• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Aren't titan bubbles supposed to kill enemies who venture inside? I know I have been killed by them. Some dude rodeo'd my titan that was inside the bubbke last night as I was climbing in and was already damaging it and survived it plus a smoke attack before I hopped out and killed him. Was bizarre.

It can happen. The dome shield doesn't do a lot of damage.

As long as the game doesn't have Gears 3 level challenges.. They trolled their own hardcore fan base.

Yea I heard about that, absolutely stupid.

The Cowboy

I wouldn't really care if I knew Respawn would stick to their guns and keep the requirements as is in the future.
But I expect that in 2 weeks or so when more people are hitting that blockade the whining will lead to Respawn nerfing the requirements.
If I put myself through the torture of getting "gooser" I'd be really pissed...
This is it really, and I hope they come out quickly and say "its staying in, its meant to be hard! to get". I agree I'd be a little annoyed it I spent ages doing it, only for Respawn to cave in and make it easier.

What, no they wouldn't. People usually boost if something is either too hard or too time consuming.
Yeah they would. The people likely to boost would boost no matter what, boosting shows you aren't in it for the actual challenge of maxing out, and that your only in it to simply max out to show that you have.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Arc cannon and the chaingun are the only weapons that seems realistic with, but way too many people still have that auto eject cloak thing and it's hard enough to see pilots in the exploding debris.

LTS is probably the best place to go for it but those aren't the best titan on titan weapons.

Freki

This is it really, and I hope they come out quickly and say "its staying in, its meant to be hard! to get". I agree I'd be a little annoyed it I spent ages doing it, only for Respawn to cave in and make it easier.

Well, Respawn were monitoring this thread constantly when it came to identifying early streams before the embargo was lifted.
I hope they show the same enthusiasm when it comes to this question.

Arc cannon and the chaingun are the only weapons that seems realistic with, but way too many people still have that auto eject cloak thing and it's hard enough to see pilots in the exploding debris.

LTS is probably the best place to go for it but those aren't the best titan on titan weapons.
That's another aspect of this challenge - people who are trying this will be gimping their teams for hours on end...

Okay.. just played about an hour of this game on pc. First off definitely feels like it was made for a controller not a keyboard and mouse.
Matches are over way too fast and then a full minute before you get to play again is annoying. Titans seem over powered as fuck, and i am surprised at how easy they are to get.. didnt realize it was just given to you. but i guess thats a good thing because if youre a soldier youre going to be easy fodder for them.

Second cloaking is just as annoying as i thought it was going to be, guy ran straight at me cloaked, shot at him a couple times and then lost him in the smoke and effects and back ground, he appeared next to me with a shotgun in my face. Free kill yay. Happened at least a couple times in the 5 or so matches i played. Just lost them in smoke and effects and then im dead.

The bots are actually worse then i thought they were going to be.. not because they are easy to kill but because i hate when i shoot one and then realise fuck thats not a threat and just gave myself away to a real threat.

Theres some definite high points though.. and i think they all came from the titans, when i can just one shot some dude walking around with a 40mm grenade laser beam i felt pretty boss. Controls are pretty smooth i guess, wall running and jumping seems easy but again, meant for a controller i think. But im sure theres some dude out there whos a boss with it. Over all disappointed with the game, but ill keep playing and maybe ill feel differently in a day.

Surprised this thread literally has no one critizing the game.

Blablurn

Okay.. just played about an hour of this game on pc. First off definitely feels like it was made for a controller not a keyboard and mouse.
Matches are over way too fast and then a full minute before you get to play again is annoying. Titans seem over powered as fuck, and i am surprised at how easy they are to get.. didnt realize it was just given to you. but i guess thats a good thing because if youre a soldier youre going to be easy fodder for them.

Second cloaking is just as annoying as i thought it was going to be, guy ran straight at me cloaked, shot at him a couple times and then lost him in the smoke and effects and back ground, he appeared next to me with a shotgun in my face. Free kill yay. Happened at least a couple times in the 5 or so matches i played. Just lost them in smoke and effects and then im dead.

The bots are actually worse then i thought they were going to be.. not because they are easy to kill but because i hate when i shoot one and then realise fuck thats not a threat and just gave myself away to a real threat.

Theres some definite high points though.. and i think they all came from the titans, when i can just one shot some dude walking around with a 40mm grenade laser beam i felt pretty boss. Controls are pretty smooth i guess, wall running and jumping seems easy but again, meant for a controller i think. But im sure theres some dude out there whos a boss with it. Over all disappointed with the game, but ill keep playing and maybe ill feel differently in a day.

a respectable opinion

i still have a blast with this game right now. trying to fight myself through the "story" lol

Etnos

Banned
I have good news and bad news for you:
The good news is that yes it'll get faster each gen - 9-10 is 390% xp.
The bad news is that there is at least one "ridiculous ass challenge" - read the last page for more information-

yeah that gooser challenge its bs, ohh well I guess leveling being faster in later gens I'm gonna invest my time on clearing those challenges soon rather than later.

The Cowboy

That's another aspect of this challenge - people who are trying this will be gimping their teams for hours on end...
Hmm, I freely admit I never actually thought of this aspect of the gooser challenge. This is actually a fair point in regards to making it easier.

As much as I like the idea of a hard challenge, having team members trying to do gooser over and over would indeed be annoying, I stand corrected on this one.

Coconut

Banned

the critique about the bots seems silly since you aim at them it tells you they are a bot and it's your job as the player to weight the risk/reward of killing it. I mean that's just part of all games.

I'm not sure really how to critique it. I started accepting the bot thing during the beta so it doesn't sting much now. Same with the bug ugliness of the game. Everything else seems fine (outside of performance)... I just don't think it's as good as the game it's built from. Really unrefined point of criticism, but it's similar in a way that it makes it pretty damning that it doesn't match, let alone eclipse, the narcotic quality of COD4.

But yeah, if I hadn't played the beta I would probably have more proper points of criticism.

the critique about the bots seems silly since you aim at them it tells you they are a bot and it's your job as the player to weight the risk/reward of killing it. I mean that's just part of all games.

Not all games has dumb-as-yogurt cannon fodder just putzing around. In fact, most games reach for the opposite. If they had at least given them some personality, like the Halo grunts. Cannon fodder, but with a few twists.

Nokterian

Finally done the campaign got my Ogre. Now to wreck some havoc among those other modes. I am leveling pretty fast all ready level 18 and man this feeling going back to MW1 is just perfect.

Jrs3000

I have over 12 hours, level 49, and I have yet to get a single kill on an ejecting pilot. So yeah, 50 is pretty insane.

Easy way to do this is to rodeo kill a titan. When the pilot ejects you eject with them so be ready to shoot them in the air because you both go up at the same time in front of each other. I'm not sure if it counts also if you let a pilot get on your titan then eject out. If it does that makes it easier.

Jarmel

Banned
If it was 15 pilots and it included pilots who you kill when you end up rodeo'd, that would be fine. 50 pilots when almost everybody is cloaked...

Easy way to do this is to rodeo kill a titan. When the pilot ejects you eject with them so be ready to shoot them in the air because you both go up at the same time in front of each other. I'm not sure if it counts also if you let a pilot get on your titan then eject out. If it does that makes it easier.
You only get shot up in the air with the pilot if they have nuclear eject.

Also no, it doesn't count if you get rodeo'd.

Mesoian

You just need to get your feet wet. Give it another hour. You will feel the powerlessness of the Titans and the strengths of your mobility. These are all feelings I had during hte first two hours, and then it all sort of clicks.

Coconut

Banned
I'm not sure really how to critique it. I started accepting the bot thing during the beta so it doesn't sting much now. Same with the bug ugliness of the game. Everything else seems fine (outside of performance)... I just don't think it's as good as the game it's built from. Really unrefined point of criticism, but it's similar in a way that it makes it pretty damning that it doesn't match, let alone eclipse, the narcotic quality of COD4.

But yeah, if I hadn't played the beta I would probably have more proper points of criticism.

What does Modern Warfare do that Titanfall not do?

Not all games has dumb-as-yogurt cannon fodder just putzing around. In fact, most games reach for the opposite. If they had at least given them some personality, like the Halo grunts. Cannon fodder, but with a few twists.

Risk reward assessment is a staple of all games.

Hoo-doo

Banned
They might as well not even add the challenges at this point.

Gamers want everything handed to them immediately.
Prestige-ing a badge of honor? My ass.

Jarmel

Banned

Strawman. The Critical Hits with the Charging Laser isn't easy either but it's doable and it's only 30.

Zomba13

Think it's just going to be TDM from now on for me. No point trying to play the objective on my own.

This so much. Too many people treat those modes as TDM. People ending the round with 0/0 for attacking/defending the points in hard point. That means they didn't even set foot into a point to try and capture it/stop a capture.

Not sure. I just know it doesn't have that narcotic quality for me. COD4 was lightning in a bottle, though, so technically it's not fair to hold that against them, but it's part of the marketing so I consider it fair game.

Cod4 and cod 1 and 2 for me were amazing games. I liked them because they were basic for one thing, it was between you and the guys youre fighting, if you had better aim and reflexes you won. I am so disappointed with the way shooters are going... Cloaking in general i feel is one of the biggest and most baffling things to happen to shooters. I want a skill based fight, not a fight based on whos cooldowns are up.

Risk reward assessment is a staple of all games.

Sure, but most games don't include distractions this unrealistically numbskulled. It's there purely to give some easy satisfaction for hopeless players, and it feels cheaply done. I personally don't care all that much if I give myself away since I'm a terrible player and do nothing but give myself away anyway, but I care when the game feels overtly artifical. Numbskulled enemies that are supposed to be of the human sort blended with real players just doesn't mesh.

B3N1

If it was 15 pilots and it included pilots who you kill when you end up rodeo'd, that would be fine. 50 pilots when almost everybody is cloaked...

You only get shot up in the air with the pilot if they have nuclear eject.

Also no, it doesn't count if you get rodeo'd.

Yes, the shittiest part is the cloak.

I'm level 46, and had the chance only a few times to do the kill, but I'm unable to, thanks to everyone instacloaking (at least they don't have stim, which I do :p ) or popping their doublejump as soon as they're at the peak, so that they'll be over me.

I'll probably pick the shotgun or smart pistol for these. The smaller SMG might work too, when hip-fired or the Titan chaingun (which I used for 1 minute, in the tutorial).

Hoo-doo

Banned
Strawman. The Critical Hits with the Charging Laser isn't easy either but it's doable and it's only 30.

I'd be more impressed if they required 100 or 500. Hell, add a zero with every prestige level.

Have it be an actual long-term challenge that takes more than two hours of play to complete.

Haines

Banned
Questions

Arc grenades don't cause ff do they?

Any maps game mode exclusive?

Thoughts on heavy turrets? Worth hacking them?

Xbone settings?

I have default aim. Delayed auto sprint aim swing lock enabled...

Jarmel

Banned
Yes, the shittiest part is the cloak.

I've literally yelled out a few times that I can't see them, as I'm checking the sky after a nuclear explosion and it's way too hard to see a cloaked pilot midair in a Titan. You have to get Pilots who don't have autoeject, and that's pretty much no one.

I've rodeo'd quite a few and the only time it has happened is when they have a nuke.

The Cowboy

I've rodeo'd quite a few and the only time it has happened is when they have a nuke.
Any emergency eject (mashing eject button) shoots the pilot into the air, the only way not to is to simply hold the eject button to climb out, wait it out and die - or to be ripped out like a rag doll.

Jarmel

Banned
Any emergency eject (mashing eject button) shoots the pilot into the air, the only way not to is to simply hold the eject button to climb out - or to be ripped out like a rag doll.

I'm talking about the person doing the rodeo, not the person controlling the Titan. The only time I've been shot up in the air along with the ejecting pilot is if the ejecting Pilot had a nuke on their Titan.

The Cowboy

I'm talking about the person doing the rodeo, not the person controlling the Titan. The only time I've been shot up in the air along with the ejecting pilot is if the ejecting Pilot had a nuke on their Titan.
I get you, sorry I didn't quite catch on to what you meant at the start.

Freki

I want Respawn to come out and say the Challenges required to regen will stay the way they are and not be changed when the great whining starts after the majority hits Gen5.
Nothing more and nothing less.

B3N1

I've literally yelled out a few times that I can't see them, as I'm checking the sky after a nuclear explosion and it's way too hard to see a cloaked pilot midair in a Titan. You have to get Pilots who don't have autoeject, and that's pretty much no one.

Well, day one was tougher because of this with everyone having only a few perks to choose from, but I've never even liked that perk since the beta.

To be honest, I only go with STIM / Arc Grenade - Satchel / Pk kit / Minion detector - Icepick for the pilot.

(Parkour kit is the best thing in game. Wallhugging over a hardpoint or friendly flag makes you more invisible than cloak to players :) .)

As for Auto-eject, I don't like to be thrown out of my Titan, when I could still win a fight, or at least take someone to death with me so I rather pick survivor.

People are going to boost for it, that's what happens when you make it too hard. They're already doing it for the "I killed them all" Achievement.

I thought that one was gonna be hell, but I managed to do that once during the beta. It's just something you can't rely on happening on que, it will just come one game when you happen to be on a hot streak.

Cod4 and cod 1 and 2 for me were amazing games. I liked them because they were basic for one thing, it was between you and the guys youre fighting, if you had better aim and reflexes you won. I am so disappointed with the way shooters are going... Cloaking in general i feel is one of the biggest and most baffling things to happen to shooters. I want a skill based fight, not a fight based on whos cooldowns are up.

commando_zpsb550cd2f.gif

I'm surprised people are complaining about cloaking. It's a trade-off to not have Stim or Wallhacks. I think I've lost sight of someone once thanks to cloaking and hey, that's how it's supposed to work. 99% of the time it just slows my target acquisition. I don't use it because I know it's not as good as Stim.

Computer

Halo 5 will save us.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

For it you lose the ability to either move and regen at like twice the speed or be able to see through the walls. All it does is make you invisible to Titans. Play the game more, you will be able to spot a cloaked pilot from across the map in no time.

HelloMeow

It might seem that way because a lot of people have auto-eject and the nuke equipped.

I don't have the nuke, but if there is someone rodeoing me and I eject, they get ejected too.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
As a multiplayer shooter, what does CoD4 hold over this? Besides it coming out first and taking you to a happy place when you reminisce about how it was playing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom