• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

For the same reason that the Titan load outs are now locked into specific bodies.

Easily identifiable silhouettes allow players to react and adapt more quickly in battle. You don't have to wait and see a pilot use a tactical ability to know what they're packing at a glance.

It was a neat idea, but with how the TTK currently is its pretty useless.

Gator86

You've completely misunderstood.

No one, literally no one, is saying its too hard to rodeo.

It's not worth it because Titans have pathetic durability and rodeo does essentially nothing.

In the time you rodeo a Titan, a competent pilot would do exceptionally more damage using anti-titan weaponry. This is a breakdown in game design and it makes the entire battery mechanic superfluous.

And that's even before mentioning how battery-holding pilots are highlighted trough walls by your Titan. In most cases, I feel relieved when someone "steals" my battery - I'll kill them with wall hacks and get a nice shield boost.

I agree with this overall, but stealing a battery and putting it in a friendly titan is an absurd boost to your meter and a huge swing in the balance. You've restored one of your titans to fighting shape, called another, and damages an enemy titan. From a team perspective, it's a solid boon. But it's online with randoms so it doesn't work at all in most cases.

Sou Da

Gun battles don't last anywhere near long enough for that to matter in the slightest.

It was a neat idea, but with how the TTK currently is its pretty useless.

It's pretty damn useful to know if I should go for a cloak or a stim guy first.

In fact I don't really buy this at all, I'm able to determine how people are going to play from a distance. Amped wall dudes for instance always tend to go inside and are pretty safe to run up on.

Gator86

It's pretty damn useful to know if I should go for a cloak or a stim guy first.

In fact I don't really buy this at all, I'm able to determine how people are going to play from a distance. Amped wall dudes for instance always tend to go inside and are pretty safe to run up on.

The TTK is shorter than the time it takes you to see both of those, make a decision about who is more dangerous, and then swing your aim to that person. Also, you were killed by the second person anyway.

Regarding the last few discussions:

- I agree that the battery mechanic is logically flawed. You have no shield with your starting battery, but when someone pulls it out and you manage to kill them, you put that same battery back in and magically, shield. Wat? This would make way more sense if we had shields to start with, and pulling a battery permanently removed that shield until you replaced it. Then the next time a pilot boarded you, they could get that great shooting animation from the first game because your Titan guts are exposed. The grenade drop in Titanfall 2 is probably the most unsatisfying move in the entire game.

It's also really difficult to actually get away with a battery considering how much they light you up when you're carrying one. The whole battery system is just strange and risky.

- Crash Site, Complex, and Homestead are objectively bad maps, and you should feel bad for liking them or defending them. Kodai is one step removed from that group. The rest are solid, with Eden being the standout.

- I'd also appreciate full character customization, as in not having to use the robits. Scanning the battlefield looking for character models hasn't helped me once in this game. It's just way too fast and chaotic to effectively track someone by the silhouette and have it make a difference. By the time you know which pilot a player is using, you're either dead or in the act of countering them. The easiest way to call out specific pilots is when you actually see them using their abilities.

I really like this game, but...I only have time to invest in one FPS until next fall and I also have BF1. I wonder if I should just trade-in TF2 as BF1 seem to be the better long-term investment.

I have both and if I had to pick, I would trade in BF1. I am a big battlefield fan but I haven't had the urge to pick it up since Titanfall came out. I want to enjoy the fuck out of titanfall now because who knows how healthy the playerbase will be in a few months or a year. Free dlc is also a huge factor for me.

I know if I want to play BF later, it will still have an active player base and balance adjustments. Plus, it usually gets deep discounts when bought digitally and the season pass usually gets a price reduction as well.

Reebot

I am. You're flat out lying.

What does that make the kill time for amped weapons in your world?

Lol, ok buddy. Next time you shoot someone, try to hit them with the bullets. They die a lot faster!

And it makes them... faster. Surprise answer, I know, but even those lengths of time under a second can get shorter.

Gator86

I am. You're flat out lying.

What does that make the kill time for amped weapons in your world?

Come on, buddy. If a teammate and I walk in the door, you're not going to scan our outfits, measure the threat, then kill the bigger one. With multiple enemies the already near instant TTK is cut in, at least, half. You're dead in that context and you didn't pick shit based on outfits.

Northstar needs a nerf

wqLay4H.jpg

I think respawn needs to remove all but one Titan. Everyone having the same one would stop the OP complaints, right?

JaMarco

I will pay GOOD money to be able to customize my pilot how I want. Love the camo, but the look is awful lol.

Why not just let us use the pilot body we want?
Obviously you need to identify the pilot type for the millisecond you have to adjust to it. Duh!

Sou Da

It's officially not possible to not sound like a condescending dick when using "buddy" in the context of video games.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Game feels good. Just had my best match.

I like BF1 but I wish it had more progression mechanics. It's nice to unlock stuff for doing well.

Kade

Can someone at Respawn look into this? Network Region is not persisting for a network I run and Happy Hour seems to be based on which Region the group is set to. For other players, the Region is only listed as "???".

Here are two screencaps I took at different times and a screencap of what it looks like for others.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Rodoeing a titan and giving a friendly titan a battery is absolutely worth it. It will give you around 50% Titan Charge. It's one of the fastest ways to get a Titan.

Reported a hacker on PC in an attrition match I was playing, dude was INSTANTLY locking on to people with his titan and was even damaging/killing people when he was not even looking at them. The people on his team even started saying he was obviously hacking. Shit sucks, like how is that ever fun?

Theosmeo

Does this have splitscreen online? on the fence about this one because I heard the campaign was good and want to play it with my roommate fr replay value

Kade

How do you get on top of a titan? Just land on it?

Yeah. It feels like the hitbox for it is messed up though, along with melee attacks. There are times where I get a perfect jump on a Titan but I just land next to it and get crushed or melee attacked.

B00TE

Does this have splitscreen online? on the fence about this one because I heard the campaign was good and want to play it with my roommate fr replay value
It does not, sadly.
How do you get on top of a titan? Just land on it?

Pretty much, it's very generous with how you can get on them. You can just jump straight at the chest and ride 'em, for example (not that you should for enemy titans, but friendlies are a-ok).

JaMarco

I think the map hack nerf more or less did its job. Doesn't feel as powerful as before, I don't even feel I need to use it anymore. Mostly use the spare battery boost now.

realwords

My roommate walked past me playing the "time warp" mission, stopped in his tracks, looked at the television, sat next to me on the couch, and sat agape watching the whole mission.

Bravo, Respawn.

B00TE

I hate Complex.

I hear ya, been getting it all morning. It's a fun bounty hunt map though. I've only played Eden twice and it makes me sad because that map is fantastic, easily my favorite for most any mode.

Starting to slowly get the hang of combating my nerves and ladder anxiety-ish feeling when I play by goofing off with different loadouts and messing around if my team sucks (and still somehow end up carrying hard). Still can't play more than a few games before the stress gets to me, but still having a blast. Having a shit ton of fun using the grapple to swing around right now, moving away from the pulse blade for a bit now that I know the maps and where likely hotspots are.

spyder_ur

So how does the Network thing work? I joined the Neogaf network (I now see there are others) - does it pair me with people from my network automatically?

My roommate walked past me playing the "time warp" mission, stopped in his tracks, looked at the television, sat next to me on the couch, and sat agape watching the whole mission.

Bravo, Respawn.

I was absolutely floored seeing that mission. I definitely got vibes of my favorite FPS campaigns from this like portal and the Bioshocks. I also loved the earlier one
in the assembly line.

B00TE

So how does the Network thing work? I joined the Neogaf network (I now see there are others) - does it pair me with people from my network automatically?

You can start games and invite other from the network to join you, it starts a 10(?) second countdown in the network lobby where others can opt to join you before it starts matchmaking. You can also voice chat with the network, etc.

KingV

I think the map hack nerf more or less did its job. Doesn't feel as powerful as before, I don't even feel I need to use it anymore. Mostly use the spare battery boost now.

I've been rolling with that one too. It's really versatile you can pop it in your dome to start with a shield or wait until your titan is gone and drop it on a teammate for 50% of your next titan meter

Can someone at Respawn look into this? Network Region is not persisting for a network I run and Happy Hour seems to be based on which Region the group is set to. For other players, the Region is only listed as "???".

Here are two screencaps I took at different times and a screencap of what it looks like for others.
This has been an issue for me with the GAF network since launch; I have to edit the network in-game to get the region to save correctly.

You've completely misunderstood.

No one, literally no one, is saying its too hard to rodeo.

It's not worth it because Titans have pathetic durability and rodeo does essentially nothing.

In the time you rodeo a Titan, a competent pilot would do exceptionally more damage using anti-titan weaponry. This is a breakdown in game design and it makes the entire battery mechanic superfluous.

And that's even before mentioning how battery-holding pilots are highlighted trough walls by your Titan. In most cases, I feel relieved when someone "steals" my battery - I'll kill them with wall hacks and get a nice shield boost.

You get like a 60% increase on your titan meter after a successful rodeo.

It may not do super damage, but itś definitely worth it to get your titan down faster.

You pretty much have to kamikazee or eject, not really seeing whats interesting. The awful map designs force Titans into confined spaces with very little room to escape an maneuver. Usually when you are doomed, it's time to just bail.

Definitely not my experience at all. You still have a good amount of health when you are doomed. Bailing without taking advantage of the doomed state is a complete waste.I one time went half a round still fighting in my doomed titan. The enemy tends to lower their guard around doomed titans, and its easy to take advantage of that.

Top Bottom