• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

I finally tried the flatline, gun seems pretty legit now. I've been using the alternator a lot and don't see why i would go back to it. hipfire seems about the same so far and the longer range is definitely nice.

Also encountered someone using the freaking l-star and out hipfiring me. Died a few times and was shocked, definitely haven't seen that happen before.

SwolBro

Banned
I finally tried the flatline, gun seems pretty legit now. I've been using the alternator a lot and don't see why i would go back to it. hipfire seems about the same so far and the longer range is definitely nice.

Also encountered someone using the freaking l-star and out hipfiring me. Died a few times and was shocked, definitely haven't seen that happen before.

if you know how to use the l-star it's pretty damn deadly. if you're using l-star+amped weapons forget about it, it will destroy you.

it's my go to fun weapon.

Greedings

I've seen a lot of LSTARs around, but it's still 90% Hemlock and Devotion. My heart drops every time I hear the triple shot of the Hemlock. I know I've not got long.

Raide

I am trying not to look online for the god weapons, so I am slowly starting at the top of each section and slowly levelling them.

Only recently unlocked the A Shield thing. Seems like an interesting tool that I have not fully figured out. It just amps shots you fire through it right? Does it work in conjunction with amped weapons.

I am trying not to look online for the god weapons, so I am slowly starting at the top of each section and slowly levelling them.

Only recently unlocked the A Shield thing. Seems like an interesting tool that I have not fully figured out. It just amps shots you fire through it right? Does it work in conjunction with amped weapons.

Does not stack with amped weapons.

Izuna

Banned
Doing Achievements for someone for R1

Played Hardpoint on the Corperate stage (Campaign)

My goodness... The AI Callouts, the far better gametype, the map, the spectres helping your point if it's controlled, the better Titan combat with Multi-tasking, the Rodeo :eek: holding 3 weapons... Spawning near your Titan... The MUSIC

A week of this is going to make it so hard to return to Titanfall 2. The original game is the sequel outside of QoL updates like sensitivity and FoV.

--

UHHH SO in the original Titanfall, it was a different button to pick up another Weapon. That's why I never had that problem before.

Doing Achievements for someone for R1

Played Hardpoint on the Corperate stage (Campaign)

My goodness... The AI Callouts, the far better gametype, the map, the spectres helping your point if it's controlled, the better Titan combat with Multi-tasking, the Rodeo :eek: holding 3 weapons... Spawning near your Titan... The MUSIC

A week of this is going to make it so hard to return to Titanfall 2. The original game is the sequel outside of QoL updates like sensitivity and FoV.

--

UHHH SO in the original Titanfall, it was a different button to pick up another Weapon. That's why I never had that problem before.

This is how i felt during the beta and still feel now, unfortunately. I still love Titanfall 2 but those who have never played the first and are only jumping in on the sequel truly missed out on one of the greatest multiplayer games of this generation.

And after reading the Final Hours of Titanfall it's pretty crazy to sit back and look at what we received. The first game was apparently a massive mess and only really came together last minute, yet turned out absolutely amazing. So now that a base was established and the team has time on their side, you'd assume a sequel would just be epic knowing that they just need to expand upon what made the first so amazing.

Instead, we get something that feels like a downgrade in comparison... what!?

Izuna

Banned
Like, I thought I'd start appreciating gameplay changes in Titanfall 2 after I got used to them/somewhat mastered them, but I really don't.

I think the simplest way to put it is...

I play as a Pilot only to get my Titan. In Titanfall 2, I don't enjoy doing so, where I love it in Titanfall 1.
When I get INTO my Titan, it's not as fun as the original.

They legit didn't care about the original fan base and tried to capture the CoD crowd. All the decisions whey made to make combat easier etc. only made more established players find less balance and the CoD crowd still blows at the game.

deoee

Like, I thought I'd start appreciating gameplay changes in Titanfall 2 after I got used to them/somewhat mastered them, but I really don't.

I think the simplest way to put it is...

I play as a Pilot only to get my Titan. In Titanfall 2, I don't enjoy doing so, where I love it in Titanfall 1.
When I get INTO my Titan, it's not as fun as the original.

They legit didn't care about the original fan base and tried to capture the CoD crowd. All the decisions whey made to make combat easier etc. only made more established players find less balance and the CoD crowd still blows at the game.

You can't blame them for doing that.

Tf1 sold like shit and they could not use the same foundation or the same would've happened.

Izuna

Banned
You can't blame them for doing that.

Tf1 sold like shit and they could not use the same foundation or the same would've happened.

It didn't, though. Titanfall 1 sold well and afaik it's still getting new sales.

Didn't it have something like 7m UUs? It's issue was mostly shipping unfinished and splitting up the base when the DLC came etc. It was also a pretty buggy game.

Changing the encounter design so much was clearly not the answer.

deoee

It didn't, though. Titanfall 1 sold well and afaik it's still getting new sales.

Didn't it have something like 7m UUs? It's issue was mostly shipping unfinished and splitting up the base when the DLC came etc. It was also a pretty buggy game.

Changing the encounter design so much was clearly not the answer.

It did so well? I didn't know.

Well I can only imagine with the release date being set in stone for longer that EA kinda planned to catch the COD crowd and told the devs to make Tf2 more like it

bigJP

wish i stuck with titanfall 1 longer. was an amazing game had it on pc but got bored after a ffew months. the lack of content really hurt. heard that the game improved significantly

Jito

Banned
wish i stuck with titanfall 1 longer. was an amazing game had it on pc but got bored after a ffew months. the lack of content really hurt. heard that the game improved significantly

I still don't understand the lack of content complaint. It launched with 15 maps, what more do you need for a multiplayer only game?

SwolBro

Banned
I still don't understand the lack of content complaint. It launched with 15 maps, what more do you need for a multiplayer only game?

i agree. launching with 15 maps and then by the end having over 20 was all i needed. now we're 4 months in with only 9 maps and a remake.

and i can't for the life of me understand why they went in the COD direction this time. did they really think it's what people wanted? it saddens me to look at my friends list and see practically 0 of the hardcore players playing this game on a regular basis. yes, that's 0, where before you could always find really good people on at all hours of the day.

Izuna

Banned
Having a fucking blast playing Titanfall 1 Campaign. Will we ever get a game like this again?

Hardpoint >>>>>>>>>>>>> Amped Hardpoint I swear

Raide

Having a fucking blast playing Titanfall 1 Campaign. Will we ever get a game like this again?

I have the feeling Amped just slows the whole mode down too much. People wait to capture, then to amp, then run off to do it again.

Also, I want more points to capture. 3 just feels not enough to keep players moving. Maybe have some outer points that are quicker to capture and amp but generate less points, mainly to push players out of the ABC line of points currently.

Izuna

Banned
PULL HARDER

yxYlUM8.gif

Jito

Banned

Hardpoint with bots was fantastic, don't understand why Respawn removed bots and turned it into a camp fest with amping.

bigJP

to be honest, i was stupid. coming from playing COD, i was expecting a million weapons and titans so was disappointed with the customization options. once i deleted the game, never really wanted to reinstall (having a data limit sucked).

SwolBro

Banned
Despite all your Tf1 praising, Tf2 still is simply amazing

Tf1 is by far the better game. I don't even want to go back to it to play a little, it'd make TF2 seem that much worse and i'll probably quit it all together. I rather not do that, i'll have nothing else to play.

And i've come full circle with the titan combat. At first i thought TF2 had shit combat, but then i thought nah it's really good, but now i'm back to saying Titanfall 1 nailed Titan combat. Titanfall 2 titan play absolutely sucks compared to the first.

And my god the no player glow <3333
fuck you Overwatch for making this a thing.

Raide

Despite all your Tf1 praising, Tf2 still is simply amazing

So far, I agree.

Would love to see them test out some more varied modes. Pilot v Pilot with restricted loadouts.

Or some variation on Rocket Arena. I love odd modes that add a hectic feel to proceedings.

Maybe a lava floor mode where pilots have to stay off the ground. Just add instant hook recharge and you're golden!

Does anyone play on PS4? I'd Love to get a GAF party going for a bit. Just reached Gen 10 today!

Congrats on the grind lol. I just reached the end a few days ago so now I'm stuck at 10.5 like a lot of others. It was a very long grind, I think I had 7 days and 20 hours clocked in.

I also had my first 200 point game(final score was 201) in Attrition ever. And ironically it was with the R-97, a gun I said before that I didn't like and it's only the 2nd match that I had ever started and finished with that gun. Thank goodness most of my teammates and my opponents sucked so that I could finally have this moment.

Izuna

Banned
Found out that you CAN still do Campaign on EU or US servers. If you play in a single session it'll go through all maps. Takes like 1h max

I recc people to do it while they still can

Izuna

Banned
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this mathmaking is such garbage seriously

Swear I was the only one getting Hardpoints. It's super obvious too when My team is the only one with Gen1s in it.

There are achievements specific to winning certain maps on certain teams, so it double sucks.

I really hope Titanfall 2 doesn't get this.

Bizazedo

Found out that you CAN still do Campaign on EU or US servers. If you play in a single session it'll go through all maps. Takes like 1h max

I recc people to do it while they still can

I did that day one of release. I saw how it was structured and was scared at some point it would not be possible.

Glad it's still doable.

Played again, extensively, first time in like a month. Tone still pisses me off.

Izuna

Banned
Just like TF2

I'd rather no SBMM then impossible every other games.

Titanfall 2's is super light. The problem with that game is the positive feedback loop is on steroids.

Note, you can Nuke two Titans in the original with Pilots in and still have 50s left to your next Titan. In Titanfall 2... You can Nuke an Auto-Titan and get a new one.

Top Bottom