• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresto

Already answered, but not much time at all, especially when the game actually launches and it's easier to find a match on a specific map in campaign. And I wouldn't consider it a waste. They're better matches than standard attrition and hardpoint domination.

Oh, it's not separate? Good deal

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
HQ5EYOT.png

Sweet.

Oh yes, I needed this in my veins. I can relax now, game is insane.

Btw, anyone knows any websites with a good price? A couple of friends want to buy it but it's sold out at cdkeyshere and direct2play as well.

Nydius

Yep. I have managed to get relatively stable 60 or just shy by dropping my texture resolution from very high to high, 2XMSAA, and effects quality down to low. It has helped a good deal.

Thanks.
I did exactly this and it has helped tremendously.

Now if only there were a setting to make me suck less at shooting things.

Ergo, I lost. We've all lost. THERE IS NO HOPE

Edit:

On a serious note... I am buying the Titanfall Xbone Bundle. My gf's roommate has a xbone himself. Since I only get a digital code, can I log into his xbox with my account and play it there too?

Yeah you should be able to. I've not tested this for any game, but that's how I understand it.

T.O.P

Banned
Does anyone else not care about the campaign multiplayer, it looks like a generic story forced into the multiplayer.

Yup

I wanna see the cinematics because so far they looked pretty awesome but apart from that i bought it for the mp (obviously) so i'll unlock Strifer and Ogre as fast as possible and never look back

Hixx

Played about 4 hours of it and enjoying it but I dislike Rise quite a lot. The training map also sucks (it just doesn't seem to fit in with the parkour gameplay) and there's another rather huge map that is full of buildings but just feels like a mess, though I cannot remember its name.

Otherwise the maps are all rather enjoyable, still have 4 or 5 to see!

spadge

Btw, anyone knows any websites with a good price? A couple of friends want to buy it but it's sold out at cdkeyshere and direct2play as well.

cdkeys.com has it fairly cheap, and there's also the method of using a proxy to get it from the Mexican Origin for a decent price.

I plan to start downloading the game before I leave for work tomorrow. My question is, do I have to set my Xbox to stay on? I think I have it set to shut off after an hr of not being used. Or would it stay on till the download is finished? Thanks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lagoon looks nice but it's way too big. A lot of the times I spawn a minute away from where the action is going on.

Bsigg12

Played about 4 hours of it and enjoying it but I dislike Rise quite a lot. The training map also sucks (it just doesn't seem to fit in with the parkour gameplay) and there's another rather huge map that is full of buildings but just feels like a mess, though I cannot remember its name.

Otherwise the maps are all rather enjoyable, still have 4 or 5 to see!

The zip lines on Training Ground in a CTF match are amazing. It makes grabbing the flag exciting because if you get to the zipline you have a pretty good shot of making it to cover on top of the building unless you're being pursued by a Titan.

Shade360

Neo Member
Final game worse than the beta.. I'm shocked..

Had to turn all the settings right down, much lower than the beta.. looks like poo

Haly

I'd like a single player campaign if only because no one is queueing for the MP.

I want my Chassis!

bidguy

Banned
What if at midnight, after the game releases, we get a trailer for Halo 2 Anniversary.

That would make me a happy boy.

chettlar made a pretty good guess, they will probably reveal it at gdc alongside direct x 12

ntkrnl said some news about halo should drop in march

Also, I seem to remember the beta having an in-game triple buffering option. Is that no longer available?

Triple buffering is definitely missing now

Also for those looking for a deal, I stumbled upon this http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...two-day-sale-for-60-save-50-ends-31114/page-2

Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked is $60 for 2 years, which gets you 20% off the game, also if you preorder Titanfall (today would be the last day lol) you get $10 GC back as well.

Anyone feel like the Campaign Multiplayer is super half assed? Its no different from Multiplayer except you get a 30second-1minute audio clip before the match and they just cylce through the maps...

Speaking to Eurogamer, Baker confirmed that 792p is the same resolution as the beta and that they’re experimenting with several options to try an increase it, without compromising the frame-rate.

“We’ve been experimenting with making it higher and lower. One of the big tricks is how much ESRAM we’re going to use, so we’re thinking of not using hardware MSAA and instead using FXAA to make it so we don’t have to have this larger render target.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/10/tit...-likely-to-be-increased-according-to-respawn/

Hmmmmmmm

AngryMoth

Hi guys, I'm thinking I will boot camp my parents imac while I'm at home for easter so I can play the pc version, just got a quick question. Are there any controller only servers? I'm terrible with mouse and keyboard and tbh I find using a controller to be more fun for shooters. Not a deal breaker but would be a helpful feature for me.

The Cowboy

I have to say, despite loving the game (in terms of what it is) - I really am not impressed with how it performs. It to me seems like the maps from the beta are the best performing maps (perhaps why they got picked for the beta?) and others have real issues in certain sections.

My PC whilst not being a beast by todays standards can run BF3 at high settings on 64 player servers pretty much without issue, yet in this on high settings in some maps I've seen my FPS drop from 60 in parts of a map to the mid 20's in the others - that isn't good. Add to this the removal of triple buffering and I'm not that impressed with any optimisation that has happened since the beta, even the new NVidia drivers don't help (in fact I noticed no improvement in performance at all with them).

I was really hoping there would have been some optimisation to the game from the beta build to release build to make it run better, but frankly - it seems to run worse for me.
---
So I love the game and gameplay, but I'm not loving how it performs considering how it looks (whilst not ugly, it certainly doesn't perform as well as it should considering its visuals).

Haly

Crap. I was afraid of this. I used to hate playing BF3 sometimes because of this very reason. Please tell me this isn't that bad!

Not all the maps are like this, but one or two of them (Boneyard comes to mind) could feel "smaller".

Or it's maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the layouts.

The Cowboy

i got to 5/9 of the Militia and then the whole enemy team bailed and the game hasn't been able to find more opponents :/
What's annoying me about the campaign it having to repeat whole sections of it if you leave a server or everyone else does.

I've done the 1st few maps more than 4 times now (I have 2 more to finish) and every time I get towards the end if everyone leaves or I have to log out, I always end up back at the start of the chain again - it would be nice if the resume campaign made sure you pick up from where you left off.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I'm gonna stay in here for a while and read impressions where its safe. Some of the other threads kicking about are dangerous lol.

lem0n

Gamefly has a 20% off code, works on TF from what I hear.. check out with code MAR20OFF. Ends up being $47.99 I think

What's annoying me about the campaign it having to repeat whole sections of it if you leave a server or everyone else does.

I've done the 1st few maps more than 4 times now (I have 2 more to finish) and every time I get towards the end if everyone leaves or I have to log out, I always end up back at the start of the chain again - it would be nice if the resume campaign made sure you pick up from where you left off.

I heard it was a pain if you quit, so I made sure to just marathon it. Guess i was lucky

Yeah I tried going back to the 6th map and starting it up but the lobby was empty, I'm sure it'll get better when it actually launches in the US, doesn't help that its like 6am in the morning in South Korea haha

How are people playing early on the PC?

Asia based VPNs

Jarmel

Banned
Not all the maps are like this, but one or two of them (Boneyard comes to mind) could feel "smaller".

Or it's maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the layouts.

Nexus,Training Ground, and Rise were all seemingly designed for a larger player count.

The main problem with Boneyard is that it's not well designed for parkouring.

Zeliard

I think it's ideal that there are some larger maps. When most players are able to parkour very well then people will be moving around the maps at good speeds and encountering each other more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom