• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This game is so... Call of Duty :(

I wasn't having fun at all earlier. Doesn't feel any different from many shooters out there, and I don't even like how the Titans feel.

Oh well. Gonna try some different modes next, but I'm not optimistic.

maneil99

The pilot weapon aspect is the most disappointing thing I've seen in this game. There are 3 weapons that are viable as far as I can tell, the First AR, the Shotgun and the Smart Pistol.
The sniper is absolutely useless, the single shot rife sucks against fast moving pilots ( On PC without autoaim ) and the burst rifle is useless compared to to AR in killtime between bursts. What a joke for a 60$ to have 3 weapons that are viable vs the rest which fill very small useless niches. Good game though, K/D is nearly 2 against pilots and my Titan skills are pretty good.

I wasn't having fun at all earlier. Doesn't feel any different from many shooters out there, and I don't even like how the Titans feel.

Just wait until you master the verticality in the game. You should also try objective game modes. CTF and domination are a blast.

jet1911

The pilot weapon aspect is the most disappointing thing I've seen in this game. There are 3 weapons that are viable as far as I can tell, the First AR, the Shotgun and the Smart Pistol.
The sniper is absolutely useless, the single shot rife sucks against fast moving pilots ( On PC without autoaim ) and the burst rifle is useless compared to to AR in killtime between bursts. What a joke for a 60$ to have 3 weapons that are viable vs the rest which fill very small useless niches. Good game though, K/D is nearly 2 against pilots and my Titan skills are pretty good.

The CAR SMG is better than the Carabine, you should try it.

maneil99

The CAR SMG is better than the Carabine, you should try it.

That the first SMG or 2nd? Only basing what I know off the guns I have unlocked ( Lvl 30 ) I still need the final sniper, LMG, 1 SMG and a AR on my account but playing on my friends X1 I didn't like the LMG at all nor the final sniper.

Mrbob

Attrition mode kind of sucks. Well, sucks may be strong but I find it boring. Domination and CTF is where it is at.

Dead

well not really...yet
I still feel like sometimes the map is so big you have a hard time running into actual players. I was playing a match on the level with the giant monsters earlier and I swear I barely ran into any other enemy players as pilots for nearly the whole match.

I get that the maps were probably balanced for 6 vs 6 titans, but I think 8 vs 8 pilots would have made a huge difference, perhaps just restrict the amount of titans to 6 at a time per team.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So ok is there an ingame justification reason for the ability to use ziplines against gravity?
Is it your jetpack? You can get on a zipline and zip upwards, its madness.

Mrbob

Can you grab the flag while inside a Titan? I swear I saw this happen during a game tonight. This should be changed if my eyes didn't deceive me. Pilot should only be able to grab and carry the flag.

I still feel like sometimes the map is so big you have a hard time running into actual players. I was playing a match on the level with the giant monsters earlier and I swear I barely ran into any other enemy players as pilots for nearly the whole match.

I get that the maps were probably balanced for 6 vs 6 titans, but I think 8 vs 8 pilots would have made a huge difference, perhaps just restrict the amount of titans to 6 at a time per team.

Yeah I wish there were a couple more human players per team as well.

Thorgi

So I finally caved and wow, that's one hell of a multiplayer shooter. The campaign was even more barebones than I expected, but maaaan, that sense of control is second to none. Even when I wasn't at the top of my team, I still felt like I was helping them.

Dead

well not really...yet
Lagoon is pretty amazing.

Love to find fools thinking they can camp in shrubbery and snipe.

NOPE.

Marleyman

Banned

I dig the SMG and 3 burst rifles.

The Cowboy

I think I've found my PC sweet spot, 1408x792 (took the Xbox one res :D), 2xMSAA + FXAA, all settings high and textures very high - with adaptive vsync (plus clamped lod via NVCP). Played a bunch of maps just now and couldn't really complain about performance, and everything looked very nice indeed.

Plays well, looks good and minimal tearing.

MARNEY

Going to try this for the first time. Bought it on pc, hope to be able to use my ds4 controller, fiddled with ps tool last night. In case there's any kind souls out there willing to take pitty on a noob pc gamer my origin I'd is OldManMarn. Lol I'm gunna get stomped.

Izuna

Banned
I want to upload a clip that came with this score
9uz7lil.jpg

But the Xbox keeps saying it is broken. I mean, come on now!

EDIT: My connection was bad because I am playing in the American servers from the UK.

Lunzio

Day Level 43:

Still no contact with Lagoon. Unsure if it was included in the 50 GB of game I have currently installed on my harddrive. I'm very thirsty.

Camp Lo

Banned
Hm, I can't connect to the data center or something. It keeps 'SEARCHING.." and all the selections have -1 ping.

The fuck's going on?

The Cowboy

Day Level 43:

Still no contact with Lagoon. Unsure if it was included in the 50 GB of game I have currently installed on my harddrive. I'm very thirsty.
Yeah, its like some people got the map and others just got extra audio to make up the space :D.

I want some water dammit!.

Just waiting to see tomorrow, I'll have nothing but lagoon in every match,

Been having a blast the last few matches. Finally had a match where I rodeo'd a Titans for the first time and managed to reach the evac ship for the first time as well.

I am starting to dislike entering matches mid game since it's happening more frequently.

tauke

Finally got the chance to play and just finish Militia campaign.

Pretty suck that all Attrition match in the campaign is complete loss as my team (most of them less than level 5) against IMC (all of them above level 20) just annihilate my team lol.

Only managed to score against them in Hardpoint since they prefer to frag us instead of capturing the points.

So far enjoyable and I wonder if there's a way to join IMC in campaign or it is random. Been getting Militia twice in a row.

E92 M3

Man - this game is multiplayer perfection. I've played for so many hours, yet still wanted to keep going. All of the modes are so crisp.

One complaint: I wish there was a mercenary mode for people without parties. I play alone most of the time, and it gets a bit tough to play a group of 4 or more with a disorganized team.

Also, based on what everyone is saying - I got pretty lucky to get the achievement for killing everyone on the opposing team, a few days. Since I never look at achievements in the beginning, they are always random and a surprise lol. It's great to just play normally and have cheevos pop up.

Walmart messed up my release day shopping, so I downloaded the game just now. Died so many times. Just had it freeze up on me and kick me out on the post game summary screen.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Man - this game is multiplayer perfection. I've played for so many hours, yet still wanted to keep going. All of the modes are so crisp.

One complaint: I wish there was a mercenary mode for people without parties. I play alone most of the time, and it gets a bit tough to play a group of 4 or more with a disorganized team.

As much as I like the concept of Mercenary playlist... in COD at least nobody used the damned thing so it wasn't worth playing thanks to lag. Err granted this wouldn't screw with the hosting in Titanfall... but it was just a really sparse playlist.

molnizzle

Are there more server issues? Every lobby I join cannot find an opposing team.

Dedicated shmedicated, CoD matchmaking is much faster. This shit sucks.

Okay. I know the game just came out but I've been thinking...

A fourth Titan class that's all melee, using a sword and shield like Optimus Prime has in some of the Transformers movies. I doubt it would break the game because the nature of getting up close and personal has it's risks and rewards in this game.

Thoughts?

Camp Lo

Banned
Okay. I know the game just came out but I've been thinking...

A fourth Titan class that's all melee, using a sword and shield like Optimus Prime has in some of the Transformers movies. I doubt it would break the game because the nature of getting up close and personal has it's risks and rewards in this game.

Thoughts?

... You just want an avatar quote.
0Cmnv.png

Jarmel

Banned
That Gooser challenge is flat out impossible. I think I'm going to wait till people catch up so I can get some tips for it.

I am extremely annoyed with this. At least with the Charge Laser , it was somewhat fair even if it was a major pain. This is like a big fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom