could be an issue.

I don't think it would, no one plays on pc lololol

Seriously though, i'd LOVE crossplay between xbox/ps4. Absolutely insane that we can't do this shit. Not blaming respawn of course, just in general it's dumb that we can't play 3rd party games across platforms.

Raide

I don't think it would, no one plays on pc lololol

Seriously though, i'd LOVE crossplay between xbox/ps4. Absolutely insane that we can't do this shit. Not blaming respawn of course, just in general it's dumb that we can't play 3rd party games across platforms.

Between ps4 and Xbox one would be great. Also interested to see how the Scorpio version performs. Mix them all together!

SwolBro

Banned
Between ps4 and Xbox one would be great. Also interested to see how the Scorpio version performs. Mix them all together!

The salt that would be incurred by the PS4 players going up against xbox players may be too much. It could cause them all to implode.

The salt that would be incurred by the PS4 players going up against xbox players may be too much. It could cause them all to implode.

This is what i'd be curious to see honestly... I have friends who bounce back and forth and swear that the competition is greater on Xbox. This has happened with Call of Duty, Destiny, and even Titanfall 2.

I think it'd be fun to see the communities matched up against each other and stats to look at and compare across the board.

Greddleok

Has anyone else noticed incorrect tallying of points on PS4?

I had enough points to give me 108, but my tally had me at 103. I even double checked the score board after the match. It's not the first time I've seen this either. Often I'll glance at the scores and see that I have more pilot kills, titan kills and a similar number of grunt kills, yet someone will have more points than me.

Izuna

Banned
This is what i'd be curious to see honestly... I have friends who bounce back and forth and swear that the competition is greater on Xbox. This has happened with Call of Duty, Destiny, and even Titanfall 2.

I think it'd be fun to see the communities matched up against each other and stats to look at and compare across the board.

It's like, WAY harder on Xbox (not enough) in EU regions at least.

~~
In a couple of hours, I can actually play again!

Buttt... I'll be playing a bunch of R1 on a dude's profile to get achievements, so I might switch to PS4 to play with GAF or smth only.

Gek54

Just ran into the regen cap at 10 even though there are gen 15 unlockables. Half the fun of playing is unlocking stuff over and over again, I don't even care about gen specific unlocks. Just let me reset my progress as many times as I want.

Bummed and losing interest fast.

SwolBro

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ZZmWD5fos

Post-change weapon damage changes tested. Wow the nerf to Volt is ridiculous.

So, what's the takeaway from this? RESPAWN, balance the game separate between console and PC, please!!! Seriously, unless Respawn is going to surprise us with cross platform play between console and pc what the fuck is the point in this?
  • Volt: Should have never been touched on console, ever. Why they insisted on nerfing it when they never nerfed it on console and yet saw no one use it is going to be one of those conspiracy mysterious we may never know about. I'm still convinced something is not right about that whole thing.
  • Flatline: is fucking crazy on console. The clip size+damage per bullet is bonkers. You can spray this gun in hipfire with practically NO AIM and outgun people. With trigger pulses and ADS from distance it can destroy better than a 201. It's completely OP on console. The only thing holding it back from being 100% AR meta is the fact that hemlok is the most OP gun in the game and G2/devotion serves a better purpose at long ranges for a-wall campers.
  • 97: is at a good place on console now while being crazy on PC. Though, i'd say it's ttk up close is a bit too quick for my taste. They should have just upped it's damage at distance like frothy said.
  • LMGs: Lstar is a viable gun now and the Spitfire is usable but i'm still confused on Respawn's philosophy for these weapon classes especially when you consider how crazy the devotion is. The LMGs should be anti-titan , anti-grunt, anti-reaper type guns. This is what their primary use should be for.
What really burns me is that we get 0 fucking explanation for any of the controversial changes.

deoee

https://www.titanfall.com/de_de/news/frontier-news-network-7/?sf52417740=1

Did we post this?

16426206_1688153277868937_7761627400225900626_n.jpg

LucidFlux

On the other hand, I'm finally getting use to the Collective Minds strike pack add on for my Dual Shock 4. At first it felt really awkward having the paddles. I had to keep reminding myself to press them over the face buttons to use Tactical and Melee. Another problem is that I kept feeling like I had to put my fingers completely around the paddles. But I realize it's fine just having the tip touch them and all I need is a slight push. It took good while(probably 5-6 hours of play time) but I think I'm finally getting use to it. Man it does feel pretty bad ass to fly around wasting guys from above and phase shift effortlessly(it felt like a strain to take my thumb off the right stick before) to counter 2 or even 3 on 1 situations.

I am absolutely in love with the CM strike pack on the DS4. I'm so glad I took the chance on it over getting a custom controller.

Raide

Map wise I would like to see some more symmetrical CTF maps. A little more built around pilots and the mobility options.

SwolBro

Banned
Well Rayme said they'll look into explaining more of the changes (don't know what exactly that means :D )
Yeah, somehow i doubt it and if they do explain stuff it won't be anything people actually want explained.

How do you decide what maps to bring back? Definitely don't have a problem with Angel City or Colony, just curious. A vote for a future map could be fun to have... (Unless you did do this and i had no idea)
Angel City and Colony were fan favorites from the last game. Big time competitive maps as well.

Map wise I would like to see some more symmetrical CTF maps. A little more built around pilots and the mobility options.

The fact that we're getting just 2 overall maps in 4/5 months is appalling.

Izuna

Banned
Is it safe to put my Xbox on top of the PS4?

also

Got my NEW cronus max, new usbs, new white PS4 controller and usb hub. <3

never been more ready -- apart from the fact that I have to download Titanfall 2 again on a shit connection ;(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Origin: Velocialume I'm also in the GAF Network.
Hit me up@@

deoee

also

never been more ready -- apart from the fact that I have to download Titanfall 2 again on a shit connection ;(

NEW USB CABLES OMG ENDGAME REACHED!!!!

Arrrammis

also

Maybe put some kind of rack between them (I have a rack previously used for cooling cookies under my PS4 on top of my PC), and if it's in an area with decent air flow, it should be fine.

Stackboy

Did they ever cross play this game?

Sure the keyboard vs controller could be an issue.

I would love crossplay between PC and other platforms. Would probably bring me back to the game.

I should check out the population numbers on PC in Australia. Pretty sure they would be very low.

deoee

I would love crossplay between PC and other platforms. Would probably bring me back to the game.

I should check out the population numbers on PC in Australia. Pretty sure they would be very low.

Yeah the pop is stuck at about 3k when I'm playing.

It's not bad cause matchmaking (if you can call it that ;D) works but some modes are meh

Izuna

Banned
Just finished watching the Frothy vid and... hearing that the EPG has no real change makes me not feel like turning the game on.

I'll wait the week (or two!) it takes for the bigger update.

Izuna

Banned
EPG was fine before :v)

Ofc. it's stupid good and I love that, but at the same time, I was hoping for it to be EVEN MORE BETTER

haha, I just feel like I should play other games until Live Fire hits (not for the mode, however)

SwolBro

Banned
Why'd Greddleok get banned? I'm thinking at any moment i'll get hit with one considering i decided to venture off into off-topic-echochamber-irony-zone like i knew i shouldn't. This place honestly should not have an off topic sub forum. Never again shall i go there.

Top Bottom