• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yatesl

I'm having an issue where the came will just freeze - straight up lock - for a couple of seconds before carrying on. Might happen once or twice a match, but very annoying.

The thing is, due to the way the game is built, I can't tell if it's a hardware/optimisation thing, or because I'm from the UK playing on US servers (with a 160ms ping)

Xyber

Well, I'm hoping for a day one update. I've tried everything and installed the new drivers. It did nothing. Plays just as bad as it was playing yesterday.

It sucks because not everyone is having the same problems. So there's less of a chance of it actually getting fixed.

The game is unplayable with vsync on for me. I have it set to off in the game and off in the nvidia control panel settings for the game. I get less stuttering that way, but the game is still locked at 60fps which isn't great for me with a 144Hz monitor.

The stuttering was there and it was just as bad in the beta for me and a lot of others, I don't have high hopes on getting a fix soon..

Well, I'm hoping for a day one update. I've tried everything and installed the new drivers. It did nothing. Plays just as bad as it was playing yesterday.

It sucks because not everyone is having the same problems. So there's less of a chance of it actually getting fixed.

When I played the beta I had to bring everything down a surprising amount to maintain a consistent 60fps. Pretty sure I had everything set to low and at 720p but with vsync on. Obviously my 2GB 550 ti is in no way a screamer, but I was a tad bit disappointed I couldn't use better texture options. I'm guessing we'll see game patches fix a lot of these issues. I went through similar pains when Tomb Raider came out.

Nydius

Man, I really love this game an all, but one hit kicks and super range shotguns are making me rage too much. Reminds me of all the shit I hated about COD, oh well not everything is perfect.

Have to agree on the shotguns. They're a bit much. Better range, it seems, than the SMG with hella more damage.

That said, I haven't seriously played shooters in a very long time but even when I'm doing bad I feel like I'm contributing.
Even when I'm doing abysmal, it's still more fun than I've had with any shooter since COD4 years ago.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Now that the reviews are in some people have went from wishing it gets bad reviews to hoping the servers fail tomorrow. I think they will be fine.

Haines

Banned
Man, I really love this game an all, but one hit kicks and super range shotguns are making me rage too much. Reminds me of all the shit I hated about COD, oh well not everything is perfect.

Maybe wait til everything is unlocked at least b4 balance complaints. Things will change quickly.

Milennia

7 more hurs until i can pickup my copy :/
Guess i can fiddle around with twitch for a bit.

Going to be streaming from the xbone after i pick up the game.

Bsigg12

Now that the reviews are in some people have went from wishing it gets bad reviews to hoping the servers fail tomorrow. I think they will be fine.

Microsoft, since they're the ones handling all the server stuff, has too much riding on this for them to fail entirely so I'm sure they'll have a ton spun up by midnight tonight eastern.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Got to resist buying the PC version now...all my friend will be playing on xbox one, the wait is awful when I know I could be playing now.

I'll have two xbones as of tomorrow and was wondering, will I be able to use the digital version on both? Not playing at the same, just individually so I don't have to move a console from one room to another.

I'll have two xbones as of tomorrow and was wondering, will I be able to use the digital version on both? Not playing at the same, just individually so I don't have to move a console from one room to another.

If you are signed in on both you can use it on either console. Just sign in and download.

That's my understanding at least.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
BiZUM2kCYAAkwLi.jpg

So this happened.

Edit, sorry, on my phone.

Someone should get these voice actors a cappuccino, they all sound so sleepy.

In spite of that, I'm still enjoying the cinematic stuff for what it is.

I feel like you level up a little too quickly. I haven't even played 3 hours and I am already a level 20.
It takes roughly 12-13 hours to get to level 50, then from there you get an XP boost each time you reach another generation, so it becomes even faster. Still, 100+ hours for 10th generation is quite a bit.

I tried dropping a Titan on the extraction ship but it looked like it went straight through it. I'm pretty sure I marked the drop point right under it. Anyone else try this? Would've been awesome if it worked.

bee

game is really good, get a real quakeish vibe from some of the little tricks you can do, looking forward to seeing some advanced stuff soon

780 predictably runs it super smooth all settings maxed (with new drivers), no dips that i saw and gpu never went above 60% usage, no sli though yet :( will need it if they unlock the fps to 120 or unlimited as they say they will

RS4-

Awesome, finish the campaign the second time, only to have the server just...disappear. I hope I don't have to play it again.

Sanic

PC performance is still disappointing, as even with everything set to low I have framerate issues (ie, not locked to 60) on every map. Better than beta though.

Navy Bean

Ugh, really starting to get that itch to play. Won't be able to until after work tomorrow. Please be nice to the servers until I get on!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Last of Us: 12 hour campaign. 8 multiplayer maps. 2 multiplayer modes - 95 Metascore best game eva

Bioshock Infinite: 12 hour campaign - 94 metascore omg story so deep

Titanfall: No campaign. 15 multiplayer maps. 5 games modes - 87 metascore where is all the content?

wrongway

Did the servers just go kerplonk? Got back home, played a round to test settings, then backed out and went to try the campaign and I'm getting "No servers found" :<

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Going to be streaming here in less than a few minutes. This is on 2 780ti's so let's hope it goes well. There is no frame drops in OBS so if there's stuttering it may be due to a slow internet connection on your end.

STREAM HERE

Stand by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom