• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slowly getting back into the mindset I ended the beta at. I switched over to the R-97 SMG and tried the Stim ability and just had my best match yet. I'm nowhere near some all-time great player but I don't think I'm a hindrance to the team either. Saying that I will probably try and play later and get killed 20 times by grunts...lol

Lagoon's my least favourite map. Y'all aren't missing anything.

If you use the mission select you can only be IMC.

You have to use the Quick Play option and hope it puts you on a Militia team in a lobby that is close to the mission you need.

I'm not sure if it's some kind of bug or what but I hope they change how that works.
I can confirm this is not true. I just clicked 'Resume Campaign' after finishing the IMC campaign and it put me straight in a lobby as Militia.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lagoon's my least favourite map. Y'all aren't missing anything.

I can confirm this is not true. I just clicked 'Resume Campaign' after finishing the IMC campaign and it put me straight in a lobby as Militia.

Resume works to actually complete both, but it goes away once you beat both sides. Then you can do quick match or select one but it doesn't let you pick a side.

Nori Chan

On XB1 in campaign mode, after you've finished both the Militia and IMC, how do you switch been the Militia and IMC maps?

I have a two Militia maps I need wins on for the achievement, but it keeps sticking me on the IMC side.
What I did was hope that I would get the faction I wanted in the map before the one you needed. For some reason I was ALWAYS imc on boneyard and I needed to be militia.

th4tguy

I've been playing the random playlist mode and can't get enough of this game. I usually only able to find one mode to play on and that's it, but I've really enjoyed every mode I've played thus far.

Clydebink

Neo Member
This.

Really don't like that you can around with the silenced smart pistol and contribute 70 points from points to your team's score.

I mean it's what I do but it still feels lame.

That's why I love attrition. The objective is to farm their minions, don't die, and keep them from farming yours.

Mesoian

Yeah man, as long as there's a 3 hit combo that kills Atlus Titans, there's basically no point in playing last titan standing since it all devolves into Rush, Two shots from the rifle, then titan punch storm with the giant punch perk. 3 hits, dead titan. Terrible.

Uff duh

Banned
Resume works to actually complete both, but it goes away once you beat both sides. Then you can do quick match or select one but it doesn't let you pick a side.

My buddy needed the first map on Militia cause He joined my game at the 2nd mission. I just kept leaving the lobby and joining again. It just kept putting me on the IMC. After 3 or 4 Tries, low and behold we were on the Militia side. So just keep joining the lobby until you end up on the side you need. lame but it works

The Cowboy

Does anyone know the settings that would make this game on PC look exactly like the Xbox one version?, I know its a weird question - but I'm kinda interested in knowing which settings on PC would make it look exactly like the Xbox version.

So far I know only 1 thing, the resolution.

mp_outpost_2070001vgsdn.jpg

I like the scripted moments, but they're lost on a multiplayer-only game. Most missions have a "big moment" where something big blows up or falls down, but trying to watch it usually leads to some other dude getting the drop on you.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Does anyone know the settings that would make this game on PC look exactly like the Xbox one version?, I know its a weird question - but I'm kinda interested in knowing which settings on PC would make it look exactly like the Xbox version.

Guess you answered your own question.

Lima

The resolution and set AA to 2xMSSA.

Texture resolution is the same I think.

The Cowboy

So the Xbox one version is the same as running the PC version with every setting maxed out apart from the res and the AA?, if true then I'm kinda impressed (even though it has FPS drops).

I was expecting it to be the equivalent on some settings on high and some on medium etc.

molnizzle

Is there any benefit to going Gen2? In CoD there was always a perk or something for prestiging... in this game it seems that you just get an icon by your name.

My buddy needed the first map on Militia cause He joined my game at the 2nd mission. I just kept leaving the lobby and joining again. It just kept putting me on the IMC. After 3 or 4 Tries, low and behold we were on the Militia side. So just keep joining the lobby until you end up on the side you need. lame but it works

Hmm, yeah I just tested this by selecting "The Refueling Raid" on the mission select and after about 3 tries it put me on the Militia side. So maybe it only works for the first mission.

After a couple dozen attempts at mission select on the other levels it only gave me IMC but I guess if you need to win on some of the earlier levels then selecting the first mission would be your best bet,

I wish the Variety hopper didn't have LTS in it. It's so much slower and leaden than the other modes for me. I want to choose to play it when I do.

BondFancy

Is there any benefit to going Gen2? In CoD there was always a perk or something for prestiging... in this game it seems that you just get an icon by your name.

Nothing really but the icon and increased exp gain..then to go up higher generations you must complete specific challenges on top of leveling up to 50 again.

Boogdud

Adaptive v-sync is not nearly but almost there with G-sync i use it in almost all my games.

I can tell you for sure gsync kills all of the tearing. It also helps with the varying framerate issues. I had no idea it was dropping so wildly in game until I was using fraps and was like "wtf 50 fps drops?!", mostly because it all seems rather smooth with gsync (as it should). Of course now that I know the 45-50 fps drops are there it bugs me to death. Some maps are really poorly optimized.

But hey, no tearing...

Pretty sure xbone isn't using 'insane' textures setting. I thought it was the 'high' setting.

Uff duh

Banned
Hmm, yeah I just tested this by selecting "The Refueling Raid" on the mission select and after about 3 tries it put me on the Militia side. So maybe it only works for the first mission.

After a couple dozen attempts at mission select on the other levels it only gave me IMC but I guess if you need to win on some of the earlier levels then selecting the first mission would be your best bet,

Yeah I only did it for that first mission Unlock the Titans and was done with the campaign. so you are probably on to something.

Lima

I would guess low/medium mix as well on settings,

No

From the Digital Foundry tech analysis of the beta

Visually, PC gamers looking for an edge over the console release in terms of lighting, shadows, effects or model detail may be disappointed. Even at the "insane" texture quality setting on PC, the oil rig structures around the Fracture map still share precisely the same washed-out mapping as the Xbox One, while floor mapping is also like-for-like. Much of the game's assets and rendering tech are shared in this sense, right down to the distance of the shadow filtering cascade.

This hasn't changed for the full game.

Brannon

Played the beta, was decent. But now I have a question, quite possibly the most important question.

Is there a map where one team is on one side and one team is on another and the middle third of the map is No Man's Land full of toxic/radioactive/poisonous ground and you pretty much have to stay on top of things to be safe or risk slow health degeneration and the best way to get through the area with the most safety is with a Titan but the conditions make shield regeneration twice as slow and the middle capture point is in No Man's Land making that all the more exciting?

Because that would be awesome.

First couple of games (finally!) and i think i've found my new FPS home. This game is just... well, fun! I'm dying but laughing and not doing "then best" but having a blast!

The tearing and drops aren't as bad as i thought... but they are there. XB1

BondFancy

Hands down best gun is C.A.R. SMG with counterweight and the run and gun perk. Melt faces without ever releasing the sprint button.

Rnr1224

finished both campaigns so now i got all of the custom titan chassis. Im liking the ogre's defense and durability but seems so slow coming from the stryder. ill prob keep my atlas as my default as it offers a good balance. ive found the best weapon to either be the chaingun or the arc cannon, but right now im trying to see if the burst on the 40mm makes it that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom