• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I regenerated to G3.0 today.

In CoD games I usually get bored just after or even slightly before the first prestige. But this TF2 has its hooks in me. I can see playing this for months.

Mupod

What mode are you playing. I have never had a spawn problem but i dont play pilotvpilot or bountyhunt very often

I mostly stick to bounty hunt. I switch to attrition if it feels like I'm playing against the same team over and over - attrition tends to have triple the player count of BH in the data center I play on.

edit: It's only really annoying in Bounty Hunt because your $600 can become $30 very quickly with a series of unfortunate spawns. I once killed one pilot so many times that my announcer proudly stated I was dominating that pilot and they were no threat to me. The game then had that pilot immediately respawn behind me while I was still reloading my LMG from killing them, which sent me into a death spiral of dropping me in the middle of 3 enemy titans over and over.

In Destiny this only happened when your team got extremely spread out. I'm guessing this is what's happening, but players are so mobile and the map icons can be misleading so people can get spread all over the place really fast.

Had a couple of good games with some GAF people last night.

Really enjoying Northstar. I had a hard time using her at first but her cluster missile core is so soo good. Especially great in maps with narrow corridors.

ryan299

I'm really not a fan of the Titan gameplay in this. Just not fun to me. All of them are too easy to destroy and the lack of customizable loadouts sucks.

KodaRuss

I hope all the Americans on TitanGaf are voting today.

I know who I am voting for.

brtvDBX.png

Gator86

I regenerated to G3.0 today.

In CoD games I usually get bored just after or even slightly before the first prestige. But this TF2 has its hooks in me. I can see playing this for months.

I'm about to hit gen 3 as well. Just a stellar game, even for all the nitpicks I have. Top 3 of the year, along with Overwatch and Deus Ex, for me.

I mostly stick to bounty hunt. I switch to attrition if it feels like I'm playing against the same team over and over - attrition tends to have triple the player count of BH in the data center I play on.

edit: It's only really annoying in Bounty Hunt because your $600 can become $30 very quickly with a series of unfortunate spawns. I once killed one pilot so many times that my announcer proudly stated I was dominating that pilot and they were no threat to me. The game then had that pilot immediately respawn behind me while I was still reloading my LMG from killing them, which sent me into a death spiral of dropping me in the middle of 3 enemy titans over and over.

In Destiny this only happened when your team got extremely spread out. I'm guessing this is what's happening, but players are so mobile and the map icons can be misleading so people can get spread all over the place really fast.
Shitty. BH makes me rage so i don't play it really.

E92 M3

I'm really not a fan of the Titan gameplay in this. Just not fun to me. All of them are too easy to destroy and the lack of customizable loadouts sucks.

Don't run straight into the enemy. Understand the weaknesses and strengths of your opponents.

Got put a little thought into it ;)

deoee

Someone please convince me to use something besides Tone. I'm about to hit g2 with it and every other titan is still lvl 1...

Scorch and Ronin look way more badass

Also Tone is imo really boring to play, it's my least fav.
I wish the others were as strong (in more situations) as Tone

Become One lol

Know whatyour titan can and cant do. I see soo many scorches and northstars rushing straight into hot zones. People rushing at a legion down a corridor and people chasing scorch right into his traps or flame shield. Batteries are also important. Knowing titan match ups is key and baiting certain abilities in order to counter goes a long way

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is there any reason to use the R201 over the CAR?

I'm primarily a CAR user but I've been trying the former and I can't tell if it's actually better in any way.

Gator86

Someone please convince me to use something besides Tone. I'm about to hit g2 with it and every other titan is still lvl 1...

Tone is still ridiculous good and easy to use, but pretty boring. Fire sonar, drop two shots, dash back into cover while firing missiles into the air. Repeat. Dash wall if receiving too much damage. All of the other titans feel way more dynamic to play compared with Tone's 1,2,3,1,2,3....

Revas

For those curious: "She is the most beautiful star in the night sky. Oh Northstar, Angel of Death."

There are some pretty damn good players in Japan, but yeah, I get into games sometimes where I'm just murdering people for doing idiotic things.

The Northstar love makes my heart warm.

It would also be hard to have that combat sequence have much of an impact. Unless pilots were frequently used it does not seem worth programming pilot AI only for the player to one shot them and move on.

They saved pilot v pilot campaign interactions for Titanfall 3 :)

Revas

Bear in mind that the game selling poorly is based on the UK charts that tracked it for two days (Fri and Sat) and didn't even count digital. EA, nor Respawn has commented on any yet. I gather, it might not be selling a boatload, but it's not the super trainwreck some on GAF are assuming.

It's compounded by articles, videos, etc. which are also based on that analyst firm estimates that TF2 will "disappoint" in sales since it won't sell 9m units, but "only" 6-7m. I've said it before, but I know for a fact that Respawn didn't spend Call of Duty-level money to develop the game, and the dev team is significantly smaller, too.

Apparently the game was out of stock on amazon (it's currently in stock for Xbox and PC), that is anecdotal evidence that it can't be doing that bad.

Schlorgan

Bear in mind that the game selling poorly is based on the UK charts that tracked it for two days (Fri and Sat) and didn't even count digital. EA, nor Respawn has commented on any yet. I gather, it might not be selling a boatload, but it's not the super trainwreck some on GAF are assuming.

It's compounded by articles, videos, etc. which are also based on that analyst firm estimates that TF2 will "disappoint" in sales since it won't sell 9m units, but "only" 6-7m. I've said it before, but I know for a fact that Respawn didn't spend Call of Duty-level money to develop the game, and the dev team is significantly smaller, too.

Your analysis in this and other threads is better thought out than the ones in any of those articles.

I miss how the MP had a narrative, with one side being clearly IMC, with IMC ships, npcs, etc, the other being the Militia. Instead now it's just random pilots and mechs fighting each other? And no matter what side you play, on, you are playing the Militia?

So does every side see their npc bot friendlies as militia, and enemy side are colored like IMC? Cause I assume it's a visual thing that only the player sees, since the NPC's on my side are always militia team.

Just one of many little annoying changes.

IMC 4 Lyfe

Xater

I miss how the MP had a narrative, with one side being clearly IMC, with IMC ships, npcs, etc, the other being the Militia. Instead now it's just random pilots and mechs fighting each other? And no matter what side you play, on, you are playing the Militia?

Just one of many little annoying changes.

IMC 4 Lyfe

Uuuh no, you can clearly pick the faction you play for.

E92 M3

I'm primarily a CAR user but I've been trying the former and I can't tell if it's actually better in any way.

Use whatever you're comfortable with. Any one weapon is good in the right hands. I prefer SMGs.

Gator86

R201 is better at range. You should generally beat SMG users from a distance with it. It's not objectively better or anything, but it's a top tier weapon in all contexts.

Reebot

Why do so many maps just have flat empty space sprawling out across the terrain?

I cannot imagine the thought process there. Its just free kills if you're even somewhat able to aim properly.

Why do so many maps just have flat empty space sprawling out across the terrain?

I cannot imagine the thought process there. Its just free kills if you're even somewhat able to aim properly.

Giant open areas, then totally tight corridor areas. Your titans are either out in open at all times, or your stuck in a canyon of some sort with no place to maneuver.

All the maps really suck for Titans, some are ok for pilot play, but all the maps are shitty when it comes to Titan piloting. TF1 maps were so much better laid out, your Titans had lots of area to move, while also being able to always have cover when needed.

Top Bottom