• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
I think her 40mm cannon is already the post nerf version of R1's? Less ammo and no extended mag this time as well.

Forgive me for posting this video again, but Tone's 40mm is not comparable:
XqaLtLR.gif

It's very good though ;) -- whatever damage her 40mm lacks, her Smart Core makes up for.

That just denotes where the ping server is hosted. Truth is you might end up playing on all sorts of servers in that region, not necessarily just a machine in that specific data center. For example, if you "connect" to the Virginia data center and start matchmaking, you could very easily be playing on a server in a South Carolina data center since its in the same US East region as Virginia.

Sounds like you've got bad routing to a particular geographic region, vs a specific data center issue. For curiosity, though, if you've noticed a pattern on specific regions or data centers I'd like to hear!

Ah that might sound like it. Weird thing yesterday was that I still get 300+ms ping on Taiwan/Japan/HK datacenters but only ~150 on Salt Lake City, gotta restart my router to see if there is any difference later on.

Drewfonse

Not really wanting or needing to be the best, but when I'm flat out useless in a mode that I enjoy that's a problem in the fun area. I just want to contribute to my team and enjoy it. I don't need to top the match chart, I just want to feel I can get better.. In cod games I try to get better but there's a flow of cod games that I simply don't connect with and same is here. I just want to have a few matches where I can sit back and analyze my match, know where to fix my problems etc.... But when I'm 2 and 8 within minutes of every match there's something I'm simply not connecting with and it's the cod influence in this game. I had one match I went 22 and 13 and it took everything I had, but I mean I didn't feel like I gained anything just had a random good match.

Edit: as for Battlefield I play a lot of team death match along with conquest, but as I stated I am am old school player who enjoys just the simplicity of competition in regular team death match in most shooters.

Napalm some folks with Scorch. It/he/she makes EVERYTHING feel better

Lima

38k players on Xbox One? Rip in piece this game. This is only going to get lower when CoD is coming out next week. Kinda sucks tbh.

Vortex566

I love the speed of the game! I love how you are always moving and how fast everything is. The campaign was one of the best I've played since Half Life 2.

Pulse Blade in hardpoint is really useful. Before you enter a building where the hardpoint in located use the blade to pinpoint any campers. I've planned out my entrances and successful taken over hardpoints by doing this.

Marvel

could never
I'm getting the same thing. Most of the time I can play for a few minutes before it all comes crashing down, but I haven't been able to complete a single round without a timed out message sending me back to the main menu.

I'm not seeing many other people having the same problem, I don't get it.
That sucks, I totallly understand.

At least you know you aren't alone with this.

Iorv3th

I'm getting the same thing. Most of the time I can play for a few minutes before it all comes crashing down, but I haven't been able to complete a single round without a timed out message sending me back to the main menu.

I'm not seeing many other people having the same problem, I don't get it.

What is your ping to the data center you are connected to?

killersrquietMV

Neo Member
What a gem this game is. My only annoyance is EA releasing it straight after BF1. Such an idiotic decision.

I hope word of mouth generates extra sales outside the usual release rush that TF2 isn't probably getting

Woo-Fu

Banned
I just unlocked Tone, but I am going to have to be pretty impressed if it is going to replace Scorch. I love the gas cloud/thermite combo.

Scorch wins if you have a chokepoint, otherwise I'd take Tone.

Scorch is also great vs. noobs who will just stand and burn or even walk into it.

Chris1

Also I think getting frontier defense out ASAP is important especially for PC. I remember DKO5 saying on Reddit they wanted cross play but someone was blocking them. Probably Sony again, so get frontier defence out quick, have crossplay with PS4 and XB1 seperately like Rocket League since no advantages. At least then, no matter what happens, horde mode should pretty much always be active on PC and people will be less weary about buying it because of player numbers.

One map I'd like to see return in R2 is War Games

Support, my favourite map in Titanfall 1. Really liked the aesthetics too.

I used to crush matches in R1 but it was because of abusing burn cards and titans. I remember I would use a card to get a Titan at the beginning and because of the shield, you could just tick and tack and rack up a zillion points on attrition. Or use a card to get an OP gun.

I think taking out burn cards and making the shield changes on Titans was good. I think the killer here for me are the maps. These maps are terrible compared to R1. R1 had some godlike maps, and the ones here are all very flat and don't really make sense given the Titanfall construct.

The Dude

Game might be saved for me, you guys were right, bounty hunter is really good. Maybe the cod shit heads aren't into this mode or something. But my first match I really enjoyed and I used Tone... That is a good feeling titan.

Arrrammis

I've found that overall, most of the titans are pretty balanced. Legion and Tone usually get the better of most 1v1's because of how the maps are laid out (very little cover for titans). On the most enclosed maps, I can do really well as scorch, covering the whole room with fire, and I've gotten good at anticipating where enemy titans will try to run to escape the flames. Also had some good games with Ronin, but you have to get really close in order to win a lot of fights.

Why the R?

As has been mentioned prior in this thread, R1 and R2 are the internal dev names for the games (Respawn 1 and Respawn 2). It makes no sense to use them outside of the dev team but for some reason some people continue to use them and confuse a bunch of people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ending spoilers

Right before BT bails you he says 'trust me'. He also says he has done the calculations and both can survive.

I take it as he has done just that.

By going into the core he has gone to a different time.

Earlier in the game, when you are time traveling yourself, BT can communicate to your helmet through time.

I am taking it as he is doing just that.

From what i remember BT put a form of his ai into the helmet during the time switching. Im going under the assumption that the bit of himself is still there and the flashing helmet is supposed to mean that.

As has been mentioned prior in this thread, R1 and R2 are the internal dev names for the games (Respawn 1 and Respawn 2). It makes no sense to use them outside of the dev team but for some reason some people continue to use them and confuse a bunch of people. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, I see. Sorry, I just picked this up and wandered into the end of the thread.

Okay for real I'm struggling, here. <3
I know this is just me sucking but this Campaign is challenging me on Master rn.

fNGnxwl.png

--

hmm, I ought to delete that empty ppsspp folder...

oh right nvm, windows is just being silly with quick access

Strange. Huh.

Game might be saved for me, you guys were right, bounty hunter is really good. Maybe the cod shit heads aren't into this mode or something. But my first match I really enjoyed and I used Tone... That is a good feeling titan.

Glad things seem to be better! Bounty hunt and Hardpoint are fun. Apologies in advance in case you become hooked, haha :p

And yea, R1 and R2 are not needed, lol. Just confuses people.

People really weren't kidding when then said the Titans were more vulnerable. It's not a change I care for in the least. While it's nice to see my anti Titan weaoons do damage, the Titans aren't really something I look forward to calling down. It just paints a target on my back when I do it.

While I'm not getting totally destroyed like I was last night, I'm still not really enjoying myself. I really want to like this game it has by far the best movement compared to the CoD games and Titans are awesome, but some things I just don't for care that hold me back.

That paired with the what looks like a bleak future for the multiplayer community makes it hard to want to keep playing. I feel like I wasted my $40.

Izuna

Banned
If you're not sure you're liking this game, and you're only playing PvP. Just be aware that I hate that mode so much I'd rather staple my butthole than to play it exclusively.

EDIT:

I think BT is playing dumb at these idioms.

Ending spoilers

Right before BT bails you he says 'trust me'. He also says he has done the calculations and both can survive.

I take it as he has done just that.

By going into the core he has gone to a different time.

Earlier in the game, when you are time traveling yourself, BT can communicate to your helmet through time.

I am taking it as he is doing just that.
More ending spoiler talk:
I agree BT is alive and communicating through the helmet with morse code as others have said in here. But I think my favorite part is that BT really was ready to kill himself and Jack to uphold the mission in the end. That was my favorite part of it was the tension as his systems are booting up. It isn't until the last second when protocol 3 kicks in that he realizes he has to protect the pilot, then he yanks Jack out and tosses him. Up to right before that point, his most important protocol was to uphold the mission. I really loved it.

People really talking about the game "coming back", The game just came out and we only have fluctuating population counts to go on. Concern trolling and vindictive EA spite. It weird that we have a game of obvious quality here where a number people are only interested in talking about how much it's gonna sell.

Absolutely loving this game. Campaign was way more fun than I ever thought it was going to be.

Like others have said, they really need to give EA Access/Origin Access a 10 hour trial. There are a ton of BF1 players who bought it to get start playing early. Even if only a fraction download and try TF2, I am sure they would get some extra sales. I don't understand why EA had this game release between BF1 and CoD.

Maybe a month earlier? Month later? Something that isn't right at this time. The game is really fun, but sadly I don't think a lot of people will give it a shot.

This game could've benefited from a March or April 2017 release, tbqh. You see all the positive impressions from this thread, from gamers on Twitch, Reddit and industry reviews - it's a shame that EA sandwiched this between Battlefield and Call of Duty. Such a fantastic all around game and I hope it does well!

Top Bottom