• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Okay that's dumb as fuck.

I could do 90% of the damage and then someone swoops in for a kill and I don't get a level up for the weapon? Lol. Did anyone ask for this change? Like a single person?

Do titan assists increase the titan level at least? What about pilot assists for regular weapons?

Same applies to regular weapons. Says it was a bug before. I hate this bug fix, shouldnt been a bug in the first place.

Hoping some can answers some questions and offer some advice. I initially had no intention of buying TF2 just gamefly'd to do campaign and played 6 LTS matches then sent back. Psn had the TF2/bf1 bundle and for some reason I pulled the trigger, now to the questions.

1. Obviously I want jump on the shoulder button, I've repeatedly seen people suggest Bumper Jumper. When I played the campaign I used the Evolved control scheme instead. My thinking at the time was that having crouch on right stick meant I never have to remove it when crouch sliding. Is there a reason to use B Jumper over Evolve I'm not seeing?

2. Does the game have penalties for not using ADS?

3. Auto Sprint, I vaguely remember reading to leaving that on even with the penalty?

4. As someone that struggles with aiming with a controller compared to a m/kb against human opponents, should I leave sensitivity, sensitivity(ads), and response curve at default settings? I've only played Overwatch on consoles but its been since early summer since I've played.

Advice section

For someone new would a car/something launcher be a good starting point? Better to use ADS with car or is hipfire fine?

What about Pilot skill load outs, for tact I'm thinking stim or maybe grapple, though fluid movement is not great atm so thinking stim.

What about kit choices? Right now I have power cell/fast regent open and kill report/wall hang. I'm guessing cell/report until low profile is unlocked?

Titan usage, the LTS I played I used Tone only, but I'm wanting to try Ion as well. Good starting kit for these two for some that will be struggling for awhile?

Any help appreciated

1. I prefer Evolved myself, and the only drawback I've experienced is adjusting aim for melee.
2. Hip fire is really good in this game, especially for the SMGs.
3. Never turned on auto-sprint so can't comment.
4. I don't have a gaming pc so all my shooters are played on console. You can mess around with the sensitivities, and Respawn actually just added a lot more options for doing that.

As for loadouts, it really depends on your playstyle. I usually suggest using cloak tactical for newer players while they learn the pace of the game and to help with survivability. My favorites are still stim and phase shift.

All of the options in Kit 1 are viable so whether it's power cell or health regen is up to you. For kit 2, low profile is definitely the best, but for starters I prefer kill report over wall hang. Wall hang leaves you open and kill report can help you with enemy locations.

The starting guns are all effective in this game so don't worry too much about unlocks when you start. Ion is a good starting Titan, but you will find a lot of success with Tone once you unlock her.

Hoping some can answers some questions and offer some advice. I initially had no intention of buying TF2 just gamefly'd to do campaign and played 6 LTS matches then sent back. Psn had the TF2/bf1 bundle and for some reason I pulled the trigger, now to the questions.

1. Obviously I want jump on the shoulder button, I've repeatedly seen people suggest Bumper Jumper. When I played the campaign I used the Evolved control scheme instead. My thinking at the time was that having crouch on right stick meant I never have to remove it when crouch sliding. Is there a reason to use B Jumper over Evolve I'm not seeing?

3. Auto Sprint, I vaguely remember reading to leaving that on even with the penalty?

4. As someone that struggles with aiming with a controller compared to a m/kb against human opponents, should I leave sensitivity, sensitivity(ads), and response curve at default settings? I've only played Overwatch on consoles but its been since early summer since I've played.

Advice section

For someone new would a car/something launcher be a good starting point? Better to use ADS with car or is hipfire fine?

What about Pilot skill load outs, for tact I'm thinking stim or maybe grapple, though fluid movement is not great atm so thinking stim.

What about kit choices? Right now I have power cell/fast regent open and kill report/wall hang. I'm guessing cell/report until low profile is unlocked?

Titan usage, the LTS I played I used Tone only, but I'm wanting to try Ion as well. Good starting kit for these two for someone that will be struggling for awhile?

What about boost after I unlock them?

Any help appreciated

1. Having melee on RS is better than on B, but bhoping would be harder with LB+B so YMMV, but if you are new to the game, bhopping actually should not be your priorities yet so not really that bad.

2. depending on the weapon, SMGs, full auto rifles, certain LMGs and Shotguns have very accurate hipfire so you dont have to ADS, precision weapons like the G2 and Hemlok however, dont have good hipfire and you should ADS with them.

3. Use manual sprint, auto sprint works against your wallrunning and bhopping.

4. Yes leave them at default, and use lower sens as a start, 4 is a pretty good number.

For CAR, never ADS in close/mid range, only ADS at long engagement, it is insanely accurate when ADS so dont be afraid to trade shots with R201 users.

All 4 Tier 1 kits are good, depends on your playstyle. Power cell when you dont have Tactikill on your gun, Fast regen for the rest, phase embark for LTS.

Ion is very versatile and you can't go wrong with any of her kits as well, I'd argue zero cost tripwire is a bit weak, I personally use amped vortext shield, practice your laser shot sniping and you'll be a nightmare for Legion and Scorches.

Definitely get Backup Battery first, best overall boost in the game.

B3N1

Advice section

Titan usage, the LTS I played I used Tone only, but I'm wanting to try Ion as well. Good starting kit for these two for someone that will be struggling for awhile?

Any help appreciated

1. Evolved is better since you need to use slide here.
2. Depends. On ARs, for more than 7m you'll want to use ADS, on SMGs, I don't even bother. It affects spread in a differently for the weapon classes.
3. However you feel, I think FrothyOmen said manual sprint helps with bunny hopping.
4. That depends on you preferences, I think the game is twitchy enough to go a bit higher than default (I'm using 6, with classic, non-advanced)

Forget ADS with CAR, the movement/FoV (if latter is still there) penalty isn't worth it imo. It's precise enough from the hip.

Stim's good, try Phase Shift later, that was my go-to, it's the most versatile ability. I'm doing Stim now with the high FoV.

Even with cell, Stim fills really slow for me, so I didn't change it. Ever. I like Kill Report, but as soon as I get the credits I'm switching over to Stealth Kit for the Rodeo bonus.

Izuna

Banned
That sucks. I really like the idea of a suicide ronin. Really plays to his strengths.

Be a Northstar instead. It's way too easy to get out the way of a Nuclear in this game. Open maps everywhere etc.

--

also y'all need to claw. Seriously

That sucks. I really like the idea of a suicide ronin. Really plays to his strengths.

Suicide ronin is an actual thing though. Since you have to get up close, you'll lose a lot of health and end up having to eject anyway. With nuclear, you can get another titanfall almost instantaneously if you space yourself right.

Rayme

What's the sweet spot for the FOV slider for you guys/gals?

Everyone has their preference, but the distance you sit from your screen (how much of it fills your vision) is going to be a big factor for comfort too. If you're 1 foot away from a 45-inch screen... yeah; crank that sucker to 110.

One more thing, Rayme. I'm probably in the minority here so I doubt it will happen, but I would looooove the option to turn off the hitmarker (or make it smaller but I know that is even less possible). I just have a thing about hitmarkers, it takes me out of the game a bit beyond obstructing my view of the target. Something about it feels very mechanical and separated from the game world, kind of like the HUD but smack in the center of the screen.

That doesn't sound unreasonable. Let me ask; it might just not have come up yet (or there may be Very Good Reasons, so fair warning).

That said, my ION Red Barron Skin is equipped, but it no longer shows up in the customization screen. So I'm afraid to unequip it and not be able to equip it again...

Known issue?

The game knows to give that to you (or not) because "Origin says you played BF1". If Origin is having issues then it'll be hidden temporarily. It should come back soon (if it's not back already).

I don't like so many changes like this. I was late to the game and don't have much time to devote to it either, I felt like I was always playing catch up to other players, always behind the curve. Not to mention that so many players also played the original Titanfall, which I didn't. So just as I'm beginning to get a comfortable grasp on Titanfall 2, they add this update and I fall further behind, back to square one.

You need to ease up on yourself; you're certainly not back to square one. =)
What you've learned and skilled-up in is 100% valid.
(Also; new changes are arguably more equalizing for new players, but I don't think that's a big factor here.)

Not to mention everybody getting tons of credits, advocate rewards and banners while I hardly got any. I like the game but this has taken some enjoyment out of it for me.

Those are Advocate Gifts that the players had already earned. They were supposed to already have them, and this made things (retroactively) right. There's nothing wrong with that.

No_Style

Normally, I'd be with you guys and use Evolved but I'm finding melee far too important in this game to map it off R3.

Not at home at the moment, so can someone tell me what the default FOV is?I'm pretty content with the default but I might bump it up to 90.

I don't like so many changes like this. I was late to the game and don't have much time to devote to it either, I felt like I was always playing catch up to other players, always behind the curve. Not to mention that so many players also played the original Titanfall, which I didn't. So just as I'm beginning to get a comfortable grasp on Titanfall 2, they add this update and I fall further behind, back to square one. Not to mention everybody getting tons of credits, advocate rewards and banners while I hardly got any. I like the game but this has taken some enjoyment out of it for me.

The changes are significant but it shouldn't fundamentally knock you back to square one per se. It does take a while to get a grasp on how this game flows though. I never played the original TitanFall but I was familiar with other wall running from games like BLOPS3 and it took me to about level 35 - 40 before I felt I had a handle and level of comfort on the multiplayer.

Normally, I'd be with you guys and use Evolved but I'm finding melee far too important in this game to map it off R3.

Not at home at the moment, so can someone tell me what the default FOV is?I'm pretty content with the default but I might bump it up to 90.

Shockingly low 70. High FOV is a must.

KingV

All of this talk about evolved vs bumper jumper makes me think that we need a control scheme for "auto-runner". I always use auto sprint, so am planning to switch my sprint for crouch on L3.

jeffc919

I think it will be healthier for the game to have the auto-turrets nerfed. They don't bug me that much, but their presence demotivates players to move.

Don't they have a somewhat limited radius that they can turn? If I see one I usually just flank it and melee it from behind.

RedFury

Rayme while we have you can we get confirmation if deluxe owners get prime skins? Was it just this set or will they also get future prime skins. I didn't wait for update and just bought the skins and have heard from another that we already had the skins and I just paid for something I already owned.

E92 M3

Yeah, I'm not getting bodied at all. Just having to choose a bit more carefully when to poke my head out for 40mm shots now.

Yep, but I've always been cautious with Tone.

Yes, please. I hate when the enemy puts them on the roof where a hardpoint or flag is on.

Also, I ask, what are the changes to tone? I've used her exclusively since I started lol.

She feels a bit weaker overall, but nothing too crazy.

you're funny

honestly, I find them annoying af myself, but w/e

Northstar has no issues fucking them up

They are easy for Titans, but their tracking is insane without question lol.

They encourage movement in every game I've faced them. They deny some space and force movement and sometimes teamwork. A nerf will destroy any use for them. Maybe dont make them stack? That's the only thing that wont make them a wast of a boost

I don't want them to be useless but just toned down a tinge.

They're annoying as hell in pvp because there's no titans to easily destroy them

They also take a load of pilot damage, although I feel like that was nerfed

The good thing about them is that pilots destroy them in one melee.

Don't they have a somewhat limited radius that they can turn? If I see one I usually just flank it and melee it from behind.

They do have a limited radius on a horizontal axis. They also have a ton of maneuverability on the Y axis.

Melee or any kind of action on R3 is my absolute pet hate esp after yrs of playing games without it. It wouldn't be so bad if you had one free button to remap it to, crouch on R3 is the best option but then I lose that on my right paddle

Also have they said anything about proper friends list intergration? Constantly having to go back to the main PS4 list to see whose on is kinda annoying. Apart from those minor gripes the games fantastic

Edit Pilot Turrets are worse than OG Torbjorn ones

That doesn't sound unreasonable. Let me ask; it might just not have come up yet (or there may be Very Good Reasons, so fair warning).

Awesome, thanks!

I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I got a taste of the high FoV on the Xbone and I like the game enough to where I may double dip on PC. I wanted to get it on PC anyway but I play with dudes on the Bone. Buuut, I also just purchased an ultrawide monitor for my PC and fuck me if it wouldn't looks sweet on that thing with a full FoV. So my question to you guys: is a controller (elite) viable on PC? Does aim assist still exist? I feel like a controller may at least have a leg up on pilot movement, although usually the fps games that work well with a controller have higher ttk where twitch accuracy takes a back seat to precision over time.

Gerbs

Neo Member
Has there been any word from Respawn about these assist xp changes working as intended? I'm hoping it's just an oversight or that I'm missing something. Played a game last night where I hit multiple titans with Archer rounds but got 0 Archer xp.

Arttemis

1. Having melee on RS is better than on B, but bhoping would be harder with LB+B so YMMV, but if you are new to the game, bhopping actually should not be your priorities yet so not really that bad.

2. depending on the weapon, SMGs, full auto rifles, certain LMGs and Shotguns have very accurate hipfire so you dont have to ADS, precision weapons like the G2 and Hemlok however, dont have good hipfire and you should ADS with them.

3. Use manual sprint, auto sprint works against your wallrunning and bhopping.

4. Yes leave them at default, and use lower sens as a start, 4 is a pretty good number.

For CAR, never ADS in close/mid range, only ADS at long engagement, it is insanely accurate when ADS so dont be afraid to trade shots with R201 users.

All 4 Tier 1 kits are good, depends on your playstyle. Power cell when you dont have Tactikill on your gun, Fast regen for the rest, phase embark for LTS.

Ion is very versatile and you can't go wrong with any of her kits as well, I'd argue zero cost tripwire is a bit weak, I personally use amped vortext shield, practice your laser shot sniping and you'll be a nightmare for Legion and Scorches.

Definitely get Backup Battery first, best overall boost in the game.

Didn't know that, that explains why I would fall out of speed in my bunny hops. Is there really no configuration for X = jump, O = crouch, L1 = sprint, and L3/ Dpad = tactical?

The lack of a fully customizable control scheme is infuriating, and having to wait for the Titan | Pilot control layout to alternate back and forth is a gigantic waste of time. So many UI tweaks could really improve this game.

E92 M3

Has there been any word from Respawn about these assist xp changes working as intended? I'm hoping it's just an oversight or that I'm missing something. Played a game last night where I hit multiple titans with Archer rounds but got 0 Archer xp.

Not getting XP for shooting Titans - and getting assists - has to be absolutely reverted ASAP

RedFury

So what was the default FoV on R1 compared to R2? I feel that alot of the sense of speed was lost there.

Not sure the purpose of LMG's in this game. The high TTK makes them pretty useless when most everything else is more accurate and faster.
Mowing mobs down I think. Not needing to reload after 2-3 grunt kills. Can get full groups in one mag and still be effective at taking out pilots VS. Grenadier weapons which I'd argue are better for mobs than LMGs but not as efficient as LMGs at killing pilots. Everything has its place I feel, even if it isn't immediately apparent.

KingV

Didn't know that, that explains why I would fall out of speed in my bunny hops. Is there really no configuration for X = jump, O = crouch, L1 = sprint, and L3/ Dpad = tactical?

The lack of a fully customizable control scheme is infuriating, and having to wait for the Titan | Pilot control layout to alternate back and forth is a gigantic waste of time. So many UI tweaks could really improve this game.

Whoa what what wait. I just saw the highlighted.... how does auto sprint affect the bunny hopping? Is this partly why I can't seem to skate around as fast as the videos?

Advice section

What about boost after I unlock them?

Any help appreciated

1. I personally use bumper jumper (pilot only) but others also like evolved. I like having my melee quicker to react to and get by fine with slide on the button.

2. Im sure it does but from the hip works really well especially with guns like the CAR (smgs). Seems pretty good with the R201 as well.

3. manual sprint all the way.

4. will vary from person to person. I am using close to defaults as I found them best for me compared to otehr options.

You should be able to play just fine using only starter stuff. Even at lvl 40 Im still using R201 and CAR as there are both really damn good weapons. I also use Arc grenade which is available from the start as well as Amped weapons and ION and Scorch Titans. The only things I use that arnt starter is currently the hover skill (but its not vital at all) and Stim which you unlock super early anyway.

Im not exactly great at the game but using basically just starter gear I play just fine. Have good and bad matches. Map knowledge and positioning are easily the most important things rather than gear.

Some examples of me using these load outs on attrition.

Stim with ION
https://youtu.be/pTlt-b5dbto

Stim with Scorch
https://youtu.be/Bg4u6WHF2Hw

Mowing mobs down I think. Not needing to reload after 2-3 grunt kills. Can get full groups in one mag and still be effective at taking out pilots VS. Grenadier weapons which I'd argue are better for mobs than LMGs but not as efficient as LMGs at killing pilots. Everything has its place I feel, even if it isn't immediately apparent.

So they are pretty useless

duxstar

Have any of you guys tried any of the other weapons in the game ? Things like the Double take and Mastiff are infuriating to use and i dont see the point in them.

Seriously go play Forward Base using a double take and then try it with the devotion. Youll be outsniped from across the map by people just spamming.

I also cant help but think that this game is different on PC than it is on console, which results in different weapons being viable.

Ive regened every weapon and have to say the Double Take, the Mastiff, and the Kruber are all garbage tier weapons.

In fact if winning is the reason your playing i dont see any reason to ever switch out of the 3 class of guns in assault rifle, smg , or LMG.

Things like the SMR and EPG are fun , but youll help your team alot more if you just use a CAR , Hemlock, or Devotion.

Whoa what what wait. I just saw the highlighted.... how does auto sprint affect the bunny hopping? Is this partly why I can't seem to skate around as fast as the videos?
What exactly are you doing. Auto sprint works fine with bunnyhopping.
Have any of you guys tried any of the other weapons in the game ? Things like the Double take and Mastiff are infuriating to use and i dont see the point in them.
Mastiff is amazing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I hope that assist thing isn't intentional and gets reverted. That almost invalidates an entire tactic to just be annoying if the only thing that matters is the kill shot.

E92 M3

Yup. I have close to 400 titan kills as a pilot and this is terrible for those of us who constantly pester titans

Which is exactly my style.

So, people who have played since the new patch...how is Tone? Any idea what seems to have been adjusted?

She feels a bit "different" but I still did well with her.

Yeah, I hope that assist thing isn't intentional and gets reverted. That almost invalidates an entire tactic to just be annoying if the only thing that matters is the kill shot.

Yes, and it needs to be fixed soon.

Revas

Seriously go play Forward Base using a double take and then try it with the devotion. Youll be outsniped from across the map by people just spamming.

I also cant help but think that this game is different on PC than it is on console, which results in different weapons being viable.

Ive regened every weapon and have to say the Double Take, the Mastiff, and the Kruber are all garbage tier weapons.

In fact if winning is the reason your playing i dont see any reason to ever switch out of the 3 class of guns in assault rifle, smg , or LMG.

Things like the SMR and EPG are fun , but youll help your team alot more if you just use a CAR , Hemlock, or Devotion.

Everyone using the same 2-3 weapons is just boring, DMR kills are way more satisfying than that off any of the guns you listed. Granted I drop my sidearm for whatever crap is lying on the map unless there's tons of Titans running around. Every match isn't about accumulating the most kills honestly, while winning does provide some measure of satisfaction, needing the CAR too do it is just too easy.

RedFury

So they are pretty useless
Depends on modes as well. They're very useful on game modes like bounty hunt and especially attrition. They melt reapers, paired with A-Wall and your a force to be reckoned with. Also with good aim they melt titans (They have probably the highest DPS against titans of all weapons think about that). A-Wall+Devotion = or > than Scorch's flame shield in DPS. That's why there's so many people running the combo. Their role in those game modes will be more important now that point distribution has changed.

Arttemis

If bunny hopping is unaffected by Auto-Sprint, why are so many people using Manual Sprint? To sprint less often so they increase the speed of drawing the weapon for hip firing? Can't you just as easily pull back a bit on the right stick to return to a walking pace?

I used PS4 Accessibility options to switch L1 and L3 on the default control scheme so I could Sprint with L1, Jump with X, and Crouch with O. Having Tactical abilities tied to L3 is a pain, but I absolutely hate L3 more than anything, anyway. I'm thinking I'll just go back to Auto-Sprint and default controls. I had no problem reigning in my stick to stop a sprint.

If bunny hopping is unaffected by Auto-Sprint, why are so many people using Manual Sprint? To sprint less often so they increase the speed of drawing the weapon for hip firing? Can't you just as easily pull back a bit on the right stick to return to a walking pace?

I used PS4 Accessibility options to switch L1 and L3 on the default control scheme so I could Sprint with L1, Jump with X, and Crouch with O. Having Tactical abilities tied to L3 is a pain, but I absolutely hate L3 more than anything, anyway. I'm thinking I'll just go back to Auto-Sprint and default controls. I had no problem reigning in my stick to stop a sprint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6STn6y1zNA

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I use auto sprint on pilots and titans and do fine. You can strafe to force walk which ends up feeling second nature when I know someone is nearby.

I would recommend bumper jumper though.

Izuna

Banned

Auto-Sprint is a bad idea...

Top Bottom