• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

GlamFM

Banned
DerZuhälter;221668939 said:
Cancelled my preorder for PS4.

Broke my hand and can't hold a controller until at least december. Maybe it's cheaper then.

That´s no excuse...

nNOLuR4.png

5P3tEt7.png

cGk86dS.png

I made a discord channel for Titanfall. Quote to see it

I hope it gets added to the OP.
I joined this one too. The one posted by Animator seems to have a bunch of people already in it, which may be either a blessing or a curse given the link is public and yours is private. I'll be using both throughout today and we'll see what ends up shaking out.

I think I just found my reason to not go back to sleep. The hype is real, just three more hours!
Yeah, I just woke up from a very unsuccessful 3 hour nap.

We'll see how long I last today... If I'm not careful my "sick day" will turn into an actual sick day.

B00TE

Yeah, I just woke up from a very unsuccessful 3 hour nap.

Same-ish, my sleep was nothing but chunks of 30-45 minute naps followed by IS IT TIME YET, disappointment, then another attempt at actually sleeping, lol.
If I'd overslept and Lren didn't wake me up, I'd have brained him.

TEN MINUTES?!

Lren

It's up and running for me! Can't seem to find the servers so it might be right to single player for the time being!

KodaRuss

Anyone know what exactly you upgrade with the weapons in MP? I know there are attachments you can unlock but I hear you can upgrade the weapons themselves. Does that mean rate of fire, aim, overall damage?

Maybe I am wrong about this.

I wish the maps would have more creative settings.

The mechanics lend themselves so well for something that isn't your average near-future military-industrial blandness.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm in that curious but familiar position where I can't decide to get it for PC, PS4 or Xbox One.

I have more friends on PSN than anywhere else (especially since it's Origin PC), a great rig and it's cheaper on PC....and the Xbox One controller is second to none on FPS IMO.

PC with Xbox One controller (I prefer it to KB+M) could be the go, but I'm scared after TF1's PC pop died after about 2 weeks..... this is some first world gaming problems right here lol.

Theorry

Watched some streams. They did a great job with the content now. Lots of stuff to unlock also. Love the Titan art btw.

Poster#1

I joined this one too. The one posted by Animator seems to have a bunch of people already in it, which may be either a blessing or a curse given the link is public and yours is private. I'll be using both throughout today and we'll see what ends up shaking out..

I made it private so only members can join it. no randoms :D.

Got a PC copy on the way to me tomorrow. Yes I know it's just a box with a code more than likely. Needed that Prime discount.

My first Titanfall game! I think between this and BF1 I am set for FPS for a while :D

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Anyone know what exactly you upgrade with the weapons in MP? I know there are attachments you can unlock but I hear you can upgrade the weapons themselves. Does that mean rate of fire, aim, overall damage?

Maybe I am wrong about this.

Don't think you can. It's attachments/mods and camos.

Tf2 might not have a lot of guns, but what's there are all viable. No throwaways. Also, weapon DLC will be free as well.

Livestream embargo lifts today, we'll be streaming MP later. :)

Anyone know if you can play as a female pilot for all load outs if you choose to?

Saw a video of what's looked like a gender toggle

Yes you can. Right in the loadout screen.

Anyone know if Greenmangaming is giving out keys for this already or is waiting still?

There's been a couple cases where GMG have delivered keys after release. I remember there being a thing with Overwatch where it was almost a full day after launch before they sent keys.

Bumhead

Banned
I wish the maps would have more creative settings.

The mechanics lend themselves so well for something that isn't your average near-future military-industrial blandness.

The first game had a nice spread of natural environments, is this not the case with TF2?

Strakt

Austrslia VPN works and am able to play. Game doesnt have windowed borderless so if you want it type:

-noborder -windowed

in launch properties after unlocking via vpn

The first game had a nice spread of natural environments, is this not the case with TF2?
Yeah, they pretty much all have these boring buildings though. I wish it would go full sci-fi/over-the-top in themes. Like a Mirror's Edge type minimalist setting, a Blade Runner type futuristic city, etc.

B00TE

Austrslia VPN works and am able to play. Game doesnt have windowed borderless so if you want it type:

-noborder -windowed

Thanks for this.

Playing the campaign now, waiting on the multiplayer a bit.

Enclose

Just played the SP for an hour on PC.

Holy shit, im very impresesd how good this game looks and feels overall. Awesome!

Cant wait to play more later!

The game won't even unlock until around 11:00 pm for me tonight but I still spent the entire night waking up every 45 minutes wondering if it was playable yet. My fiancé was... annoyed, to say the least, lol.

You're killing my relationship, Respawn!

Corpekata

Banned
Getting "Error: the VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. setup cannot continue (1601)" every time I try to install the pre-load on PC. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Getting this error too. Lame.

Edit: Think I fixed. I had to remove the VC from the 2010 folder. Should be something like Origin/Titanfall 2/Installer/VC/Vc2010SP1/Redist.

Should be an x64 exe in there, when i tried it manually, a repair would fail. Remove it and then reinstalling it allowd Origin to seemingly finished the preload.

Mechazawa

-noborder -windowed

Aw yeah, good lookin' out. Would've been the first thing I dugged around for.
Yeah, they pretty much all have these boring buildings though. I wish it would go full sci-fi/over-the-top in themes. Like a Mirror's Edge type minimalist setting, a Blade Runner type futuristic city, etc.
Pray for War Games 2.0, brehs.

Hoo boy, something's seriously weird about the original PC TitanGAF network I created. I wasn't in it when I launched the game, changing settings results in random options after saving, and I couldn't promote/kick/etc anyone in there. Dunno what happened to it, but apparently you can create multiple networks with the same name, so I just made a new one.

I'm sending out invites to the network now. They'll expire in 7 days (you have to set an expiration on them, weirdly enough). It also looks like you can request to join the network in-game. Go for the one linked in the second post (it has "GAF" as the tag instead of "gaf", the latter of which was another result of the web frontend doing weird things).

EDIT: Also looks like I can't admin the new network from the web interface, so something's really weird there. At least I can approve people in the new one though, so that'll do for now.

Mupod

Hoo boy, something's seriously weird about the original PC TitanGAF network I created. I wasn't in it when I launched the game, changing settings results in random options after saving, and I couldn't promote/kick/etc anyone in there. Dunno what happened to it, but apparently you can create multiple networks with the same name, so I just made a new one.

I'm sending out invites to the network now. They'll expire in 7 days (you have to set an expiration on them, weirdly enough). It also looks like you can request to join the network in-game. Go for the one linked in the second post (it has "GAF" as the tag instead of "gaf", the latter of which was another result of the web frontend doing weird things).

EDIT: Also looks like I can't admin the new network from the web interface, so something's really weird there. At least I can approve people in the new one though, so that'll do for now.

I tried joining the group from the web interface last night and it kept giving me 500 server errors.

Ugh. Homestead is honestly still such a crappy map. It's terrible. It has no flow so you get shot from every fucking direction and there's nothing to wall run on. So, so bad. :/

jesu

What happens on the Xbox One if you unlock achievements before they are up?
Do they pop once they're up?
Don't want to start the campaign yet If I'll have to do it again for the achievements.

I tried joining the group from the web interface last night and it kept giving me 500 server errors.
Yeah, something is really wrong with that web interface.

To join the network, just search "TitanGAF" in game and request membership. Hopefully things work out with the web interface soon.

RedFury

Anybody that wants in on GAF group (PS4) make sure to get your name on the excel sheet and I'll send out invites as soon as possible.

Anybody that wants in on GAF group (PS4) make sure to get your name on the excel sheet and I'll send out invites as soon as possible.
I'm not sure inviting people actually IS possible; it looks like people have to apply to the network in game and someone has to approve it.

If there is a way to invite people, I haven't found it yet.

B00TE

Yeah been hearing it's definitely worth going with hard difficulty on the campaign.

What's so much better about it than normal? Is normal just too easy?
Haven't tried normal, but I'm sailing through on hard just fine. Just enough lethality that it's a decent challenge for me, only died once so far because I got swarmed. Had a few close calls other than that. The mechanics just work so well.

Top Bottom