• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Okay. I know the game just came out but I've been thinking...

A fourth Titan class that's all melee, using a sword and shield like Optimus Prime has in some of the Transformers movies. I doubt it would break the game because the nature of getting up close and personal has it's risks and rewards in this game.

Thoughts?

It'd be cool but my intital thoughts are that in order for it to be balanced versus other Titans It would have to be weaker than the stryder with more dash charges available. However for it to be balanced against players that quickly surround it, it would need to be more sturdy than an atlas since it doesn't have a real ranged solution to taking out players.

So wouldn't it just be better if you could outfit a Titan with a sword? All three current titans could be made to use a sword rather well. Since it only uses one hand that means the off hand has to do something else like possibly a solid shield?

Honestly I think it'd be cool if you could unlock skin variants for your titans. Make em come in different colors and stuff. That'd be neat.

antigoon

Are there more server issues? Every lobby I join cannot find an opposing team.

Dedicated shmedicated, CoD matchmaking is much faster. This shit sucks.

Happening to my group too.

took about 10 minutes to get into an actual lobby, then the opposing team fills up and drops, then more players come in and drop, repeat repeat repeat

Camp Lo

Banned
I'm seriously close to pulling the trigger on this. I had a blast with the beta.

Is the PC version solid? Netcode, visuals, etc?

Get it, man. I was in your same spot but the only thing that kept me from doing it was dropping $60... then the VPN happened.

It's a solid game, I barely had lag issues, visuals are OK (you can see where it made room to drop down to 360)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I just realized I've been playing solo for the past 2 days.

If anyone wants to add me on origin I go by drillingarm on there.

I'd happily play a game tomorrow as I'm about to sleep now.

aly

Ok, I don't own the game, but I've been playing on a friends Xbox One, so I have a question. How do you get better with the smart pistol? It feels like I can't kill anything.

furious

Banned

Nori Chan

Ok, I don't own the game, but I've been playing on a friends Xbox One, so I have a question. How do you get better with the smart pistol? It feels like I can't kill anything.
I usually get my kills from the max range it can target. I'm always behind enemy pilots and wait for it to lock on. When the crosshair turns red then you have enough locks to kill the pilot. It usually takes three locks on a pilot to kill.

Also don't afraid to use it as a normal pistol too you can still ads with it but don't expect to win long range fights. I usually use it with cloak so I can attack enemies head on without them getting the first shot

It'd be cool but my intital thoughts are that in order for it to be balanced versus other Titans It would have to be weaker than the stryder with more dash charges available. However for it to be balanced against players that quickly surround it, it would need to be more sturdy than an atlas since it doesn't have a real ranged solution to taking out players.

So wouldn't it just be better if you could outfit a Titan with a sword? All three current titans could be made to use a sword rather well. Since it only uses one hand that means the off hand has to do something else like possibly a solid shield?

Honestly I think it'd be cool if you could unlock skin variants for your titans. Make em come in different colors and stuff. That'd be neat.

Yeah, having a weapon like that would be cool too. Probably a better idea. I just like the idea of these things being able to have melee battles.

Tawpgun

Few issues.

One, I got stuck in this spot like 3 times today. https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1&mkt=en-US#cid=F101153789CB3743&id=F101153789CB3743!191&v=3

Titans shouldn't be able to carry flags. Thats all CTF devolves into. I rushed in with an atlas with 2-3 other titans shooting at me. With enough dashes, and sprinting I can get far enough away where an eject would get me close enough to the cap point.

There was no strategy, it was just bum rushing the flag as a Titan and getting as far as possible.

I still think Pilots and Grunts need to be differentiated easier. Unless a pilot is jumping its near impossible to tell. Been numerous time where I see multiple contacts and I shoot the grunt first without realizing one of them was a pilot.

Vire

What does everyone think about the Spitfire lmg? There seems to be a sweet spot where the kill times are better then any other weapon but if they are too close or too far away you can't hit them for anything. the hip fire seems super inaccurate even point blank. I am still doing alright with it but it feels like the car or the rifle would be better for the most part.

Sanjuro

I haven't experimented too much with a vast amount of other games, but Titanfall seems to do a real number on the dashboard in terms of smoothness.

I've had plenty of locking up and random small glitches.

Bsigg12

What does everyone think about the Spitfire lmg? There seems to be a sweet spot where the kill times are better then any other weapon but if they are too close or too far away you can't hit them for anything. the hip fire seems super inaccurate even point blank. I am still doing alright with it but it feels like the car or the rifle would be better for the most part.

It's the best weapon to rodeo titans with once you unlock the slammer mod. 1 clip brings down any titan.

Mastamind

Titans shouldn't be able to carry flags. Thats all CTF devolves into. I rushed in with an atlas with 2-3 other titans shooting at me. With enough dashes, and sprinting I can get far enough away where an eject would get me close enough to the cap point.

I agree with not being able to ride in a titan as the flag carrier. Riding on someone else's would be fine since you would be an easy target.

I think however for ctf games a titan with the triple threat primary and lots of mines is the way to deal with people who try to flag run with a titan.

ultron87

The one thing I liked about the campaign was how in the IMC campaign things are kind of ambiguous at first whether you're actually the bad guys, but then in the last mission
they're just like "fuck it" and you're building an army of kill-bots under the command of a kill-bot after getting abandoned by said kill-bot in the last mission.

Also the skyboxes were cool.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm so bad at this game, and I don't know why.

I'm level 34, and almost every.single.game. I have more deaths than anyone on the winning or losing team.

I've tried every gun. I've tried running. Camping. Different routes. I just don't get it, I'm CONSTANTLY getting gunned down by someone behind me that I never saw. Over and over, and over again - I watch the KillCam and sure enough, how would I have ever seen him?

Meanwhile, I'm running around hunting down red dots and using X-Ray vision and can barely find anyone. Grunt. Grunt. Grunt. Pilot. Dead.

End of game, I'm like 6 and 16 :(

The Flash

Banned
Wish I could look at my stats on a website. Luckily there's a companion app coming so hopefully it will provide something like that.

aly

I usually get my kills from the max range it can target. I'm always behind enemy pilots and wait for it to lock on. When the crosshair turns red then you have enough locks to kill the pilot. It usually takes three locks on a pilot to kill.

Also don't afraid to use it as a normal pistol too you can still ads with it but don't expect to win long range fights. I usually use it with cloak so I can attack enemies head on without them getting the first shot

Thanks for the advice, gonna try it out. I was so tired of being killed and not getting anything done.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member

It sucks. It has that initial kick up which isn't a huge deal, but when you bring it back down on target... it doesn't seem to hit stuff. I thought maybe it was the iron sights getting me down, but once upgraded to one of those nice clear holosights I could see that it just doesn't hit things. And yes the hipfire is atrocious. It has one real use, titan rodeo. I hopped on a Stryder once with LMG plus the attachment that makes it even more effective in rodeo and it was downright comical how fast I killed that thing. Maybe 3 seconds? But unless your goal in life is to rodeo as many titans as humanly possible, I just can't recommend the gun.

This is basically a Titan with the Arc Cannon.

giphy.gif

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
The pilot weapon aspect is the most disappointing thing I've seen in this game. There are 3 weapons that are viable as far as I can tell, the First AR, the Shotgun and the Smart Pistol.
The sniper is absolutely useless, the single shot rife sucks against fast moving pilots ( On PC without autoaim ) and the burst rifle is useless compared to to AR in killtime between bursts. What a joke for a 60$ to have 3 weapons that are viable vs the rest which fill very small useless niches. Good game though, K/D is nearly 2 against pilots and my Titan skills are pretty good.

I use the carbine rarely and my K/D is 2.4. I use the single-shot rifle all the time, as well as the 3 round burst rifle. Each gun servers a purpose.

I hate the sniper rifle. I almost wish it was a one shot kill with how hard it is to hit pilots with it, unless they're stationary. Hitting them twice is incredibly hard.

I'm not usually one for FPSs, but this is a really good game. I've played it pretty much all day and have had a blast. I just finished the IMC campaign, which was pretty funny since we lost all but two of the missions.

Malo

Banned
I haven't experimented too much with a vast amount of other games, but Titanfall seems to do a real number on the dashboard in terms of smoothness.

I've had plenty of locking up and random small glitches.
You're playing on Xbox One? Add me:

The H4NDofGOD

J-Rzez

The pilot weapon aspect is the most disappointing thing I've seen in this game. There are 3 weapons that are viable as far as I can tell, the First AR, the Shotgun and the Smart Pistol.
The sniper is absolutely useless, the single shot rife sucks against fast moving pilots ( On PC without autoaim ) and the burst rifle is useless compared to to AR in killtime between bursts. What a joke for a 60$ to have 3 weapons that are viable vs the rest which fill very small useless niches. Good game though, K/D is nearly 2 against pilots and my Titan skills are pretty good.

I agree, the weapons kinda suck big time. You either CAR, Shotgun, or Cheat Pistol, or else you're putting yourself at a disadvantage against those who use them since they're so strong.

The game is fun, and yes that's the main factor, but the content is so, so, so damn paltry in this game it's unbelievable. If I didn't get the game for cheap/store credit, I wouldn't have picked it up.

Hopefully this "gen" is the gen where I finally get my online persistent FPS that I dream of. Or, at least hopefully H-Hour brings back those old SOCOM 1/2 feels.

I've been watching Fatal1ty stream Titanfall on Twitch. If it makes you guys feel any better, even he gets on crappy teams. Made me feel a little better.

molnizzle

I love how the "campaign" ties in to the multiplayer. I hope that Respawn leans into that even harder in the sequel, screw the "no single-player no buy" crowd. This is WAY better. Fucking awesome.

Argonomic

One complaint: I wish there was a mercenary mode for people without parties. I play alone most of the time, and it gets a bit tough to play a group of 4 or more with a disorganized team.

In the IW days I didn't make that many contributions to MP, but Mercenary Mode was one of them. I got really tired of getting rolled by parties. Kinda neat to see that they still include it in those games, I used to get shit because it wasn't hugely popular compared to party based game modes.

Then again, if we had made "party team deathmatch" and made "team deathmatch" be mercenary style by default, I'll bet it would have been a lot more popular!

Is there any way to swap teams in the campaign, I want to get the "Win every game as militia" achievement but I have been on IMC about 20 rounds in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom