• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wurdfurd

Any X1 players looking to play in a party tonight (thinking 10EST/7PST) send me a PM with your gamertag and ill send you a friend request and invite.

I'd rather play with a party of mic'd up people than randoms.

Timu

The shotgun is so overpowering that I went matches without dying once.o_O Like this for example:

iVfHsRyueRB0l.png

aravuus

Manual all the way. More control over my own movement = better.

Yep. Used the delayed sprint for a while at first but then I realized I have all these buttons free on my mouse, why not just put sprint on shift and something else somewhere else.

Delayed sprint is nice but fucks with my shotgun game way too much.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I rocked the hell out of the shotty in the beta, but I've been trying to spread out more and mainly used carbine and smgs now. I don't seem to die to it that much tho.

Zeliard

The shotgun is fun but I can't stop using the Carbine. :p

It was that way in the beta as well. I just love its versatility, especially since I'm often on rooftops and it has great range.

Though I haven't unlocked non-beta weapons yet, so we'll see. A lot of people seem hot on the C.A.R. SMG.

Best thing is when you find a shotgun laying on the ground, and replace your secondary weapon with it. Going around with both a Carbine and a Shotgun is the business.

It was that way in the beta as well. I just love its versatility, especially since I'm often on rooftops and it has great range.

Though I haven't unlocked non-beta weapons yet, so we'll see. A lot of people seem hot on the C.A.R. SMG.

Best thing is when you find a shotgun laying on the ground, and replace your secondary weapon with it. Going around with both a Carbine and a Shotgun is the business.

True dat. I'm a carbine man through and through.

They really need to nerf the Shotgun's range, though, it's pretty crazy. It was pretty good in the beta, I'm not sure why they went and turned it into this.

BondFancy

Really surprised that the creators of Call Of Duty didn't put in a type of overkill perk to allow two primary weapons.

Yeah, C.A.R. SMG is kinda my go-to, but I've been using all the weapons a bit as I've unlocked them (except for Smart Pistol, which I have used for exactly 0m). It seems incredibly lame to just use shotgun constantly.

Really surprised that the creators of Call Of Duty didn't put in a type of overkill perk to allow two primaries weapons.
Oh but they did. It's called swapping to pistol and picking up someone else's gun.

Zeliard

True dat. I'm a carbine man through and through.

They really need to nerf the Shotgun's range, though, it's pretty crazy. It was pretty good in the beta, I'm not sure why they went and turned it into this.

You mean it's been buffed since the beta?

Huh. Gonna need to mess around with it and see what's up.

BondFancy

Yeah, C.A.R. SMG is kinda my go-to, but I've been using all the weapons a bit as I've unlocked them (except for Smart Pistol, which I have used for exactly 0m). It seems incredibly lame to just use shotgun constantly.

Oh but they did. It's called swapping to pistol and picking up someone else's gun.

Well I meant more of starting off when you spawn with two primary weapons. I have terrible luck every time I try to corpse loot I get my ass blasted lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It didn't feel like they changed the shotgun from the beta to me, but when you look at certain aspects hardpoints being in closed off spaces to not let titans in, it means the shotgun does well there. It's a good and easy grunt killer while running around as it's just a single pop and you're on the move which is good for attrition or general build timer decreasing, and it's not half bad at doing burst damage while rodeoing a titan.

Then are also a lot of maps that are more akin to angel city opposed to fracture. I would probably not try to shotgun on lagoon or things of that nature, but if you do they still have areas more closed off and it's a perfect companion with stim to get through wider areas.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I still think the smart pistol is lame and when I see how someone "shot" me with it in a duel sometimes I roll my eyes. But the shotgun is a pandemic.

Problem isn't the shotgun, problem is the low TTK of the game. With the low TTK, fast-paced nature of the game and graphics such as they are you can't go, "Oh hey, that guy has a shotgun I need to pull back and engage at range." Instead it is, "Oh hey---I'm dead."

HelloMeow

I have this quirk that I never use ugly weapons in games, so I'll never use the shotgun in Titanfall.

That thing looks like a cross between a kettle and a gun. Damn it's ugly.
Problem isn't the shotgun, problem is the low TTK of the game. With the low TTK, fast-paced nature of the game and graphics such as they are you can't go, "Oh hey, that guy has a shotgun I need to pull back and engage at range." Instead it is, "Oh hey---I'm dead."

That is mostly only the case with the shotgun. If you keep moving, other weapons don't kill you that quickly most of the time.

Shakka

So what's with the huge percentage of players using a mic with this online in the PC version, at least according to the scoreboard?

I have never seen so many players using one on any PC online game. Is this some kind of bug in the interface, showing people having one even though they actually do not? It's like more than 90%. Plus, nobody ever talks, so why go through the trouble of connecting a microphone to your PC in the first place?

So what's with the huge percentage of players using a mic with this online in the PC version, at least according to the scoreboard?

I have never seen so many players using one on any PC online game. Is this some kind of bug in the interface, showing people having one even though they actually do not? It's like more than 90%. Plus, nobody ever talks, so why go through the trouble of connecting a microphone to your PC in the first place?

I think it just detects headphones that have microphones built in. It shows my Astros as being a mic, even if my mic is off or unplugged.

I think it was like that in the beta,i dont think it means they have a mic.
Maybe it detects that they are in a 3rd party like vent or something.

kewlmyc

I"m having problems activating the Origin overlay in game and invite doesn't work for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

Agree with this. I've had a few duels that lasted longer than five seconds because we were both wallrunning and trying to outmaneuver each other. They were fun as hell. Unfortunately they're a rarity because of the CoD-style TTK.

gossi

It shows me as having a mic. I don't have a mic.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Is there a mod that makes the carbine more accurate from the hip?

Woo-Fu

Banned
That is mostly only the case with the shotgun. If you keep moving, other weapons don't kill you that quickly most of the time.

I guess you're playing a different game. I get gunned down quickly by every weapon type in Titanfall except smart pistol and I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Other people seem to be figuring that out too as each day I see fewer people using smart pistol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, and even the Smart Pistol can kill very fast I go manual.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

I've heard one person talk, plenty of people have mics in but aren't using them or on Mumble.

The Cowboy

I love playing control point assassin.

Smart pistol with faster lock, cloak, either wallhanging or short cloak recharge (I swap these around based on map), satchel charges, lock on titan weapon and your choice of auto titan for following/guarding (best with a good anti pilot gun IMO) = fun times on control points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom