• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

Generation 2

1.1x XP Bonus
EVA-8 Shotgun: 200 Enemy Kills
EVA-8 Shotgun: 75 Pilot Kills
Titan 40mm Cannon: 200 Enemy Kills
Titan 40mm Cannon: 75 Pilot Kills

Why is there two challenges for each?

That means you have to get 200 enemy kills with the shotgun

and 200 pilot kills with the 40mm? That sounds like a lot. Too much almost.

So I've suddenly started getting random freezes that seem to be network related, but I cannot tell. They pop up sporadically and the game on my end freezes for 2 seconds or so.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The IMC are just huge dicks who joke about how they killed civilians.
Yeah there was line that was like "You've got a lot of killing to do" towards the end of the imc campaign that gave me pause. The campaign is almost laughable, it's so inconsequential it's hard to be angry about but my god it's not even worth having. I never would have played it if the other titans weren't locked out.

I know the Titanfall story is a bit of an afterthought but I wish it wasnt so good vs evil

The IMC works for DROIDS! lol I was just watching some Clone wars and the Spyglass reminds me of the droid comanders

def sim

The IMC has a robot admiral and that makes them the good guys.
ibmz6JFy4tWQUz.png

je_ssi e

So I've suddenly started getting random freezes that seem to be network related, but I cannot tell. They pop up sporadically and the game on my end freezes for 2 seconds or so.
That happens to me sometimes, too.
While seemingly not happening to the person that appears during the error.

And, they kill me.

The best Kill-Cams.
Me just standing there like a dope. Aha.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
90% of LTS matches are turning into extreme max range pop shot contest. Whoever gets bored enough to rush down first loses.

oakenhild

Sort of a mini-rant, but I feel the Friend/Party support is pretty weak in Titanfall on the PC. I'm not sure if it's the fault of Origin or what, but it's not exactly feature rich.

From what I've found, the only way to set things up is on the PRIVATE LOBBY screen?

I know the Titanfall story is a bit of an afterthought but I wish it wasnt so good vs evil

What. I thought the IMC was the "good" guys and the "government" and the Militant were the "rebels" and the "bad" guys.

I should probably play the campaign and beat it... eventually. Sometimes.

Generation 2

1.1x XP Bonus
EVA-8 Shotgun: 200 Enemy Kills
EVA-8 Shotgun: 75 Pilot Kills
Titan 40mm Cannon: 200 Enemy Kills
Titan 40mm Cannon: 75 Pilot Kills

Generation 3

1.2x XP Bonus
R-97 Compact SMG: 200 Enemy Kills
R-97 Compact SMG: 75 Pilot Kills
Titan Plasma Railgun: 100 Enemy Kills
Titan Plasma Railgun: 50 Pilot Kills
Satchel Charge: 50 Pilot Kills

Generation 4

1.3x XP Bonus
Longbow-DMR Sniper: 150 Enemy Kills
Longbow-DMR Sniper: 50 Pilot Kills
Titan Quad Rockey: 200 Enemy Kills
Titan Quad Rocket: 50 Titan Kills
Charge Rifle: 30 Critical Hits
RE-45 Autopistol: Kill 50 Pilots

Generation 5

1.4x XP Bonus
R-101C Carbine: 200 Enemy Kills
R-101C Carbine: 75 Pilot Kills
Titan Arc Cannon: 200 Enemy Kills
Titan Arc Cannon: 50 Titan Kills
Sidewinder: 10 Titan Kills
Gooser: Kill 50 Ejecting Pilots

Generation 6

1.8x XP Bonus
Spitfire LMG: 200 Enemy Kills
Spitfire LMG: 75 Pilot Kills
Titan Triple Threat: 200 Enemy Kills
Titan Triple Threat: 75 Pilot Kills
Mag Launcher: 10 Titan Kills
Rodeo: 50 Titan Kills

Generation 7

2.1x XP Bonus
G2A4 Rifle: 200 Enemy Kills
G2A4 Rifle: 75 Pilot Kills
Titan XO-16 Chaingun: 200 Enemy Kills
Titan XO-16 Chaingun: 50 Titan Kills
Titan Charge Rifle: 10 Titan Kills
Stryder Titan: 25 Executions (example)

Generation 8

2.5x XP Bonus
C.A.R. SMG: 200 Enemy Kills
C.A.R. SMG: 75 Pilot Kills
Atlas Titan: 25 Executions (example)
Archer Heavy Rocket: 10 Titan Kills
Wins: 100 Matches (any mode)
Titanfall: 50 Enemy Kills
Titan 40mm Cannon: 75 Critical Hits

Generation 9

2.9x XP Bonus
Smart Pistol Mk5: 75 Pilot Kills
Hemlok BF-R: 75 Pilot Kills
Krabr-AP Sniper: 50 Pilot Kills
Ogre Titan: 25 Executions (example)
General: 50 MVP Awards
Cloak: 200 Enemy Kills
General: 1500 Enemy Kills
Mobility: 75 Kills After Ejecting (in air - use nuclear explosion)
Titan Plasma Railgun: 50 Critical Hits
Titan XO-16 Chaingun: 400 Ciritcal Hits

Hmm... do the "Challenges" reset each time you "regen"? If they don't, I've already completed and finished the challenges required for Generation 2 and Generation 3.

Haines

Banned
I won't bother with regen as I have no use for achievements in games.

Even this unlock nonsense is silly but loads better than the utter retardation of bf and cod

Thinking of "renting" this from Wal-mart. I don't have a xbone so I came up with a plan to buy the titanfall bundle. Play it for a week or so get my fill and return that mofo before my 15 day return policy is up. Already called and confirmed that you can return bundles with downloadable games as long as the hardware is intact.

Does this make me an asshole? I just can't spend $500+ right now to fully buy the xbox one right now but I want to play it really bad.

What say you GAF?

Whompa

that campaign was awful lol...

thankfully the gameplay is friggen fantastic. PC version is really well done. No hitches. Some of my friends having graphics card issues with dual cards (which the devs said would be fixed for release. I guess they FORGOT...)

Haines

Banned
Thinking of "renting" this from Wal-mart. I don't have a xbone so I came up with a plan to buy the titanfall bundle. Play it for a week or so get my fill and return that mofo before my 15 day return policy is up. Already called and confirmed that you can return bundles with downloadable games as long as the hardware is intact.

Does this make me an asshole? I just can't spend $500+ right now to fully buy the xbox one right now but I want to play it really bad.

What say you GAF?

You seem very lost in your ways if you consider doing things like that. Wow

Raven77

Has anyone played this on both PC and XB1? It seems like the gameplay would be better suited to a controller.

I also need a reason to justify owning my XB1 which has probably 6 hours of playtime on it in 4 months...

Navy Bean

Campaign is a crapshoot - consistently grouped against teams filled with level 30+. Lost a ton but I completed it with a perfectly average 1.1 K/DR. To be honest, I'm always about a 1:1 player but it'd be nice if they balanced the teams a bit more....

HelloMeow

What is different from it? Just curious.

In cod, you're kind of limited in what you can and cannot do. There are a lot of random elements that can be both disadvantageous and advantageous. In the end that means that good players die more and bad players get more "lucky" kills.

Titanfall is the exact opposite in that regard. Random elements are there, but you have more freedom to deal with them. Skill matters way more. There is a huge contrast between bad, average and good players.

Etnos

Banned

What say you GAF?

Seems to me like the time effort to avoid wasting $500 is greater or equal to the effort of working a few extra hours and getting $500.

Jtrizzy

A couple of things...Is there a way to join a game your friend is in assuming there is an open spot? Also, I'm having problems with my origin in game overlay. Won't open at all, possibly controller related?

iamjohn

Has anyone played this on both PC and XB1? It seems like the gameplay would be better suited to a controller.

I also need a reason to justify owning my XB1 which has probably 6 hours of playtime on it in 4 months...

You should consider playing with a controller on PC. You might do better than you think you will.

You seem very lost in your ways if you consider doing things like that. Wow

I should have expected nothing less from GAF. Pure unadulterated judgement. It's not exactly that outrageous is it? Shady? Maybe. Cheap? Hell yes. But some us don't have the extra cash to shell out for a new system. If I could pay a few bucks to rent a console like the old days I would but that's not an option ATM.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just finished the Militia campaign (and won every level). Now I've finally completed all campaign missions for both sides and won all levels (I was lucky enough to not lose any of the missions for either side on my first go around). I was worried about losing any Militia matches because I heard it was hard to get on Militia after both campaigns were beaten and to also get the right level as well.

Anyway, I'm doing really well with this game, I have an 88% win percentage, 1.7 k/d ration (against pilots), and I feel really powerful. I at least had some challenge in the beta, but right now I'm doing really well and I'm loving it! Although I think I'm doing particularly well right now because I've had experience in the beta and I can usually tell the difference between a pilot and a grunt.

Also, for Xbox One - is there a way to rename the custom loadouts? That would be REALLY nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom