• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Was just about to ask about SLI. Ah feels good to be back in the camp where profiles are needed and not delivered.

One 780ti should kill this game but still, what are we to do if we want to play at 4k!

I've read some weird fixes on how to fix the stuttering. Shame that we get some issues like this for such a high profile release.

284775331e1b574364e9e33daff51f91.gif

solarus

So I bought the game for cheap using the mexican vpn trick a while back... is it possible to request a refund off of origin or will doing so probably expose me and get my account banned? I've seen many use the mexican vpn trick to get cheap origin games but haven't seen much regarding refunding games bought that way, I did see one person who did but I need reassurance. I'm still hyped to play the game but I've decided I want to play it in a few months from now as I have enough games as it is.

yatesl

Is the PC version out globally tomorrow, or do Europeans have to wait until Friday? Any risks with VPNing origin?

Europeans have to wait until Friday. Unless you VPN.

Apparently no risks, unless you use it to get stuff for cheap (even then, loads of people bought the Mexican version for £22). Nothing in the ToS that I could see, anyway.

So I bought the game for cheap using the mexican vpn trick a while back... is it possible to request a refund off of origin or will doing so probably expose me and get my account banned? I've seen many use the mexican vpn trick to get cheap origin games but haven't seen much regarding refunding games bought that way, I did see one person who did but I need reassurance. I'm still hyped to play the game but I've decided I want to play it in a few months from now as I have enough games as it is.

They might be fine with it, but that strikes me as sticking your hand in to a bees hive and getting loads of honey, but then deciding to go back and hit the hive with a stick.

Strider

So Ive seen a couple of people wall hang over objections and stuff in videos. So how do I do that? Normally you just just slide down the wall...

I was able to cancel my pre-order from Origin Mexico before it completed and get a full refund. I don't know how it works if the order is already processed, though.

Delt31

wow - just logged in and was fearing the worst after hearing all of these optimization concerns. I can tell you i5 3570 with a gtx 780 stocked (slightly over clocked) runs this thing 60fps smooth as butter with the new drivers and vsync double buffer on along with everything maxed out including insane textures. damn this game plays well.

btw - running is so fast and constant that I actually use the delayed run option to save my thumbs of constantly pressing in. I'm a controller player too and it works really well. prob best i've seen thus far.

solarus

wow - just logged in and was fearing the worst after hearing all of these optimization concerns. I can tell you i5 3570 with a gtx 780 stocked (slightly over clocked) runs this thing 60fps smooth as butter with the new drivers and vsync double buffer on along with everything maxed out including insane textures. damn this game plays well.

Well seeing as a gtx 780 is one of the best high end GPUs money can buy and should be overkill for any game this generation, the fact that it runs fine for you does not mean its optimized.

Uff duh

Banned
One 780ti should kill this game but still, what are we to do if we want to play at 4k!

I've read some weird fixes on how to fix the stuttering. Shame that we get some issues like this for such a high profile release.

Where did you see these fixes? Its stuttering like crazy. beta only did when v-sync was on. Kinda making me crazy.

They did a pretty shit job optimizing the game. I might have to ask for a refund if they don't have a day one patch. I put everything on low and I still have HUGE stuttering problems. No idea whats going on. i can run BF3 in 1080p with everything maxed out.

So bummed out :[ Not sure what to do.

I fear there are going to be a lot of people come release day that are going to be extremely disappointed. The craziest thing is that this is a source engine game right?

Jito

Banned
They did a pretty shit job optimizing the game. I might have to ask for a refund if they don't have a day one patch. I put everything on low and I still have HUGE stuttering problems. No idea whats going on. i can run BF3 in 1080p with everything maxed out.

So bummed out :[ Not sure what to do.

I fear there are going to be a lot of people come release day that are going to be extremely disappointed. The craziest thing is that this is a source engine game right?

Installed the new drivers released today? Tried with all the different vsync settings or with borderless mode on maybe? Shame that you want to get rid of it without letting them fix it!

Sanic

I'm a little confused. I logged into Origin through a Korean VPN, launched the game, quit out of the game and origin, disconnected from the VPN, and now the game is showing as unactivated again?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I'm a little confused. I logged into Origin through a Korean VPN, launched the game, quit out of the game and origin, disconnected from the VPN, and now the game is showing as unactivated again?

You aren't suppose to quit the game or origin. Once you start the game via the VPN, just disconnect from the VPN. Don't quit the game or Origin. FYI you will have to do it for each time you connect to Origin before official release.

Delt31

Well seeing as a gtx 780 is one of the best high end GPUs money can buy and should be overkill for any game this generation, the fact that it runs fine for you does not mean its optimized.

agree that 780 is top tier BUT I've seen those with this same card saying they had issues.

Sanic

You aren't suppose to quit the game or origin. Once you start the game via the VPN, just disconnect from the VPN. Don't quit the game or Origin. FYI you will have to do it for each time you connect to Origin before official release.

Ah, alright, thanks. Annoying, but i'll deal. I've done early activations via VPN before a couple years ago, but only with Steam and I don't recall having to reconnect to the vpn each time.

Jito

Banned
Man, I really love this game an all, but one hit kicks and super range shotguns are making me rage too much. Reminds me of all the shit I hated about COD, oh well not everything is perfect.

oti

Banned
Preloading right now. Launch here is the 13th. Excited for my first multiplayer FPS since... Black Ops I think.

The Cowboy

Installed the new drivers released today? Tried with all the different vsync settings or with borderless mode on maybe? Shame that you want to get rid of it without letting them fix it!
Borderless mode would likely run worse, I've also tried every type of Vsync including none at all - the game it just poorly optimised. Also, they had a chance to fix it already, people where reporting performance issues in the alpha/beta and it seems nothing was done to fix it for retail release.

I'm not going for a refund myself (as I'm currently on a pad and happy to lock the game to 30fps - drastic measures IMO), but someone shouldn't have to give a dev time to fix something that should have been fixed already or at least acknowledged that it is being fixed (they haven't done this).

Bsigg12

Man, I really love this game an all, but one hit kicks and super range shotguns are making me rage too much. Reminds me of all the shit I hated about COD, oh well not everything is perfect.

I'm ok with the one hit kicks, the shotgun gets out of hand sometimes though.

Well, I'm hoping for a day one update. I've tried everything and installed the new drivers. It did nothing. Plays just as bad as it was playing yesterday.

It sucks because not everyone is having the same problems. So there's less of a chance of it actually getting fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom