• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xone9

Banned
wall hanging kinda sucks because you cant aim down your scope..

i unloaded two clips from carbine on a specter and it still didnt kill him.

They need to fix accuracy when you wall hang and shoot

Dub117

It just awarded me the IMC elite pilot challenge, and I didn't win every one nor have I played campaign since yesterday. Weird.

Zeliard

Is there a mod that makes the carbine more accurate from the hip?

No but I instinctively go iron sights to fire every time, even at close range. I'm actually surprised that comes so naturally to me since my online FPS background is in Quake and Tribes, both of which only have hip-firing weapons (outside of the sniper rifle in Ascend).

Mayyhem

Yah I've yet to find a situation where wall hanging would benefit me I'm am encounter. Its been counter productive

Ferny

I don't think you're mean't to really have perfect aim while hanging from a wall with one hand on the wall and the other holding your gun.

Strider

Took me 11 hours and 21 minutes to reach level 50.

I choked the MVP V challenge hard on my first run through. Finished with 49 MVPs :(

The Cowboy

I agree with the flags, but the points is a non issue anyway. There's normally only one point the titan can get to anyway.
Agreed, on each map only 1 point is possible to capture in a titan and as such its fine and dandy, but flag carriers should not be able to ride in a titan, on one is fine - but not in one.

I don't see it being changed, but I hope it does.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I don't think pilots should be able to get in titans with the flags. I would be fine with them being able to ride on the back of a friend.

Lima

Agreed, on each map only 1 point is possible to capture in a titan and as such its fine and dandy, but flag carriers should not be able to ride in a titan, on one is fine - but not in one.

I don't see it being changed, but I hope it does.

At least they should change it so that you can't cap the flag (or return your own) without having to get out of your titan.

The Cowboy

At least they should change it so that you can't cap the flag (or return your own) without having to get out of your titan.
I had no idea you could do that (I'm more of a harasser at the enemy area so never cap), that is something that should be changed ASAP.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
No but I instinctively go iron sights to fire every time, even at close range. I'm actually surprised that comes so naturally to me since my online FPS background is in Quake and Tribes, both of which only have hip-firing weapons (outside of the sniper rifle in Ascend).

Respawn nailed the controls to the wall in this game. It is so very intuitive pretty much everything becomes 2nd nature.

HelloMeow

I guess you're playing a different game. I get gunned down quickly by every weapon type in Titanfall except smart pistol and I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Other people seem to be figuring that out too as each day I see fewer people using smart pistol.

Maybe. I only die quickly if I'm moving too slow, or when I move at an unfortunate angle.

Or against a shotgun when I get within it's quite forgiving range, which is fine.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Great idea, would take feedback again A+++

12d83d406dc81f22b3249b64e0fbe5f2.gif

HelloMeow

Use the C.A.R. with the counterweight. I posted this pic earlier:

imauumcL00mFI.gif

Sean

Banned
Found the perfect loadout for Hardpoint Domination or Capture the Flag (if you play defense): Shotgun + Cloak + Satchel Charge + Explosive Pack + Dead Man's Trigger

Load your base up with 3 satchel charges and camp with shotty to get kills. If you get killed in the base, it still goes boom and they die too. Cheap as fuck but very effective.

Strider

It is hilarious to me when someone is chasing you and you run into a room and wall hang. They then run in after you and as they pass you drop down and shoot them in the back...

Shakka

I think it just detects headphones that have microphones built in. It shows my Astros as being a mic, even if my mic is off or unplugged.

Yeh, I suppose that might be part of it. But even then, I think there is something wrong with the interface as well (as gossi confirmed), the percentage is just too high.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just played a CTF match where my team did nothing to help play the objective. So damn frustrating. Go play another mode if you're not gonna do crap.

This game really hurts my eyes after a few hours. The different, contrasting bright colors/changes from black to white, and the fadt constant movement sometimes leaves me dizzy and disoriented.

Nydius

Just played a CTF match where my team did nothing to help play the objective. So damn frustrating. Go play another mode if you're not gonna do crap.

You sound like me today. I've had some of the worst Hardpoint Domination matches ever this afternoon. So many people just running around padding their KDR, doing nothing for the objectives. One guy even went off in text chat at the end of the match because he wasn't first on the leaderboard with all his pilot kills (he was dead last because he didn't do a damn thing to take or defend).

I dunno why I ever expect different results in randomly matchmade objective gametypes.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I just played my first CTF match. It was quite fun, though it is a little hard to keep track of the actual flag with all the action.

GravyButt

It is hilarious to me when someone is chasing you and you run into a room and wall hang. They then run in after you and as they pass you drop down and shoot them in the back...

I started doing that today. Enjoying it thoroughly. Oh that and when an enemy rodeos me and thinks they are smart and jump off. Ya, enjoy my satchel charge byatch!

Milennia

that or the smart pistol is just that much BS rolled up into one neat little package

(i hate that gun)

edit:

i'd also like to add that I dont think your team understands the concept of hardpoint

edit 2:

and i thought you got into that ship

wasn't by a smart pistol.

DarkFlow

Banned
You sound like me today. I've had some of the worst Hardpoint Domination matches ever this afternoon. So many people just running around padding their KDR, doing nothing for the objectives. One guy even went off in text chat at the end of the match because he wasn't first on the leaderboard with all his pilot kills (he was dead last because he didn't do a damn thing to take or defend).

I dunno why I ever expect different results in randomly matchmade objective gametypes.

Same shit happens with Attrition, which is odd since you need to kill shit. Most of my team just flat out ignored killing AI and we lost by over 100.

No. Just the emblem.
And if you are on XB1, achievements obviously.

Ah that's lame (on origin) maybe I'll do the first one but I've never really been into prestiging in COD games

So is the carbine hands down the best all around gun? Hows the lmg?!

I've only used the burn card version and the recoil is crazy high imo. I'm loving the CAR and I have a feeling this thing will get nerfed in the future lol

Ah that's lame (on origin) maybe I'll do the first one but I've never really been into prestiging in COD games

I've only used the burn card version and the recoil is crazy high imo. I'm loving the CAR and I have a feeling this thing will get nerfed in the future lol

I feel the same way. Bragging rights arent worth trading in all of that gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom