• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Tomeru

If you're a runner in CTF, having a ~1.3 KD would be "very good" and in Bounty Hunt, you're prioritising Minion and Titan kills, not Pilots.

KD doesn't have a place in objective types, it's a pure TDM stat (one that doesn't fully work in Titanfall because deaths by AI or Titans counts towards your KD).

---

Uni felt so good today... Omw back to finish up this thread :D

Understood, but there is a separate vs player k/d table for that reason, no? I played 48% attrition, and 41% amped/pvp, and my lifetime kd vs pilots is 1.1 (1.8 last 10 games). I never looked at my overall kd table as an indication, The player table is all that matters.

E92 M3

And it begins. Come around Gaf, come around.

The next series of tweaks should be this:
ON CONSOLE (sorry i don't care about PC. please go away PC and stop ruining my party)

• Return Volt to glory. Or at least half way to what it was
  • Either increase boost percentage for Pilot Sentry or decrease it's health/accuracy
  • Decrease Hemlock rate of fire a tiny bit. Possibly do something about the ease of getting headshots and tracking targets.
  • Decrease G2A range
  • Decrease Devotion damage/range/clip size and increase it's time to reload.
  • Reduce player GLOW for god sakes. It'd be nice if the faster you move the less glow you have. The more you sit around the more glow you have. That'd be a novel idea yeah? Probably takes some coding wizard but it'd be fucking genius.
  • Take away Tone's ability to paint targets with sonar and be done with tweaking her already.
  • For the love of... please place all playlists on one page so i can play CTF throughout the day and not only on peak hours
These changes and this game would be 100x better.

- G2A is nowhere close to being a problem in normal modes
- Too much of a nerf to Devotion (that gun has a lot of fans - why should they suffer?) Maybe increase reload time and decrease clip size a bit.
- I think the glow is fine, especially for visually impaired people like myself
- I'm alright with everything else.

I understand your experiences are based on CTF and PVP but please keep in mind that in attrition and BH it's different. I'm pretty sure if they brought back your Volt, you'd be happy again lol.

Just getting flashbacks of Bungie patches with nerf, nerf and nerf. We all know that people will gravitate towards powerful weapons. Next month, it will be nerf something else.

Never ending chain.

IVmfL1J.gif

Destiny has a comparably long TTK which is why more subtle differences in damage output become huge. It's not a fair comparison to say it's better balanced than that, there are so many more details that had to go into Destiny's balancing.

As a Destiny player since the beta, I can tell you that Bungie's solution to balance is to nerf everything and have a quarterly meta of a couple weapons. It's widely know that Bungie nerfs the fun out of the game.

Izuna

Banned
Understood, but there is a separate vs player k/d table for that reason, no? I played 48% attrition, and 41% amped/pvp, and my lifetime kd vs pilots is 1.1 (1.8 last 10 games). I never looked at my overall kd table as an indication, The player table is all that matters.

My point is, not all of your deaths will be caused by human players... And a it of game modes are easier run not caring too much about KD.

If you play as a runner in CTF you're likely to never approach 2.0KD.

It's even worse if you play LTS

An Elite + a adapter like CronusMAX or Brook is a far better investment than the Razer thing.

What makes you say that?

I wouldn't touch devices like those personally. Lots of controversy with them in the FGC, lots of ambiguity as to whether they add input lag (they seem to add about a frame of input lag on average), and for the most part they're banned at local tournaments and casuals because they include macro functionalities. It was even reported that CronusMax devices were destroying USB ports, which lead to them being banned at major tournaments in the FGC.

Brook is better since I think they have a tournament firmware but I wouldn't touch them either. Just seems like a bad option, they're third party with no official support. Sony can pull the plug the plug on them if they wanted to, and given that they're licensing their own elite, and XBOX ONE-like controllers, that seems more and more likely moving forward.

Also, having tried the Elite, and Razer... one doesn't feel better than the other. The DPAD feels nicer on the Razer for me, so that's a perk. The biggest advantage of the Elite is configurable layout, but if you don't feel that you need that then the Razer seems very similar. Plus the elite doesn't have a touchpad, so you have to run some janky script to emulate that, again, something I could see not always working in the future.

What makes you say that?

I wouldn't touch devices like those personally. Lots of controversy with them in the FGC, lots of ambiguity as to whether they add input lag (they seem to add about a frame of input lag on average), and for the most part they're banned at local tournaments and casuals because they include macro functionalities. It was even reported that CronusMax devices were destroying USB ports, which lead to them being banned at major tournaments in the FGC.

Brook is better since I think they have a tournament firmware but I wouldn't touch them either. Just seems like a bad option, they're third party with no official support. Sony can pull the plug the plug on them if they wanted to, and given that they're licensing their own elite, and XBOX ONE-like controllers, that seems more and more likely moving forward.

Also, having tried the Elite, and Razer... one doesn't feel better than the other. The DPAD feels nicer on the Razer for me, so that's a perk. The biggest advantage of the Elite is configurable layout, but if you don't feel that you need that then the Razer seems very similar. Plus the elite doesn't have a touchpad, so you have to run some janky script to emulate that, again, something I could see not always working in the future.

For Titanfall 2 you don't need a touch pad, for the majority of other games on PS4 a normal Dualshock 4 will do.

For Titanfall 2 you don't need a touch pad, for the majority of other games on PS4 a normal Dualshock 4 will do.

As an example, Uncharted 4 MP has roll, jump etc on the face buttons, I play UC4 mp regularly at the highest rank in ranked play every season. It would help to not have to move my thumb off the analogue stick to jump / roll. It uses the touchpad for item purchases.

TLOU is similar, and TLOU Part II will probably be the same.

Not to mention, the extra inpiut lag, and possibility that the device won't always be supported. Plus, depending on which you buy, it's banned at local tournaments, and even those that are legal, are subject to change.

As an example, Uncharted 4 MP has roll, jump etc on the face buttons, I play UC4 mp regularly at the highest rank in ranked play every season. It would help to not have to move my thumb off the analogue stick to jump / roll. It uses the touchpad for item purchases.

TLOU is similar, and TLOU Part II will probably be the same.

Not to mention, the extra inpiut lag, and possibility that the device won't always be supported. Plus, depending on which you buy, it's banned at local tournaments, and even those that are legal, are subject to change.

My friends have Brooks since they don't need the KB/M function of the CronusMAX and they did not feel any sensible input lag. For the majority of players tournament ban or not is not a concern, like at all.

RedFury

My point is, not all of your deaths will be caused by human players... And a it of game modes are easier run not caring too much about KD.

If you play as a runner in CTF you're likely to never approach 2.0KD.

It's even worse if you play LTS
Yeah if you playing Northstar maybe *Snark*
:( always have the most damage but get all my kills stolen
Score board should rank by damage done not kills, feels bad being MVP and being at the bottom of the score board. I have teams that put themselves in stupid situation just because they want that last hit. They could be fighting a doomed titan and chase with their full health one then lose it because the walked into 3 waiting titans all because they wanted that kill. I play for damage when I play LTS. I hit them and deal as much as I can without taking any, simple thought right? If we out damage the enemy team while taking as little as possible we win, but NO people want them kills. Like I've said before I'm a team player and the more health I chip off and handicap other titans the easier it is for my team mindlessly chase and get the kill...what bothers me is they think they're carrying me. Come one Respawn let me show them who's doing the babysitting.

As for the turret discussion, I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with them. The only time I take issue is when the whole enemy team is running them and they're place in so many angles and areas it becomes impossible to get to one because of another. Easy fix is only allow a maximum (of 2 in my opinion) that can be on field at a time.

jeffc919

Just going to post this for folks who may have issues with multiple consoles on the same network:

If you have a NETGEAR NightHawk, there is something about its UPNP implementation that doesn't play nicely with TitanFall 2. Setting NAT Filtering to Open will fix the issue for both consoles but it will leave your network more vulnerable.

I am personally exploring options to put my old ASUS as the gateway router to see if it will be more compatible. It's unfortunate that this is the only game that has issues with it :(

Thank you for this info. Do you think this is the reason why some of us are seeing massive lag spikes? Also, is it sufficient to set NAT filtering to OPEN and leave UPnP on or should I also turn off UPnP?

Arttemis

And it begins. Come around Gaf, come around.

• Reduce player GLOW for god sakes. It'd be nice if the faster you move the less glow you have. The more you sit around the more glow you have. That'd be a novel idea yeah? Probably takes some coding wizard but it'd be fucking genius.
  • For the love of... please place all playlists on one page so i can play CTF throughout the day and not only on peak hours
These changes and this game would be 100x better.

I really agree with these. I have so many questions about how the UI was chosen to be the way it is... why are playlists taking up 20% of the playlist screen, and spread across two pages? That makes no sense!?

The loadouts could be made far more accessible, as well - and having an separate selection for choosing vs editing is nonsense! Use a separate button to edit a loudout instead of moving to a different selection.

Which one does more damage to the Evac Ship, Pilot or Titan Sentries?

I feel like spamming 4 of those at the end of a match for shits and giggles.

inb4ampedarcher

SwolBro

Banned
With everything in this game, I feel like Phase Shift is really the only way to go.?
It definitely helps to counter campers and sentry turrets. Next time i face people doing the sentry turret thing i'll be switching to phase shift.

Those three coordinated hemlock campers would be as much of a problem if they were sporting 201's, etc.
You're missing the point of why the hemlock is ridiculous. It's an insanely easy gun to use because how crazy the tracking and aim assist are, it's powerful as shit (it's 1 shot always with amped), it's a headshot machine, and it's capable of quick bursts up close so anyone that puts a little time into using the gun will quickly master it for CQC.

If you don't think hemlock/g2a/devotion are overpowered go phase shift or holo pilot with an alternator. DO iT. see how much WORK you have to put in to get kills. You'll feel good about how you're doing and then look at the scoreboard and realize there's a guy with the same points as you barely moving, sitting there picking people off with ease.

There's a reason why the good people are all now using alternators for pub matches. It's more of a challenge.

jeffc919

To answer my own question, I still had massive lag spikes the first match after setting NAT filtering to open but leaving UPnP on. After turning UPnP off I've had no lag spikes for several games in a row but I'll need to see more before knowing if that fixed it.

E92 M3

I WAS SCORCH!!!

I'm sorry. I'm just very frustrated.

As a Scorch, you wouldn't want to engage with a Tone face-to-face. Getting behind her or to the side works best. Once you're in her safe space, the panic begins. Also, I'd recommend having a Turbo Engine kit with Scorch.

As a Scorch, you wouldn't want to engage with a Tone face-to-face. Getting behind her or to the side works best. Once you're in her safe space, the panic begins. Also, I'd recommend having a Turbo Engine kit with Scorch.

Turbo Engine + Increased Flame Shield Damage & Duration = Make all the Tones you surprise minced meat, and all the cheeky Ronins regret they ever tried to charge towards you

SwolBro

Banned
1 clip, 4 kills, no effort. It doesn't even feel right using it anymore
JzKpdFCeRwz7O.gif

with amped you don't even need to actually see what you're shooting they can be so far
LDOJxkJK7WRkQ.gif

HelloMeow

One of my favorite games, BF3, has more players than this game :(. Not sure if all the disappointing and annoying things about this game will keep me around for much longer.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Turbo Engine + Increased Flame Shield Damage & Duration = Make all the Tones you surprise minced meat, and all the cheeky Ronins regret they ever tried to charge towards you

That's what I roll with, Inferno Shield is just too good not to use. All the damage you deal with it builds your flame core up QUICK. And it's an easy kill for the bonehead pilots trying to rodeo you from the front.

UncleMeat

I bought a Razer Raiju today, for my PS4. I wanted a controller with paddles and I feel that Scuff are pretty tacky, so it seemed like a good bet.

EFkI9q2.png

So far so good. Controller feels great to hold and use, incredibly responsive, feels a little nicer to aim than with the PS4 controller, not sure why, but I immediately felt the desire to turn the sensitivity up on this one and felt a lot more accurate at speed. I would say it's because the control sticks are elevated but that's not the case compared to my DS4, since I was using Kontrol Freaks anyway.

Shifting to paddles from the 'Evolved layout' is tough. My muscle memory is still telling me to press R3, which is causing me to melee. Ultimately this might take some time to adjust. I've been using the Dual Shock in one form or another for 15 or so years.

I picked up one of these at gamestop:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accesso...nator-controller-adapter-with-mod-pack/133887

I have an xbox elite controller but bought this on ps4 to play with a buddy and not having paddles was driving me nuts. I really didn't want to buy a scuff and it looks like those 3rd party controllers are only available in the UK so this little thing was a godsend for $40. Obviously I don't bother with any "mods" I just use the default tournament mode for the paddles.

It can feel awkward when not gaming but during play I don't even notice and the paddles feel pretty good and are in a smart spot. Only real downside is that it requires a wired connection so it's slightly more of a hassle to use every time. Totally worth it for me.

E92 M3

Did you have the magnetism kit on you? What the hell were they doing it looks like they went towards you as you ejected.

And why was everybody bunched up together??

Lol, as a Ronin I strategically move to corner my opponent before he even realizes it. Most of the time I am 3 steps ahead of everyone. Normally it doesn't get me 4 or 5 kills, but this time it worked especially well.

That clip was strategy with a dose of luck.

I only play LTS.. Tone's don't seem to be a big deal at all. Just gotta play smart against them. So often when I use it I have titans just standing out in the open trying to go toe to toe with me while I am behind a shield. I think against skilled players the Tone is no more effective than a good Scorch or Legion or Ion, the Ion use and play has really taken off lately it seems.

LTWood12

Just getting flashbacks of Bungie patches with nerf, nerf and nerf. We all know that people will gravitate towards powerful weapons. Next month, it will be nerf something else.

Never ending chain.

IVmfL1J.gif

As a Destiny player since the beta, I can tell you that Bungie's solution to balance is to nerf everything and have a quarterly meta of a couple weapons. It's widely know that Bungie nerfs the fun out of the game.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Geist-

1 clip, 4 kills, no effort. It doesn't even feel right using it anymore
JzKpdFCeRwz7O.gif

with amped you don't even need to actually see what you're shooting they can be so far
LDOJxkJK7WRkQ.gif

I was extremely surprised to see they made no changes to the Hemlok with the first patch. I'm usually against the nerf train, but the Hemlok is one gun I think is too good.

Anyone know when the double xp weekend starts?

RedFury

Any good Legions have some tips? Trying to branch out from Ion and Scorch. Northstar is my go to in LTS. Does short range do more damage or does long range? If feels easier to kill pilots with short range than long. Are the burst shots from long and short range the same damage wise? I'm running turbo+storage for that DPS.

I wish mode switching was faster than it is.

Geist-

9 AM Pacific I think
Thanks
Any good Legions have some tips? Trying to branch out from Ion and Scorch. Northstar is my go to in LTS. Does short range do more damage or does long range? If feels easier to kill pilots with short range than long. Are the burst shots from long and short range the same damage wise? I'm running turbo+storage for that DPS.

I've been using it for a while, it isn't as good as it used to be, but it's alright.

IMHO, the best loadout is dash+hidden compartment to get those double power shots. The close range is more powerful than the long range, the close range is excellent for killing pilots, sometimes even multiple pilots if they're relative close together. Always leave a smartcore for evac if possible, Pilots can't escape when it's active lol.

bigJP

dont know how good my tips are but i prefer long range to short. feels like i can pick people off easier. only switch to close range when i really need to. running nuclear ejection. pretty good when my core is activated. just run in weaken everyone and if im about to die, at least im in close proximity to other people. also stay near corner and like to ping other titans

Ishmae1

I WAS SCORCH!!!

I'm sorry. I'm just very frustrated.

I've been avoiding Tone since the first few days in favor of others (Scorch, primarily, but everyone else except Tone / Legion) and finally committed an evening to Tone.

It's like suddenly I'm playing the titan game on a different difficulty setting.

• Fast-firing primary weapon that is effective at all ranges and marks targets? Yep.
  • Tracking DPS from any range? Yep.
  • Unlimited use secondary power with no cooldown? (lock required) Yep.
  • Defensive option that stops (ranged) trade damage and many (not all) Titan secondaries? Yep.
  • "meh. close enough" splash damage vs. infantry and pilots? Yep.
  • Sonar? Yep.
  • Projectiles with enough splash damage and ROF so you can kill into rooms nearly as efficiently (and with far less effort) than the actual area-control titan, Scorch? Yep.
  • Faster travelling projectiles than the railgun titan, Northstar? Yep.
  • Light-drop projectile, so you can snipe trade with Ion and Northstar at range? Yep.
  • Tracking, easy to use core ability with massive damage that can hit from above and negate all other titan defense options? Yep.
  • Decent move speed? Yep.
  • Decent health? Yep.
  • Decent reload time? Yep.
Wow. A jack of all trades with few downsides. The frustrating thing is that you have to counterpick specific perks on other Titans (e.g. Northstar piercing shots) or hard-counter Titan picks (Ronin) to even address Tone default shenanigans, whereas Tone doesn't need to do that to be effective against everyone else.

Really, most of the Titans can simply shoot too far (or damage doesn't drop off fast enough - take your pick). I'd be happy if Northstar and Ion (laser) won the range game and everyone else needed to play a bit closer for truly effective damage.

HelloMeow

Am I saying something weird when I say the netcode in this game is balls? I get shot behind cover, shot when phase shifted, lagspikes all the time and I keep hearing hitsounds without doing damage. Not to mention all the times stuff like melee and executions don't work. It's all so inconsistent.

E92 M3

Killing Tones (or any other Titan) requires strategy. She is nothing special now. I've come up against teams of Tones and single-handily dismantled them. Tone is a great beginner Titan that works against newer players, but seasoned vets don't fall for her shenanigans.

Am I saying something weird when I say the netcode in this game is balls? I get shot behind cover, shot when phase shifted, lagspikes all the time and I keep hearing hitsounds without doing damage. Not to mention all the times stuff like melee and executions don't work. It's all so inconsistent.

It's perfect for me 98% of the time.

deoee

Hello my friends, what's OP today? ;D

I had a game with Ronin but I can't seem to keep my Titan in the Phase Shift as long as some gifs in order to NE.
Any trick to that?

Munki

Ya, there's some good guides on youtube. Master the slide, grab the hidden EPG, and you should be fine.

My goodness man, I've been hackin' away at it for days now. Fastest time so far is 37 seconds... So much frustrationnnnnnnnn

Top Bottom