• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Jarmel

Banned
Tone and Legion are OP, so multiple of them trump everything. Doesn't mean support and distraction/annoyance tactics are useless. Northstar is very strong in long range peeking encounters and annoyance, particularly in LTS where the majority of people aren't playing aggressively.
So if we eliminate 2/6 and the other 2/6 are for short range, we're left with 1. By process of elimination that isn't exactly a strong endorsement.

iamcenok

Jeez, I have incredibly mixed feelings about this game.

Something feels off about multiplayer and I don't know what it is.
I am having fun but I've had to rethink how I play the game because it feels like a completely different beast than the first one. Otherwise I'm getting my ass handed to me.

I do wish the maps had more verticality to them. The maps overall feel.... flat. Unless im misremembering the maps from 1.

--
But the campaign. It kinda felt like a throwaway story. But boy was it fun at times. The campaign does some really neat things and I appreciate it for that. I'd love for them to build upon some of those things for the next game (Please let there be next game.).

rezn0r

Ok stupid question, I missed most of this thread until lately, what's up with the PC screenshots? The odd resolution & titlebar etc.

CTF on page 2...19 in your region playing it on PS4. what

Take this pilot hunt trash and put it there if you have to have two pages to display modes for some unknown reason.

I'm sorry but the real answer is take LTS or Amped Hardpoint (this one is actual garbage) and put either on the second page.

Izuna

Banned
Ok stupid question, I missed most of this thread until lately, what's up with the PC screenshots? The odd resolution & titlebar etc.

That's me playing with a Surface Book lmao

I had to disable almost everything because of 1GB VRAM ;)

zou

I think I'm done with the game. Getting sniped as soon as I leave the ground, killed by cloaked campers hiding by the bank and insta-killed by titans. and the maps aren't helping either.

Going to get the missing achievements and then it's back to TF1. TF2 plays too much like COD, cba playing a game that just frustrates me.

rezn0r

That's me playing with a Surface Book lmao

I had to disable almost everything because of 1GB VRAM ;)

Haha wow I'm stupid, was just skimming and didn't realize it was the same person posting all of them.

Loving the game so far! Only played 3 attritions and then started the campaign though.

Here are some proper PC screenshots =)

30003564844_e9c6746ecc_o.png

30003555684_08013fc567_o.png

30518733602_736d2126c1_o.png

Okay, just got back and strapping in for another full night Titanfall 2. Time to see how much this PC update helps my performance.

@Izuna: Added you on Origin!

Izuna

Banned
Either Controller is legit af, or PC is far easier than Xbox right now.

I also wish I could record this gameplay. There was this Ronin who tried to prove that they can beat a Legion 1v1 haha...

xinek

I just have to say how great the progression is in the MP. I'm constantly unlocking several things after every match, and almost all of it seems valuable, yet I don't feel like I'm missing out at all because of stuff I haven't unlocked yet. They definitely knew what they were doing here. I usually hate extensive unlocks (see BF4), but in TF2, I never feel like I'm playing just to grind xp to get something.

The camos are nice looking, and some are fun without being ridiculous and garish. So many callsigns and badges! The guns rank quickly, but of the six or so I've used quite a bit, none seemed useless or crappy without the unlocks.

They really nailed it -- the progression is FUN, not a slog, and it does what progression should -- makes you want to keep playing just one more match!

Can't say enough good things about the MP, except maybe that it's keeping me from the SP. It seems like a ridiculous thing to say, but I really feel respected as a player, not just as a potential supply drop, loot box, or DLC buying machine. I so hope this game gets the same momentum and legs that R6:Siege got through word of mouth and reviews.

That feeling when you're using Tone and get an enemy Legion on the run and he deploys his gun shield as a last resort and you shoot your tracker missiles over his gun shield and get the kill....damn son. It's something else.

alenade

I just got this from Target, and I've been having a swell time with the singleplayer. How brutal is multiplayer? I will probably hold off until I'm finished with SP but I'm just kind of worried that I'll get my ass kicked--the only multiplayer shooter I've played in a long time has been Overwatch.

EDIT: my typos

Dominator

I wish I liked the the multiplayer more. I jumped into some other modes other than Pilot vs. Pilot and I just can't get into the Titan action. Oh well, it was fun for a week until Call of Duty comes out. Still glad I payed $60 for that tremendous campaign.

Haines

Banned
The moved the mp hoppers around?

Now mistake is where hard point was.

I played some mistake and really enjoyed it. It might be new favorite way to play.

Rayme

Anyone else having a weird bug on PC playing with a 360 controller where your guy will automatically just start walking backwards. Its getting annoying. As far as i know my controller is fine, first time having this issue. Thumbstick doesnt seem stuck. Playing in campaign.

Almost for sure a deadzone issue. Your left stick probably just drifts further south than m- I can't make this not sound dirty.

...at any rate!

Under the "Controls" Settings, change "Movement Deadzone" to "Large".

naib

That Honest Trailer was pretty succinct. Subscribed.

As a recovering q3a addict this is the relapse I've been looking for. Was hoping it would be toxikk or new ut but neither are ready yet imo.

I only briefly dabbled in TF1 on PC. I liked it then but can't remember why I bounced off. Life stuff or sometjhing.

But this game. Damn. When the movement clicks it's really a joy. I'll be playing for awhile.

Woo-Fu

Banned
can you post it, i didn't see it

remind me again what stays and what gets locked again after a regen.

Your weapon levels stay(but I think you have to unlock the weapons like normal.. Not sure since I use eva/charge rifle which you get at level 0/1 anyhow, your titan levels stay, and anything you bought stays, as well as all your cosmetics.

So for me I lost electric smoke and map hack. Wasted some of my money on stuff I don't really use on day 1/2 so didn't have much when I regenned, but was enough to buy Phase. Will buy electric smoke when I have the credits. Map hack early enough in progression to not need to buy plus I expect it to be one of the first to fall to the nerf bat.

Mechazawa

I think I'm done trying to make sense of the Mastiff. I've shot people with it at point blank and it didn't kill them. I've shot people in close range twice and it didn't kill them.

I see absolutely no reason why you would use it over the EVA when the EVA can consistently kill people just fine and shoots significantly faster. It's incredibly fun to use, but the inconsistency makes me want to tear my hair out.

Top Bottom