• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Menome

Played a bit this morning and I think the Tone changes seem to be fair, having mained it since starting MP at the weekend. A little less survivability helps it feel a little less OP.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Fucking loving this update. Buying every pack just to support Respawn.

That said, my ION Red Barron Skin is equipped, but it no longer shows up in the customization screen. So I'm afraid to unequip it and not be able to equip it again...

Known issue?

E92 M3

Played a bit this morning and I think the Tone changes seem to be fair, having mained it since starting MP at the weekend. A little less survivability helps it feel a little less OP.

Tone is certainly a little weaker, but I feel that good strategies can still prevail which makes me happy.

jeffc919

Just finished playing my first 3.5 hours of this game in MP and not sure what to make of it. I thought TF1 was ok-ish. Should have known that I will probably think the same of TF2. Can't put my finger on it... it's probably a bit too frantic for me. It's cool playing like that for an hour or so but after that it gets old fairly quick.

I'll get shit (again) I'm sure for not playing the game the supposed "right way" but you don't have to play at a frantic pace bouncing off the walls 100% of the time. I play a more defensive and grounded style, using the movement system for evasion, pursuit, and changing positions. Most of my kills are with 2 feet on the ground and traditional strafing if necessary. I had a 3.3 k/d in TF1 and have a 2.2 k/d (and climbing) in TF2. I think the very best players will always be the more aggressive ones flying around the map but I bet most players would find they would actually be better at the game if they slowed down just a little and played with a more measured approach. Just to be clear, I'm not saying you should camp. Aside from being cheap I don't think it's very effective, especially with some of the changes in the sequel (no suppressors, etc.) But I try to use my map awareness to give myself an advantage in as many encounters as possible. Watch the radar, keep cover and/or minions/teammates protecting my back side, throw pulse blades toward the suspected enemy locations, move from cover to cover after kills, run away from enemy pulses, avoid getting caught out in the open especially when the enemy has Titans, in certain cases let an aggressive enemy come to you, etc.

Gator86

Tripwires are fine, it was just lag yesterday.

Almost Gen 4. At 80% win rate now (I'm not quitting COmplex games anymore).

My Custom Sensitivity Options has made me fucking godlike at this home, holy hell.

Also, Northstar should be nerfed.
WZmoqwd.gif

4w4LTcA.gif

What really makes Northstar Strong is the fact that Nuclear, Tripwire AND self-damaging with the Cluster all go hand in hand lol

----------

And finally, melee range is super good. <3 How tf can be standing ON something and punch my way down? lmao

A1pVisp.gif

wwwwwww

I want Japanese voice selection in-game.

What did you change on your sensitivity options? I didn't have time to really mess around with them last night.

IISANDERII

I don't like so many changes like this. I was late to the game and don't have much time to devote to it either, I felt like I was always playing catch up to other players, always behind the curve. Not to mention that so many players also played the original Titanfall, which I didn't. So just as I'm beginning to get a comfortable grasp on Titanfall 2, they add this update and I fall further behind, back to square one. Not to mention everybody getting tons of credits, advocate rewards and banners while I hardly got any. I like the game but this has taken some enjoyment out of it for me.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I don't like so many changes like this. I was late to the game and don't have much time to devote to it either, I felt like I was always playing catch up to other players, always behind the curve. Not to mention that so many players also played the original Titanfall, which I didn't. So just as I'm beginning to get a comfortable grasp on Titanfall 2, they add this update and I fall further behind, back to square one. Not to mention everybody getting tons of credits, advocate rewards and banners while I hardly got any. I like the game but this has taken some enjoyment out of it for me.

I don't understand...

Is this a serious post?

Recreat3

Damnnn i just played two quick matches of attrition and the mp seems to give me a huge adrenaline rush, so fast paced. Im not sure if i like so much adrenaline from gaming haha.

E92 M3

People got gifts that were glitched for them. Before the update, I was missing a ton. I don't understand the rest of your post. It's just like any other shooter where people that play everyday get better.

Izuna

Banned

Honestly, not much has changed. Things getting nerfed doesn't affect you learning how to play the game.

Everything else means nothing, really :s

Tiny changes . Game plays the same. This is a patch done right

Meccs

I'll get shit (again) I'm sure for not playing the game the supposed "right way" but you don't have to play at a frantic pace bouncing off the walls 100% of the time. I play a more defensive and grounded style, using the movement system for evasion, pursuit, and changing positions. Most of my kills are with 2 feet on the ground and traditional strafing if necessary. I had a 3.3 k/d in TF1 and have a 2.2 k/d (and climbing) in TF2. I think the very best players will always be the more aggressive ones flying around the map but I bet most players would find they would actually be better at the game if they slowed down just a little and played with a more measured approach. Just to be clear, I'm not saying you should camp. Aside from being cheap I don't think it's very effective, especially with some of the changes in the sequel (no suppressors, etc.) But I try to use my map awareness to give myself an advantage in as many encounters as possible. Watch the radar, keep cover and/or minions/teammates protecting my back side, throw pulse blades toward the suspected enemy locations, move from cover to cover after kills, run away from enemy pulses, avoid getting caught out in the open especially when the enemy has Titans, in certain cases let an aggressive enemy come to you, etc.

I think you are right. I can hold my own in a 1v1 but I'm having a hard time actually engaging anyone. Meaning I'm looking for things to kill and can't find anyone. lol... I need to play more to get a hang of the maps and watch the radar. Slowing down a bit is most likely the best advice.

Izuna

Banned
k/d in modes like Bounty Hunt and Attrition really don't matter... just FYI. If I can suicide by kill 2 Reapers and an Auto-Titan, I will.

E92 M3

I think it will be healthier for the game to have the auto-turrets nerfed. They don't bug me that much, but their presence demotivates players to move.

kami_sama

I think it will be healthier for the game to have the auto-turrets nerfed. They don't bug me that much, but their presence demotivates players to move.

Yes, please. I hate when the enemy puts them on the roof where a hardpoint or flag is on.

Also, I ask, what are the changes to tone? I've used her exclusively since I started lol.

Izuna

Banned

you're funny

honestly, I find them annoying af myself, but w/e

Northstar has no issues fucking them up

B3N1

03xyGNo.gif

This map should have 'Operation' in its name...

I also played a PvP on Blackwater Canal against what seemed to be like 6 Hemloks on rooftops. Absolute cancer. Could hardly move an inch there. I guess with the free weekend we'll be getting more of that.

And yeah, turrets are shitty to play against, but I'm rather taking those when Battery is not an option, because when I activate Amped Weapons I get killed on the next corner.

dankir

Bro the game has been out for 3 weeks, we all have to adjust to the changes. I'd rather them make changes now and everybody is on the same field.

And who cares about banners and shit? People got all the gifts and merits because we've earned them, they just didn't unlock correctly the first time. They weren't given out randomly.

Go back and continue playing, I don't know what you're thinking but these changes aren't that significant and change the gameplay so its completely different from what we've been exposed to.

Turrets are easy to deal with, unless they get put on a rooftop that has a wall around it. The turrets track too fast and the quick TTK in the game makes them pretty much insta kill of anyone who jumps over a wall.

You can Friend me.

SCHWABADELIC

I don't get a lot of time to play games during the weak but when I do, its Titanfall 2.

You can Friend me.

SCHWABADELIC

I don't get a lot of time to play games during the weak but when I do, its Titanfall 2.

Do you guys think we should get a big group chat going like the Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege communities? It can help bring players together and I don't think the network features in game are good enough, since people are in different networks, and not always online on the game, but may be available to play from other games, etc.

They encourage movement in every game I've faced them. They deny some space and force movement and sometimes teamwork. A nerf will destroy any use for them. Maybe dont make them stack? That's the only thing that wont make them a wast of a boost

They're annoying as hell in pvp because there's no titans to easily destroy them

They also take a load of pilot damage, although I feel like that was nerfed

Man, titan assists don't count towards weapon level now. Rip Thunderball.
Okay that's dumb as fuck.

I could do 90% of the damage and then someone swoops in for a kill and I don't get a level up for the weapon? Lol. Did anyone ask for this change? Like a single person?

Do titan assists increase the titan level at least? What about pilot assists for regular weapons?

Greddleok

So assists do what now? Slightly increase my chance of getting a titan fall or core? Assists piss me off, they just feel like I've been robbed.

KingV

Random question: I've started to play around with using ejection offensively even when not doomed, but it seems like it's not a nuclear ejection when you force it to happen early and just does a regular ejection. Is anyone else seeing the same thing, or am I doing something wrong?

I feel like it'd be a great tool for a ronin or Northstar, especially in bounty hunt where it basically gives you a new titan straight away.

Random question: I've started to play around with using ejection offensively even when not doomed, but it seems like it's not a nuclear ejection when you force it to happen early and just does a regular ejection. Is anyone else seeing the same thing, or am I doing something wrong?

I feel like it'd be a great tool for a ronin or Northstar, especially in bounty hunt where it basically gives you a new titan straight away.

Can you even eject when not in the doomed state? I've had that happen once or twice trying to reload, but I just thought it was glitched since I was maybe a tick or two from doomed.

Revas

People only received the advocate gifts that weren't issued to them due to bugs, if you didn't get anything you weren't owed anything, how could you possibly take issue with that? If you don't have as much time as others to dedicate to the game, you'll always be a little behind, the patch didn't change the game that significantly if you enjoy the game just play it.

Oh turrets don't belong in the game in their current form? You don't say.

If I am remembering right it would be a nuke with a forced eject in the first game, maybe they felt like that was too OP and removed it so you can't run in and force a nuke.

Why? I really don't know.

Izuna

Banned

Manual ejection doesn't activate it, no ;(

I hate this change. Northstar is fine because of the Clusters doing self-damage, but it's a stupid decision imo

Carm

Hoping some can answers some questions and offer some advice. I initially had no intention of buying TF2 just gamefly'd to do campaign and played 6 LTS matches then sent back. Psn had the TF2/bf1 bundle and for some reason I pulled the trigger, now to the questions.

1. Obviously I want jump on the shoulder button, I've repeatedly seen people suggest Bumper Jumper. When I played the campaign I used the Evolved control scheme instead. My thinking at the time was that having crouch on right stick meant I never have to remove it when crouch sliding. Is there a reason to use B Jumper over Evolve I'm not seeing?

2. Does the game have penalties for not using ADS?

3. Auto Sprint, I vaguely remember reading to leaving that on even with the penalty?

4. As someone that struggles with aiming with a controller compared to a m/kb against human opponents, should I leave sensitivity, sensitivity(ads), and response curve at default settings? I've only played Overwatch on consoles but its been since early summer since I've played.

Advice section

For someone new would a car/something launcher be a good starting point? Better to use ADS with car or is hipfire fine?

What about Pilot skill load outs, for tact I'm thinking stim or maybe grapple, though fluid movement is not great atm so thinking stim.

What about kit choices? Right now I have power cell/fast regent open and kill report/wall hang. I'm guessing cell/report until low profile is unlocked?

Titan usage, the LTS I played I used Tone only, but I'm wanting to try Ion as well. Good starting kit for these two for someone that will be struggling for awhile?

What about boost after I unlock them?

Any help appreciated

biteren

Hoping some can answers some questions and offer some advice. I initially had no intention of buying TF2 just gamefly'd to do campaign and played 6 LTS matches then sent back. Psn had the TF2/bf1 bundle and for some reason I pulled the trigger, now to the questions.

1. Obviously I want jump on the shoulder button, I've repeatedly seen people suggest Bumper Jumper. When I played the campaign I used the Evolved control scheme instead. My thinking at the time was that having crouch on right stick meant I never have to remove it when crouch sliding. Is there a reason to use B Jumper over Evolve I'm not seeing?

2. Does the game have penalties for not using ADS?

3. Auto Sprint, I vaguely remember reading to leaving that on even with the penalty?

4. As someone that struggles with aiming with a controller compared to a m/kb against human opponents, should I leave sensitivity, sensitivity(ads), and response curve at default settings? I've only played Overwatch on consoles but its been since early summer since I've played.

Advice section

For someone new would a car/something launcher be a good starting point? Better to use ADS with car or is hipfire fine?

What about Pilot skill load outs, for tact I'm thinking stim or maybe grapple, though fluid movement is not great atm so thinking stim.

What about kit choices? Right now I have power cell/fast regent open and kill report/wall hang. I'm guessing cell/report until low profile is unlocked?

Titan usage, the LTS I played I used Tone only, but I'm wanting to try Ion as well. Good starting kit for these two for someone that will be struggling for awhile?

What about boost after I unlock them?

Any help appreciated

i can tell you that hipfire in this game is very good and some weapons are built with that in mind (C.A.R, VOLT)

these weapons are hipfire effective even at mid rang

Top Bottom