• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

LOGIC ALERT

Don't nerf a gun that promotes movement on console while keeping guns that have insane aim assist and hit boxes so people can camp rooftops picking players off.

Hemlock/G2a can stay unchanged for PC play while being reduced on console. Same goes for Volt but only the reverse. Allow guns like the Volt to proliferate while reducing the obnoxious 1-2 shot kill weapons that require NO AIM and NO MOVEMENT for console play.

I'm confused on why this is so hard to grasp.

Anything that promotes more movement is good in my book.

Man, titan assists don't count towards weapon level now. Rip Thunderball.

Really? Why would Respawn do this? It lowers the quality of life and doesn't promote teamwork.

Is there any way to stick to pure attrition in Angel City? I can't be arse with these other modes...

Haha, I wish for that as well. Don't like bounty hunt and amped hardpoint.

deoee

The biggest problem with BH for me is getting to the bank.
I can have several hundred dollaros but I can't bank them because I don't have the timing down or die on my way there

persongr

Why on earth, now that there is a faq page, are some people still playing objective oriented modes like TDM? just had a guy who had 22 kills and 150 points in bounty hunt in my team, i don´t even know how that´s possible

I was thinking about this as well the other day. To be the devil's advocate, maybe their kills gave your team the chance to gather points and win the match since the opposing team was too busy constantly respawning. I mean, concentrating on kills in modes such as bounty hunt could be translated as a support role in the match? Maybe that's just an excuse I made for myself when I was just killing people and forgetting about the objective.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Was his name gamesager?

LOL! I saw some of his vids, but then also saw that almost all of them were Pilots vs Pilots and didn't watch further. I mean, in a game where you can call down mechs and do nasty shit, you opt for the most vanilla mode?? He can move well though.

I can have several hundred dollaros but I can't bank them because I don't have the timing down or die on my way there

Same. I just find depositing $$$ kills momentum. Same reason why I stick to Attrition.

I really hope Respawn can change the scoring in games. Not a big change, mind, but just make the numbers scale? Maybe instead of 10 points for a Titan kill, make it 100 and then have the cap score at 5000? That way, every damage done equates to score (ie: did 80 damage out of 100 health, you get 80 score, etc.). Should fix a lot of things wrong with the assists, etc.

Hmm yep, bought the rest of the customization packs. For a game this good, hell yeah I'll support it.

To whoever asked earlier - it does seem like Scorch is a bit faster now.

Glad the Angel City 24/7 playlist is gonna stick for a while, because holy shit does it feel amazing to chain wall runs without interruption.

Turns out it was the maps after all!

Also, to whoever suggested Bumper Jumper a while back - thanks! Still can't reliably wall run and shoot at the same time, but it makes maintaining control of your character so much easier.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

What I do is keep an eye on the wave meters, particularly the waves of grunts. When the last one is almost done instead of hunting for the last few grunts I make my way to a bank, and usually get there right before it opens. Then I'll patrol the bank area for a bit, you'll get a lot of joy out of making an extra deposit or 2 after stealing other players money. I know I do.

Also, map hack and pulse blade are your friend :)

deoee

What I do is keep an eye on the wave meters, particularly the waves of grunts. When the last one is almost done instead of hunting for the last few grunts I make my way to a bank, and usually get there right before it opens. Then I'll patrol the bank area for a bit, you'll get a lot of joy out of making an extra deposit or 2 after stealing other players money. I know I do.

Also, map hack and pulse blade are your friend :)

;) you're part of my problem :p

B3N1

I feel so stupid. Read on Youtube that the 5/6 Helmets on Effect and Cause are due to a bug. And I also checked for all of them. Never occured to me, that the first one only appears in
the past

1000G done. Game needs more achievements now. :D

OG Loc

I have finally found my groove in the multi-player last night. I'm only level 12 right now but holy shit does the alternator melt when hip fired.

PS4 here. I played TF1 on PC. Update seems great so far. Angel City is of course incredible. It's such a big map, but you never have to touch the group. I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

The only disappointment I have with the patch is the fact I can't use my 100 Killing Sprees Scorch skin on Scorch Prime. Any chance that will be changed in the future Respawn? It's a great skin that took me a while to get. I would love to use it on Scorch Prime.

LOGIC ALERT

Don't nerf a gun that promotes movement on console while keeping guns that have insane aim assist and hit boxes so people can camp rooftops picking players off.

Hemlock/G2a can stay unchanged for PC play while being reduced on console. Same goes for Volt but only the reverse. Allow guns like the Volt to proliferate while reducing the obnoxious 1-2 shot kill weapons that require NO AIM and NO MOVEMENT for console play.

I'm confused on why this is so hard to grasp.

Good post. As someone who played TF1 on PC and is now playing TF2 on PS4 I can't agree more. I can't speak for XBO, but I see more people try to bunker down on PS4 then take advantage of the movement system.

FoV at 90 on console is flawless, such an improvement. Also tweaked my control settings, made ADS a little snappier, the original difference between the non-ADS and ADS sensitivity was really grating at the beginning although I got used to it.

Really great patch all in all although there are a few things still on my list to be fixed:
-Pilot Sentry nerf (less health and/or slower kill time, less range)
-Slight Hemlock/G2 nerf (to promote more movement like SwolBro stated recently, A-Wall + Pilot Sentry + either of these weapons is a campers dream).
-A-Wall (just don't make it amp weapons)

Haven't used Volt since the nerf, is it still good?

One more thing, Rayme. I'm probably in the minority here so I doubt it will happen, but I would looooove the option to turn off the hitmarker (or make it smaller but I know that is even less possible). I just have a thing about hitmarkers, it takes me out of the game a bit beyond obstructing my view of the target. Something about it feels very mechanical and separated from the game world, kind of like the HUD but smack in the center of the screen.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
We found him boys.

The guy camping in the corner behind a turret with a devotion.

Get em.

Haha. Nah. I'm a Hemlock and Grapple hook kinda guy.

My second two classes are

CAR and Sonar
LSTAR and Stim

I'm not good at camping or sniping in TF.

That said, I do like how sentries work, denying me lanes of the map and forcing me to pathfind a way around to the back of the turret to nuetrilize it. Keeps me on my toes. I think they make the game more dynamic.

EL CUCO

When you use a Coliseum ticket, after the first match, if you don't back out does it continue to use up a ticket?

Edit: I see it does.

Meccs

Bounty Hunt is pretty ridiculous if the titans can simply camp the banks with their weapons hanging through the windows. That should not be possible.

Bounty Hunt is pretty ridiculous if the titans can simply camp the banks with their weapons hanging through the windows. That should not be possible.

these are the easiest to bring down IMO.

Im much more worried going to a bank with a tone far away popping shots near the room. Hang with your gun in the window? Im jumping on you.

I was thinking about this as well the other day. To be the devil's advocate, maybe their kills gave your team the chance to gather points and win the match since the opposing team was too busy constantly respawning. I mean, concentrating on kills in modes such as bounty hunt could be translated as a support role in the match? Maybe that's just an excuse I made for myself when I was just killing people and forgetting about the objective.

The problems are not the kills per se, are the 150 points, i rarely do less than 1000 points and i´m pretty bad at pilot vs pilot, shot some other thing from time to time, each npc you shoot adds to the overall results, a titan has 500 points to add to the score even if you don´t bank nothing, just shooting the damn titan gives points to the team, i did 2200 or so points and the next two guys nearly 1000 each and we lost the game for less than 200 hundred, dude shoot something without a tag name from time to time

Izuna

Banned
Can I be real here? Northstar's changes are really good. Flight Core is super useful now.

Melee is awesome working properly. It's still a little off for Titans, but Pilot melee allows me to play this game properly. gif soon.

E92 M3

Anyone know how Tone was nerfed? Playing her and it doesn't feel any different than before.

Rockets seem a little weaker.

FoV at 90 on console is flawless, such an improvement. Also tweaked my control settings, made ADS a little snappier, the original difference between the non-ADS and ADS sensitivity was really grating at the beginning although I got used to it.

Really great patch all in all although there are a few things still on my list to be fixed:
-Slight Hemlock/G2 nerf (to promote more movement like SwolBro stated recently, A-Wall + Pilot Sentry + either of these weapons is a campers dream).

One more thing, Rayme. I'm probably in the minority here so I doubt it will happen, but I would looooove the option to turn off the hitmarker (or make it smaller but I know that is even less possible). I just have a thing about hitmarkers, it takes me out of the game a bit beyond obstructing my view of the target. Something about it feels very mechanical and separated from the game world, kind of like the HUD but smack in the center of the screen.

Wait a second...A-wall amps weapons?!

deoee

Can I be real here? Northstar's changes are really good. Flight Core is super useful now.

Melee is awesome working properly. It's still a little off for Titans, but Pilot melee allows me to play this game properly. gif soon.

But the new passive is kinda useless :(

Drewfonse

Is your ADS sensitivity higher than your regular one or vice versa?

deoee

gYKjBB4.jpg

RedFury

Does owning the deluxe edition net me more stuff now? Games telling me i already own ion and scorch prime yet I haven't bought them...
If so fuck me man. I have deluxe and was under the impression we were but before the update I checked the store and they were not "purchased" so I bought them. If your telling me I paid 10 bucks for something I already owned that really sucks.

E92 M3

I think the a actually stands for amped :p Yeah, it's so OP

It's higher than it was before, but it's definitely still slower than regular turning speed. It should be for more refined aim but the difference was just too great before.

My goodness, that explains why I hate those Devotion wall people lol.

Yes, Respawn is absolutely the best.

Lol? How did you not know this? Crash Site, A-Wall + Hemlock... RIP

I never tried the thing and never in my wildest dream did I think it amps weapons as well. Now I really want to try it with archer rockets and annoy Titans lol.

Meccs

Just finished playing my first 3.5 hours of this game in MP and not sure what to make of it. I thought TF1 was ok-ish. Should have known that I will probably think the same of TF2. Can't put my finger on it... it's probably a bit too frantic for me. It's cool playing like that for an hour or so but after that it gets old fairly quick.

The spawn are pretty bad on some maps. There is nothing more frustrating getting killed in Bounty Hunt and respawning right next to a titan. More so than on other modes since all you did is just for nothing and you couldn't even do anything about it.

Izuna

Banned
Tripwires are fine, it was just lag yesterday.

Almost Gen 4. At 80% win rate now (I'm not quitting COmplex games anymore).

My Custom Sensitivity Options has made me fucking godlike at this home, holy hell.

Also, Northstar should be nerfed.
WZmoqwd.gif

4w4LTcA.gif

What really makes Northstar Strong is the fact that Nuclear, Tripwire AND self-damaging with the Cluster all go hand in hand lol

----------

And finally, melee range is super good. <3 How tf can be standing ON something and punch my way down? lmao

A1pVisp.gif

wwwwwww

I want Japanese voice selection in-game.

hear4beer

If so fuck me man. I have deluxe and was under the impression we were but before the update I checked the store and they were not "purchased" so I bought them. If your telling me I paid 10 bucks for something I already owned that really sucks.

I checked the store after updating this morning and had it unlocked from the get go.

Top Bottom