• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven77

I love the game but in the end it comes down to your personal tastes. You mentioned that you are pre-disposed to liking FPS MP so that's a good start. Game is hella fun for what it is. You playing on console or PC?

Console, my one friend who owns an Xbox one is also having a router issue with the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, you're right, there's a certain threshold and I think it correspond to what is considered a single building story.

Snicky

Adaptive v-sync is not nearly but almost there with G-sync i use it in almost all my games.

Good to know. I had used it in the past and was disappointed with the results but it looks like it has improved a lot. The game looks and feels gorgeous on a 55" plasma at 1080p maxed out.

Shade360

Neo Member
Amazing. EA are three for three with games that don't work when they come out

Suffering the same problem as they folks:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/...-after-5-minutes/td-p/2478176/highlight/false
. I had that - solved it myself..

Was being too hopeful with my settings - had all set to high..

Turned down shadows to low and textures to medium - and works now.

Think the swapping and loading into memory was too much - so reduced settings load quicker and connects first time now.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
My pings have been pretty bad, mostly 2-3 bar on Xbox, 100+ms on PC and super crusty. C'mon man, what am I an Australian? Get your shit together Time Warner, was more like 40ms during the beta.

LOL! Alright. Will do!

In all seriousness, a lot of people right now are playing this like Call of Duty. Just running around on ground level and looking for people to shoot at. You'll gain a drastic advantage by learning to wall run effectively and gaining a height advantage. The vast majority of my Pilot vs. Pilot kills are shooting enemies that are on lower ground.

That's the biggest pointer I'd give to anyone. Also, don't snipe, lol.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
People camping in Attrition while we kill all the Minions. smh.

MrBlonde

Finish the campaign x2 as fast as possible and never play it again.

Edit: "it" being the campaign

I did the 1st "campaign" last night, when I get home tonight im going to blast through the 2nd one so I unlock both Titans and yes I am never touching that again. I assume it automatically puts me on the other team for the 2nd campaign?

Zeliard

Attrition is pretty clearly the weakest game type.

Yeah in pubs it's your typical dumb FFA-esque mode. It's ostensibly a team-based mode, but with randoms it inevitably devolves into most just lonewolfing.

I do think it's a very good mode to generally get used to the game - the way the Pilot and Titan movement works and feels, trying out and upgrading different weapons and builds, learning some of the level layouts, etc...

But there can be a danger in a player investing too much time into Attrition and then going on to objective-based modes, as they may be conditioned to just go around trying to kill things instead of actually playing the objectives.

kaos424

So my PC has:

Intel Core 2 Quad Core 2.4Ghz
8GB RAM
GTX 550 TI
Windows 7 64 Bit

I'd love to play, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on if my PC will be able to handle it well?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So my PC has:

Intel Core 2 Quad Core 2.4Ghz
8GB RAM
GTX 550 TI
Windows 7 64 Bit

I'd love to play, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on if my PC will be able to handle it well?

Your specs are very similar to my laptops and on medium everything i eek out ~50 fps. But i usually disable shadows lol

Jarmel

Banned
I just took someone's soul. I sniped them with the Charge Rifle all the way across the map on Airbase.

Oh lawd I would be salty.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If you use a burn card like the nuclear titan explosion at the start of a match but die before getting a titan, does it still end up working?

Special C

The Plasma rail gun aim assist on Xbox seems.... strong. I'm not usually great with precision weapons but I'm popping pilots left and right with that thing.

Marleyman

Banned
I haven't seen a few of the maps yet either. I usually select "Variety Pack" when I play, so maybe picking Hardpoint or one of the others would help? I also seem to play Last Titan Standing and Capture the Flag more than anything else.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I played Lagoon 3-4 times, pretty much on par with other things. I only got Rise twice.

Actually, Angel City I have barely seen. I think I've gotten it once outside of the campaign.

Redshirt

Banned
On XB1 in campaign mode, after you've finished both the Militia and IMC, how do you switch been the Militia and IMC maps?

I have a two Militia maps I need wins on for the achievement, but it keeps sticking me on the IMC side.

On XB1 in campaign mode, after you've finished both the Militia and IMC, how do you switch been the Militia and IMC maps?

I have a two Militia maps I need wins on for the achievement, but it keeps sticking me on the IMC side.

If you use the mission select you can only be IMC.

You have to use the Quick Play option and hope it puts you on a Militia team in a lobby that is close to the mission you need.

I'm not sure if it's some kind of bug or what but I hope they change how that works.

Lima

I feel ya about too big. I Like them in hardpoint It keeps it more action packed. Provided people are PTFO and not trying to snipe.

I like these big maps in Last Titan Standing.

In every other mode? Fuck no.

Training grounds is the worst offender this. Good luck bringing home the flag without a titan on that map.

Special C

I have the same problem, only way I could do it was to play in a friends lobby who was on Militia campaign, even then we only won 2/3 levels I needed to win so I'm still missing one win. It's very annoying. You can try Quick match, it puts me in militia sometimes, but you only have a 1/18 chance of getting into any given level on the side you want.

Redshirt

Banned

You have to use the Quick Play option and hope it puts you on a Militia team in a lobby that is close to the mission you need.

I'm not sure if it's some kind of bug or what but I hope they change how that works.

Ahh. That stinks. Thanks.

BLCKATK

Wow that is bad. I have a few friends that still need militia done but every game we pop in is either last 2 missions of Militia or the entirety of IMC. Really sucks how difficult it is at times to get this campaign stuff done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom