• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Mupod

the vending machine at work has titanfall 2 double XP codes on packs of doritos. You literally have to go to a site called 'dewandoritos.ca' to activate them. I'm speechless but there's a D-Va joke here somewhere.

I'm sitting in the Pilot Gauntlet trying to get used to hitting crouch every time I hop now, trying to make perfect circles in the weapons area at 400 velocity.

It's way harder than I expected. Not sure how I feel about it.
Ahh ok. So I have to wait for my copy? :(
Maybe? The console networks might not be so busted. See if you can't coordinate with someone on the spreadsheet and get them to request an invite from in game, and then check if that pops up in the web interface. I tried it on PC and I somehow accepted myself into my own group (which, I was surprised I had to do in the first place), but everything else seemed so broken that I remade the network.

Izuna

Banned
I'm sitting in the Pilot Gauntlet trying to get used to hitting crouch every time I hop now, trying to make perfect circles in the weapons area at 400 velocity.

It's way harder than I expected. Not sure how I feel about it.

It's the most unfortunate thing in this game. I'm not sure why they added an extra requirement for bunny-hopping. It also looks daft.

I expect to get used to it over time though.

So is Master difficulty an unlockable or something? I haven't heard any impressions of it yet.

It's there from the start.

I started on Hard as well. Very fun so far. I'm not usually a campaign person. Strictly a MP guy but I'm glad I'm going through this.

The movement is sooo good. So fluid. Looking for collectibles is a blast as well.

I'll add myself to the Xbox later tonight.

KodaRuss

the vending machine at work has titanfall 2 double XP codes on packs of doritos. You literally have to go to a site called 'dewandoritos.ca' to activate them. I'm speechless but there's a D-Va joke here somewhere.

I saw them at Target last week. Guess Ill be munching on doritos this weekend.

Also, for Buffalo Wild Wings skin do you have to just order food and they give you a code or do you have to get weird looks from your server when you ask about a Titanfall 2 code when you go there?

B00TE

Taking a break from the SP. I can connect to the multiplayer just fine but my brother can't, which is odd. Also, I have the Red Baron skin for Ion. I have a PS4 copy of BF1, but have played the Xbone and PC early access trials, so not sure it matters what platform you own it on or if it came from the trial on PC.

Added my info to the spreadsheet and applied for networks on both PS4 and XB1 and the XB1 club since I'm still debating which system to get it for. Gotta decide soon. hmmm

It's the most unfortunate thing in this game. I'm not sure why they added an extra requirement for bunny-hopping. It also looks daft.

I expect to get used to it over time though.
It's the fact that you have to release and hold crouch every time that gets me. If I could just hold down crouch, I'd have no problem doing it every time.

EDIT: Ah, you only have to tap crouch to get the slide, not hold it. That makes things easier.

KodaRuss

It's the fact that you have to release and hold crouch every time that gets me. If I could just hold down crouch, I'd have no problem doing it every time.

EDIT: Ah, you only have to tap crouch to get the slide, not hold it. That makes things easier.

I am sure everyone will get used to it.

Much like playing Skate for the first time or Olli Olli? It took a while to get the hang of how those games controlled but after some practice it went really smoothly and felt great.

Lren

Taking a break from the SP. I can connect to the multiplayer just fine but my brother can't, which is odd. Also, I have the Red Baron skin for Ion. I have a PS4 copy of BF1, but have played the Xbone and PC early access trials, so not sure it matters what platform you own it on or if it came from the trial on PC.

Beginning to think it's because I'm on a wireless connection and you are wired. Gonna keep trying different solutions!

Izuna

Banned
YES! I'll be playing this on a decent monitor (in return for buying my nephew Rise of Iron because he's a fool). No more of this 45ms 4:2:2 <80% sRGB POS that I've been using.

<3 A beast as awoken within me.

Waaghals

Do we have confirmation that tunnelbear etc works in unlocking this game.

I see people recommending it, but has it been tried in practice?

dankir

If these are the achievements/trophies which I'm 99% they are. I'm pretty dissapointed.

Welcome to the 6-4 - Earned all trophies - Platinum
The Student... - Beat Pilot Anderson's Gauntlet ghost recorder time - Bronze
...Becomes the Master - Place in the top 3 on the Gauntlet scoreboard - Bronze
It Was Coming Right For Us - Kill a Caged Prowler in the Wildlife Research Labs - Bronze
Excessive Force - Destroy a Titan with your Burst Core in the Campaign - Bronze
Angel of Death - Destroy a Titan with your Flight Core in the Campaign - Bronze
Fire Everything! - Destroy a Titan with your Salvo Core in the Campaign - Bronze
I have the Power! - Destroy a Titan with your Sword Core in the Campaign - Bronze
Face Melter - Destroy a Titan with your Laser Core in the Campaign - Bronze
Aim Bot - Destroy a Titan with your Smart Core in the Campaign - Bronze
Flame On! - Destroy a Titan with your Flame Core in the Campaign - Bronze
Coup de Grace - Destroy a Mercenary Titan with a melee execution in the Campaign - Bronze
Hat Trick - Destroy 3 enemy Titans with 1 Core ability in the Campaign - Bronze
Annihilation - Kill 25 infantry in 2 seconds as a Titan in the Campaign - Bronze
You can be my Wingman anytime - Destroy an enemy Titan as a Pilot in the Campaign - Bronze
I know Kung Fu - Shoot and kill 3 enemies in a row while wallrunning as a Pilot in the Campaign - Bronze
Power Slide - Shoot and kill 3 enemies in a row while sliding as a Pilot in the Campaign - Bronze
Cowboy Up - Rodeo an enemy Titan in the Campaign - Bronze
Apex Predator - Perform a melee takedown while cloaked in the Campaign - Bronze
Robot Army - Acquire 6 or more friendly Stalkers at the same time in the Campaign - Bronze
Certified Pilot - Complete the Campaign on Normal - Silver
Renowned Pilot - Complete the Campaign on Hard - Silver
Legendary Pilot - Complete the Campaign on Master - Gold
Jack of All Trades - Collect all of BT's loadouts in the Campaign - Bronze
Off the Beaten Path - Find 10 Collectibles - Bronze
Collector - Find 25 Collectibles - Silver
Every Nook and Cranny - Find All Collectibles - Gold
So It Begins... - Win a multiplayer match - Bronze
Lock and Load - Customize a multiplayer loadout - Bronze
Free Association - Join a player created Multiplayer Network - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Bronze
Hidden Trophy - Silver
Hidden Trophy - Silver
Hidden Trophy - Silver
Hidden Trophy - Silver
Hidden Trophy - Silver

I know they're going to add in a lot more in the future, but look pretty easy.

dankir

Why do people refer to these games as R1 and R2?

Yeah I'm wondering that too. TF1 achievements were rewarding, these look like they just phoned it in. I'm going to get my 100 daily challanges achievement today actually and finish with 1975.

Really surprised they weren't more creative though, I remember seeing that almost every achievement had a diamond next to it, doesn't look like enough people unlocked them?

jesu

I've actually been wondering this myself -- I have to guess it's because TF1 & 2 are too well known as Team Fortress, so R1 & 2 after Respawn the studio?

It's what Respawn call them, Release 1 and 2.
Seeing it used on here is a bit cringeworthy.

Sounds like that'd require crouch to be toggle. Hmm.
Yep, didn't realize crouch was on toggle. Moving it to hold made it so I can just hold crouch and press space, which makes things super easy. I also set up a toggle to hold down crouch until the button is pressed again:

Code:
alias togglecrouch "+duck; bind mouse5 crouchswap"
alias crouchswap "-duck; bind mouse5 togglecrouch"
bind mouse5 togglecrouch

Bumhead

Banned
Just tried joining the GAF club in the second post of this thread, still just says there's only 1 member though? This stuff live yet?

Lren

Still cannot connect to any of the data centers. None even show up on the list, just seems to hang at Searching. This is regardless of being on my VPN or not. Have tried deactivating my firewall, running as admin, repairing the game, and various connections through the VPN. A little frustrated but going to hop back into the single player while I try to think of some more solutions.

Izuna

Banned
Yep, didn't realize crouch was on toggle. Moving it to hold made it so I can just hold crouch and press space, which makes things super easy. I also set up a toggle to hold down crouch until the button is pressed again:

Code:
alias togglecrouch "+duck; bind mouse5 crouchswap"
alias crouchswap "-duck; bind mouse5 togglecrouch"
bind mouse5 togglecrouch

That's delicious. I can't do that for controller but for PC I'll defo do that. The only thing is that you need to repress crouch after each hop right?

Top Bottom