• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Meccs

It's pretty weird. On one hand I think the maps are a bit too small, yet I'm having a hard time finding anyone to kill. I don't know how people can rack up so many kills. Is the number just for pilots or everything? Anyway, where do they hide? lol

It's pretty weird. On one hand I think the maps are a bit too small, yet I'm having a hard time finding anyone to kill. I don't know how people can rack up so many kills. Is the number just for pilots or everything? Anyway, where do they hide? lol

Check your minimap and see where the Orange lights indicate towards. That usually means enemy activity in that direction.

TheRed

They must have tuned matchmaking bc everyone playing was ripping me apart.

I changed the fov from 70 to 110 but it gave me a bit of motion sickness and made the game feel like i was going at twice the speed as normal.
Definitely 110 is too high for me in any game. Around 90 is just right. I have mine set to 94 now and irs been good.

TheRed

The player counts are fine. You will find games.

Why would you even buy a game if you intend to return it before you even played it?
Yeah what hell isn't PS4 the one with most players? Even if not you don't need 500,000 people to play and enjoy the game. The only way it'll grow is if more people just get it.

The player counts are fine. You will find games.

Why would you even buy a game if you intend to return it before you even played it?

I have it on PC already. I know I'll find games, but the the bigger the player pool the more likely I am to get matched of my skill level. That is isn't really happening on PC right. I usually get destroyed and its stopped being fun. I bought when I was sort of drunk, so yeah I feel like returning it now that I'm sober, but I won't if the player count is decent I think.

Meccs

Can anyone explain Bounty to me? Should I focus on the NPC spawns, what gives most $$$? If you don't bank your money it never gets added to the total? And if I die I lose a bit that is not banked? It's a bit weird that this mode isn't explained properly.

Some of you guys might find this strange but I'm finally finding some enjoyment in this game now that I'm playing Pilot vs Pilot. I just don't enjoy vehicles in shooters and that includes giant robots. They just get in the way of what I enjoy most about shooters, which is me and my opponents trying to shoot each other.

I know that sounds dumb to say since the Titans are such a huge focus of this game. I bought it this game based on the great reviews, wanting a Pro enhanced game for my new PS4 Pro, and I needed to use my $10 PSN gift for something so I chose this. I was feeling some regret but I'm glad I was able to find something about the MP that I could enjoy.

Meccs

Some of you guys might find this strange but I'm finally finding some enjoyment in this game now that I'm playing Pilot vs Pilot. I just don't enjoy vehicles in shooters and that includes giant robots. They just get in the way of what I enjoy most about shooters, which is me and my opponents trying to shoot each other.

It was worse in TF1 imho but yes I agree. It creates a slight imbalance where when the enemy team has a few titans quickly you tend to never come back from it.

Catvoca

Banned

If there were maps designed around PVP then i'd probably play that quite a bit, but the current maps are so big and slow without Titans.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Oh hey, forgot to mention. LTS changed to BEST OF 5!??! WHO THE FUCK ASKED FOR THAT? Best of 7 made for some epic matches. Best of 5 just feels bad and casual to the filthiest level. I don't get it at all.

As for new Titan kits, Burst Loader is ok. Threat Optics is completely useless. The Ion one is OK if you want to dump truck full energy into some unsuspecting sap but is still pretty sub-optimal. The new Scorch kit seems pretty useless, seems to last all of a second, and did maybe 1k more damage across two Titans just standing there? Legion's is totally awesome though. And he seems much more viable against Tone now. Gameplan is something along the lines of using the close range mode to burn down the shield and then pop Tone with the power shots. It seems like before it was kind of the opposite, power shots would help you get through the shields. But maybe I was doing it completely wrong, I don't know. My Legion use is a fairly new thing as he was the only Titan I didn't have to at least Gen 2. Sad!

Why on earth, now that there is a faq page, are some people still playing objective oriented modes like TDM? just had a guy who had 22 kills and 150 points in bounty hunt in my team, i don´t even know how that´s possible

Izuna

Banned
angel city truly does showcase glaring difference between titanfall 1 maps vs titanfall 2 maps.

there's no comparison. titanfall 2 maps are BAD.

Where was this Swol in the tech test?.

I agree so much... I don't want to play since my pre order isn't working.

Now we need a performance patch :S

I'm gunna test the tripmines tho. They seemed really broken yesterday

the next map should be Runoff. That'd be a great map for Titanfall 2.

Can I make out with you?

Naar

I just installed patch on ps pro and it says "this profile cannot play online" in the main menu screen :\

The launch button is greyed out too. What happened :(?

Oh hey, forgot to mention. LTS changed to BEST OF 5!??! WHO THE FUCK ASKED FOR THAT? Best of 7 made for some epic matches. Best of 5 just feels bad and casual to the filthiest level. I don't get it at all.

As for new Titan kits, Burst Loader is ok. Threat Optics is completely useless. The Ion one is OK if you want to dump truck full energy into some unsuspecting sap but is still pretty sub-optimal. The new Scorch kit seems pretty useless, seems to last all of a second, and did maybe 1k more damage across two Titans just standing there? Legion's is totally awesome though. And he seems much more viable against Tone now. Gameplan is something along the lines of using the close range mode to burn down the shield and then pop Tone with the power shots. It seems like before it was kind of the opposite, power shots would help you get through the shields. But maybe I was doing it completely wrong, I don't know. My Legion use is a fairly new thing as he was the only Titan I didn't have to at least Gen 2. Sad!

This is definitely an overreaction but I'm in agreement with regards to preferring the longer matches. It affords more opportunity for back and forth adaptation between teams.

One thing about LTS that kind of bugs me is that rounds end pretty quickly. I've had 1 vs 3 opportunities that didn't get the time to play out, where I had a decent shot of turning things around if the timer were a little longer. It makes sense to force the timer in games like Call of Duty or Rainbow Six, because the action can end quite quickly so it's feasible to win in 20 seconds or whatever time you have left, even if half of the enemy team is still up, but in LTS there are too many situations that you simply can't win in. I feel that the timer kills the opportunity for clutch plays in many instances and I don't really see why there needs to be a timer at all. Perhaps after the timer runs out an objective should appear like on Destiny where you have to capture a central point. At least allowing the matches to conclude with something interesting rather than 'oh, you ran out of time'.

I just installed patch on ps pro and it says "this profile cannot play online" in the main menu screen :\

The launch button is greyed out too. What happened :(?

Go to Network Settings on PS4, Test Connection a few times, go back in the game and multiplayer should work again.

KodaRuss

Why on earth, now that there is a faq page, are some people still playing objective oriented modes like TDM? just had a guy who had 22 kills and 150 points in bounty hunt in my team, i don´t even know how that´s possible

There was a guy on my team last night that had 29 kills in bounty hunt. 340 points...

Fortunately, I had 3300 points so we won but what the hell.

Top Bottom