• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snicky

Cod4 and cod 1 and 2 for me were amazing games. I liked them because they were basic for one thing, it was between you and the guys youre fighting, if you had better aim and reflexes you won. I am so disappointed with the way shooters are going... Cloaking in general i feel is one of the biggest and most baffling things to happen to shooters. I want a skill based fight, not a fight based on whos cooldowns are up.

I am really enjoying Titanfall but as someone who grew up playing Wolfenstein, Quake, Unreal, CS, etc. I hope CliffyB releases a new arena shooter that hearkens back to the good old days.

I think the largest element that was added to games I dislike is matchmaking. I miss being able to chill in a lobby and fool around or play competitive rounds. Pulling in and out of game constantly just ruins the fluidity. Not even being able to choose a server just feels crippling. However, I am loving Titanfall and can't wait to see what the sequel has in store, I think it will really hit its stride then.

Mesoian

Questions

Arc grenades don't cause ff do they?

Any maps game mode exclusive?

Thoughts on heavy turrets? Worth hacking them?

Xbone settings?

I have default aim. Delayed auto sprint aim swing lock enabled...

Damage no. The visual effect, seems to be yes.

Nope

Eh, it's a quick 100xp

1280x720, 2mxaa, everything on medium.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
People really have a problem with cloak in this game? It's pretty much a non-factor in firefights. It's incredibly easy to see a cloaked pilot on foot. It's only hard for Titans to see them, which is the main reason for the cloak.

Snicky

As a multiplayer shooter, what does CoD4 hold over this? Besides it coming out first and taking you to a happy place when you reminisce about how it was playing it?

For most people, I think it is the accessibility, gun play and net code. The game just felt perfect in that regard, or at least far beyond previous iterations. Titanfall does a lot of things very well, but there is nothing I have done where I said wow, this is a game changer. The fact that COD4 was a game changer is undeniable, we will see if Titanfall gets to that point. It took COD 4 iterations to get there.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It might seem that way because a lot of people have auto-eject and the nuke equipped.

I don't have the nuke, but if there is someone rodeoing me and I eject, they get ejected too.

Which is funny, because those two are completely useless together. Nuke is best used charging in getting the doom bar down low. You have to be asleep to get killed by it with the autoejecters.

Jarmel

Banned
Which is funny, because those two are completely useless together. Nuke is best used charging in getting the doom bar down low. You have to be asleep to get killed by it with the autoejecters.

Smoke and nuke can be scary good. Also try to punch/fight the enemy Titan into a corner so they can't escape, works too.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Based off the fact that I get a lot of my kills in attrition modes just by running routes I expect people to be standing still trying to snipe...you might be on to something.

I'm really curious to see how this game evolves over time. I think people are wrong when they say this game is similiar to Call of Duty in terms of gameplay. The vertical/parkour element severely changes the gameplay. I feel like those that are taking advantage of the mobility have a high K/D (2.0+) while those who are playing it like a traditional shooter have a more normalized K/D (~1.0).

Today has been my "don't get too frustrated" day so far. Seemed like it was nothing but snipers and people hiding in bushes, etc and the times I would get my Titan I would take 2 steps in it and have 3 enemy Titans magically on me. And I swear sometimes you can pour an entire magazine into an enemy and they don't go down and you get shot 2 or 3 times and you're dead. Just gotta take a deep breath and not let it get to me. I'm still having fun though but times like this...ugh.

Bizazedo

Tell me if this is familiar.

You know you have room for 5 Burn Cards. Over the course of the game, you get 4. At the end you get another for a successful evac.

You then get the Burn Pack of rare cards after the round. Or do you, because your deck is "full".

"Nooooooooooooooooooo........"

The Flash

Banned
Man the Limited Edition Controller is indeed LIMITED. None of the stores in my area have one. Usually with LE stuff I've been able to find them laying around but not this. Had to do order through Walmart store pickup to get one.

I'm a big fan of the Cluster Missile.

Great at clearing buildings of unwanted guests.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Woo, just got to 50. If I regen do I keep my burn cards? Since it just gave me a pack full of really good stuff.

Smoke and nuke can be scary good. Also try to punch/fight the enemy Titan into a corner so they can't escape, works too.

Yeah, cornering them is great. Smoke + cluster missile is fucking deadly for that, same with covering objectives.

Man the Limited Edition Controller is indeed LIMITED. None of the stores in my area have one. Usually with LE stuff I've been able to find them laying around but not this. Had to do order through Walmart store pickup to get one.

Great at clearing buildings of unwanted guests.

There's other uses too ;) Learned one from watching the GB QL yesterday

Woo, just got to 50. If I regen do I keep my burn cards? Since it just gave me a pack full of really good stuff.

Burn cards and titans are kept

I'm trying to like the hemlock, but it's not going well. :(

It's not a bad gun the carbine is better I have put 5 bursts into people at a distance before and not gotten the kill. Amped helmlock is so good though. The other assault rifles need a little buff. Maybe if they just let you shoot the bursts a little faster it would be a better gun.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Smoke and doom........ why? That doesn't make any sense, a Titan shouldn't be in your smoke to begin with, they'll be trying to get the fuck away plus there's a sound cue and a distinct visual so they don't need to precisely see you to avoid a nuke just have a general rough idea

Basically the best bet it is to charge them against a wall, chances are they'll panic and not get away fast enough. For the most part it's pretty damn hard to hit a nuke unless they're an ogre or have used their boosts.

mbmonk

How is mouse & keyboard for this game? It looks like it would shine with m&kb over controller. Is that incorrect?

I am suggesting to my PC gaming brother to pick it up. I hope I am not making a bad suggestion.

I'm trying to learn how to use the lmg but man that kick is crazy, seems pretty useless unless you're standing still and ads but if thats the case, I'd rather use the carbine

Jrs3000

Smoke and doom........ why? That doesn't make any sense, a Titan shouldn't be in your smoke to begin with, they'll be trying to get the fuck away plus there's a sound cue and a distinct visual so they don't need to precisely see you to avoid a nuke just have a general rough idea

Basically the best bet it is to charge them against a wall, chances are they'll panic and not get away fast enough. For the most part it's pretty damn hard to hit a nuke unless they're an ogre or have used their boosts.

No smoke and nuke is good. The smoke stops you from seeing so even if you hear the sound que you aren't sure the position you are relative to the detonating titan to know which direction to flee in.

Soo G4A2 (whatever it's called) or standard sniper rifle? I'm leaning towards the sniper rifle.

Sniper with ACOG scope.

I'm trying to learn how to use the lmg but man that kick is crazy, seems pretty useless unless you're standing still and ads but if thats the case, I'd rather use the carbine

Don't aim down sights just fire it from the hip and keep moving as you spray. It works best as a run and gun vs carbin users who will slow to ADS move round to the side while jumping you should get the upper hand.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I think Jeff had someone doing a rodeo on him during the smoke cooldown, so he shot the cluster missile at a wall and dashed to it to blow the pilot off.

Though that will also do a lot of damage to you, lol.

Theres a menu tooltip that recommends this too. The Titan is really fun to play because its alot like Halo1 shield management. If you're really good at knowing when to bail on a fight to let your shield regen you can really run the Titan ragged. I've always considered the Titans very weak but I'm learning how to exploit them and its pretty cool.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
if you're getting rodeo'd walk up to a wall and shoot the cluster missile, the secondary explosions will wreck the guy on top of you and just take out your shields and a lil health

yeah like with cod prestiging

Oh, ok. Never played any CoDs so not familiar with how they do stuff

jediyoshi

How is mouse & keyboard for this game? It looks like it would shine with m&kb over controller. Is that incorrect?

It's definitely an advantage for titan controls if you've got your dash game in check. Dashes basically reset you to full speed if you do one forward meaning you don't have to wait for the momentum to shift if you want to do a 180.

VASPER

Banned
As a multiplayer shooter, what does CoD4 hold over this? Besides it coming out first and taking you to a happy place when you reminisce about how it was playing it?

People should go back and play that game MW2 is so much better. Cod4 is kinda weak in comparison these days, sorry. BTW i loved COD4 at the time i have 20 days logged with a 10th prestige and 3 gold guns so...

Principate

Saint Titanfall
No smoke and nuke is good. The smoke stops you from seeing so even if you hear the sound que you aren't sure the position you are relative to the detonating titan to know which direction to flee in.

Stops you from seeing what there's an origin and radius of smoke so you know where to leave it. You can easily avoid smoke. It won't do shit to a Titan that has even a rough idea of a map.

In a Titan I laugh at anyone that uses smoke aside from obscuring vision at long range vision because you charge at me with smoke you've given me a free kill. The only time that isn't case is my knowledge of the area is too great and you manage to trap me against a wall extra which is fuck all. That or my positioning was god damn awful .

If your able to avoid the smoke you can avoid the nuke, it's very easy to avoid the smoke, so you just wasted a titan (unless you were already doomed). There's a reason why smoke titans are becoming rarer and rarer in LTS it's because people are wising up.

gossi

Man, I said this before but I'm back to say it again: CTF is SO GOOD. Especially is you know how to play. Basically, mine the flag, and hang off walls near it for defense. Cloak. You can hang off walls by running along them and then hold left trigger while still. For offense, rodeo a friend's Titan to their room, you and friend dismount Titan, set to hold, jump in room, get flag, return to Titan and Rodeo it back while they're sprinting.

The Flash

Banned
I think Jeff had someone doing a rodeo on him during the smoke cooldown, so he shot the cluster missile at a wall and dashed to it to blow the pilot off.

Though that will also do a lot of damage to you, lol.

if you're getting rodeo'd walk up to a wall and shoot the cluster missile, the secondary explosions will wreck the guy on top of you and just take out your shields and a lil health

Ah, sneaky sneaky

Is there anyway to force myself to play as Militia in Campaign, why am I always IMC?

I've been able to get Milita a few times. Are you on Xbone cause I need to get the same achievement?

Hyb

Banned
Are the Australian servers up yet?

:)

Respawn announced earlier that Titanfall servers based in Australia will be coming online starting Friday morning.

Players are reporting ‘Beta Australia’ is now showing in the server list ahead of the full rollout tomorrow giving players the opportunity to test the connection experience.

We’re not aware how long the beta will last – likely a few hours at the most.

Don't aim down sights just fire it from the hip and keep moving as you spray. It works best as a run and gun vs carbin users who will slow to ADS move round to the side while jumping you should get the upper hand.
Ah thanks I'll give it a try, though my run and gun builds usually consist of the CAR or Shotty, will see if the LMG works better than either of those

Oh, ok. Never played any CoDs so not familiar with how they do stuff

Ah ok, yeah in COD games prestiging reset everything but each time you did it you got something for doing so besides a nice little symbol next to your name, you'd get an extra custom loadout slot or something. In Titanfall there's really no point to do so unless you really want those achievements or those cards next to your name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom