• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That feel when you constantly have a full deck of burn cards but never die in a match so you can only use one.

Ducayne

Thinking of "renting" this from Wal-mart. I don't have a xbone so I came up with a plan to buy the titanfall bundle. Play it for a week or so get my fill and return that mofo before my 15 day return policy is up. Already called and confirmed that you can return bundles with downloadable games as long as the hardware is intact.

Does this make me an asshole? I just can't spend $500+ right now to fully buy the xbox one right now but I want to play it really bad.

What say you GAF?

I've done this with xbox's and Halo releases.... Used to get 30 days back the

Lima

Why is there two challenges for each?

That means you have to get 200 enemy kills with the shotgun

and 200 pilot kills with the 40mm? That sounds like a lot. Too much almost.

Because one says enemies which means you can also kill specters and grunts.

The other all have to be pilot kills.

It seems that suddenly I keep joining teams that are always about to lose with quick play or going against really organized teams on XBL?

This didn't seem to be happening yesterday.

Zeliard

Wish there was a way to specifically join lobbies, even if it adds a bit to the waiting time. Not really a fan of joining games mid-match.

Timu

I'm glad I'm not the only one having matchmaking problems in the game, hell one time it paired me with the losing team during an Epilogue.o_O

What is the difference between campaign and classic?

I played campaign and it was basically multiplayer. Is that correct?

Game is fun when it runs smoothly.

Haines

Banned
I should have expected nothing less from GAF. Pure unadulterated judgement. It's not exactly that outrageous is it? Shady? Maybe. Cheap? Hell yes. But some us don't have the extra cash to shell out for a new system. If I could pay a few bucks to rent a console like the old days I would but that's not an option ATM.

Lol so buy something you can afford. Not hard to figure out.

Navy Bean

Satchel charges are like free kills on Hardpoint... Anyways, having much more fun tonight. Game has really stabilized since last night.

BraXzy

What is everyone's favourite maps so far?

1) Your favourite map visually
2) Your favourite map to play on (layout-wise)

I still haven't got home.. I really wanna play :(

Timu

the screen tearing was god-awful the first day, but after all day playing today, I haven't noticed it. wonder if I got used to it?!
This happened earlier today while I was playing:

ibPzA7Nw2pQ9u.png

Rnr1224

1. definitely boneyard. love the skeletons all around me and the dragons too
2. probably colony or angel city

HelloMeow

1: Rise
2: Overlook, Relic, Angel City, Rise. I can't choose.

Those maps have the neatest walls, routes and little hidden passages.

Man, FUCK the streaming on the Xbone. Two amazing moments were swallowed up by fucking atrocious streaming, and since I was streaming at the time, I couldn't record them.

And when I say atrocious, I mean it was dropping seconds and seconds at a time, and garbling the video until it was almost unwatchable.

I dropped my Titan on TWO motherfucking enemy Titans at once, and evacuated out when the timer hit 0 in a Michael Bay esque jump as the doors close to be the sole survivor, and both moments are unsalvagable. So fucking disappointed and frustrated.

Beyond just the abysmal quality and issues with the streaming itself, the experience of doing it just blows. It just doesn't feel very good.

Anyways.

I'm also feeling super bummed because my KDR is plummeting. From a beta high of 2.2, to a release high of 1.9, I'm slipping to 1.6. I don't know what I'm doing differently, but I just seem to be getting chewed up lately. For people that dominate, is it just skill, or is there some loadout tips I'm missing?

Papercuts

Relic is fucking fantastic. Great use of ziplines and suspended angled walls to let you keep your wallrunning momentum all over the place.

I'm also feeling super bummed because my KDR is plummeting. From a beta high of 2.2, to a release high of 1.9, I'm slipping to 1.6. I don't know what I'm doing differently, but I just seem to be getting chewed up lately. For people that dominate, is it just skill, or is there some loadout tips I'm missing?

This happens to me in FPS games, I start out really good, but then start to slip because I start to think too much about the map and what I'm doing, whereas on my first playthrughs I was able to focus more on simply playing well.

Played for the first time today after about an hour in the beta. I've the most success with the Assassin. The Smart pistol works well for getting grunt kills. I think I've only killed one person with it and that was because they didn't even know I was there. I like the automatic pistol also.

As for Titan play, I feel like I can do a lot more to contribute while I'm on foot. In a Titan I can either fight other Titans or occasionally kill people foolish enough to run around in open areas. I'll keep at it though, I've only played 4 games so far.

Navy Bean

1 Outpost
2. Rise, Relic, Smugglers

Least favorite by far to play on is Boneyard. Only Map for me that has the COD feel of getting killed from every angle. YMMV.

Mesoian

Just finished a 10 game run with the shotgun and satchel charges. Won all 10 at the top of my team. That shit needs to get nerfed HARD.

Lagoon for both. Really pretty, tons of vantage points, it's possible to get from one end to the other quickly, it's a lot of fun.

As for Titan play, I feel like I can do a lot more to contribute while I'm on foot. In a Titan I can either fight other Titans or occasionally kill people foolish enough to run around in open areas. I'll keep at it though, I've only played 4 games so far.

I felt the same way initially...but after getting more experience in a titan and getting better at, it starts to become a fun meta game where you see how long you can keep your titan alive throughout the match.

jediyoshi

I just realized I've hit level 43 and I haven't gotten into a single match in Nexus. Damn I want to try that zip line tower.

Swissie

Banned
Campaign is a crapshoot - consistently grouped against teams filled with level 30+. Lost a ton but I completed it with a perfectly average 1.1 K/DR. To be honest, I'm always about a 1:1 player but it'd be nice if they balanced the teams a bit more....

That's happened to me too. I'd say about 80% of my campaign games my team is lvl 20 and under and the other team is filled with 20's, 30's and even 40's. The other 20% have been roughly evenly matched. Very strange. I know ranks aren't skill ranks, but especially early on rank will still mean a lot in terms of unlocks, and map/game knowledge.

Ferny

I've never played on Nexus. It was loading up once and then the game got switched to another map. Damn you Titan gods!

Still trying to get the militia wins in for campaign. Wish you could search by side instead of hoping to get lucky.

Also, I'm curious how I'm going to get the achievement for killing 5 people in one shot of that railgun. Seems like you need to get extremely lucky.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I wish the matches were longer and the downtime between games was shorter.

Also I'm 40 and have seen Lagoon once, and it was LTS so I haven't even played that map normally.

Papercuts

Still trying to get the militia wins in for campaign. Wish you could search by side instead of hoping to get lucky.

Also, I'm curious how I'm going to get the achievement for killing 5 people in one shot of that railgun. Seems like you need to get extremely lucky.

It's 4 kills with the arc cannon, I actually got it with my first round equipping it. Got a 6 kill at once shot that spread between grunts and 2 pilots, haha.

Hardest achievement seems like the one where you kill the entire opposing team for the epilogue, mainly because even if you can kill all 6 your teammates can't get any.

Timu

OMG...I finally get to try Lagoon and then I end up getting disconnected...

It's like they don't want me to play that map.:/

Boogdud

Good grief I have 54 games played and an 80% win rate. My K/D ratio vs pilots is almost 3:1 (and somewhere around 8:1 in the last recent matches). I think this is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

OMG...I finally get to try Lagoon and then I end up getting disconnected...

It's like they don't want me to play that map.:/

Well, if it's any consolation it's the map I hear people bitch about the framerate taking a dump the most so it might not be that bad missing out on it right now! ;)

Lebron

The servers have been spotty for me tonight (X1). Don't know if it's on XBL's end or mine. Probably mine, our apartment net sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom