• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Totally get that would be effective (and boy is it effective...to the point of annoyance) but I just hate playing that way. I've never been a big online FPS guy (must've put a combined total of 10 hours into COD throughout the years) and literally the only reason I bought the first TF was the movement. It's the only reason I play. I've come at this from a really weird angle where I was great at movement but couldn't shoot shit. I've had to get better at that part of the game instead of the movement which is like the opposite of most people. If I didn't play a fast, aggressive role in this I would be just as shit at it as I was in COD.

Oh I don't love it either. It's the only map I use either the Devotion or the A-Wall on, lol.

If it were a better map, I probably wouldn't use either, I'd use the Volt/Hemlock/R201/G2A and Cloak/Pulse/Stim/Phase like every other map, because its more fun and those maps encourage to dive into that fun. Yes, even Complex.

But it's such a shit map, I figure 'fuck it, if I'm going to suffer, I may as well make the best of it'

KodaRuss

It is great that we are getting a new OT soon but I believe since we need to make amends with the original OP. Where are you Joyful?

TheRed

Fair enough.

I think we have different definitions of unique. I want all the weapons balanced too, but I don't really think any of the pilot weapons in the game are genuinely unique save for a few of the grenade types.
The L-STAR is pretty cool with how you've got to manage it's heat. I like how it says caution and danger on the gun when heating up. Also when you amp it it says AMPED on the gun too. It's neat and one of my faves. It blows people into bits too.

SwolBro

Banned
It charges up as it shoots and is effective in combat. Also has a fast reload. I think it's a cool gun that doesn't act like a typical LMG. The other LMGs should be buffed if they're not used as much.

I want every category to have exciting weapons. Everything should feel unique and powerful. Ideally, the player should never be punished for picking a gun such as the LStar or Spitfire.

This is an LMG that kills in 1-2 bullets, has a huge clip size, is easy to aim, doesn't slow your movement down, and has fast reloading and you think that's ok? You can essentially sit back and mow people down with zero fucks given.

I"m not really sure what Respawn was thinking with this gun.

Sweet merciful FUCK, the G2A is USELESS when there's even a hint of lag.

"Oh, what? You think that where you point the reticule and when you pull the trigger should have some impact on landing hits? Hahahah, FUCK YOU." - TitanFall 2.

No Love

Banned
This is an LMG that kills in 1-2 bullets, has a huge clip size, is easy to aim, doesn't slow your movement down, and has fast reloading and you think that's ok? You can essentially sit back and mow people down with zero fucks given.

Blows my mind how good Devotion is with single shot or burst fire. Accurate and strong as fuck.

Just some balance opinions:

-cloak should counter turrets and sonar
-you should be able to shoot while grappling and perhaps it should be a bit faster
-pilot shield should deploy much quicker

I feel stim and phase shift are clear cut superior and think buffing others would help

-radar jammer should last longer
-phase rewind absolutely sucks. Way too slow and feels totally redundant compared to existing abilities. I think it'd be much better if you could drop a teleported to return to instead

Arttemis

-you should be able to shoot while grappling and perhaps it should be a bit faster

I feel stim and phase shift are clear cut superior and think buffing others would help

-phase rewind absolutely sucks. Way too slow and feels totally redundant compared to existing abilities. I think it'd be much better if you could drop a teleported to return to instead

I agree with all of this, except Sonar. If someone is cloaked, sonar should reveal the cloaked player. If someone is within sonar detection, cloaking immediately after the ping should then conceal the player.

. Devotion is by far the best gun in the game. Needs a nerf pronto.

Can this game stop giving me Amped Hardpoint in the Angel City 24/7 playlist, the mode is terrible?

I like Amped Hard point since it's basically Domination which is my favorite FPS mode. I just wish the "Amped" part was removed. It encourages players to stick around in the same area for long periods of time which I don't like but will still do because damn it I want the points.

I like Amped Hard point since it's basically Domination which is my favorite FPS mode. I just wish the "Amped" part was removed. It encourages players to stick around in the same area for long periods of time which I don't like but will still do because damn it I want that points.

What can we do for respawn to comment? It seems everybody loved normal hardpoint. Hardpoint currently feels so boring with no a.i and 2-3 players amping

It should at least be 8v8

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Amped Hardpoint really works well on Angel City imo, I mean, not the amped part which I wish they'd remove, but the hardpoint positions are in good spots.

KodaRuss

What's the diff between volt and car

They seem nearly identical

I know that the Volt was incredibly popular before the nerf but I have loved the Car for a while now. It does not have much range but I don't put myself in situations where I need a lot of range usually.

Zemm

I'm not a fan of the devotion, but it's a really cool and unique weapon.

I tried it out today pretty extensively and it's an absolute beast of a weapon but it does mean going against my style of play so not sure I'll bother with it much in the future.

What can we do for respawn to comment? It seems everybody loved normal hardpoint. Hardpoint currently feels so boring with no a.i and 2-3 players amping

It should at least be 8v8

No idea except keep complaining I guess. The maps in AH seem so empty because half the players on both sides are busy capturing and amping hardpoints. Which feels like a couple minutes from beginning to end.

I remember being the MVP of a game in which I captured and Amped 3 hardpoints. It felt like nothing else happened in the game for me besides that. I only got 2 kills, both from guys coming for the hardpoints while I was still working on it. It ended so quickly because the other team didn't care about the hardpoints I guess. But the game was just me standing around and it shouldn't be that way.

Izuna

Banned
I feel like this place is becoming far too toxic for dev responses. Reddit seems to have far more feedback there.

I really hope OT2 won't be like this.

Zemm

I tried it out today pretty extensively and it's an absolute beast of a weapon but it does mean going against my style of play so not sure I'll bother with it much in the future.

I got to try it out on Angel City, good example of where it goes against how I like to play (lots and lots of movement and wall shooting). In this I'm much slower than I'd like and way more campy but it works so well with the weapon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOMoiBgjBKg&feature=youtu.be

No idea except keep complaining I guess. The maps in AH seem so empty because half the players on both sides are busy capturing and amping hardpoints. Which feels like a couple minutes from beginning to end.

I remember being the MVP of a game in which I captured and Amped 3 hardpoints. It felt like nothing else happened in the game for me besides that. I only got 2 kills, both from guys coming for the hardpoints while I was still working on it. It ended so quickly because the other team didn't care about the hardpoints I guess. But the game was just me standing around and it shouldn't be that way.

Exactly how it feels.

It's also lame how some maps have the middle flag be a titan map. It just slows down everything even more because the middle just becomes a huge kill zone of titans standing around.

This is why I like angel city.

Please, just bring back classic hardpoint. It was a fun and frantic mode of constantly overtaking and defending flags, and always forced the action to all three areas

I can't believe how badly amped slows down the gameplay.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Gen 10 as well and very mobile. I think people should play how they want. If they are logging in every day and supporting Respawn, I'm happy.

I still have a ton of fun being mobile and flying all over the place.

Hear, hear.

I like to think that most "campers" in this game are only staying put for 1-2 kills (or 10secs max) and then moving swiftly on, and that's cool.

The ones that don't get flushed out by a Titan, executed, or picked off themselves pretty quickly. Maybe there are more persistent campers on X1, but I've never had trouble with them on PS4.

Cloak does counter turrets
. Devotion is by far the best gun in the game. Needs a nerf pronto.
Wasn't it the hemlock last week? What's the best gun next week?

Calderc

Cloak does counter turrets

Wasn't it the hemlock last week? What's the best gun next week?

I think it's just whatever kills people most that particular night.

I had the most satisfying night tonight. 3 times in one game, I saw someone plant an A Wall in the pefect position for me to fly right above him and kick him in the face. 3 times. He never had a chance to fire a bullet. That's what you get for being a killjoy and using A Wall, chump.

Isn't the G2A4 almost univerally considered the best rifle at the end of Tf1? 3 body shot kill and two shot kill if one is a headshot, fastest ttk in class, why no one complaint about it back then lol. Hell the pre-buff G2A4 is a one shot head shot kill even (maybe when amped?)

No Love

Banned
I think it's just whatever kills people most that particular night.

I had the most satisfying night tonight. 3 times in one game, I saw someone plant an A Wall in the pefect position for me to fly right above him and kick him in the face. 3 times. He never had a chance to fire a bullet. That's what you get for being a killjoy and using A Wall, chump.

Almost feels like Respawn put in A-walls and turrets to suit a sedentary camper playstyle which, while not the most efficient or higher scoring, provides a buffer zone against run n gun fast moving pilots completely dominating.

That being said, watched my friend use my setup at home to completely wreck randoms the other night without stopping once to camp, and he's by no means a hardcore TF2 enthusiast who reads about advanced tactics or anything. He got 34 kills, 7 Titan kills, and died once. If you're camping and aren't able to move fast, you will get punished hard in this game, it truly rewards dynamic movement and strategies. Cloak, A-wall and turrets can only go so far.

It reminds me a lot of Unreal Tournament (and to a lesser extent, the lesser yet still an all time greatest, Quake 3: A) which I think anyone that found UT to be an insanely slick experience due to the superb movement and interesting, tactical, imaginative weapons would feel Titanfall 2 follows in those massive footsteps 17 years later.

Respawn has managed to take the best parts of UT, apply the same amount of thoughtful, highly satisfying concepts and executions as they did Modern Warfare 1, and created a game that is ever evolving and improving just like Rainbow Six Siege.

I feel blessed to be able to experience another golden age of FPS gaming. Thanks to technlogy, guys like Respawn can craft what they love and tweak it on the fly so that we,the players who share Respawn's love and appreciation can continously receive a dynamic experience that grows and improves as time goes on. How is that not amazing compared to how it used to be? A dream come true in some regards.

I never feel punished for running

Thanks in part to abilities like phase shift. I can absolutely confuse and scare a camper and it's great

I don't mind the games pacing

KodaRuss

Northstar is just terrible imo. I am trying to figure her out but she gets destroyed so damn fast it is unbelievable.

It probably doesnt help that the teams I am going up against in LTS are just Gen 4+ every time and I have level 10-20 gen 1 people on my team.

Izuna

Banned
Reddit is... in denial man

Tone has two direct counters and 4 effective counters.
Two direct are legion and Ion. The other two are Scorch and Ronin.
Just because you can't solo the main DPS titan with a finisher Titan doesn't mean the DPS titan is imbalanced.

Like, what?

No Love

Banned
I never feel punished for running

Thanks in part to abilities like phase shift. I can absolutely confuse and scare a camper and it's great

I don't mind the games pacing

100% agree, Phase Shift is incredible and adds so many new layers of tactics for dynamic players.

E92 M3

Tone is a beginner friendly Titan, doesn't mean she is not balanced. Ion is considerably better these days.

That said, once you go Ronin you can't go back.

KodaRuss

Northstar is just terrible imo. I am trying to figure her out but she gets destroyed so damn fast it is unbelievable.

It probably doesnt help that the teams I am going up against in LTS are just Gen 4+ every time and I have level 10-20 gen 1 people on my team.

Well right after I posted this I got a three kill round and rekt the team. Then we lost again. Anyway she still needs some work I think.

Izuna

Banned
Okay, so I have Uni tomorrow if you guys somehow hit 20k posts before 5PM GMT when I won't be there to post the OT. I may have to scrap this theme dependant idea because there's basically no fix for it.

TheRed

I love just playing this game for an hour or two every night. I have so much fun even if I don't win. It's all about doing cool shit. Just made it to Gen 3.

I'm not a fan of the devotion, but it's a really cool and unique weapon. The Devotion charging up gives me PTSD, but I'm happy it exists for the folks that like it. The more variety the better. In fact, Titanfall 2 is one of the few of the shooters that really got the sandbox right.

Respawn should be applauded for that.

When you have a super low time to kill you can put almost anything in the game and it will feel near enough balanced because anything is capable of winning an encounter. It obscures balance issues.

Not that I think the game is especially unbalanced or awful. I love it, but I don't think it's at the point where we can praise Respawn for doing a good job in this particular regard. There's too much disparity between the most, and least effective weapons. Entire categories of weapons that feel almost useless, single categories that only have one decent weapon (devotion).

Top Bottom