• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The best way to use it is to not use it, it's useless along with tripwire IMO.

lol

Well it does look useful if I can manage to lure a titan around a corner my way and then use the core ability after the trap, but I haven't had many chances to do that. Still though I really like Northstar.

Izuna

Banned
ulMMO8w.gif

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Who designed Exoplanet

Please fucking reconsider your career

Haha that's my favorite map dude! Different strokes I guess. I'm a god among men when I'm playing that map.

Haven't had any hacking bs thankfully. If I see something I'll definitely take a video and post it in here, cool to see some respawn representation in this thread!

soultron

Banned
I played pretty much from 2:00am to 6:00am in the morning on PC and had no issues at all getting into a game,

Also, I started using the controller instead of k/m last night and wow I am sooooo much better now lol. I am legit shocked how much easier it is to use a controller in this game. I went from averaging like maybe 5-6 kills a game to 13-14 kills and have no problems bringing down a titan. If anyone is sucking ass like I was on PC, try using a controller!! I honestly don't think k/m users have much of an advantage in this game

jokerherewego.gif

Glad you're having more success now, but I would argue that KBM will forever be my favourite option. Every finger can be touching a key (including your mouse hand, provided you have a mouse with 5+ buttons on it) and target acquisition is much easier with proper mouse settings.

What were you finding you were hindered by when using KBM?

Izuna

Banned
Exoplanet is stupid when there are no Titan's about. But I don't hate it. It's quite good on Bounty Hunt I think.

KodaRuss

Juat ordered a new TV in anticipation for the PS4Pro next week. Those comparison screenshots for TF2 look just awesome. Cant wait to load it up for the first time.

Gator86

Who designed Exoplanet

Please fucking reconsider your career

Honestly, all the maps are just kind of trash. Just re-release all the TF1 maps. The number of maps is too small too. I know effort had to go to the legitimately great single player, but it's hard to sustain a game on 9 mediocre to bad maps.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

LOL! That made me chuckle a bit. Worst way to die in MP.

Any videos? We're watching. Always watching.

Here ya go: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=223053895&postcount=7104

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=223054279&postcount=7108

Can someone please tell me the population on xbox1 now. I got the game on PC and ps4, my brother wants to buy it on xbox one and we share accounts so just to have an idea, thanks.

From what GAF people have said, it's the most populated platform. Easily at over 30K-45K last few times I saw it being discussed here.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
jokerherewego.gif

Glad you're having more success now, but I would argue that KBM will forever be my favourite option. Every finger can be touching a key (including your mouse hand, provided you have a mouse with 5+ buttons on it) and target acquisition is much easier with proper mouse settings.

What were you finding you were hindered by when using KBM?

I guess personally I have an issue with my keyboard finger placement and I would fucking hit the wrong keys at times and would die because I suck lol! and just moving around and wall running and jumping feels so much more natural to me on controller. I recently bought a Rii gaming k/m off of amazon too but the mouse still only has the the three buttons. Maybe if I had one with more buttons on the mouse i would be a bit better. I couldn't believe the difference and I just tried it out for shits and giggles because I was tired of getting my ass kicked. I came in first place 3 or 4 times last night, felt good man lol. That only happened one time before with k/m.

Blam

Both of those were banned last night.

If anyone sees cheating please post a vid. We don't respond all the time, but we are watching and videos always help. Finding these guys in any way helps our anti-cheat get better at flagging them for us automatically.

Completely unrelated but I just finished the campaign. You guys did a fantastic job with the entire thing.

All of the platforming parts were beautifully done.

Any videos? We're watching. Always watching.
No, unfortunately. I usually don't run Shadowplay because I don't want to impact my framerate. I haven't tried it yet with my 1080 though, so I'll see if that impacts my FPS and if not, capture what I see in the future.

While I say "obviously" hacking, they weren't the blatant type hackers who just snapped to everything in the far corner of the map, but were playing somewhat normally while using aim toggles (visible after viewing a couple killcams) to snap to people after moving their reticle manually somewhat towards them. Basically, they were trying to hide it, but in a game like Titanfall, it's really obvious if you snap to someone and then keep perfect tracking on them afterwards. Two of them even messed up once and snapped to a minion near me, and then had to press their toggle again to snap to me.

Another person in my party said a few were probably also using walls, but I was focused too much on the aim toggles to determine whether or not that was true.

FeD.nL

It's like I'm playing a different game with Amped Hardpoint, but I don't find a single map bad. I actually enjoy a lot of them.

SwolBro

Banned
Really not accomplishing anything when it comes to using my Titan. I get it, I get in it, I don't really get a whole lot done then it just gets blown up.

Repeat.
Probably try to use one of the easier titans. scorch and ronin are the hardest to master. the easiest is also one of the most powerful and that'd be tone.

You should not be able to eject while doomed if someone is rodeoing you. that's fucking stupid I don't care
GTFO. lol don't even go there

Someone recommended me a better setup than bumper jumper.

They gave me some good settings actually but i have a baby sleeping on me atm.
Yes, ELITE CONTROLLER. jump on left back, slide on right back (or vice versa)
Can someone please tell me the population on xbox1 now. I got the game on PC and ps4, my brother wants to buy it on xbox one and we share accounts so just to have an idea, thanks.
X1 is the most populated. It has a healthy base. I think it will only grow from here.

It's not that bad for some modes actually. It's great for LTS.
These maps are pretty much all 2nd tier at best with some being third and fourth tier.

I agree. There is no first tier maps here but that's ok since it's only 9 maps and now they have time to go back and redo the maps they'll be releasing. In saying that most of the maps are at least second tier so it's not all that bad.

There is one important factor Respawn got right with Titanfall 2 like they did with the first game- when things are clicking and you're nailing movement and your aim is on point you can feel godly. That feeling of just being on another level compared to your opponents is still there. I love it.

Mafro

The stupid battery mechanic in this really makes no sense at all. You have a battery already in your titan but no shield. Someone steals your battery and you kill them, get out and put the battery back in which gives you a shield.

What?

Top Bottom