• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gorillaz

I think we've seen twice now that attempting to "serve all masters" doesn't do much for Titanfall. I think doubling down on what makes this game unique and carving their own niche in the in the shooter market would be a better strategy. This game is infinitely more interesting when you have that interplay of Players and Titans (and AI imo), and is what ultimately sets Titanfall apart now that CoD is trying (and failing) to ape the parkour movement style. Both Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege show that there's room for shooters doing their own thing with uncompromising focus.

Just for the sake of game identity I'm not a fan of a large number of playlists in general. CoD can do it because it's one of the market leaders- which means a huge number of players- and has no real gameplay gimmicks or identity outside of TDM (which is fine), but in games like Battlefield and Titanfall, the modes where the major draws are removed feel like such weaker experiences to me. Pointless, even. I know there are different views on this though, and that's ok.
When I said get rid of Attrition eariler I meant it more in a "if I had to pick" sense. I think the A.I stuff like that is good as hell and creates this sense of bigger engaging conflict. I still like Attirition but it's more of a "if we had to ship something off the island" it would be one of the ones I would pick. However I know it's the big callingcard of TF1 so I understand.

Revas

Ion:Good for countering the number of Legion/Tonne players
Tone:Godly due to the speed and snipe ability
Northstar:Trash
Ronin:Only decent if you're really good with him and the other player is distracted or busy, trash otherwise
Scorch:Good in limited situations, useless in most
Legion:Very good due to the damage output and health

Northstar slander will not be tolerated.

Some of the maps I like a lot but Homestead I can't stand and Crash Site I also don't like. I definitely don't think all the maps are bad though. Some I enjoy very much. I just tend to remember the names of the ones I hate.
I went from not liking Homestead during the alpha to loving it now. Might be my favorite map....But I agree on Crash Site. That one I am not a fan of. At all.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Anyone else having a weird bug on PC playing with a 360 controller where your guy will automatically just start walking backwards. Its getting annoying. As far as i know my controller is fine, first time having this issue. Thumbstick doesnt seem stuck. Playing in campaign.

Anyone else having a weird bug on PC playing with a 360 controller where your guy will automatically just start walking backwards. Its getting annoying. As far as i know my controller is fine, first time having this issue. Thumbstick doesnt seem stuck. Playing in campaign.
You aren't launching the game with the joystick already out of default position, are you? That is my only guess, since it used to happen to me on Nintendo 64....so probably not relevant.

Izuna

Banned
OMG I love playing this on Surface Book

Almost no input lag or w/e, pure 60fps... I'm placing top every game so far ;)

Respawn... PLEASE give us FoV slider for Console. This game is like 22% better ;)

Jarrod38

Had a Bounty Hunt game where the other team couldn't even break $800.
KZy1L8A.gif

Respawn needs to just drop their options on game modes to about 4-5. There are too many options right now. Make 1-2 of them rotate game modes and move on.

PS4 has been around 20-30k or so sometimes a little lower

Yeah they really need to do this

I dont even know why PvP exists. Modes like that need to be sacrificed

Im really bummed that a mode like CTF is barren. I thought it was a really popular mode for tf1

Septic360

Banned
Oh man the data centre in London....thank you Respawn!!! You'd think this would be a given but no!!!

Take heed 343 with your no region filters! For shame!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Hope to see you out there.

Your recommendations for being a good Northstar player?

Legit asking. Just gen'd Tone/Ronin and I'm trying to figure out what Titan to play next. Its between Northstar/Ion.

Is there a stats page available? PC is obviously dead for everything but attrition but I like the game and hope to see a larger CTF player base with PS4. Anyone finding matches in CTF on PS4 or know of a stats page like bf4?

KorrZ

Loving this game the more everytime I play it. I tried to jump into the Legion cheese but Tone is definitely my Titan.

I have almost no trouble taking out anyone 1 on 1 assuming similar starting health. They need to patch in the shields from TF1 though. It's hard to get a good streak going in a titan with their current health setup.

Also, what's the worst map? Is it Drydock or Complex? Fuck I hate both of them.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was a little confused as to why this game was getting compared to Half Life 2 and Portal with its campaign after the first two missions. Then I played the third.

Alive and kicking! Never find it hard to get a match

Wait.

Am I going crazy or did they shuffle how the gamemodes were sorted?

CTF is on the second page now :( R I P

Don't have the guy spend $60 and be let down. There is only attrition always available. Bounty and hardpoint might have a few hundred now but this is opening week and won't last.

Doesn't matter where CTF is on the list - PC west is permanently at 0 players when I try to play :(

People trashing Northstar have obviously not come across the Northstar/Tone long range waifu combo. It's ridiculously good.

Northstar's best as a support Titan, like Ion. You don't just call it out by yourself. Back up Tone and Legion. Also can occasionally be a fun surprise counter against aggro Ronins who forget that you can trap them and fly away or rain justice from above.

KodaRuss

Loving this game the more everytime I play it. I tried to jump into the Legion cheese but Tone is definitely my Titan.

I have almost no trouble taking out anyone 1 on 1 assuming similar starting health. They need to patch in the shields from TF1 though. It's hard to get a good streak going in a titan with their current health setup.

Also, what's the worst map? Is it Drydock or Complex? Fuck I hate both of them.

I dont hate any yet and I have only played Dry dock once somehow but it is Homestead for me right now.

Chris1

Wait.

Am I going crazy or did they shuffle how the gamemodes were sorted?

CTF is on the second page now :( R I P

They need to get rid of the second page. When the screenshots of the modes came out it was obvious the second page modes would hurt. It all needs to be kept on one screen imo.

The modes need to be slimmed down aswell. Dunno where Amped hardpoint should go, it probably fits in Playlist 1 best but at the same time it's too objective based and there's no AI. Plus I don't want to play amped hardpoint LOL

Playlist 1: Bounty Hunt, Attrition
Playlist 2: CTF, LTS
Playlist 3: PvP, Skirmish

FFA, Private and Coliseum gets its own modes. Also think there should be a quick play option that puts you in the first game it can find regardless of mode, this will help the smaller playlists a bit and will essentially act as variety mode without taking up a mode.

Gator86

The flatlined assault rifle is straight up useless. The TTK seems lower than the time it takes to get a second bullet out. Even with perfect aim, I'm not sure it beats any other gun you'd see in an average game.

TheRed

PC isn't dead. Just depends on your data center how long it takes to find a match. I'm in the middle of nowhere-Illinois and I find games in 20-30 seconds.

Alive and kicking! Never find it hard to get a match
Good to hear.I may jump in. I hope it can really sustain a community going through next year. Doesn't have to be the biggest but higher than the usually sub 500 players worldwide when I went back to TF1.

Jarmel

Banned
People trashing Northstar have obviously not come across the Northstar/Tone long range waifu combo. It's ridiculously good.

Northstar's best as a support Titan, like Ion. You don't just call it out by yourself. Back up Tone and Legion. Also can occasionally be a fun surprise counter against aggro Ronins who forget that you can trap them and fly away or rain justice from above.

If you have to use it in conjunction with another Titan, it's pretty much shit. Two Tones trump a Tone/Legion combo.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
CTF on page 2...19 in your region playing it on PS4. what

Take this pilot hunt trash and put it there if you have to have two pages to display modes for some unknown reason.

Revas

Your recommendations for being a good Northstar player?

Legit asking. Just gen'd Tone/Ronin and I'm trying to figure out what Titan to play next. Its between Northstar/Ion.

Oh I'm not good per se, just talking shit.

Stryder/Cluster/rail gun was my go to "just having fun" load out in TF1, so I'm familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of this Titan going into TF2. You need to keep distance away from other Titans, use the cluster missile to cover your escape routes (as well as to inflict splash damage when Titans are using shields) and essentially pick your spots against Titans in general. Cluster missile is excellent against ai and pilots once you get familiar with it. Flank enemies and tag them with the rail gun for massive damage. Defensively, I've found its best to run and hope enemies get tired of chasing you. I use the boost that gives you a free battery to aid her low health. It's not the best Titan, but its just a lot of fun.

Agreed.

If you have to use it in conjunction with another Titan, it's pretty much shit. Two Tones trump a Tone/Legion combo.

Tone and Legion are OP, so multiple of them trump everything. Doesn't mean support and distraction/annoyance tactics are useless. Northstar is very strong in long range peeking encounters and annoyance, particularly in LTS where the majority of people aren't playing aggressively.

Strider

Idk if people don't realize it or if they just don't care because they use other networks but being in the TitanGaf network means nothing.. You also have to set it as active.

Whenevr I look there's always 0 people online on TitanGaf for the PS4... This makes me just set another network as active so I'm part of the problem lol but... yea...

Radar Jammer doesn't jam the outlines of the player. Map Hack is OP and will be nerfed.

Or at least... We all hope it does...

When you're playing a game and half the time you're seeing "Map hack detected" .... :/

How dead is PC version? I'm very hesitant after buying titanfall 1 full price and everyone disappeared.
It's fairly active for attrition or bounty hunt. The playlist reshuffle really helped with variety. I still cannot find a game of pvp/ctf/ffa but having variety is better than nothing.

They need to get rid of the second page. When the screenshots of the modes came out it was obvious the second page modes would hurt. It all needs to be kept on one screen imo.

The modes need to be slimmed down aswell. Dunno where Amped hardpoint should go, it probably fits in Playlist 1 best but at the same time it's too objective based and there's no AI. Plus I don't want to play amped hardpoint LOL

Playlist 1: Bounty Hunt, Attrition
Playlist 2: CTF, LTS
Playlist 3: PvP, Skirmish

FFA, Private and Coliseum gets its own modes. Also think there should be a quick play option that puts you in the first game it can find regardless of mode, this will help the smaller playlists a bit and will essentially act as variety mode without taking up a mode.

Uh leave LTS alone please. If I want to play other modes I will.

deoee

Idk if people don't realize it or if they just don't care because they use other networks but being in the TitanGaf network means nothing.. You also have to set it as active.

Whenevr I look there's always 0 people online on TitanGaf for the PS4... This makes me just set another network as active so I'm part of the problem lol but... yea...

When you're playing a game and half the time you're seeing "Map hack detected" .... :/

So you're just looking for matches in your active network?

Revas

On PC, GAF and Reddit networks have the same happy hour. That should change imo.

I never have a problem finding games of Attrition or Bounty Hunt on the Dallas server.

Top Bottom