• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
People really weren't kidding when then said the Titans were more vulnerable. It's not a change I care for in the least. While it's nice to see my anti Titan weaoons do damage, the Titans aren't really something I look forward to calling down. It just paints a target on my back when I do it.

While I'm not getting totally destroyed like I was last night, I'm still not really enjoying myself. I really want to like this game it has by far the best movement compared to the CoD games and Titans are awesome, but some things I just don't for care that hold me back.

That paired with the what looks like a bleak future for the multiplayer community makes it hard to want to keep playing. I feel like I wasted my $40.

Titans are vulnerable if you force every engagement. If you can't win an engagement, just run. I haven't had a problem surviving for a decent amount of time in a titan

picked this up on PC. outside of the random stuttering that seems to happen, I kind of enjoy it. Gonna be said if it dies out quickly though. Not sure why variety doesnt just pop you into a random game mode though. Seems like an entirely different mode which is confusing. Still getting used to all the stuff as well

Izuna

Banned
picked this up on PC. outside of the random stuttering that seems to happen, I kind of enjoy it. Gonna be said if it dies out quickly though. Not sure why variety doesnt just pop you into a random game mode though. Seems like an entirely different mode which is confusing. Still getting used to all the stuff as well

It does, but it tries to find other variety players first I think. That's why 8v8 Variety is basically Amped Hardpoint with long matchmaking times ;(

Jawmuncher

People really talking about the game "coming back", The game just came out and we only have fluctuating population counts to go on. Concern trolling and vindictive EA spite. It weird that we have a game of obvious quality here where a number people are only interested in talking about how much it's gonna sell.

I mean even if a game is good, doesn't mean it'll sell well.
Which impacts the future of the series.

What about Platinum? Is it hard?

The only hard trophy outside of beating the game on master is the gauntlet challenge.
But Overall it's an easy platinum.

Boy did this game take me by surprise. The campaign is just so fucking good.

Even the cheesy banter between characters that I disliked in Gears of War 4 works for me here. I love the relationship between Cooper and BT.

Now the only thing left to do is go into multiplayer and get my ass kicked. But damn it, even that sounds awesome considering how good it all feels.

Titans are vulnerable if you force every engagement. If you can't win an engagement, just run. I haven't had a problem surviving for a decent amount of time in a titan
This right here. Don't force fights. And keep your distance. I go minutes in my titan without losing him. Knowing when to fight and positioning are key.

Jira

Turn off vsync, I'm 99% positive that solved it for me. You might have to force it on your card. Might be the triple buffering too.

malfcn

Just went through a factory and found the Tone load out. Was kind of thrown off how picking up a gun changes all of your capabilities. And that you can change around on the fly.

Otherwise this campaign is great so far.

U2NUMB

What kind of router do you guys have? Looks like either an issue with your connection/routing to datacenter, or local network issue - usually router.

Either of you tried removing router from equation? Plugging console directly in to modem?

I have a nighthawk... Speed is plenty and I've never seen this before. Bf1 and gears fun great. I did direct connect my console to the modem. Same issue... However my other x1 the ekote runs it fine.

Djostikk

Russian PC version has only Russian and Polish languages, glad I'm on PS4, though.

5003491530.jpg

In the picture - russian vs global :D

The Dude

So In a few bounty matches I've done It's a wipe either way, either were getting totally decimated or I'm on a team that is decimating. Bounty is definitely more doable but still honestly? Hats off to these fucking cyborgs who play this shit this insane, seriously I've had some big matches in my life in gaming but there's something about this stuff that I feel truly out of my league. Which is odd because I just don't see how probably 80% of the teams I face are like this, where are the losers like me running around sucking so that I beat on a bit? Lol

But I'm not sure if the matchmaking is off but I haven't really had a teeter match, it's a blowout on each end of the spectrum.

I guess I just view this type of game play niche, Its cool to see everyone love the game as I'm always a happy gamer and that's what I want to see more of but I just can't see how "everyone" can simply hang with this so easily, just seems like maybe a smaller percentage of the crowd would be beasts rather than it be the other way around.

commissar

They really need to add an 'any game mode' matchmaking selection. Excluding the w/out Titan modes as their own thing I guess.

I just want to play anything, and quickly, not wait around for a while and then go back to bounty hunt because I guess thats all anyone is playing.

Hopefully things will pick up later as people finish the campaign and move to MP.

Izuna

Banned
I understand the Half Life 2 comparisons now.

Whatever is the most congratulatory word ever spoken by man, Respawn deserves to hear it.

They really need to add an 'any game mode' matchmaking selection. Excluding the w/out Titan modes as their own thing I guess.

I just want to play anything, and quickly, not wait around for a while and then go back to bounty hunt because I guess thats all anyone is playing.

Hopefully things will pick up later as people finish the campaign and move to MP.

Hardpoint I get matches all the time as well.

Arrrammis

LOL, they do have that as a playlist. It's on the second page of the playlist screen, go al the way to the right.

Unfortunately, I think the matchmaking for that playlist is seperate from individual matchmaking like for bounty hunt or attrition, so it might not be exactly like what you're looking for.

Ennosuke

Well I am not really great at shooters. I would say a little bit above the average, but in TF1 I really was one of the best players in the match. In my first TF2 games I was really bad, but now I am finally getting better again.

I really hope the game does "okay" in terms of sales.

EL CUCO

There's a playlist called Variety. Been playing all afternoon.

LOL, they do have that as a playlist. It's on the second page of the playlist screen, go al the way to the right.

Unfortunately, I think the matchmaking for that playlist is seperate from individual matchmaking like for bounty hunt or attrition, so it might not be exactly like what you're looking for.

yeah, you'd think those matchmaking would simply slot you into the queue for any of the gametypes applicable. Instead, the queue is separate from the rest (and no one is playing it), so matches take forever to happen.

There's a playlist called Variety. Been playing all afternoon.

How long between matches? I've sat there for ten minutes without getting a match, whereas hardpoint/bounty take less than 30 seconds most of the time.

Izuna

Banned
I'm sorry but even if this shipped with Far Cry Instinct Predator's Multiplayer, this still deserves to get a 9/10. I didn't expect any of this.

Arrrammis

Whoever decided to put random messages on your titan's HUD when you eject from a titan is one of my favorite people. Among the regular battle lines, I've also seen
"Fly, you fool!"
"Never give up, Never surrender"

I'm sure there's others, can't wait until I see them.

I'm sorry but even if this shipped with Far Cry Instinct Predator's Multiplayer, this still deserves to get a 9/10. I didn't expect any of this.

Agreed. The fact that you can say
Something just happened in the Campaign that changes everything.
And the fact that I don't know which awesome part you mean is a testament to how well they designed the campaign.

Gator86

I fucking loathe nuclear ejection. It's such a bullshit mechanic. Just fucking run at people and die. The explosion clips through walls and covers a shit ton of ground. Thanks to Respawn's nerf on Titan movement, you're basically fucked if you don't have a dash core perk equipped and refreshed. Without a doubt the dumbest fucking thing in the game. Hated it in 1, hate it here. I don't think I've seen a single Ronin today who isn't running it.

Izuna

Banned
And I don't know which awesome part you mean is a testament to how well they designed the campaign.

Yo.

The beat can't drop harder than this.

I fucking loathe nuclear ejection. It's such a bullshit mechanic. Just fucking run at people and die. The explosion clips through walls and covers a shit ton of ground. Thanks to Respawn's nerf on Titan movement, you're basically fucked if you don't have a dash core perk equipped and refreshed. Without a doubt the dumbest fucking thing in the game. Hated it in 1, hate it here. I don't think I've seen a single Ronin today who isn't running it.

In this game you can like... walk out of the way.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

It's a great counter to slow moving titans. It's useless if the enemy has a single dash. It's probably the simplest thing to play around.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Well, if it is a ronin doing it that means he is in melee range so grab him out. doesn't that prevent the nuke? I seem to recall it working that way in the previous game.

First day I gave it a couple hours, didn't notice any kills from the nuke, swapped to something more effective.

DocSeuss

Ending spoilers

Right before BT bails you he says 'trust me'. He also says he has done the calculations and both can survive.

I take it as he has done just that.

By going into the core he has gone to a different time.

Earlier in the game, when you are time traveling yourself, BT can communicate to your helmet through time.

I am taking it as he is doing just that.

I don't believe that's correct. That only occurs once
he uploads himself into your helmet during that sequence. He even says that's what he did. Ergo, that is what happened and what we are seeing in the post-credits sequence

Top Bottom