• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoodWinked

so something i figured out, through impatience.

at the beginning of a match you're prompted to select a pilot and titan loadout then followed by a black screen then after a delay it has a prompt for the burn card or sometimes you'll miss the prompt if you're too slow. regardless as long as you havent moved you can press ESC or Start button and just select the burn card that way and it will activate immediately.

in fact you can just use this method to select burn cards rather than waiting for the prompt when you respawn etc.

I got 5 in 30h... let's assume I can double the rate if I'm trying... that's 150h for that challenge - i could level 1-50 10 times in 150h...

Well, if you're specifically going for that challenge, it would probably take less time since you'll be looking out for it. Yeah, it's kinda shitty I guess, but you'll get it eventually.

Freki

I posted this a few days ago but I'm not sure if many saw it.
They did change some of the generation challenges around compared to what the BETA had (and what is mentioned in the first post).

Here is link to the 'correct' generation challenges:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103796879&postcount=4497

Generation 5 to 6:
If It Moves...
Kill X enemies with the R-101C Carbine
Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200

Top Gun
Kill X Pilots with the R-101C Carbine
Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75

If It Moves...
Kill X enemies with the Arc Cannon

Titan Killer
Kill X Titans with the Arc Cannon
Tiers: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50

Titan Killer
Kill X Titans with the Sidewinder
Tiers: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10

Gooser
Kill a Pilot who is ejecting X times

There it is... that little bitch ^^

Freki

Well, if you're specifically going for that challenge, it would probably take less time since you'll be looking out for it. Yeah, it's kinda shitty I guess, but you'll get it eventually.
If I knew Respawn wouldn't change it then I guess I'd be somewhat ok with it. But I'd be really pissed if they nerfed it after I put myself through that torture.

edit: sry dp

Generation 5 to 6:
If It Moves...
Kill X enemies with the R-101C Carbine

Top Gun
Kill X Pilots with the R-101C Carbine
Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75

If It Moves...
Kill X enemies with the Arc Cannon

Titan Killer
Kill X Titans with the Arc Cannon

Titan Killer
Kill X Titans with the Sidewinder
Tiers: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10

Gooser
Kill a Pilot who is ejecting X times

There it is... that little bitch ^^

I put a post up on Respawn's forums trying to get some attention to it. That challenge is fairly ridiculous and will be a hard stop for many people. As you said, boosting lobbies will begin forming for that specific challenge in due time if the requirement isn't changed.

One possibility though, if you manually eject while someone is rodeoing your titan and you kill them, would that then count for the challenge? Haven't tried it myself...

Freki

I put a post up on Respawn's forums trying to get some attention to it. That challenge is fairly ridiculous and will be a hard stop for many people. As you said, boosting lobbies will begin forming for that specific challenge in due time if the requirement isn't changed.

One possibility though, if you manually eject while someone is rodeoing your titan and you kill them, would that then count for the challenge? Haven't tried it myself...

Nope - that's what you need to do 75 times for gen9->10 ;-)
But with the smart pistol this should be relatively easy. get someone to rodeo you - force eject - profit...

Jarmel

Banned

It doesn't. I've killed a few pilots that way and it doesn't do anything.

That challenge for killing enemies by dropping a titan on them...ugh

Hopefully it's not pilots...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Gen5 will make you rip your hair out - "kill 50 ejecting pilots"...
I'm gen3 and have 5 of that type in total so far... (and they won't count as challenges are reset)

What about less accurate weapons, like the shotgun with lead wall, or even the sidewinder anti-Titan weapon (I like that for clearing out areas with pilots too), or does the lightning gun auto aim on pilots? or smart pistol

madmackem

Man waiting to find out how much the digital version is is a nightmare, im thinking they will go the whole hog and charge £54.99 kind of regret going this route now seeing amazon knocking them out for £37. Wonder if it goes up at 12, anyone bought digital release in uk on the night of release?.

Xone9

Banned
is it me or does it seem like people strafe left and right on xbox one when you are shooting them, but then you watch the replay of them killing you and they are not strafing.... its driving me nuts

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have over 12 hours, level 49, and I have yet to get a single kill on an ejecting pilot. So yeah, 50 is pretty insane.

Freki

What about less accurate weapons, like the shotgun with lead wall, or even the sidewinder anti-Titan weapon (I like that for clearing out areas with pilots too), or does the lightning gun auto aim on pilots?

That's a 50m+ kill. Shotgun is imba but not by that much ^^. You'll need something precise...

How many have they gotten? I'm already level 35 in Gen 5 and only gotten one so far.

Fucking Christ.

-Performance issues/FPS drops on high end spec computers.

So I personally am experiencing an issue where the game will run smoothly at maxed fps and then randomly decide that it wants to run at 30FPS, despite the fact that I have a computer that is high end.

There are many speculations to this, that it is the v-sync causing it, or that it's map specific. I want to you let you guys know that after many hours of testing and playing the game with an OSD running showing me all my hardware info, I finally have figured out what causes the FPS drops.

Many people think that it might be their graphics card, or the drivers for their graphics card. Truth is, the game doesn't require that strong of a graphics card to run smoothly on. However it does have an issue with CPU usage.

When I played the game, when the game runs smoothly with 85FPS stable(My monitor has 85hz refresh rate), the CPU usage by the game is around 40-50%, While when the FPS drops occur to the 35-40FPS range, the CPU usage by the game drops to 10-15% and refuses to go above.
I first though it was map related, like so many other users, as during one game it would be 85FPS all the way through, and on the next map I would get a stuttering 35-40 FPS average. But after playing the game for hours and paying attention, I realized that the same maps that a game before ran at 85FPS, the next time would run at 35-40, and vice versa, maps that ran at 35-40 would run at 85FPS, the ONLY thing that changed is that the CPU usage was actually proper around 40%.

So the problem is then not the maps, or the graphics card. It is the fact that the game randomly decides to NOT use above 10-15% of my CPU and thus causing my FPS to drop dramatically. When those stutters of 35-40FPS occur, changing the graphics settings does ZERO to improve or worsen performance. No matter if I turn everything on LOWEST or MAXIMUM, it will still stutter.

I want to thank the Developers for making such an incredible and fun game as this. It truly is a nice refreshment of all the generic FPS games these days. It is very fun.
I want to ask the Developers to please look in to this issue and fix it.

Thank you all for reading, I hope everyone who has stuttering issues posts in this thread, as the bigger one thread is, the easier it is for the developers to see just how many people are having the same issue.
I saw this posted on the titanfall forums.

isb

Banned
7 hours played, in the middle of generation 2 and im feeling boored... guess FPS is just not my style anymore, good thing i bought a cheap ass russian key though,.

The Cowboy

I put a post up on Respawn's forums trying to get some attention to it. That challenge is fairly ridiculous and will be a hard stop for many people.
The gens are there for people who want to max out and have a challenge, having things like that as a requirement to me is a good thing and adds to that challenge - so in effect only the best manage. I think its really kinda weird to see people requesting making it easier to get to the max gen, which cheapens the whole point of getting to max gen.

I really hope they keep it as it is, as in - a very big challenge.

Etnos

Banned
I'm currently level 36, so If I get this right you are gonna get XP faster in later generations but then you need to complete all this challenges right?

I kind of like this model, but I sure hope there is not a ridiculous ass challenge that implies more luck than skill, I hate those.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't get the issue with it, the gens are there for people who want to max out and have a challenge, having things like that as a requirement to me is a good thing and adds to that challenge - so in effect only the best manage it.

I think its really kinda weird to see people requesting making it easier to get to the max gen, which cheapens the whole point of getting max gen.

I really hope they keep it as it is.

There's a difference between a challenge and bullshit. A challenge is stuff like critical hits with the Charge Laser. It 's hard but also somewhat fair. Gooser is bullshit.

Freki

I'm currently level 36, so If I get this right you are gonna get XP faster in later generations but then you need to complete all this challenges right?

I kind of like this model, but I sure hope there is not a ridiculous ass challenge that implies more luck than skill, I hate those.

I have good news and bad news for you:
The good news is that yes it'll get faster each gen - 9-10 is 390% xp.
The bad news is that there is at least one "ridiculous ass challenge" - read the last page for more information-

malfcn

Killing ejecting pilots is tough for me. Either I unload a clip in them while I am ejecting and they don't die, or I can't e them when they launch skyward.

The Cowboy

There's a difference between a challenge and bullshit. A challenge is stuff like critical hits with the Charge Laser. It 's hard but also somewhat fair. Gooser is bullshit.
I don't agree and think its really good that its actually quite hard. When trying to get the max level having requirements like gooser is a good thing to me.

I want getting to level 50 and the last gen to be something that you actually have to work to get.

Fuck me I am terrible at this game. Played 5 rounds, was last in all but one... Although a couple of times I killed more 'real' players than other people.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't agree and think its really good that its actually quite hard. When trying to get the max level having requirements like gooser is a good thing to me.

If I want it easy, I'd stop at gen 1 level 50 - I want getting to level 50 and the last gen to be something that you actually have to work to get.

People are going to boost for it, that's what happens when you make it too hard. They're already doing it for the "I killed them all" Achievement.

Freki

If I want it easy, I'd stop at gen 1 level 50 - I want getting to level 50 and the last gen to be something that you actually have to work to get.

I wouldn't really care if I knew Respawn would stick to their guns and keep the requirements as is in the future.
But I expect that in 2 weeks or so when more people are hitting that blockade the whining will lead to Respawn nerfing the requirements.
If I put myself through the torture of getting "gooser" I'd be really pissed...

Aren't titan bubbles supposed to kill enemies who venture inside? I know I have been killed by them. Some dude rodeo'd my titan that was inside the bubbke last night as I was climbing in and was already damaging it and survived it plus a smoke attack before I hopped out and killed him. Was bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom