• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Are you hipfiring or aiming down sights, try to hipfire. Also adjust your sensitivity. I found the default a bit high for me.

It will click as you play. We were getting rolled when we started and haven't lost a game yesterday once we got into the groove. Also hop on the discord and group up with people, communication really helps in this game.

https://discord.gg/FaErwkT

I probably don't hipfire enough, been working on squashing that habit. And I did lower the sensitivity a good amount. I think I just need to keep at it, and hope the matchmaking gods don't damn me.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Not but much anymore.

Though I wanna see didact play and see if he can make R2 look good.

Frothy may move fast sometimes but his gameplay is basic.

Frothy's strength is in his his tactics, understanding the strength and weaknesses of any given loadout, situational awareness, etc. His aim isn't the best I've seen from the PC community but I have never seen anyone get under the hood of the game like he does.

How's the campaign?

The best. Valve quality.

giphy.gif

Jarmel

Banned
This is totally not what I expected from the campaign. It's like they made a Portal game.

Midway through the game I think I kept saying out-loud, "This is a Valve campaign". It's really reminiscent of Portal.

Problem is that they don't let you keep the toys after a level otherwise there could have been some insane shit at the end of the campaign.

Menitta

Midway through the game I think I kept saying out-loud, "This is a Valve campaign". It's really reminiscent of Portal.

Problem is that they don't let you keep the toys after a level otherwise there could have been some insane shit at the end of the campaign.

The best gadget is easily
L1 to time travel
. Though it was clearly designed for just that level.

rdytoroll

TF2 is so exhausting, in a good way. Most matches are really close and crazy shit is happening every second. Have to take a longer break now

Jarmel

Banned
The campaign is very good but it still has some problems. The first is that the AI is about as stupid as a bag of bricks. There's been numerous cases where I've run them either doing nothing or looking at a wall or what-have-you. They're about as smart as the AI in the multiplayer and as a result are about as interesting. The second is that the combat in the singleplayer isn't ever really challenging partially due to the AI being so stupid but also because some of the 'abilities' make the game EZ mode even on Hard. There wasn't any 'pilot' equivalent for the enemies where they'll just be wallrunning everywhere. The third is that the abilities are a bit too segmented and so the level designs are unfortunately limited compared to what it could have been. The fourth is that the character models and animations are trash. They really need to work on that.

It's still a very good campaign and there's a lot of smaller stuff I liked such as the enemy Titans, not just the bosses, talking to you. However there is a lot of room for improvement.

Jarmel

Banned
The best gadget is easily
L1 to time travel
. Though it was clearly designed for just that level.

I can understand why they didn't keep it around as it makes the game stupidly easy as you can
jump in and out of different time periods midcombat and thus just shotgun everybody in the face with ease
however it was also supremely disappointing that they didn't go full ham with that near the ending.

The campaign is very good but it still has some problems. The first is that the AI is about as stupid as a bag of bricks. There's been numerous cases where I've run them either doing nothing or looking at a wall or what-have-you. They're about as smart as the AI in the multiplayer and as a result are about as interesting. The second is that the combat in the singleplayer isn't ever really challenging partially due to the AI being so stupid but also because some of the 'abilities' make the game EZ mode even on Hard. There wasn't any 'pilot' equivalent for the enemies where they'll just be wallrunning everywhere.

so equivalent to the enemies/combat in HL2

damn, GOTY confirmed brehs

Arrrammis

Legion really does need a nerf to either health or damage output. "Oh hey, let's make a Titan with the highest single target dps have the most health out of all other Titans, then give him a shield and an auto-aim attack! Brilliant!"

B00TE

TF2 is so exhausting, in a good way. Most matches are really close and crazy shit is happening every second. Have to take a longer break now

Yeah, I feel the same way. It does make it harder for me to jump back in sometimes, but the game is just so fun and addicting I do it anyway. I do wish it had a co-op mode that I could play to decompress while still playing the game, but I'll manage for now.

Izuna

Banned
Legion really does need a nerf to either health or damage output. "Oh hey, let's make a Titan with the highest single target dps have the most health out of all other Titans, then give him a shield and an auto-aim attack! Brilliant!"

Nahhhh. If you hate Legion so much, pick Iron and wreck the fuck out of him.

Wait until he does his shield thing, zone him out, and when it's done use your shield. He will get fucked.

I haven't played HL2 in a long ass time but the AI is noticeably worse than other modern games.

The AI isn't terribly clever or anything, but the sheer joy I get out of styling on them made me forget all that. It's a game more about what you can do to them, than what they can do to you. Igniting a group of enemies with a flaming ninja star while wallrunning, jumping off the wall and Sweet Chin Musicing a motherfucker on the way down, then cloaking and bamboozling a group of enemies, and finishing off the last guy with a movement chain into a shotgun blast while pulling off maybe the best feeling slide ever in a game, uh...really gets me going. And that's pretty standard Titanfall 2.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Any chance they make this cross platform?

I play with controller on PC and I still am able to dominate. Would really help the numbers for PC.

Anyone have any strategies for combating Legion? I feel like it's just too powerful and my health bar gets chewed to shreds.

The fact that it can shield around it's gun is just crazy as well.
I play Ion, and I just went against a Legion who kept shooting at me while I sucked up all his bullets, then spit right back in his face. Then I get a quick laser shot, and dash out of his view. Let my vortex recharge, then go back in. Just lots of salt and pepper. Don't fight head on for long periods of time. You'll wear him down in no time.

soultron

Banned
The MP is something else, man. You can get so creative with the grappling hook. It feels incredible to hitch it to the top of a doorway to kind of "spiderman" yourself through the doorway.

Marvel

could never
Respawn you're killing me with these server timeouts man, this game is too good. I've tried resetting modem etc

tesqui

Did they change Bounty Hunter from the beta? I thought everyone was complaining about it in the beta. I think it's fantastic. Way more fun than Attrition.

Izuna

Banned
Frothy's strength is in his his tactics, understanding the strength and weaknesses of any given loadout, situational awareness, etc. His aim isn't the best I've seen from the PC community but I have never seen anyone get under the hood of the game like he does.

For sure, but I'm curious to see what advantages someone like didact can bring to this game. Great aim isn't needed for Goosers, so I hope there's still something left.

Revas

I know exactly what you mean. This is my first TF experience, and the online feels incredibly cold and empty, for whatever reason. The highs are high, but I spend so much time running around not shooting anyone.

Try and move quickly around the map to flank the enemy. The faster you get around the map the faster you get to the shooty bits.

Anyone have any luck with the "...Becomes the Master" trophy/achievement? It's such a pain.

I have about 3 seconds to shave off.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Respawn you're killing me with these server timeouts man, this game is too good. I've tried resetting modem etc

What exactly is the issue you're seeing? Don't think we're aware of any large spread connectivity issues right now.

Top Bottom