• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Breakout is this garbage thing that so many have had the displeasure of playing

bawk

Maybe it's better in Titanfall 2? Who knows? Or maybe as a general idea it's just garb.

(I'm gunna proof my posts from now on I swear)

Izuna

Banned
:p

I have zero interest in the mode either way. I need an Xbone to play TF1.

Yeah, tbh I feel like making Titanfall 1 my main FPS if this update underwhelms. I had SO MUCH FUN these past two days and gifs of the sequel feel like they did when back in the Tech Test days.

Like, how often can you spot someone camping, shooting at you, and run away in Titanfall 2? Burn Card management is hectic as always, but it can inspire a shift in strategy 3 times a game.

"This time, I'll run Salvage Expert and use my Anti-Titan Weapon ~~ this time I'll use Thin the Ranks and hunt Grunts!"

Boosts never feel like that. Besides the regular "oh hey, I'm OP now" and "fuck Ticks/Sentries/etc." Burn Cards were inspiring, empowering and only downright stupid in some occasions (such as Map Hack haha). But those BS things were rare to come across and to use.

Titanfall 2's BS is in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

I think I really wanted to love Titanfall 2 but I guess it just isn't working out. It ain't the same. The sex fun isn't what it was.

Well, there's that, and the fact that 0! of my Titanfall 1 buddies are even playing it and TitanGAF is a freaking wasteland. I mean, it's amazing on PS4, but I really think that has something to do with the original not being on it. That dilemma of "why aren't I playing the original?" doesn't exist.

---

I know it's too late for Respawn to address this, but progression in Titanfall 2 sucks/sucked. I eventually got to G10, but it really was just watching a number increase. I'm not saying I want weapons etc. to be locked out again like they used to, but challenges per weapon ~ the fun af Achievements (not all mind you haha) ~ the regen requirements...

Like, playing Titanfall 1 I can still remember roughly the requirements for each Gen, so when I see an opponent rocking Gen 9 I KNOW what he's going through. Or when everyone was stuck on Gen 5 lmao. Not saying it was great, but it gave them meaning.

Titanfall 1 had so many great ideas that they oversimplified or outright scrapped instead of getting more people to appreciate and understand them.

~~

The worst part is the metaphor that is GameSager's popularity. People aren't appreciating Titanfall 2 for the same reasons the fans did of the first game. They appreciate it because it ain't as garbage and soulless as the next CoD.

I didn't need Titanfall to replace CoD. It was the first game in a long time that grabbed me.

Better than CoD means dick when I would never touch such a game's multiplayer.

tl;dr, taking a week from Titanfall 2 made me see it for what it was and I realised that I don't really like it anywhere close to the original

Arrrammis

Yeah, tbh I feel like making Titanfall 1 my main FPS if this update underwhelms. I had SO MUCH FUN these past two days and gifs of the sequel feel like they did when back in the Tech Test days.

Like, how often can you spot someone camping, shooting at you, and run away in Titanfall 2? Burn Card management is hectic as always, but it can inspire a shift in strategy 3 times a game.

"This time, I'll run Salvage Expert and use my Anti-Titan Weapon ~~ this time I'll use Thin the Ranks and hunt Grunts!"

Boosts never feel like that. Besides the regular "oh hey, I'm OP now" and "fuck Ticks/Sentries/etc." Burn Cards were imspiring, empowering and only downright stupid in some occasions (such as Map Hack haha). But those BS things were rare to come across and to use.

Titanfall 2's BS is in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

I think I really wanted to love Titanfall 2 but I guess it just isn't working out. It ain't the same. The sex fun isn't what it was.

Well, there's that, and the fact that 0! of my Titanfall 1 buddies are even playing it and TitanGAF is a freaking wasteland. I mean, it's amazing on PS4, but I really think that has something to do with the original not being on it. That dilemma of "why aren't I playing the original?" doesn't exist.

---

I know it's too late for Respawn to address this, but progression in Titanfall 2 sucks/sucked. I eventually got to G10, but it really was just watching a number increase. I'm not saying I want weapons etc. to be locked out again like they used to, but challenges per weapon ~ the fun af Achievements (not all mind you haha) ~ the regen requirements...

Like, playing Titanfall 1 I can still remember roughly the requirements for each Gen, so when I see an opponent rocking Gen 9 I KNOW what he's going through. Or when everyone was stuck on Gen 5 lmao. Now saying it was great, but it gave them meaning.

Titanfall 1 had so many great ideas that they oversimplified or outright scratched instead of getting more people to appreciate and understand them.

~~

The worst part for is the metaphor that is GameSager's popularity. People aren't appreciating Titanfall 2 for the same reasons the fans did of the first game. They appreciate it because it ain't as garbage and soulless as the next CoD.

I didn't need Titanfall to replace CoD. It was the first game in a long time that grabbed me.

Better than CoD means dick when I would never touch such a game multiplayer.

tl;dr, taking a week from Titanfall 2 made me see it for what it was and I realised that I don't really like it anywhere close to the original

I've been considering picking up TF|1 on PC, but the graphics and Origin turned me off. Do you think it's that much better than TF|2 to make up for the difference in those areas?

Izuna

Banned
At the very least, the game is beautiful aesthetically.

2515888-exped_3a.jpg

I think you'd be stuck playing Attrition and Frontier Defense, but those are arguably the two best modes so... I can't speak for Campaign. I do know what it rotates so you might join half way through, but you'll go in order (matchmaking might switch your team up but that's okay).

But like, know that it's free on Origin Access and cdkeys have really cheap keys for it.

~~

Outside of missing the slide, I feel like Titanfall 1's variety (abeit, not as much as it's younger brother) feels like depth.

I personally only have Origin for Syndicate and Titanfall 2 on my machine. I think I have it so that the client closes when the game does or something, but Google is saying that's unintentional so I dunno.

deoee

Doesn't mean we can't discuss it outside of the OT. Its the first game in the franchise, comparisons will continue to be made.

That would be neat

NO THIS IS Tf2 OT I DON'T WANT ANY OTHER GAMES

but seriously.
The people who post about Tf1 repeat the same thing on a daily basis

Jito

Banned
Can't agree with lamenting the loss of burn cards, that shit was just unbalanced.

Good riddance to most players running about with smart pistols as well.

NO THIS IS Tf2 OT I DON'T WANT ANY OTHER GAMES

but seriously.
The people who post about Tf1 repeat the same thing on a daily basis

Sure, and I understand it can be annoying. I've been trying my best to keep from doing it frequently, but sometimes it only takes the smallest things to trigger me :p

I'll continue working on it

Izuna

Banned
Titanfall reddit still both for a reason. This period in particular is full of comparisons.

Regardless, I can refrain from posting about it. It's in relation to Titanfall 2.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Marked For Death was also a really fun mode to play with a party, shame it's not around anymore along with Frontier Defense. But hey Live Fire and a new map ... yay.

HelloMeow

Can't agree with lamenting the loss of burn cards, that shit was just unbalanced.

Good riddance to most players running about with smart pistols as well.

Some cards were OP but they were a lot of fun. I think they could have been balanced and still be fun.

And now we've got amped weapons at least half the round... And a bunch of annoying crap like A-wall and turrets... I preferred dealing with OP burn cards. You knew which cards were activated and you only had to deal with them once.

dankir

So I played for the first time since early January and wasn't prompted for an update. So I'm re-installing now.

First 5 matches...

DeAndre-Jordan-Face-After-Brandon-Knight-Dunk.gif

I've forgotten how to play....

Sorry to hear other GAFers aren't in it for the long haul with TF2, but for me, it's still as awesome as day one.
Seriously, i'm not just being overly kind or optimistic. For every meh or aggravating thing i encounter with TF2, there's probably like 3-4 things that repeatedly reinforce why I love it

Yes TF1 is still a classic and will forever remain in my top 3 of MP experiences.
That being said, I already had said experience (I played it well past it's prime) and... well I've just moved on. I prefer the specialized Titans (REALLY wish they'd bring back the X0 chaingun tho), emphasis on stealing batteries, amped hardpoint, quantity of more open maps (yes, seriously, other than complex and crashsite, the maps are great), overall visual design, sound design, UI... just, fuck, everything I prefer

I've never ONCE felt like going back to TF1

Who knows, maybe Respawn can make a TF1Classic PSN download someday.... doubt it tho since it's tied up with MS, no?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've really been loving TF2, its still pretty fresh for me because I only got it a few weeks ago but I'm starting to really understand and respect a lot of the design changes from the first one.

The player population on origin is a very sad affair, but the game is fuckin' rippin.

I did redownload TF1 to see what how it feels in comparison but I think that a lot of the choices in the new game are the right ones.

Reading some of these comments in here makes me sort of glad that I never played the original Titanfall. I'm loving part 2 so much, it's easily one of my favorite games of all times. Of course it's not perfect. I share some of the same complaints many of you do as well. But I think they changed and added many things that improved on the original(from what I read). Hopefully their will be a part 3 that they can take the best parts of part 1 and 2 to make the best sequel they can.

BTW, whenever I watch videos of Titanfall 1, I feel like I'm watching a PS3/360 game that was ported to the Xbox One. Graphically Titanfall 2 looks like on a completely different level despite the original being made for a console from the current generation.

Arttemis

I think Amped Hardpoint is my favorite mode now, and it's mainly due to the scenario lending itself to Holo Pilot ability so well. It's so awesome to leave a stationary projection out in the open to draw the fire of incoming enemies, or to send a running projecting into the enemy's point, and shoot them all while distracted!

Greedings

I'm genuinely considering deleting Titanfall 2. I love the game, put over 100 hours in the multiplayer alone, but it's stopping me from playing anything else.

I load up Hitman, play one level then immediately play Titanfall for the rest of the night.

Dark Souls 3 is left practically un touched because every time I try to play, I hit a loading screen and think "Titanfall would be done by now" and quit out and start Titanfall.

There's Nioh and Nier and Zelda and Mass Effect coming out soon, all of which I am desperate to play, but fucking Titanfall takes my attention away from everything.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm genuinely considering deleting Titanfall 2. I love the game, put over 100 hours in the multiplayer alone, but it's stopping me from playing anything else.

I load up Hitman, play one level then immediately play Titanfall for the rest of the night.

Dark Souls 3 is left practically un touched because every time I try to play, I hit a loading screen and think "Titanfall would be done by now" and quit out and start Titanfall.

There's Nioh and Nier and Zelda and Mass Effect coming out soon, all of which I am desperate to play, but fucking Titanfall takes my attention away from everything.
Yeah, I try to play one match a day during happy hour, but then I get stuck and play for an hour or two. lol

Izuna

Banned
What version are yiu console players at? I reinstalled and it says 2.0.11.

You're super silly for redownloading the game bruh

there has never been a big update for this game. If you had the wrong version you'd be forced to download/not allowed to play online.

Sorry you wasted gbs ;)

Raide

The more I play, the more I enjoy. Sometimes I feel cheated by a death etc but it usually boils down to the fact the player outplayed me. A few wallrunning kills and i have to applaud them. 😄

Started playing with the E PG? I think it's that. Shoots a death orb at people. Kinda hilarious to see people pop! Not a good close quarters weapon. Like every shooter I play, I always panic close quarters.

Still not sussed out the pilot sentry, though I did get a few kills with it. Just need to learn better placement.

Greedings

I wouldn't even bother with the sentry gun. Amped weapons is just so amazing, that everything else looks like crap in comparison.

The sentries are also a scourge in my opinion. They are not a fun addition to the game. Just cheap as fuck kills.

Raide

I wouldn't even bother with the sentry gun. Amped weapons is just so amazing, that everything else looks like crap in comparison.

The sentries are also a scourge in my opinion. They are not a fun addition to the game. Just cheap as fuck kills.

That's what I worried about. I don't want to just use something for cheap kills. Really want to actually get good haha.

I like Ticks for objective stuff but Amped does seem like the go to skill.

Currently the only worth using boosts are amped weapons and battery, everything else is underwhelmed.

Also I'm starting to ditch my anti titan weapon at the beginning of a match, and pick up an R-97 from the grunts to amazing results lol.

Greedings

Currently the only worth using boosts are amped weapons and battery, everything else is underwhelmed.

Also I'm starting to ditch my anti titan weapon at the beginning of a match, and pick up an R-97 from the grunts to amazing results lol.

What are you using in the other slot?

Sorry, I meant in the primary, not anti-titan, since you're ditching the anti-titan.

I use a wide range of weapons really, pretty much everything except snipers. I currently don't have the R-97 unlocked yet (restarting on PS4 so have to save credits for more important things like low profile) so have to scavenge from grunts haha. My favorite weapons are G2, R201, all the SMGs and the Softball.

This... this thirst

...yes, I know it all too well :)

dankir

You're super silly for redownloading the game bruh

there has never been a big update for this game. If you had the wrong version you'd be forced to download/not allowed to play online.

Sorry you wasted gbs ;)

Seriously??? Goddammit.

Izuna

Banned
Found time to play a bit of Titanfall 2

quick and dirty comparisons

- Slide hopping lets you gain momentum ANYWHERE
- Sadly, fast movement gives less survivability
- One big contributor to getting killed across the map (and it feeling horrible) is the Christmas Lights outline Pilots have..
- EPG is still amazing with the glitch. Mozambique felt SUPER OP coming from Titanfall 1
- Melee hitboxes as Ronin is fucking disgusting when you compare it to anything from Titanfall 1
- Doom health not depleting + Ronin's ability to Guard/Dash etc. is part of why fighting him as a Pilot is super difficult. It's basically an Arc Cannon that OHKOs without needing to be charge

and finally, no matter how high I place I never feel quite "as good". It's a shame that things like Goosing etc. are easier because in Titanfall 1 there are many good plays I fail and try to do better each game, whereas in Titanfall 2 it feels like failiing a good play is simply dying to someone else.

I think that's why Titanfall 2 leads to more frustration per game. Not being killed by other players is more important in the sense of what you should and shouldn't do so the focus is on not dying. So whenever something kills you that feels BS (Ion's hitscan laser vs. pilots feels very BS coming from the first game for example) it leads to a less enjoyable experience.

So I realise that Titanfall 2 really is harmed by Titanfall 1. It's probably amazing af if you haven't played the first.

~~

I really miss Runoff, Ryse, heck, even Haven. I do wonder if they'll fix Attrition and make Pilots better against Titans in future updates.

I also really felt it when no one had a Titan 3 minutes into an Attrition match ;(
In Titanfall 1, I think your first timer is just above 2 minutes and ANYTHING you do reduces that timer.

Does the timer go quicker in Titanfall 2 as the game continues? It feels like it. Like, when Reapers spawn the build increases faster...

Greedings

I just tried playing DOOM. WHAT THE FUCK it controls like absolute SHIT in comparison to Titanfall. The aiming is unusable. I'd been keeping it on my HDD thinking I'd go back to it, but after Titanfall it's unplayable.

Found time to play a bit of Titanfall 2

quick and dirty comparisons

- Slide hopping lets you gain momentum ANYWHERE
- Sadly, fast movement gives less survivability
- One big contributor to getting killed across the map (and it feeling horrible) is the Christmas Lights outline Pilots have..
- EPG is still amazing with the glitch. Mozambique felt SUPER OP coming from Titanfall 1
- Melee hitboxes as Ronin is fucking disgusting when you compare it to anything from Titanfall 1
- Doom health not depleting + Ronin's ability to Guard/Dash etc. is part of why fighting him as a Pilot is super difficult. It's basically an Arc Cannon that OHKOs without needing to be charge

I'd say the average player doesn't notice any of those, except for the outlines.

Izuna

Banned
I just tried playing DOOM. WHAT THE FUCK it controls like absolute SHIT in comparison to Titanfall. The aiming is unusable. I'd been keeping it on my HDD thinking I'd go back to it, but after Titanfall it's unplayable.

Turn off the Acceleration.

Doom has some of the best controls ever for Console.

I'd say the average player doesn't notice any of those, except for the outlines.

The average player is certainly getting killed a shit more without knowing what to do in Titanfall 2. Like, in my Titanfall 1 play I only managed to get ~70% winrate (I also know it's to do with the aggressive SBMM I hate but)... it's also a much harder game even though it's full of Gen 1s.

I honestly feel like they balanced Boosts and weapons for Bounty Hunt
They made the maps work for Pilots vs. Pilots
and everyone is playing a shoehorned version of Attrition

That's my theory on why balance suffered.

I'll wait for the client update.

Greedings

Turn off the Acceleration.

Doom has some of the best controls ever for Console.

The average player is certainly getting killed a shit more without knowing what to do in Titanfall 2. Like, in my Titanfall 1 play I only managed to get ~70% winrate (I also know it's to do with the aggressive SBMM I hate but)... it's also a much harder game even though it's full of Gen 1s.

I honestly feel like they balanced Boosts and weapons for Bounty Hunt
They made the maps work for Pilots vs. Pilots
and everyone is playing a shoehorned version of Attrition

That's my theory on why balance suffered.

I'll wait for the client update.

I will try that! Thanks! Maybe it'll fix it.

Yeah, I agree, there are a lot of random (or seemingly random) deaths in TF2. Ronin's melee is an absolute joke, you can swing your sword and kill people hiding behind walls, without taking into account lag.

I like bounty hunt, but it's much harder to carry than attrition. If you team feeds, or has no idea what they're doing, you can get 3000 points individually and still lose.

I've noticed that the PS4 player base has gotten better, or maybe I've just been matching up with better people recently. I normally get 150-200pts in attrition, with everyone else around 20-90. This whole week, that kind of score was rare. Most of the time the games have had everyone on both teams with similar scores. It's crazy. Then again, I've been working crazy recently, and my reaction times aren't good when I'm super tired. TF|2 requires good reactions.

There's still the issue of the scores being counted incorrectly. I had the same number of kills and grunt kills as someone on my team, but I only had 1 titan kill and he had 5, yet I came out with more points than him. Don't get what's happening there.

I don't like Mozambique. I find that it's shots lag, or that it has poor hit detection. I've often shot someone twice, and only one hit registers. I'll turn because I assumed I killed them (two shots always should) and then they're still alive. Or we are running at each other, I'll shoot twice, but only one counts, so I die.

Oh finally, I've noticed how important grouping up is. Teams that have 2 or more players from the same network, communicating, absolutely dominate. They say in groups of 2 as titans, and they call out where the enemy players are. I'm no where near good enough to contend with 2 players who are decent and communicating.

Top Bottom