• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Vipu

Banned
16174648_1575128089182606_958002156623399193_n.jpg

Man I just went 22-4 and 18-2 in consecutive PvP games, which is unheard of for me. Who cares if my comp was weak or any other reason for how I did it. I feel so fucking good right now I'm taking the rest of the night off. Who gives a shit if happy hour is in 7 minutes, nothing is going to take away this feel right now lol. This makes up a little for the other night in which I kept going negative and even finishing with a ratio of .5 or less several times.

On the other hand, I'm finally getting use to the Collective Minds strike pack add on for my Dual Shock 4. At first it felt really awkward having the paddles. I had to keep reminding myself to press them over the face buttons to use Tactical and Melee. Another problem is that I kept feeling like I had to put my fingers completely around the paddles. But I realize it's fine just having the tip touch them and all I need is a slight push. It took good while(probably 5-6 hours of play time) but I think I'm finally getting use to it. Man it does feel pretty bad ass to fly around wasting guys from above and phase shift effortlessly(it felt like a strain to take my thumb off the right stick before) to counter 2 or even 3 on 1 situations.

Arrrammis

Ha, just finished a game of Bounty Hunt on Homestead, we lost by 200 pts despite my score of 3200. It all ended well though, wiped the enemy team at the end and I was the sole survivor :p. That kind of moment makes me wish that there were little niche achievements like there are in Overwatch. Something like "Wipe the enemy team after losing a match", "Have your entire team evacuate after a loss", or "Be the only one to evacuate after a loss". Of course, Gaffers will never get these because we never lose! Right guys?

Arttemis

Ha, just finished a game of Bounty Hunt on Homestead, we lost by 200 pts despite my score of 3200. It all ended well though, wiped the enemy team at the end and I was the sole survivor :p. That kind of moment makes me wish that there were little niche achievements like there are in Overwatch. Something like "Wipe the enemy team after losing a match", "Have your entire team evacuate after a loss", or "Be the only one to evacuate after a loss". Of course, Gaffers will never get these because we never lose! Right guys?
I don't remember exactly what it was, but Izuna showed off something (a merit, I think) where the game recognized wiping the enemy team singlehandedly during the extraction section.

Pretty cool stuff.

Greddleok

I've been stuck at home with the flu this week and trying to play Titanfall while ill is NOT a good idea.

Can't seem to hit anyone and my reaction speeds are horrendous.

Dez_

I'm a little late, but I saw on the Titanfall blog that they were going to be adding another TF1 map in the coming months, which I'm excited to be able to play again. I'm actually looking forward to giving this Live Fire mode an honest go when it comes out, even if I'm not really into elimination type games.

X-Frame

I had a lot of fun last night playing with the recently buffed weapons like the L-Star and Spitfire and R97.

I also first started using pistols instead of always taking an Anti-Titan weapon and really like the Wingman Elite. The recoil direction seems like I am firing a hand cannon in Destiny.

Greddleok

Ok, I changed my mind on the R97. It's RIDICULOUS. It's like the CAR on steroids. It's so crazy accurate, even at range when you hip fire. Plus it's got the magazine size to just spray and easily get multi-kills.

Started the Titanfall 2 campaign tonight and played an hour or so with good first impressions. I like it's presentation a lot and the weapons I used felt and sounded great. Wall running and traversing is going to take a little getting used to but fun nonetheless. I got BT powered up and so far he's a likable soul. I'll try and play a bit more tomorrow if I get time, but so far so good.

I'm getting tired of those matches where you're the only person on the team to score +80, let alone +30 in Attrition of all modes.

Stop giving me Homestead.

Edit: 5 Homestead matches in a row, buzz off, whoever made this map selection algorithm.

Discobird

Ok, I changed my mind on the R97. It's RIDICULOUS. It's like the CAR on steroids. It's so crazy accurate, even at range when you hip fire. Plus it's got the magazine size to just spray and easily get multi-kills.

Yeah, on PC it's probably better now than the Volt ever was pre-nerf. Hipfire isn't as accurate as the Volt and CAR but it's accurate enough that the ROF and large mag make up for it.

26xBBkqNav1YzuC3K.gif

There's no real reason to ever ADS it since the recoil is a lot worse in ADS (like the Alternator).

Not sure about the other platforms but I never see Amped Hardpoint with more players than PvP on PS4....ever. I guess Xbox and PC people are making up for the advantage PvP has over AH on PS4. And AH is a terrible version of Domination. Please get rid of the Amped part of the game please.

A Hardpoint is my fav mode.... so no

Damnit, I just got hit with that bug where you can't pick titans after regen. Whenever I try to pick Tone now it just backs me to the title screen with an error saying "there was a problem processing the game logic etc etc".

Apparently it was caused by skins or something in the latest patch.

There's no real reason to ever ADS it since the recoil is a lot worse in ADS (like the Alternator).

I only tried the R97 a few times pre nerf. To me it's more like a rapid fire version of the Alternator. Good if you're hip fire is on point. But if you rely on ADS at mid to long range then you're better off with the Volt and CAR. I really like the Alternator and it's my 2nd most used gun, but I hate the fact that I have to run away every time a enemy spots me from far away. My hip fire aim isn't good enough to challenge from those ranges.

A Hardpoint is my fav mode.... so no

AH encourages players to stay in one spot to win and to be at the top of the scoreboard. This goes against the nature of this game gives players access to great mobility. I've finished on top several times just by capturing and amping hard points. I got 2 kills and spent most of the match hiding in a corner.

JaMarco

Is there a way to shut off the fucking executions? All that shit does is get me killed when I meant to just melee from behind.

Arrrammis

Is there a way to shut off the fucking executions? All that shit does is get me killed when I meant to just melee from behind.

I think you have to hold the melee button to execute, so if you just tap I don't think it does the long animation. Otherwise, no I don't think there's an option to turn it off.

How are the Spitfire and L-Star after the most recent patch? I've barely played the game lately, and only played a tad with the new post-patch Spitfire, so I'm not sure I could make a judgement on the Spitfire yet.

How are the Spitfire and L-Star after the most recent patch? I've barely played the game lately, and only played a tad with the new post-patch Spitfire, so I'm not sure I could make a judgement on the Spitfire yet.

It's a viable weapon, not top tier but definitely not going to hold you back.

Greddleok

I'm getting tired of those matches where you're the only person on the team to score +80, let alone +30 in Attrition of all modes.

Stop giving me Homestead.

Edit: 5 Homestead matches in a row, buzz off, whoever made this map selection algorithm.

Yup. Fuck homestead. It's so hard to be mobile on that map, just open spaces. Have to switch to a gun with decent range.

Also the titans just hide in the corners and shoot across the map.

Fucking boring as shit.

Raide

A little Lttp but got this yesterday on xb1 and enjoying it. SP is really cool, would love to see more of it.

Only had a few matches on MP and I love it. Played a chunk of the first game, so it feels good getting back into after the tf2 beta.

Yup. Fuck homestead. It's so hard to be mobile on that map, just open spaces. Have to switch to a gun with decent range.

Also the titans just hide in the corners and shoot across the map.

Fucking boring as shit.

It's not the worst thing when going G2 and I on, but dammit, people blend into the background too much that it's hard to see.

Not to mention Homestead has some terrible spawns because how open the map is, I can respawn in a Tone or Wall Camper's line of sight and die almost immediately.

Someone explain to me why Pilot Sentries target Titans of all things, aren't the Titan Sentries supposed to do that?

Edit: Mastiff though, can't wait to never use this inconsistent garbage again after I get it to level 11.

Top Bottom