• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Tbf I only use the Mozambique because EPG in it's current form is the best Anti-Titan weapon and is honestly a little disgusting. Still, I hope they don't change it.

I love using the CAR in Titanfall 1 but SMGs in Titanfall 2 just feel like the hip-fire TTK is far too strong. etc.

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
Found time to play a bit of Titanfall 2

quick and dirty comparisons

- Slide hopping lets you gain momentum ANYWHERE
- Sadly, fast movement gives less survivability
- One big contributor to getting killed across the map (and it feeling horrible) is the Christmas Lights outline Pilots have..
- EPG is still amazing with the glitch. Mozambique felt SUPER OP coming from Titanfall 1
- Melee hitboxes as Ronin is fucking disgusting when you compare it to anything from Titanfall 1
- Doom health not depleting + Ronin's ability to Guard/Dash etc. is part of why fighting him as a Pilot is super difficult. It's basically an Arc Cannon that OHKOs without needing to be charge

and finally, no matter how high I place I never feel quite "as good". It's a shame that things like Goosing etc. are easier because in Titanfall 1 there are many good plays I fail and try to do better each game, whereas in Titanfall 2 it feels like failiing a good play is simply dying to someone else.

I think that's why Titanfall 2 leads to more frustration per game. Not being killed by other players is more important in the sense of what you should and shouldn't do so the focus is on not dying. So whenever something kills you that feels BS (Ion's hitscan laser vs. pilots feels very BS coming from the first game for example) it leads to a less enjoyable experience.

So I realise that Titanfall 2 really is harmed by Titanfall 1. It's probably amazing af if you haven't played the first.

~~

I really miss Runoff, Ryse, heck, even Haven. I do wonder if they'll fix Attrition and make Pilots better against Titans in future updates.

I also really felt it when no one had a Titan 3 minutes into an Attrition match ;(
In Titanfall 1, I think your first timer is just above 2 minutes and ANYTHING you do reduces that timer.

Does the timer go quicker in Titanfall 2 as the game continues? It feels like it. Like, when Reapers spawn the build increases faster...

fast movement does make a huge difference to survivability...i have escaped pilots and titans using the hook/slide jump boost..

Raide

Would love to see a Capture the Titan mode. Teams start at either end, a random titan drops into the middle. Race to capture it. If it is downed, another drops in shortly afterwards. Could either be points gained for staying in the Titan longer or titans downed. Could force the teams to work together and attack defend.

Izuna

Banned
fast movement does make a huge difference to survivability...i have escaped pilots and titans using the hook/slide jump boost..

Far less than you could in the original.

The Glow/Auto-aim/Weapon stats really make it that going super fast, bunnyhopping in a fast lane towards a Pilot is a silly idea.

Like, you know how Phase Shift can let you spot an enemy shooting at you or something and get away safely? In Titanfall 1, you could get those sort of results just by a simple wall run etc.

I think this change could have been done so that lower level players are actually able to kill people in Titanfall 1 a lot of people would barely make it out with 3 or so Pilot Kills) ~~ but at the same time, it just makes the better players have an easier time.

~~~

How I got my Xbox mic working with Cronus Max on PS4

zPXmoiZ.jpg

haha

Wired 3.5 Headset > Female 3.5mm to Male Headset Splitter > Headset to USB

You get Titans faster in Tf1 because you get timer reduction by HITTING everything, not having to kill them, this applies to pilots, titans and AIs.

Izuna

Banned
You get Titans faster in Tf1 because you get timer reduction by HITTING everything, not having to kill them, this applies to pilots, titans and AIs.

I think it's like -30seconds per Pilot

But actually, I'm sure that's the case in Titanfall 2 as well. You get Build% for hitting Pilots and Titans, just not AI (but then again, AI dies super fast anyway).

It's just skewed for killstreaking/getting combos with Pilots kills. So typically in Attrition the Titan drops FAR too late. First to fall is stupidly overpowered anyway.

It really feels like Attrition isn't done properly. Bounty Hunt makes far more sense balance wise.

I think it's like -30seconds per Pilot

But actually, I'm sure that's the case in Titanfall 2 as well. You get Build% for hitting Pilots and Titans, just not AI (but then again, AI dies super fast anyway).

It's just skewed for killstreaking/getting combos with Pilots kills. So typically in Attrition the Titan drops FAR too late. First to fall is stupidly overpowered anyway.

It really feels like Attrition isn't done properly. Bounty Hunt makes far more sense balance wise.

One another factor is dying in the process doesn't set you back in Tf1.

Izuna

Banned
One another factor is dying in the process doesn't set you back in Tf1.

That doesn't actually happen in Titanfall 2. You lose your combo, sure, but that combo (if you don't die) makes it super fast to get a Titan if you're killing Pilots. I think 4 or something really quickly gets you like 80-90%?

It's like using the Most Wanted Burn Card.

If you're dying in between those kills or waiting a bit, then it does take longer (tbh, the average player ain't getting 5 to 6 kills hardly dying in 3 minutes anyways).

Minions need to be more plentiful or adjusted so that you can actually get to a drop ship and 'nade three of them or something.

First to Fall isn't even the thing since it's horribly unbalanced, more people should just have Titans sooner.

~~

I have to double check, but I'm sure the passive Build% rate increases later on in the game.

Arrrammis

That doesn't actually happen in Titanfall 2. You lose your combo, sure, but that combo (if you don't die) makes it super fast to get a Titan if you're killing Pilots. I think 4 or something really quickly gets you like 80-90%?

It's like using the Most Wanted Burn Card.

If you're dying in between those kills or waiting a bit, then it does take longer (tbh, the average player ain't getting 5 to 6 kills hardly dying in 3 minutes anyways).

Minions need to be more plentiful or adjusted so that you can actually get to a drop ship and 'nade three of them or something.

First to Fall isn't even the thing since it's horribly unbalanced, more people should just have Titans sooner.

~~

I have to double check, but I'm sure the passive Build% rate increases later on in the game.

It certainly feels like the build rate increases faster. Even if I'm not attacking titans, late game I feel like I can get a titan in something like half of the time it takes at the start of the match.

Greedings

Just had a couple of awesome games. Flying around picking people off left and right.

Ronin was just dancing around legions and barely taking damage. Just great.

Also the acceleration was the issue in DOOM. Completely fixed it.

Volt nerf, whatever it was, doesn't feel like much. It's still useable.

Leaving the Hemlok and Devotion untouched is ridiculous.

Population numbers are continuing to crumble under the weight of the broken meta.

Gator86

Population numbers are continuing to crumble under the weight of the broken meta.

Aside from mechanic changes (map hack, cloak) most Respawn tweaks are barely noticeable. I wouldn't expect the balance changes to be much as all. And yeah, Respawn should patch their game. It's pretty stale right now. I wonder if they plan to add anything worthwhile to the game itself like more weapons, skills, or titan kit. The last kits they added changed up the flow a lot, for me at least, and I'd love to see some actual diversity as opposed to 100% of people using low profile and nuke.

Usable yes but against other high powered weapons it is very apparent that it is underpowered now, you'd be outgunned from every range unless you never miss.

grendelrt

Aside from mechanic changes (map hack, cloak) most Respawn tweaks are barely noticeable. I wouldn't expect the balance changes to be much as all. And yeah, Respawn should patch their game. It's pretty stale right now. I wonder if they plan to add anything worthwhile to the game itself like more weapons, skills, or titan kit. The last kits they added changed up the flow a lot, for me at least, and I'd love to see some actual diversity as opposed to 100% of people using low profile and nuke.

The firs thing they should have fixed is how the matches are selected to fix only one game mode being viable. They showed that gif like a month ago...

Usable yes but against other high powered weapons it is very apparent that it is underpowered now, you'd be outgunned from every range unless you never miss.

I feel like its less versatile for sure. Its ideal range seems to fit in right between the CAR and the R201. And I still feel like it has far and away the most consistently accurate hip-fire in the game, which I really like since I like to fire mid jump or wall run a lot.

Id prefer more damage, but in practice I still find the accuracy more comfortable than the damage advantage of the CAR and the range advantage of the R201.

Im experimenting with the R97 for shits and giggles over the last 25 levels of gen10 and holy shit I hate this gun. I feel like I have to be in melee range for the retucule to have ANY relation to where the bullets go.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Saw this in town today and picked one up

jgg6ReC.jpg

I think I'll grab the others at some point. Would be neat if they do one for Scorch.

I have BT which is my only Funko since I don't have to deal with the shitty Funko eyes

but if they put out ones for the default mp mechs, I'd buy all those. Especially Legion and Scorch.

According to Frothy's notes, the Volt pre nerf did 32 damage at close range and 17 at far range. Now it's 23 and 14 at close and far range. It went from a 4 hit kill at close range that could easily be 3 if the opponent was slightly hurt and a guaranteed 6 at long range. Now it's 5 hits at close range(4 if enemy is slightly hurt) and 8 at long range(7 if opponent is slightly hurt)

Sure it works but the nerf hurts too much. If you and your opponent start shooting and hitting each other at the same time then I think the Volt loses every single fight in close and long range against all the other SMG's. If you need to ADS then the CAR is just as good as the Volt in that regard while doing more damage. Then you can even throw the 201 and Flatline in the mix. Both have respectable hip fire at close ranges while having better ADS at long ranges for players that need that.

I really liked the Volt but I think the nerf was too much. At least make it something like 25 at close range and 16 at far range so that it's barely a 4 hit kill at close range and 7 at far(6 if enemy is slightly hurt).

I feel like its less versatile for sure. Its ideal range seems to fit in right between the CAR and the R201. And I still feel like it has far and away the most consistently accurate hip-fire in the game, which I really like since I like to fire mid jump or wall run a lot.

Id prefer more damage, but in practice I still find the accuracy more comfortable than the damage advantage of the CAR and the range advantage of the R201.

Im experimenting with the R97 for shits and giggles over the last 25 levels of gen10 and holy shit I hate this gun. I feel like I have to be in melee range for the retucule to have ANY relation to where the bullets go.

Accuracy of the Volt means nothing if it can't dump out enough damage against anyone.

For R97 I don't "aim" at all, I just point and hold the trigger. I mean there is even not a center dot to aim at lol.

Ugh can't slidehop tonight at all, my thumbs are completely off.

Accuracy of the Volt means nothing if it can't dump out enough damage against anyone.

For R97 I don't "aim" at all, I just point and hold the trigger. I mean there is even not a center dot to aim at lol.

Ugh can't slidehop tonight at all, my thumbs are completely off.

I mean the opposite is true. All the damage in the world doesnt matter if you cant get the bullets to hit.

I do agree that the intersection point petween those extremes doesnt favor the volt particularly well. But honestly, at this point, if I run into players too good to use the volt effectively against, I just switch straight to thr Hemlock, which still murders everything.

As far as the R97, I dont bother using ADS either, but it still feels useless to me beyond any range where I wouldnt be better off meleeing anyway.

I have BT which is my only Funko since I don't have to deal with the shitty Funko eyes

but if they put out ones for the default mp mechs, I'd buy all those. Especially Legion and Scorch.

Yeah I agree in regards to the eyes. I don't like Funko's stylisation generally. Although I think they work on some characters better than others. I also have the Winston one from Overwatch, which I think looks neat, and I want to get D.VA also.

I'll pick up all the Titanfall ones in time.

Izuna

Banned
LFG Titanfall 1 ;)

~~

actually, it's amazing how many are still playing this.

I wonder when Respawn will get the update through cert

Whoever said that Amped Hardpoint is their favorite mode because it makes Holo pilot worth using, thank you. I played AH for the first time in probably a month or so and went with Holo pilot because it made sense after reading it. I played 3 games and was MVP 3 times. I baited many kills in situations where I probably would have died and prevented me from amping the point I was at.

From now on I think I will only play AH with Holo pilot with the Eva or Alternator depending on the map. It's funny because I didn't like the mode or tactical, but put them together and the combo is fun for me. I must admit it wasn't hard getting MVP when I didn't focus on kills or stay in my Titan much. One time I called it just to let it roam around and be a distraction to pilots while I continued going after hard points.

Whoever said that Amped Hardpoint is their favorite mode because it makes Holo pilot worth using, thank you. I played AH for the first time in probably a month or so and went with Holo pilot because it made sense after reading it. I played 3 games and was MVP 3 times. I baited many kills in situations where I probably would have died and prevented me from amping the point I was at.

From now on I think I will only play AH with Holo pilot with the Eva or Alternator depending on the map. It's funny because I didn't like the mode or tactical, but put them together and the combo is fun for me. I must admit it wasn't hard to getting MVP when I didn't focus on kills or stay in my Titan much. One time I called it just to let it roam around and be a distraction to pilots while I continued going after hard points.

Nah phase shift is still too good to pass.

The lack of (proper) matchmaking in this game has properly screwed it. People leave because they consistently get put in lopsided matches which is never fun.

I for one am tired of getting matched against groups as a solo queuer.

Anybody else ever decide to sacrifice themselves for the rest of the team during the mini game in a lost? Lately if I see an opportunity to delay the enemy so that my teammates can get on the ship and get out of here then I'll do that.

One time was during Crash Site when the escape area was in the middle of where each team always starts(in Attrition at least). Two titans were trying to come through that section where the bottom team starts and I stayed there to block them until I had to nuke eject to make them back off. I didn't make it on the ship and got killed right before the end. The other was in Complex where I again blocked two Titans from getting through the closest tunnel. Except I made it out with the rest of the team this time.

If I don't think it's necessary then I'm heading straight for the ship. I'm only doing this when I know the other team is stacked with Titans and the map has a choke point for me to block. Not a big deal in the end but it actually makes me feel good to look out for the other guys and make sure they get out of there alive lol.

grendelrt

The lack of (proper) matchmaking in this game has properly screwed it. People leave because they consistently get put in lopsided matches which is never fun.

Yeah, it's pretty bad and it gets compounded when people start quitting a couple min into the match. I won a match 475 to like 86 yesterday and for the people who stayed we let them board the ship cause we know it sucked :/

Naar

I hope in the next update Respawn adds a few more new maps other than Crash Site.

Releasing this game with only 1 map :\ what were they thinking :\

Anybody else ever decide to sacrifice themselves for the rest of the team during the mini game in a lost? Lately if I see an opportunity to delay the enemy so that my teammates can get on the ship and get out of here then I'll do that.

One time was during Crash Site when the escape area was in the middle of where each team always starts(in Attrition at least). Two titans were trying to come through that section where the bottom team starts and I stayed there to block them until I had to nuke eject to make them back off. I didn't make it on the ship and got killed right before the end. The other was in Complex where I again blocked two Titans from getting through the closest tunnel. Except I made it out with the rest of the team this time.

If I don't think it's necessary then I'm heading straight for the ship. I'm only doing this when I know the other team is stacked with Titans and the map has a choke point for me to block. Not a big deal in the end but it actually makes me feel good to look out for the other guys and make sure they get out of there alive lol.

Sometimes there are ways to both cover your teams escape, and make it out yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1_3emxdgns

Izuna

Banned

So long as they don't do what they did in the original, which was mixing up the groups to try and rebalance based on match performance, we good.

Also, I'm pretty sure SBMM is in this. Playing on a new profile and you end up with super terrible players. It's the playercount messing it up.

Arttemis

From now on I think I will only play AH with Holo pilot with the Eva or Alternator depending on the map. It's funny because I didn't like the mode or tactical, but put them together and the combo is fun for me. I must admit it wasn't hard getting MVP when I didn't focus on kills or stay in my Titan much. One time I called it just to let it roam around and be a distraction to pilots while I continued going after hard points.

That was me, and I absolutely love it! It's fantastic for offense and defense, and most of the time, I have my enhanced AI Titan roaming for distraction while I deal with the hardpoints.

Raide

Sometimes I am great with Amped Hardpoint, other times I get ruined.

Still playing with loadouts but things are coming together slowly. I am 100% a mixed bag 😄

Respawn really needs to lock players that haven't completed the training course in the first level of campaign out of multiplayer.

Or, if a new player hits multiplayer, push them straight to the training course.

I just played a game with a teammate who was there the entire match and scored 2 points. Two. Points.

He wasn't idle.

I'm sorry, but if the best you can do is kill two AIs DESIGNED to be cannon fodder, then you don't have the requisite skills to contribute or even enjoy the game.

It's not some huge ask that players demonstrate the basic understanding of the mechanics in a training mode before releasing them into the population.

Need some help from PC players here. I can't get the single player to save at all. No matter how far I get into the second mission, the game never saves upon closing and re-entering the application. There's no option to load a save from the main menu either.

I've completely reinstalled the game fresh and the same problem occurs. My Documents is held on the C drive, and savegames folder is there under Respawn.

A quick Google doesn't give any clear solid solutions outside of manually creating the folders, which are already there on my HDD. Has anyone else experienced this?

Only wanted to play for 4 or so levels to regen, and lost every single one because holy hell, stop giving me Overwatch levels of horrible teammates; not even done with the grind and yet weekend players are driving me up the wall.

Top Bottom