• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I just got an update with the variable res option and OMG it's so smoooooooth. Didn't even notice the resolution changes, but the bump to framerate is undeniable.

Also switched my kit around a bit; trying out Legion, Sonar-Knife, and the Alternator in place of Tone, Stealth, and the R201. Had a solid first outing with them, though I gotta get used to dialing in headshots with the Alternator. Gun is BEASTLY at short ranges. Think I might stick with Tone or switch to Ion, though. I'm sure Legion is a monster, but it's not much fun to play, imo.

Toa TAK

Banned
The patch fixed my achievement bug.

cGQx2Gt.png

Glad that's out of the way. :)
Tips for the gauntlet run?

Shawsie64

Banned
I just got an update with the variable res option and OMG it's so smoooooooth. Didn't even notice the resolution changes, but the bump to framerate is undeniable.

Also switched my kit around a bit; trying out Legion, Sonar-Knife, and the Alternator in place of Tone, Stealth, and the R201. Had a solid first outing with them, though I gotta get used to dialing in headshots with the Alternator. Gun is BEASTLY at short ranges. Think I might stick with Tone or switch to Ion, though. I'm sure Legion is a monster, but it's not much fun to play, imo.

I'm tempted to upgrade my GPU in my little HTPC to give the variable res a go!

Gator86

I'm enjoying the MP but have a few pet peeves

Titans just don't feel as epic as they did in the first. The rate of turnover for a Titan is so small now that they don't feel like a power up anymore.

Attrition games are never won by a team hitting the target score. I've had one game in 13+ end with one team getting 500 points, every other game just ran out of time.

I hate that perks don't reset when you respawn. Having them cool down after you've respawned it a poor choice, in my opinion

Depends on your mode I'd say. In a game of Attrition, once I get a Titan I'm usually in it for the rest of the game unless I fuck up badly. Also depends a lot on your playstyle. I usually play pretty conservatively.

I like how skills don't reset upon death. It definitely cuts down on the ability spam. Otherwise you'd get have too many grenades and skills flying all over the place.

SwolBro

Banned
One thing I've noticed quite alot is people aren't playing this like it should be, I've seen so many just sticking the ground and playing it like a typical fps. Get flying boyz.

Being vertical and mobile is far less important in this game than the original. Maybe on PC it's different but on console people on the ground can have a lot of success.

They really fucked strafing in this. This is probably my number 1 complaint. I was absolutely thrilled with Titanfall 1 strafing. Simply jumping right and cutting left could throw someone completely off or you could just strafe too death and they'd miss every shot. Add in the amazing stim and you could have actual GUN FIGHTS.

this isn't much the case here. The only way you're getting a gun fight out of this game is if someone flat out fucks up and misses the bulk of their first shots. Stim aint saving you, strafe dodging aint saving you, jumping aint saving you. No fun. Taking a 1 burst hemlock to the head from miles away is also no fun, i don't have much fun doing it to other people either.

This isn't all respawns fault. People bitched and bitched and bitched that there were no gun varieties in Tf1. Now we have these insane distance weapons with no real shortcomings up close because you can equip and absurd shotgun pistol lol.

sigh... this needs some fucking tweaks. NOW.

Tips for the gauntlet run?

Figure out the exact spots you need to throw arc grenades to get rid of the two groups of three pilots. Use a shotgun to hipfire smite enemies at any range; the targets have the minimum possible health, so even being poked kills them.

keenerz

For me Tone is the way to go. I've tried Legion, too many shots needed to take someone down. The sonar ability is really good for when you gotta cash the bank to see enemies.

Menitta

I really like the changes to the smart pistol. Instead of it being a regular weapon, it's now much better than before and a killstreak.

Also I'm getting much better with Scorch.

Gorillaz

wow the coliseum playlist has some real potential

I feel like they were just fucking around one day when they were bored or whatever and came up with this

Had to take Titanfall 2 back to Redbox. Really sad about that. I had an absolute blast playing it. Once I get my PS4 Pro I'm buying the game for sure. It's been a while since I found a game that gave me an itch to play.

Toa TAK

Banned
Figure out the exact spots you need to throw arc grenades to get rid of the two groups of three pilots. Use a shotgun to hipfire smite enemies at any range; the targets have the minimum possible health, so even being poked kills them.
Thanks.

It always looks so easy.

KodaRuss

For me Tone is the way to go. I've tried Legion, too many shots needed to take someone down. The sonar ability is really good for when you gotta cash the bank to see enemies.

Ya Tone is a badass. She is my go to but I am going to try some others now.

You gotta have a pilot v pilot mode, even BF realized you had to serve all masters and have a smaller scale no vehicle mode. BH feels more realized at this point then attrition currently. It's an easy pick if I had to pick one to get rid of right now.

I think we've seen twice now that attempting to "serve all masters" doesn't do much for Titanfall. I think doubling down on what makes this game unique and carving their own niche in the in the shooter market would be a better strategy. This game is infinitely more interesting when you have that interplay of Players and Titans (and AI imo), and is what ultimately sets Titanfall apart now that CoD is trying (and failing) to ape the parkour movement style. Both Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege show that there's room for shooters doing their own thing with uncompromising focus.

Just for the sake of game identity I'm not a fan of a large number of playlists in general. CoD can do it because it's one of the market leaders- which means a huge number of players- and has no real gameplay gimmicks or identity outside of TDM (which is fine), but in games like Battlefield and Titanfall, the modes where the major draws are removed feel like such weaker experiences to me. Pointless, even. I know there are different views on this though, and that's ok.

SwolBro

Banned
Let's put this in perspective for Respawn

You have

• [*]Tone's sonar: teammates can all see it

[*]Pulse Blade: teammates can all see it

[*]Map hack: teammates can all see it

Each team usually has 2 or more tones. Each team usually has 1 or more map hack users, and each time will have at least 1 pulse blade user.

Think ahout that for one fucking second Respawn.

pompidu

Let's put this in perspective for Respawn

You have

• [*]Tone's sonar: teammates can all see it

[*]Pulse Blade: teammates can all see it

[*]Map hack: teammates can all see it

Each team usually has 2 or more tones. Each team usually has 1 or more map hack users, and each time will have at least 1 pulse blade user.

Think ahout that for one fucking second Respawn.

They read this thread. I'm sure they hear the complaints. I'm positive something will be done. Now crash site and complex... Yeah

Loved this game the first couple of days but the last couple I am starting to see problems.

They have said the TTK is the same but the guns and the more accurate hit detection or something definitely makes you die quicker, there is no doubt in my mind. What it causes in CTF is people just camping rooftops and just waiting for the poor saps that try to play Titanfall 2 like Titanfall 1. Couple that with there being no grunts or AI of any kind in CTF and the slightest movement is picked up and you are being shot at.

ON TOP of all that, everyone has sonar blade, map hack and sonar on Tone where everybody on that team can see the enemies also. Times that by 5 and there are wallhacks up almost constantly for the whole length of the game.

It seems the intent was to make the game mode more friendly for casuals, but what ended up happening in my opinion was making ctf feel boring and hollow compared to what it was and couldve been again.

KodaRuss

About 10k, didnt have a problem getting matches.

Consoles are what? 30k?

I can't get in a match for the most part and the matches I do get in are about halfway filled.

Respawn needs to just drop their options on game modes to about 4-5. There are too many options right now. Make 1-2 of them rotate game modes and move on.

PS4 has been around 20-30k or so sometimes a little lower

Gator86

I think I'm joining the crowd. Tone is hilariously easy to use. It doesn't even seem fair. At least Legion is practically immobile. Tone has no weakness and can blanket an area in sonar, bringing everyone she's not personally wrecking to the grave anyway.

All the titans except for Ion and Northstar are ridiculously fun to use. Scorch seems kind of helpless in something like Attrition though. He's fun, but none of your attacks can really stop anyone. In something like hardpoint, he's amazing, but when you can just stand out of his range or disengage at will, he's pretty impotent.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So many times I'm top of the leaderboards on my team or across everyone and I think to myself man these people must be terrible lol.
tzFA1.gif

I can't get on with Legion, yea its a wrecking machine but being so slow and no dash is a nightmare at times. I think I'll main Northstar and maybe try out another like Ion.

Geist-

Last Titan Standing is so much freaking fun, and it's the only game mode I dominate in. This is an average match for me:

gOSw9DA.jpg

I can't tell if I really am that good with titans or Tone is currently overpowered.

Jarmel

Banned
Ion:Good for countering the number of Legion/Tonne players
Tone:Godly due to the speed and snipe ability
Northstar:Trash
Ronin:Only decent if you're really good with him and the other player is distracted or busy, trash otherwise
Scorch:Good in limited situations, useless in most
Legion:Very good due to the damage output and health

Last Titan Standing is so much freaking fun, and it's the only game mode I dominate in. This is an average match for me:

gOSw9DA.jpg

I can't tell if I really am that good with titans or Tone is currently overpowered.
Damn. That is nice. I hear a lot of people talking about Legion, but as Ion I can tear apart Legion no problem. Tone though? She gives me all sorts of problems.

They read this thread. I'm sure they hear the complaints. I'm positive something will be done. Now crash site and complex... Yeah

Some of the maps I like a lot but Homestead I can't stand and Crash Site I also don't like. I definitely don't think all the maps are bad though. Some I enjoy very much. I just tend to remember the names of the ones I hate

Ion:Good for countering the number of Legion/Tonne players
Tonne:Godly due to the speed and snipe ability
Northstar:Trash
Ronin:Only decent if you're really good with him and the other player is distracted or busy, trash otherwise
Scorch:Good in limited situations, useless in most
Legion:Very good due to the damage output and health

Scorch is good for setting tactical barriers for modes like Hardpoint.

Zemm

I'm sure as fuck not getting matches in 10-30 seconds and I live in New York.

Something doesn't seem right because I'm on the London server with 600 other people and get into games instantly, I'd have thought New York would have just as many players.

Top Bottom