• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Mupod

no...i am still waiting on that crap. i even wrote on their facebook, they are erasing the comments that complain about the keys and apparently people who ordered BF1 are getting invalid keys.

they've never failed to get me a key on time. This would be the first if not. Only certain companies get them keys well in advance though, that only seems to happen with 2K and capcom in my experience.

edit: for what it's worth they also list their source as EA and not 'authorized distributor' like battlefield. I typically only buy games from them that have official sources listed, as I mentioned usually 2K/Capcom games which you can look for yourself and see they list those companies as their source.

Shawsie64

Banned
no...i am still waiting on that crap. i even wrote on their facebook, they are erasing the comments that complain about the keys and apparently people who ordered BF1 are getting invalid keys.

It sucks as I went with GMG as they are the more 'reputable' of key selling sites from my understanding.. People on /r/Titanfall are receiving their CDkeys.com keys just fine.

Is SOR about? He's running the Xbox Club rn (granted, it's preview member only) but it'd be dope if he went around inviting all of us 'Boners to TitanfallGAF Club. I don't dare to make a new one.
Oh crap, I forgot about that. I added the link to the Xbox Club thread to the second post.

Hopefully he's around to get people in that so there's another layer of TitanGAF community on XBO.

I'm writing up a draft of the PC performance thread now. I'll post it when I wake up (which'll be when the game's out in the eastern end of the world), and add in some initial impressions as I work through things.

Quote to see a link to the Google Doc in case anyone wants to help out writing it.

Animator

It sucks as I went with GMG as they are the more 'reputable' of key selling sites from my understanding.. People on /r/Titanfall are receiving their CDkeys.com keys just fine.

Yea I got my cdkeys code delivered this morning and already preloaded. Never had a problem with GMG or Cdkeys in the past tbh.

duckroll

How many bosses are there in SP? How many levels/chapters? How varied are the stages? Is everything made using MP content or are there totally original assets? How are the set pieces and encounter design? Are there giant dinosaur monsters?

SwolBro

Banned
Damn did the TItanfall 1 servers take a major hit. Population shrunk overnight by a thousand.

Lets hope tomorrow runs smooth as hell for Titanfall 2.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Pumped for this, but too much to play and do right now. Going to buy Digitally on the 10th.

(Assuming the TF2 patch is on the 10th, if not, I'll wait for the patch)

So for the VPN, if I connect to one and get the game to unlock, can I just disconnect and continue to play the game as if it had unlocked normally? Or do I have to be connected to the VPN until the game comes out in my actual region.

GlamFM

Banned
GUYS!

Help me make a decision.

Should I get this for PC or PS4?

Don´t want to play with mouse and keyboard - Does that mean I wouldn´t have a chance in PC MP?

GUYS!

Help me make a decision.

Don´t want to play with mouse and keyboard - Does that mean I wouldn´t have a chance in PC MP?

If you are good with a controller, you'll be able to drag your own weight on PC for quite a long time. Don't expect to do well later against veterans though.

Poster#1

GUYS!

Help me make a decision.

As much i want to get it on PC, I know the community won't last long. I think you're better off with PS4 version.

I'm interested to see/hear more of the campaign. I think this will be the best FPS campaign in the pre-Christmas period (with the exception of COD4, but that's cheating!), although I wasn't expecting much competition from Battlefield 1. I'm not really a multiplayer guy though so would probably wait for the price to drop if I were buying it for the campaign.

anothertech

How many bosses are there in SP? How many levels/chapters? How varied are the stages? Is everything made using MP content or are there totally original assets? How are the set pieces and encounter design? Are there giant dinosaur monsters?
This this THIS!

JimiNutz

Banned

There must be giant Dinosaur monsters in at least one Titanfall game!
If not TF2 then TF3 dammit.

Haines

Banned
Can't decide idea between xbox elite controller and ps4 extra power.

I really do love my elite but the resolution sacked balls on xbox last round.

No one wants to talk about the campaign. :(

Can anyone compare it with Lost Planet 1? Cmon. Where are the impressions?!

A lot of the reviews either are tongue-tied by NDA or legitimately worried about giving away big, fun surprises by saying anything. Jeff's review at GiantBomb even explicitly states as much.

It's reported to be roughly 4 hours long but has a lot of variety along the way, so spoiling one thing can spoil a major aspect of the game, apparently.

... that said, I'm also curious, but not too long until I'm finding out myself. Might need a dedicated spoiler thread to avoid sullying the experience for some.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Learn to play like a nasty Genji with those deflects.

Yeah, should try again. The range is what's getting to me. You have to be close to use your gun and your sword. Easy when it's just one, but the moment there's like 2-3 Titans on the map, you're like tissue paper that's going to be used to wipe someone's ass. :(

I shall refer you to the thread title.

LOL! Point!

Pumped for this, but too much to play and do right now. Going to buy Digitally on the 10th.

(Assuming the TF2 patch is on the 10th, if not, I'll wait for the patch)

Patch is already out from what I know. :)

I'll try to answer 'em. :)

1)
Just a few and all of them are Titans. I'd say, there's 4-6 maybe? Forgot.

2)
Nine chapters total

3) Very! There's this one stage where Respawn did something really cool gameplay-wise.Most of the "wow" and special moments are due to gameplay and not cutscenes (there's none of this).

4) Original assets

5)
Pretty good. No actual setpieces and don't expect to take out wave A and then go to next area to clear stage from wave B.

6)
Kind of. yes.

Hope this helped. :)

A lot of the reviews either are tongue-tied by NDA or legitimately worried about giving away big, fun surprises by saying anything. Jeff's review at GiantBomb even explicitly states as much.

It's reported to be roughly 4 hours long but has a lot of variety along the way, so spoiling one thing can spoil a major aspect of the game, apparently.

... that said, I'm also curious, but not too long until I'm finding out myself. Might need a dedicated spoiler thread to avoid sullying the experience for some.

Well, yeah. Almost all, or all, reviews didn't touch or give anything away since why would we? I think the really "wow" moment of the game comes from a gameplay mechanic which I won't spoil.

The accolades trailer for Titanfall 2 will be something, I think.

Also, the four-hours thing applies only if it's played on normal, I think. Play it on hard right away. I mean, if you've played shooters before, play it on hard. No reason not to. It's not that hard. even. :)

GUYS!

Help me make a decision.

Depends on how good to your PC I guess. Not dick measuring but I have a 1440p 165hz monitor so the extra fidelity takes precedence over a larger community. I never had problems finding a game of attrition on PC 2 years after release. The other game modes were baron though.

Also re controller, you will be fine, game has the same aim assist as on console. Thoughtful movement is more important than how good your shot is in this game.

Milennia

Anyone know if you can play as a female pilot for all load outs if you choose to?

Saw a video of what's looked like a gender toggle

Impulsor

I had this compeltely off my radar with BF1 and COD. Tried COD beta, hated it, and learned that a couple friends are getting this for PS$, so went ahead and got it.

It seems its reviewing better than the original, which I enjoyed a lot. So yay!

Don't suppose anyone knows if all the servers goes live at the same time, or in fact if they are live now?

I'll be VPN'ing regardless just want to know whether I can expect to get a game of MP or if I'll be playing SP until 11pm GMT.

Joyful

Don't suppose anyone knows if all the servers goes live at the same time, or in fact if they are live now?

I'll be VPN'ing regardless just want to know whether I can expect to get a game of MP or if I'll be playing SP until 11pm GMT.

the servers are up yes

Top Bottom