• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Menitta

I wish I liked Bounty Hunt, but I have too many issues with it. I don't like how the last hit gets a lot of the bonus from a Titan and going to the banks has been a suicide run most of the time.

gg was fun
7feede86-0eca-4154-9976-e81bc7c89265-204186367.jpg
Bounty Hunt, where it's really punishing if you don't know what to do, but is very satisfying when you do

gg was fun

Bounty Hunt, where it's really punishing if you don't know what to do, but is very satisfying when you do

Its not as though its difficult to figure out.

Its a variant of headhunter, which has existed since Quake 2. And even in a world where google didnt exist, and figuring out how the mode works wasnt a search away, it isnt that fucking hard to figure out.

At some point, maybe we have to accept that the average TitanFall 2 player (or, indeed, average gamer), is fucking braindead.

Zemm

I feel like it would be almost impossible to not win if you had a group of 3-4 good players grouped up. I dunno what's up with this game but it feels like the standard of play is really low. I know it's pretty overwhelming to start off and the movement must catch people by surprise.

I don't even mind, it makes me look better if anything. I got a Titan in the first 40 seconds just now :/

Edit: Ha the timing on that post.

So I have 2 EA accounts for some goofy reason, and 1 is super old. But it has my PSN linked to it. I just contacted EA to have that PSN link removed from my old account, and they told me that it is impossible---they got rid of that tool forever ago. So then I said ok...no biggie. Just delete my old account, then I can re-link PSN to my new one. They said nope...won't work. If I delete that account linked to my PSN, I'll never be able to link my PSN again. What the fuck? So I told them thanks, don't worry about it.

SwolBro

Banned
Can they fucking nerf Tone's 40mm to Pilots already? Fucking ridiculous how large they are. I know you need an easy titan for people to play but this is fucking stupid. Like a fisher price babies first titan.

It's almost at titanfall 1 levels now actually. the fact that there's no dusting helps a lot though.

Izuna

Banned
It's almost at titanfall 1 levels now actually. the fact that there's no dusting helps a lot though.

This game feeling more grounded is ultimately why everything feels so horrible to be killed by.

I don't think I ever raged when playing R1 when it came to specific kills.

It's incredible about sentries though..
Turrets in R1 were only really useful for sporting Pilots.

I have think it's plain stupidity that you can put a Turret in a Minion spawn and only pick of Pilots from a higher ground. That's just one way to break the game...

Exoplanet hardpoint

We have total control, and have a humungous lead. Our team gets titans.

Not a single flag is capturable by a titan. So the enemy gets total control and flips the game, all because we are in titans

This is the problem with some of these maps

Exoplanet hardpoint

We have total control, and have a humungous lead. Our team gets titans.

Not a single flag is capturable by a titan. So the enemy gets total control and flips the game, all because we are in titans

This is the problem with some of these maps

...you ARE allowed to get out of the Titans. They dont disappear...

With no Titan timers, if Titans could control points, than the first team to establish Titan superiority would win.

SwolBro

Banned
This game feeling more grounded is ultimately why everything feels so horrible to be killed by.

I don't think I ever raged when playing R1 when it came to specific kills.

Ok lets not get out of control. There were definitely things to rage about in the original game such as

• Smart pistol
  • Arc mines
  • Arc mines on flag that sometimes didn't go off with nades thrown at it
  • Sachels
  • Dusting from the 40
  • Arc cannon spam
  • Horribly uneven teams despite everyone consistently staying in the same room yet the game could not for it's life balance the teams out
  • Burn card abuses where the other team would drop multiple titans at the start of a match
And those are still present in the game right now. Let's see after all the tweaks maybe a year from now or so how Titanfall 2 pans out in the rage department.

Izuna

Banned
I wish I liked Bounty Hunt, but I have too many issues with it. I don't like how the last hit gets a lot of the bonus from a Titan and going to the banks has been a suicide run most of the time.

They don't get a lot of the bonus. A Titan is worth $500 cash and $500 bonus. If you do all the damage except the the final hit, you still end up with ~$400/$400, and if you die on your way to the back, you lose just $200...

So in the end, THIS could happen to you and you still end up with ~$600 overall.

4Ns7dfC.gif

(in this gif, I got $41 from killing a Titan, and stole only $200 from him when he did ~99% damage to the Bounty Titan, so he walks away with about $600...)

Izuna

Banned
Ok lets not get out of control. There were definitely things to rage about in the original game such as

• Smart pistol
  • Arc mines
  • Arc mines on flag that sometimes didn't go off with nades thrown at it
  • Sachels
  • Dusting from the 40
  • Arc cannon spam
  • Horribly uneven teams despite everyone consistently staying in the same room yet the game could not for it's life balance the teams out
  • Burn card abuses where the other team would drop multiple titans at the start of a match
And those are still present in the game right now. Let's see after all the tweaks, maybe a year from now or so, how Titanfall 2 pans out in the rage department.

I never raged about any of those things. In fact, I loved getting blown up by AND blowing up people with Satchels (back when it was the meta to cap a point and rig it with Satchels while you capped another point lol).

Arc Cannon never bothered me, Burn Cards were fine (though it was a little annoying to discover that the MVP was a dude with Map Hack, but that isn't me raging when I die)...

R1 had a lot more freedom to it.

Smart Pistol in general weaponed a Pilot.

I hate getting Sonared and knowing THE ENTIRE other team can see me. Why in god's name can Tone do that?

SwolBro

Banned
I never raged about any of those things. In fact, I loved getting blown up by AND blowing up people with Satchels (back when it was the meta to cap a point and rig it with Satchels while you capped another point lol).

Arc Cannon never bothered me, Burn Cards were fine (though it was a little annoying to discover that the MVP was a dude with Map Hack, but that isn't me raging when I die)...

I hate getting Sonared and knowing THE ENTIRE other team can see me. Why in god's name can Tone do that?

• Being smart pistoled at the very end of a perfect flag cap run when everyone else missed you didn't cause rage?
  • Going into pull a flag only to be arc mined from something you thought you blew up didn't cause rage?
  • Hitting a perfect 40 gooser only to see it dust didn't cause rage?
  • Being in an LTS match and everyone on the other team switches to arc cannon because they're losing a la TONE didn't cause rage?
  • Teams being even more uneven than they are now didn't cause rage?
Now i know you lying

There should be one titan point IMO

Nah, some maps have some and some don't, I like that. It means you have to adjust the Titan strategy per map. It's totally your teams fault for not recognising that Titan's weren't that useful, and it's hard to believe that none of you got out when you saw yourselves losing all of the points.

Titan's have plenty utility without needing to cap the points. They control space between the points which is a big deal.

Izuna

Banned
  • Being smart pistoled at the very end of a perfect flag cap run when everyone else missed you didn't cause rage?
  • Going into pull a flag only to be arc mined from something you thought you blew up didn't cause rage?
  • Hitting a perfect 40 gooser only to see it dust didn't cause rage?
  • Being in an LTS match and everyone on the other team switches to arc cannon because they're losing a la TONE didn't cause rage?
  • Teams being even more uneven than they are now didn't cause rage?
Now i know you lying

No, none of those things. Also, post patch Smart Pistol wasn't very good at all. You were also forced to use Enhanced Targeting on that weapon, so if anything, they were the easiest players to kill. They'd blip on the map and you could Stim right over to them.

I remember doing my Gen 9 Challenge only on CTF (never played competitive), I think I got my 50 MVPs in like 52 games. I remember posting about that. I don't have any memory of a Smart Pistol at the end of a cap run annoying me.

Arc Mines were annoying, but they never made me "rage". I do remember using the Smart Pistol to blow them up and kill their owners though haha.

Teams being uneven... I don't even know what you're talking about now. I'm talking about how in R2, deaths by a lot of weapons are rage-inducing. Don't move the goal posts without permission please.

I raged from getting killed by a Tone who fucking used Sonar in a Bank, and proceeded to shoot the wall behind me to kill me...

Ishmae1

Just had a BH game that the scores were 4600-4600 and both teams had the points to win it.

We're close to the bank, and we have 4 titans in a posse. A Legion comes into the bank area and while I charge in to push him out (and I'm in Tone, so it's not a great MU at close range), the rest of my team, consisting of two ronins, and a northstar, just sit back and don't assist me. They take pot shots from down a corridor.

Seriously?

The opposing team wins from banking.

Ugh.

I have to give props to the Legion player though -- he tried that earlier in the match as well, covering and distracting our team for his teammates so they could bank without harassment.

OMG teamwork can win?!

Izuna

Banned
Hemlock one shotting to the body (Amped)

o5wNZX7.gif

Considering I am Amped the ENTIRE game (if you get a Titan from a Nuclear this happens, I had like 5 stacks once and the UI only shows 3 lol) this is a little bit stupid.

Chrono you can analyse this gif and tell me how I must not have seen the Pilot. ;)

--

I'm going to send the OT2 stuff to someone tmr, there should be enough time to have it open before 20,000 posts

How can you hate some of the stuff in tf2 but be okay with bullshit burn cards??

E92 M3

This place got depressing :(

I played Skirmish on PS4 and holyshit, it's my favorite mode. If Hardpoint didn't exist I would play Skirmish all the time.

Izuna

Banned
Can only find Attrition or Pilots vs. Pilots ;( and Attrition has only the same people online.

New York network here I come, I guess.

Nah, some maps have some and some don't, I like that. It means you have to adjust the Titan strategy per map. It's totally your teams fault for not recognising that Titan's weren't that useful, and it's hard to believe that none of you got out when you saw yourselves losing all of the points.

Titan's have plenty utility without needing to cap the points. They control space between the points which is a big deal.

Exactly

There's always a chance for either team to make a comeback, especially if one gets too caught up in shoot shoot, bang bang instead of actually controlling points.
It IS easy for get distracted once you get a titan, i know, but most of the time, I'll just opt to call one in for Guard mode/defense

Arrrammis

Man, fantastic night of PS4 Gaf trains tonight! Highlights:
Bounty Hunt win: 5,000 - 247
During amped hardpoint: "I AM SO FUCKING AMPED! AMP IT UP!"

"They're just camping in this building"
"Nah, they're spawning there, we just kill them as soon as they peek out!"

Rule #1 of skirmish when running with a group of tryhards: Never, under any circumstances, tell your teammates where the enemies are. It's the only way that you'll get any kills for yourself!

Reddit players are just the worst. Almost always teamed and smack talk all the time. I might just start leaving games with any reddit players in them. There's this game's Smart Pistol.

E92 M3

Man, fantastic night of PS4 Gaf trains tonight! Highlights:
Bounty Hunt win: 5,000 - 247
During amped hardpoint: "I AM SO FUCKING AMPED! AMP IT UP!"

"They're just camping in this building"
"Nah, they're spawning there, we just kill them as soon as they peek out!"

Rule #1 of skirmish when running with a group of tryhards: Never, under any circumstances, tell your teammates where the enemies are. It's the only way that you'll get any kills for yourself!

It was freaking fun.

Izuna

Banned
I think it's a bug that dying by Smart Core only says Predator Cannon in the killfeed...

KlOjL6C.png

Fought against a team that was using Nuclear Eject to kill Bounty Titans. I had to singlehandedly make sure they couldn't bank their money for 3 waves in a row.

Does the Threat scope have less recoil than the HCOG or is it just me? After starting off with the CAR I've been using only the R-201 lately. When using the HCOG too often I find myself shooting circles around my opponent instead of actually hitting them. I don't know how many times I've reenacted the scene from Pulp Fiction where Sam Jackson and John Travolta's character miraculously survive some dude who rushes in and sprays his bullets all over the place only to miss every single shot.

From far distance it seems impossible to hit people since the reticule bounces all over the place. I switched to the Threat scope and I'm doing much better now. Even from very far away it doesn't seem like the scope will bounce like the HCOG will. But I don't know if it's the scope, just my luck, or the fact that the scope high lighting my opponents has made it easier for me to hit my target. Just wondering if anybody knows.

SwolBro

Banned
How can you hate some of the stuff in tf2 but be okay with bullshit burn cards??
because he's a silly junior

If Respawn brings back Ogre from Titanfall 1 and have its weapon be the Arc Cannon, I will drop Scorch in an instant
I'm almost certain the arc cannon will come back in some capacity.

http://i.imgur.com/7laZ4A6.gifv

I'm learning how to make the Hemlock work while moving (non-Amped).

yeah, it's not hard buddy. that's part of the reason it's Op as hell

Izuna

Banned
yeah, it's not hard buddy. that's part of the reason it's Op as hell

Only worthwhile weapon in the game imo.

I have a clip somewhere proving that it can one-shot even without Amped or headshots..

edit:

hmMyV56.gif

Does hitting from behind give some sort of damage increase?

SwolBro

Banned
Love my smoothness in this sequence. They really improved the whole windows thing. Another aspect of R1 that was obnoxious! getting stuck on window ledges!
8Lt334qDU6v2o.gif

Does hitting from behind give some sort of damage increase?

You were really close. It can 1 shot up close.

Do people think i talk out of my ass when i go blue in the face in here? THE GUN IS OP

Top Bottom