• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I wish Respawn would provide actual fucking numbers on how anything works. Scorch shield perk increases damage how much? How much longer does sensor array make smart core last? I shouldn't have to try to dig up YouTube videos or spend 20 minutes running comparisons in solo private matches to figure some of this shit out.

Ooh find out and make us some videos :)

Reebot

yep. it's my favorite with the charge hack. i love jumping on a friendly titan and just blasting the shit out of the opponents with it. i usually die pretty quick but damn is it fun.

Great feel, riding on friendly Titan as a two man wrecking crew.

Izuna

Banned
彼女は夜空で一番美しい星だ。お、ノーススター、死の天使!

icon-northstar4.png

Tenshin

the phasing of the mp in titanfall is fantastic. not like in battlefield games its too exausting playing 2 cesecutive matches long. even losing is not that bad like in other games. its weired it felt winning if your squad got extracted by your ship.

X1 IS in stock bruh

also why didn't you game share with your bro?

--

god i wish I had a PS4 and was in Japan rn

this is some of the worst gameplay I have ever seen

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp7fkv6D-tA for PC footage (much better)

edit: so she thinks Ronin is garbage too,

wtf is that a real lady's voice? sounds just like my animes. pretty squeaky.

is there a way to do JP audio only for titans? would love that tbh. If respawn patched that in to let you choose titan audio it would be fantastic.

JayBabay

I just got this game and started playing today. Haven't had the chance to try out the campaign but the multiplayer is superb. The variety of modes are all fun and I'm thoroughly enjoying all of them. I especially like how Last Titan Standing allows the pace of the game to slow down so that the focus with the team is based on strategy and precision. Adds a new layer of depth to the game.

Easy way to make Ronin way more viable without making him too strong: get rid of the Phase Dash self-instagibbing (why is this is even a thing?), and make him unable to be executed during Sword Core.

It probably would be too exploitable if it killed other Titans.
I don't want it to kill other Titans; that's way too strong. But the opposite (killing yourself) makes Ronin weak as he's supposed to get up in enemy faces. Pushing the Ronin slightly away from where he would have appeared would be perfect.

Reebot

I've made my peace with every inane change to mechanics and combat. Titanfall 2 is, for all of its many faults, probably the best big budget shooter right now.

Except for the terrible maps. Seriously. I refuse to believe the same team who designed Titanfall 1 also threw together this batch of disasters.

I've made my peace with every inane change to mechanics and combat. Titanfall 2 is, for all of its many faults, probably the best big budget shooter right now.

Except for the terrible maps. Seriously. I refuse to believe the same team who designed Titanfall 1 also threw together this batch of disasters.
I never played TF1 but I like Boomtown, Eden, Drydock and Exoplanet well enough.

Blackwater Canal, Homestead and Kodai are meh but bearable.

Complex and Crash Site are god awful.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
god i wish I had a PS4 and was in Japan rn

this is some of the worst gameplay I have ever seen

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp7fkv6D-tA for PC footage (much better)

edit: so she thinks Ronin is garbage too,

I'm not that good, but it's pretty fun out here :)
Only thing is Mixtape player pools are literally 0 most of the time. Attrition and Bounty are just too popular. I've played like one FFO (and loved it), one PvP, and no LTS at all.

Would like to check out more Japanese streamers/uploaders, though. 2BRO seems pretty popular. I don't really mind the squeaky voice thing Eruko does - VA is a pretty big industry/culture out here, and it seems people just like to put on a show with their voice (facecam is not as popular as it is with western Youtubers).

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Oh wow, late night pop is pretty bad on PS4 right now. Have to wait a while to find an Attrition game.

Huh? I just stopped playing now, and I never even waited for more than a minute (max) to get into Attrition and Bounty Hunt. Shows player pop at 7-8K now.

I honestly think Respawn should take that out, but they can't do that now since people will say they did that since the numbers are too low or something. That said, I understand why it's there for matchmaking reasons.

Hit Gen 2 (I have no clue how you guys are Gen 3 or more already) and still loving it so far. Now using the CAR SMG and whatever weapon I didn't use much during my first Gen. I stopped using the R201 AR just because I'm tired of using it. Good thing the guns are mostly viable so stats don't take that much of a hit.

For Anti-Titan weapons, I always seem to not get hitmarkers with the Archer. I know it deals a lot of damage but comparing it with the Grenade Launcher and how you can run around using it means you deal more DPS and in turn, get your Titan earlier, no? I dunno, I don't feel safe using the Archer unless I'm cloaked.

maxmars

Yesterday night played a game of attrition together with two members from the big NeoGAF faction.. sorry guys I couldn't speak as there were people sleeping around me. Too bad we lost, it was a close one!

No Love

Banned
Everyone who praised Devotion: you were so right. What an intensely satisfying, tactical gun to use. And it makes life so much easier when you come across 3 or more pilots in a tight corridor...

But what I came to say was this: I really, really love this game and I didn't expect to. I thought at first it was a twitch shooter and that I probably shouldn't have bought it etc and stuck to Battlefield 1 for a couple days. But then the more I played it, the more I got hooked. It has that same way of making yoh crave "just one more game." It reminds me so much of last year's sleeper hit Rainbow Six Siege.

But it also gives me the same feeling of adoration and excitement as Unreal Tournament or Modern Warfare 1, provides that same intrigue and challenge. Where learning to move, predict, and think on your feet is rewarded and encouraged. It feels like every gunfight and death is improving your skills in meaningful ways, where tactics and reflexes merge together, ala Battlefield. As a pilot you feel like you're the FPS version of Raiden from Metal Gear Rising once you really learn to move and navigate the levels.

It's unforgettable when you're flying out there, 1v1 with a Titan, a lone pilot on foot, doing the dance of death with a colossal death machine that can blow you into bits instantly if you make one wrong move.

And then you take that motherfucker down singlehandedly, killing the pilot because he didn't expect you to doom his Titan so fast and doesn't even eject.

Buy this game if you haven't already. It's fun as fuck.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Yesterday night played a game of attrition together with two members from the big NeoGAF faction.. sorry guys I couldn't speak as there were people sleeping around me. Too bad we lost, it was a close one!

Which one is the "big NeoGAF faction"? The info in the OP points to one with like 10 people...

Revas

The one that is open.

Neither has tons of people online though. It's a bummer and just shows how bad the game is doing.

The Neogaf network is the smallest network I'm apart of by a fair margin. It's strange to consider the game isn't selling well when there's numerous threads here about the game, and the critical reception has been so positive.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
The Neogaf network is the smallest network I'm apart of by a fair margin. It's strange to consider the game isn't selling well when there's numerous threads here about the game, and the critical reception has been so positive.

Bear in mind that the game selling poorly is based on the UK charts that tracked it for two days (Fri and Sat) and didn't even count digital. EA, nor Respawn has commented on any yet. I gather, it might not be selling a boatload, but it's not the super trainwreck some on GAF are assuming.

It's compounded by articles, videos, etc. which are also based on that analyst firm estimates that TF2 will "disappoint" in sales since it won't sell 9m units, but "only" 6-7m. I've said it before, but I know for a fact that Respawn didn't spend Call of Duty-level money to develop the game, and the dev team is significantly smaller, too.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
彼女は夜空で一番美しい星だ。お、ノーススター、死の天使!

icon-northstar4.png

For those curious: "She is the most beautiful star in the night sky. Oh Northstar, Angel of Death."

Guys, the Japanese version of this game has higher TTK!

because the players aren't very good

There are some pretty damn good players in Japan, but yeah, I get into games sometimes where I'm just murdering people for doing idiotic things.

I find the split laser shot to be really good at killing pilots trying to run away.

But I could just get good and hit them with the laser?

I see your point though but generally I just laser them if I can, otherwise they end up escaping or something. If I miss I figure they deserve to live because I wasn't good enough to land the shot.The split shot doesn't kill them faster than the default either since not all of it can hit them due to the wide spread, but it does make them easier to hit.

I also love that you can use the laser while sprinting.

HelloMeow

Do you ever go up against another pilot in the campaign? That's a missed opportunity. Imagine having to chase a pilot or having to fight a bunch of pilots in some kind of arena.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The G2 is such an amazing gun. Wow.

Do you ever go up against another pilot in the campaign? That's a missed opportunity. Imagine having to chase a pilot or having to fight a bunch of pilots in some kind of arena.
Unfortunately you don't. I wonder if it's because they didn't want to program any pilot AI and just kept it to Titan combat.

The G2 is such an amazing gun. Wow.

Unfortunately you don't. I wonder if it's because they didn't want to program any pilot AI and just kept it to Titan combat.

It would also be hard to have that combat sequence have much of an impact. Unless pilots were frequently used it does not seem worth programming pilot AI only for the player to one shot them and move on.

No Love

Banned
Just oneshotted a low health Legion with his back turned to me a single Firestar. Such a satisfying kill, replay cam must've been infuriating.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It would also be hard to have that combat sequence have much of an impact. Unless pilots were frequently used it does not seem worth programming pilot AI only for the player to one shot them and move on.
Well, the other benefit would have been that they could have included a bot-match/offline practice mode. But I guess there's very little demand for that.

Well there is that hologram tutorial pilot, so the pilot chase would be fairly straightforward. It would basically be on rails.
Aren't those just ghosts?

Played for a few hours last night. Used my salvo core against a Ronin, he disappeared and showed up behind me and tore me to pieces lol. The guy was an awesome Ronin. I would love to be as good as he was.

FeD.nL

I've been away for 5 or so days, have they said anything about any changes? Map hack maybe?

Patch has already gone live.

Map Hack is nearly useless now. Basically it pings the enemy team for quite a short time. So you can't see them the whole time and the duration is pretty short.

edit:

My friends thank you all for playing the crap outta our game and providing lots of great feedback. We've got a new update that's currently live. Here are the details:
  • Map Hack: Rebalanced Map Hack so that player locations will now pulse instead of always on. We'll continue to look into this boost and will modify it further if it continues to cause frustration.
  • Titan Balancing:
  • Rebalanced Legion
  • Rebalanced Tone
  • Due to player feedback we’ve tweaked the balancing on both of these Titans. We’ll continue to watch player feedback and address as needed.
  • Pilot Changes: Anti-Titan and Grenadier weapons once again restore ammo when embarking into your Titan. Rebalanced Amped LMGs.
  • Last Titan Standing: Fixed an issue with bad start spawns on Exoplanet. Fixed an issue that was causing round 1 to start while people were still connecting.
  • Menus: Fixed an issue with camos that would result in players not being able to clear the "NEW" message.
  • Last but not least…You can now play Private Match Solo!
Shoutout to the amazing folks on the dev team for hustling on this. They are wizards.
Enjoy and keep the feedback coming.

Top Bottom